PDA

View Full Version : Pricematching @ Kohl's (merged)

WesleySr
04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
I was at Kohl's Saturday and purchased 2 Clone Pilots and a Clone Commander. They were on sale for $6.99. I asked the lady at the register if they pricematched and she was not sure. I did not have my Target ad, so I decided that I would call back and find out. I called later and the person that answered the phone said that they did not pricematch. I read in another thread that someone got Kohl's to pricematch Target. What I would like to know is how many people were able to get Kohl's to pricematch or how many were not?

darko666
04-12-2005, 07:23 PM
they didn't pricematch for me. but at that time i didn't much care, i was just happy to find the rest of the figures i needed.

bobafrett
04-12-2005, 07:28 PM
they didn't pricematch for me. but at that time i didn't much care, i was just happy to find the rest of the figures i needed.

Did they (Kohl's) have a large Star Wars selection? Is that where you got figures #33 through #40? I've been in Kohls in the past, and the toy selection is so small, just wondering if it would be worth stopping in for a peek.

moulman
04-12-2005, 07:34 PM
damn, bought 7 figs from #30-40 figures for 6.99. Didnt even bother to ask if they would pricematch.

darko666
04-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Did they (Kohl's) have a large Star Wars selection? Is that where you got figures #33 through #40? I've been in Kohls in the past, and the toy selection is so small, just wondering if it would be worth stopping in for a peek.

not big compared to TRU, Target, WM, but it has the #33-40 figures more than any other store. i say hit up any Kohls and Targets you can get to. they have the best chance at getting the hard to find figures. i got all mine today in one outting.

bobafrett
04-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Cool, I will have to stop in tomorrow. Great, and I opened an account there, and I onlky have $50 worth of clothes on it, with some spending to go before I hit my limit.

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
I just checked their website and dont have any listed

BFett88
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
That is where I got 33-40 as well. I say it is worth 6.99 a figure.

msjedi
04-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Yesterday at Kohl's in Omaha, I picked up #35, 37, 39, and 40. They did price match a Walmart ad I had for $5.24.

Obi-wedge
04-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Nothing ROTS at the one in north OKC. The 33-40 have been showing up at the WM here so everyone keep you eyes open.

ndjedi
04-12-2005, 11:09 PM
On Sunday I found figures #37-40 at Kohl's, and they were priced at 6.99. I did ask the lady at the register if they were on sale, for they had a sign posted in the toy section for 10-25% off action figures. She called to make sure and they were on sale. Kohl's even has a policy were they say, "Yes I Can!" to customers and their requests for a lower price on any item in the store, or if they were sure it was on sale and it is not ringing up right. So I got a 20% markdown, which was fine with me at 5.59 each! I was just happy to complete my ROTS figure collection at least up to #40! Now just 16 more figures left to have all 56.

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Well, I called Kohl's today and spoke with the store manager and he said that they do pricematch. So, I will take my Target ad and my receipt back up there and get my $1.99 back.

drsidious
04-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Kohls Has Toys??!!!!

Slicker
04-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Yes, they have toys but a very small selection of them. I've found some SW figures there before but I haven't looked lately. I don't even know where the Kohl's is in my area.

megaprime33
04-13-2005, 07:22 AM
I forgot all about kohls! I remember when ep 2 came out and dooku and double saber anakin were hard to find, I found both of them at kohls. Also another place to look at(and I have no idea if they just have them in MA or New England)is Newbury Comics. I havent actually checked there yet for 33-40 but I'm sure they will have a decent selection. Just be prepared to pay like $10-12 PER figure.

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Yes, they have toys but a very small selection of them. I've found some SW figures there before but I haven't looked lately. I don't even know where the Kohl's is in my area.

Here ya go Slick.

Pembroke Mall
4564 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Phone: (757)473-1017

Chesapeake
1547 Sams Circle
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Phone: (757)312-0980

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2005, 03:15 PM
I didn't even think about Kohl's until a buddy called me up and gave me the info. They had some of the first waves with plenty of 33-40s, though I was too slow to find the AT-TE tank gunner. I used a Target ad and had no problem with getting the $5 price. My wife was very sharp and suggested we put it on the Kohl's card so everything was discounted for another 15%. They were really nice at that store (central UT), even looking in the back for the AT-TE gunner for me.

moulman
04-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Ya if you have a Kohls near by its definatley worth going to check out. Just a question: so will they refund me if a bring an ad from another store that sells figs cheaper than 6.99?

