PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

Pages : [1] 2

chrisc
04-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Do any of you know when the New Battlestar Galctica series is supposed to come out on DVD??? I was just wonderin' cause what I have seen so far was pretty cool.

Hellboy
04-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately it hasn't been announced yet. It would be nice if it showed up sometime before the next season starts up in July but that might be asking to much. I know that the show just started airing on Universal HD last Sunday starting with the four-hour miniseries and continuing each Sunday until it plays through the entire first season in case you missed any of it. I'd imagine that will take us right up to the season 2 premiere.

I enjoyed the miniseries so I watched the first season and thought the series just kept getting better and better. The season finale was a pretty big shocker, I definitely didn't see that coming. The unpredictability of the series is probably one of it's strongest assets IMO. I really enjoy the space battles as well and I love the militaristic feel of the show. Something I've wished Star Trek would adopt ever since DS-9 ended, but alas that desire is futile now since Enterprise is apparently the end of that franchise. :cry:

sith_killer_99
04-14-2005, 11:56 AM
This is my favorite series on television right now. I never miss an episode. I loved the season finale. They had a few new twists and shockers. I hope this thing gets a chance to go a full 5+ seasons!

OC47150
04-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Glad to see someone started a thread on this fine show!

I thoroughly enjoy it. Too bad we have to wait until July for new episodes.

Yeah, Hellboy, the finale was a shocker. Didn't see that one coming at all.

I would've liked to seen an entire episode dealing with Halo on Caprica. The tension of running and hiding from the Cylons was interesting, to me at least.

I read where Richard Hatch's Zarek will be back for a few episodes next season.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Points for Chrisc for starting this thread. This show friggen' ROCKS! My good friend has a huge widescreen tv so we watch it on that and the 3 or 4 hour mini-series/premier is actually out on dvd, just not the one hour episodes yet. I think it runs at about $20 at best buy. We just re-watched it Tuesday night and it's even better the second time around, especially knowing all the things you know from the series.

At least the "L" word is still on because I still have something good to watch but I can't wait until July! ;)

BoShek
04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Anyone else excited about the two different Battlestar toy lines coming out this summer? I am!

Exhaust Port
04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I keep hearing great things about this series from my brother but I have yet to catch an episode. At this point I figure I'll wait until it's out on DVD as I don't want to jump into the story so late.

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 10:16 PM
You should try and catch the repeats between now and the start of the second season EP. Like Deoxy said the miniseries is out on DVD so you could rent or buy that and the repeats are airing in the order they appeared so now would be the best time for someone to catch up on the show. The miniseries started up again last weekend so I don't even think season 1 has started re-airing yet. Well worth your time.

OC47150
04-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Anyone else excited about the two different Battlestar toy lines coming out this summer? I am!

The company manufacturing the smaller line of figures and vehicles had early versions of them on display at GenCon last year. Very nice.

I've seen pictures of the 12" inch, but neither line in the stores.

BoShek
04-15-2005, 01:12 PM
The Joyride figures look nice but don't seem articlated at all; like McFarlane figures.

The Majestic 12 inchers look great but carry a heavy price tag of $30 each.

I wish someone would make 4 inch figures and scale vehicles!

Exhaust Port
04-15-2005, 02:54 PM
You should try and catch the repeats between now and the start of the second season EP. Like Deoxy said the miniseries is out on DVD so you could rent or buy that and the repeats are airing in the order they appeared so now would be the best time for someone to catch up on the show. The miniseries started up again last weekend so I don't even think season 1 has started re-airing yet. Well worth your time.

Thanks for the tip Hellboy. Is it worth watching the miniseries first or can I jump right into the last season?

I need to get a DVR to help watch this series.

OC47150
04-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I'd advise yes, watch the miniseries first. It sets everything up.

The Joyride toys look more like statues and not play toys. And the Majestic figures are along the lines of Sideshow figures. And you're right, BoShek, too pricey for the casual fan.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the tip Hellboy. Is it worth watching the miniseries first or can I jump right into the last season?

I need to get a DVR to help watch this series.

I will also say that you should watch the miniseries first as it is really good and helps explain some "things" right away that might get confusing if just watching the series.

stillakid
04-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Glad to see someone started a thread on this fine show!.