DarthAngel
04-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Ya if you have a Kohls near by its definatley worth going to check out. Just a question: so will they refund me if a bring an ad from another store that sells figs cheaper than 6.99?

The lady at the Kohls by me here was a real uhm...piece of sith spit.

I managed to find the AT TE Tank Gunner as well as a few Senate Guards(both versions), and a #35 Palpi with a red Saber (I picked up 2 #35 Palpi's with blue saber)...anywho...

The woman, as well as the manager were as rude as rude can be when I asked them if they would price match the price that was on my WM receipt, and the manager said to me if I want WM prices to continue shopping at WM. Thats the first and last time I ever go to Kohls.

moulman
04-13-2005, 05:25 PM
lol owell-at least you got those hard to find figs.

moulman
04-13-2005, 05:29 PM
I was thinking about that pricematching thing; what if you paid in cash (not with a credit card of check), what happens from me going in with the same receipt and getting another refund? Will they take the Kohls receipt from me?

DarthAngel
04-13-2005, 06:05 PM
lol owell-at least you got those hard to find figs.

Thats true...

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 07:09 PM
OK, I went to Kohl's today after reading everyones comments in my thread (thanks to everyone for the posts) and here is what happened. I went to the customer service counter and asked to speak with the manager. The man that came over was very nice. I told him that I had been in there on Saturday and purchased 3 figures. I told him that I questioned the cashier about the pricematching and she said she didn't know. I explained to him that I did not have the Target ad so I went home and called back and the person that answered the phone said that they didn't price match so I threw the ad away. He happily refunded my money and told me that they do pricematch as long as you bring in the ad, but he would still refund me the difference without the ad due to the fact that I was told that they did not pricematch. So, on the way out the store, I was feeling pretty good and I spent my $6.00 that I got back on a Disney Princess sleepwear outfit for my niece.

jimmymiro12
04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
You guys are the best. I am now done for a little while because tomorrow I am goin to pick up

another clone commander
clone pilot
at-te tank...
palpatine (35 hopefully it is the one with red light saber and also they have one with blue lightsaber)

Thanks so much,
jimmy M

bobafrett
04-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Well, the folks in this area must have read the SSG thread here, because when I got there, only a bunch of Vaders, Palpatine, Anakins and some Jedi. They had a very small display with just the figures, the Vader helmet, and the plug n' play video games. Not one figure in the #33 to #40 range. Oh well, I shall try again another day.

rbaumhauer
04-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Broke down and hit 2 Kohl's today, with some success. The first had 2 "I Go to Pieces" Grievous (not a figure I'm interested in), but nothing else of note. The second was better - a few of the Grievous, 1 Palpatine (red saber), and a few Clone Commanders (which I grabbed one of).

While Kohl's toy department is very small, both stores that I went to had separate displays for SW action figures, Vader Voice Changers, and Galactic Heroes. One of them had the display some distance from the toy department, so be sure to look around if you don't find any figures. The odd thing is, their selection is generally not good - they don't have anything resembling the whole 1-32 group, but rather 15-20 different figures total. They just happen to have some of the 32-40 group mixed in (really only up to 36 in my case).

Just need to find the AT-TE gunner, and I'll have everything that I want through #40 - 3PO, a regular Clone, the red Imperial Guard (loose, off of ebay), the Clone Commander, and the gunner.

Rick

moulman
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM
great, have the receipt, now I just need to find an ad for figures form WM

JediBoulton
04-13-2005, 11:11 PM
SCORE IN TEXAS AT KOHLS !!!

Went to the Kohl's in McKinney and found the mother load !!!

Got the following ( on Sale for $6.99 ) --

Clone Pilot #34
Palpatine #35 (Red Saber)
Vader Medical Droid #37
AT-TE Gunner #38
Polis Massan #39
Mas Amedda #40

Did not see Grievous or Clone Commander -- oh well

Still a great Score -- Now I need to find the ARC-170 !!

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 11:49 PM
great, have the receipt, now I just need to find an ad for figures form WM

The thiung is WM didnt have an add except for the week of MM. If you can find that one your set. If you find Targets from last week, they were 5 bucks each.

HighLordDave
04-14-2005, 08:08 AM
On the way home from work, a buddy of mine and I stopped through a Kohl's and picked up 14 figures in the #33-40 range. The had multiples of everything except for Palpatine and AT-TE gunner. We cleaned them out. I got 2 clone commanders and 1 clone pilot, he got 3 clone pilots, 2 exploding Greviouses, 2 Polis Massans, 2 Mas Ameddas, and 2 Vader's Medical droids.

The price on the shelf was $6.99, but I asked about pricematching and the girl at the register told me that she couldn't unless I had an ad, but if I checked with the Customer Service desk, they might be able to call another store and verify the price. So we hiked to the back of the store, had the customer service rep call Wal-Mart and we got the $5.24 price for all the figures.

So for walking an extra 200 yards to the customer service desk and back, we got $1.75 off each figure and some exercise to boot.

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 11:07 AM
I guess I will go back out there today and see if they have anything new and try to see if mine will call WM and match them.

HighLordDave
04-14-2005, 11:45 AM
We went yesterday at lunch, and the Kohl's on Corridor G had nothing Star Wars; we found everything at the Kohl's in Barboursville.

EDIT: We picked it over, so don't bother going.

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
We went yesterday at lunch, and the Kohl's on Corridor G had nothing Star Wars; we found everything at the Kohl's in Barboursville.

EDIT: We picked it over, so don't bother going.

Well, I found 33-40 (except 38) at Kohl's Southridge. The SW stuff is not in with the rest of the toys, it is out in the middle of the aisle past the toys. Also, what city do you live in?

AmanaMatt
04-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh man, I am so frustrated. I cruised to two Kohls on Mon, when word was coming down that figs were hitting, nothing to note. I cruised to three locations near me in Texas today, and of the three, the Flower Mound store got the latest wave; all that was left were chopper droids, Amedda (sp?) and that weirdo robot fig (hate the look of it) - I was really hoping for the Clone Commander and Palpatine.....so close! Someone near me scored.

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh man, I am so frustrated. I cruised to two Kohls on Mon, when word was coming down that figs were hitting, nothing to note. I cruised to three locations near me in Texas today, and of the three, the Flower Mound store got the latest wave; all that was left were chopper droids, Amedda (sp?) and that weirdo robot fig (hate the look of it) - I was really hoping for the Clone Commander and Palpatine.....so close! Someone near me scored.

Well, 33-36 are a different collection than 37-40. So the store that had 37-40 may not have received 33-36.

trandoshan666
04-15-2005, 07:02 AM
I hit the local Kohl's and found everything except # 34, 38-39 there. The really odd thing was, the store has no toy section, but it had an aisle cart with these figures. Whatever, I'm not complaining.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Also, what city do you live in?
I live in Huntington, but work in Charleston.

I'll have to check it out at lunch.

AmanaMatt
04-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Well, 33-36 are a different collection than 37-40. So the store that had 37-40 may not have received 33-36.

I appreciate that, well, I'll get them - it just make take a while.

anti-hero
04-15-2005, 09:25 AM
I called yesterday to the store I bought 6 at and asked about price matching. They said you have to have an ad so I found a TRU ad with them at 5.99. Not as good as WM but I'll get 6 bucks back. (Or most likely another figure for no more money... ;) )

rbaumhauer
04-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Through an odd set of circumstances, I got the Chopper Droid (#37) and Polis Massan (#39) and do not want them. For anybody who hasn't found them, I put them in the Trade forum, though I'm also willing to sell them.

Rick

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 11:09 AM
I live in Huntington, but work in Charleston.

I'll have to check it out at lunch.

What are you missing? Maybe we could help each other out.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm not actually missing any figures; my buddy and I found #33-40 at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago. We're only continuing to scour the stores for these figures because he sells a lot of them on eBay.

We went to Kohl's on Southridge today and the only #33-40 we found was a Palpatine (#35) with the red saber; you or someone else must have picked through it already. We also stopped by TRU and Wal-Mart and didn't find anything new.

What are you on the look out for?

BoPs
04-15-2005, 01:32 PM
We're only continuing to scour the stores for these figures because he sells a lot of them on eBay.

yer the kinda guys who make my son cry . . tell yer friend to get a real job and carreer insted of selling bull**** on ebay :eek:

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 01:43 PM
If you don't want to pay eBay prices, go to the stores yourselves. No one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to pay higher than retail prices.

abell748
04-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Gee..... I guess that if I didn't work 2 jobs to live, I could beat the scalpers to the figures I need. That being said... I finally made it to a Kohls and they had 1 Exploding Grievous and a few Clone Commanders. I picked up 1 of each to fill them gaps. When I asked about price matching, they said they did not match Walmart, they matched ads. The lady in snotty tone told me that my Target ad did not count because they are discount store too. I guess that if they only price match non-"discount" stores they only match prices with about 2 or 3 of them.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 02:26 PM
We didn't have an ad; the Kohl's here called Wal-Mart and matched Wal-Mart's price over the phone.

aricajade
04-15-2005, 02:26 PM
yer the kinda guys who make my son cry . . tell yer friend to get a real job and carreer insted of selling bull**** on ebay :eek:

If your son cries, get him a bottle. Just because someone else wants to make few bucks to make their kid's life a little better, doesn't require you to act like a jerk. Scalpers are on eBay because people keep paying top dollar for the items they want. They aren't there to take the item out of little kid's hands. I am highlorddave's buddy, and I have a career. But I also enjoy the hunt of figures and enjoy making some money on the side. I don't set the prices. I don't change the market. If you don't want to buy it, don't. But don't blame me because you didn't find one for your kid. I have to do the same legwork as anyone else. Blame the army builders who buy up every Commander and AT-TE gunner. Blame the people that want to open one and keep one sealed both. There are plenty of other reasons that you can't find your figure besides a scalper here and there.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 02:34 PM
What are you on the look out for?

I need 2 AT-TE Tank Gunners (#38), but I am not wanting to pay more than retail for them.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Also, can we drop the scalper war in this thread. I would hate to see it get closed. We can all agree than noone likes scalpers, but they are here to stay. I use to collect 1 open & 1 closed, but I stopped when E1 toys came out. Now I collect 1 set to open and usually buy 2-3 of each army builder and my son who is now 5 plays with my toys.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
I need 2 AT-TE Tank Gunners (#38), but I am not wanting to pay more than retail for them.

I haven't seen any AT-TE gunners in the past two weeks. We found 4 on or about 4 April, but they've been very, very scarce since. Even when I've seen other #33-40 figures, the Palpatines and the AT-TE gunners are usually gone first.

I don't need any for myself, but I'll be on the lookout for them for you.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 03:10 PM
I don't need any for myself, but I'll be on the lookout for them for you.

Thanks, let me know if you find any.

moulman
04-15-2005, 10:32 PM
This really doesnt have to do with Kohls pricematching, but it does have to do with Kohls so owell.

My question is, did your Kohls use the barcode on the figure to scan them, or did they put one of their stickers on the figures? My put them on the card, which required a little "surgery" before I shelled out the cash to buy em.

WesleySr
04-16-2005, 12:45 AM
My Kohl's put their price stickers on them as well.

HighLordDave
04-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Both the Koh's around here put stickers on their figures.

@WesleySr:
Did you get over to the Rt. 60 Wal-Mart in Huntington over the weekend? I was there last night and saw the last gunship they had was gone and thought maybe you had stopped in and picked it up.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Both the Koh's around here put stickers on their figures.

@WesleySr:
Did you get over to the Rt. 60 Wal-Mart in Huntington over the weekend? I was there last night and saw the last gunship they had was gone and thought maybe you had stopped in and picked it up.

I made a WM run Saturday night. I went to Ashland, South Point, Huntington, Barboursville, & Nitro. The only thing I found of interest was the #35 Palpy w/ blue saber. Someone else must have gotten to the Gunship. Does the TRU @ Barboursville have the Battle Arenas or the Gunship?

HighLordDave
04-18-2005, 11:34 AM
The only place that I have seen any of the Battle Arenas is the KBToys in the Huntington Mall. They had the Dooku vs. Anakin.

I have not seen gunships outside of the Wal-Mart on Rt 60 in Huntington.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the KB in the Kanawha Mall had both of the Battle Arenas and the Gunship. But, they wanted $5 more than Hasbro's SRP for them and I passed.

aricajade
04-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Do you ever journey the other direction down to Logan, WesleySr?

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Not very often. Logan is the only WM in that direction that I am aware of and it is a long drive to only go to 1 WM. It may be longer to go to Ashland, but I get to hit 5 WM's now that they opened Barboursville.

aricajade
04-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Sometimes I make an even bigger loop and pull an all nighter.

I will hit Nitro, Gallipolis, Jackson, Waverly, New Boston, Ashland, South Point and both Huntington stores. With the optional extras of Mason, WV and Cannonsburg, KY.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Sometimes I make an even bigger loop and pull an all nighter.

I will hit Nitro, Gallipolis, Jackson, Waverly, New Boston, Ashland, South Point and both Huntington stores. With the optional extras of Mason, WV and Cannonsburg, KY.

Where do you live? Start at?

Also, I have never heard of Jackson, Waverly, New Boston. Where are they? And where is Cannonsburg @ in KY?

aricajade
04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
I live in Huntington.

Jackson, Waverly, New Boston are in OH. If you take Rt 35 over to Gallipolis (from the Teays Valley exit). Rt 35 goes straight acrossed Ohio. You take it about 30 mins past Gallipolis and you will be in Jackson (at the junction of 35 & 32). Then an additional 20-25 mins over from Jackson (still on 35) you will hit US Rt 23. There you can loop up about 6 mins to the Waverly store, and then take US rt 23 south to Portsmouth. New Boston is a suburb of Portsmouth. If you continue to take US Rt 23 toward Ashland, you will pass right through New Boston. It really blends into Portsmouth...you wouldn't know you were in a different town.

The easiest way to get to Cannonsburg is I64. If coming from Charleston, you pass by the first exit that says Ashland, and take the next one. Take a left off the exit and head toward Ashland. Wally world is on your right about 2 miles from the interstate. You can then take that same road into Ashland to hit the towncenter store if so inclined, which then loops you to South Point, etc.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Are they all 24 hour Wal-Marts??? What would be a good route to take if I was starting from South Charleston???

bobafrett
04-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Stopped at Kohls today, and found #40, Mas Amedda. Nothing more.

Kidhuman
04-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Anyof the WV collectors ever go nearBluefield or Princeton? I head out that way about 2 times a month.

WesleySr
04-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Anyof the WV collectors ever go nearBluefield or Princeton? I head out that way about 2 times a month.

I go to Beckley alot (my mom's family lives there) but that is about as far as I go.

eg45
04-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Today i went to kohls and they just marked there ROTS figures at 5.99 which is alot better than the 6.99. so now i can get the figures early and not pay a $1.50 extra just to get them early. I live in the sacramento area was just wonderin if its at every kohls.

Clonetrooper1131
04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
I went about a week ago, and I saw some of them. The ones that I saw was the ones that were mostly peg warmers at TRU, Target, and Walmart. Althought I did find a Clone Pilot, I would have picked it up, but the package was really messed up.

tgr3328
05-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I went to a Kohl's this weekend. They had ROTS figures on sale ($6.99 instead of $7.99) I found the Clone Commander, and asked for price matching. (I just happened to have a Walmart receipt that showed Star Wars figures for $5.24.) They were happy to comply. On top of that, I had coupon good for 15 % off, so the figure was only $4.45.

So, if you have the coupon, you can combine it with price matching and saqve even more!

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 02:56 AM
I went to a Kohl's this weekend. They had ROTS figures on sale ($6.99 instead of $7.99) I found the Clone Commander, and asked for price matching. (I just happened to have a Walmart receipt that showed Star Wars figures for $5.24.) They were happy to comply. On top of that, I had coupon good for 15 % off, so the figure was only $4.45.

So, if you have the coupon, you can combine it with price matching and saqve even more!

Did they have anything above 40?

Also, has anyone found anything above 40 at any of the Kohl's?

tgr3328
05-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Did they have anything above 40?

Also, has anyone found anything above 40 at any of the Kohl's?

Sorry, nothing above 40. They didn't have the tank gunner either, or I would have grabbed him.

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, I stopped by my local Kohl's today and they did not have anything above 32. They look like they have gotten in more of the older figures. What a disappointment.