Butt two badd it cant bee speld rite. :rolleyes:

I mean, seriously guys, is it that hard to proofread your work, particularly if it's a thread title?

Exhaust Port
04-16-2005, 01:15 AM
No, it's speld right. The shew is called Battlestar Galctica.

Cut everyone some slack Stilla.

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Man, didn't you spell Terri Schiavo's first and last name wrong in a thread you started, stillakid?

Now let this spelling stuff go. I will even go ahead and fix the title so we can all be happy.

stillakid
04-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Man, didn't you spell Terri Schiavo's first and last name wrong in a thread you started, stillakid?

Now let this spelling stuff go. I will even go ahead and fix the title so we can all be happy.

Probably. :D

Look at it this way, if somebody wanted to post regarding the show and they did a search, the title may or may not appear if it is spelled wrong. How many Battlestar Galactica threads do you want?

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Point taken, and it's fixed. :)

Let these fine folks get back to their discussion of the Battlestar Galatica.

Exhaust Port
04-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Battlestar Galatica.

After all that and you misspelled it again? ;)

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2005, 01:22 PM
You meen its not Galatica?

I fixed the thred titul, witch gives me the write too spell evrything elss however I wunt.

chrisc
04-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Sorry Guys, I'm from South Carolina. I think were like 48th on the Nations Education list. Heck I didn't realize so many people enjoyed this show. I don;t get to watch it because it comes on at like 11pm where I live. If I ain't home asleep, I'm with the girlfriend. I didn't realize that the miniseries is out on DVD either.

Hellboy
07-05-2005, 08:00 PM
I figured I'd give this thread a bump since the second season will be starting soon. Friday July 15th to be exact. WOOHOOO!!! :D

For those of you that missed out on some or all of Season 1 the SCI FI channel is running the show in it's entirety this week. You can also catch 3 of last season's episodes on Saturday July 9th on NBC of all places. :cool:

In a summer full of repeats and endless reality television I'm pretty excited to be getting a second season of BG so soon after the completion of the first. I can't recommend this show enough, one of the best series on television.

Tom Foolery
07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I think Battlestar Gallacita is a lot like Star Wars, except with robots instead of stormtroopers but not as cool as stormtroopers.

OC47150
07-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't forget the sex! It was only implied in Star Wars (and very implied at that!).

OC47150
07-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Can't wait for Friday night!

Exhaust Port
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I finally caught the beginning of this series and I'm not quite sold on it. For me the Cylons suck and the visions that the Dr. keeps having are dumb. I liked the series other than the interactions with the Human-Cylon folks which made up a good part of the show unfortunately. That one attempts suicide and fails all because she's confused about who/what she is? What a stupid enemy. I also didn't care for the religous visions that the President was having.

There are too many individual soap operas going on. Every character is fighting some personal demon or struggling with some interpersonal conflict. The President can't even give a press conference without having visions. This show could have it's battles on a psychologists couch instead of in space with ships.

I'll give it a few more viewings but unless things change I won't continue to watch.

OC47150
07-11-2005, 01:20 PM
I'd like to see an entire episode dealing with Helo and Caprica, not just 10 minutes or so. He has an interesting storyline that could be explored.

Hellboy
07-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Give it a few more episodes EP. The things you mentioned bothered me too but as the show progressed I found it easy to overlook the show's shortcomings. I wasn't completely sold on the Cylons either but by the end of the first season I came around. The series really peaks in the last 4 or 5 episodes.

Exhaust Port
07-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I figured that might happen which is why I'm planning on giving it a few more shows before I throw in the towel. I do really like the actors they have in the show. They really play their parts well. My, how far Sci-Fi shows have come. :)

OC47150
07-12-2005, 08:07 AM
The cylons do look like a poor man's super battle droid.

SciFi ran a special last night about its Friday night shows. Pretty interesting.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Anybody get this dvd??

I did, it's the british version. Got it at best buy for 49.99 and it comes with deleted scenes...so far that's all I can tell for extras but I haven't scanned the entire thing yet. And I guess the U.S. version is coming out some time this month?? ANyhow, I'm so glad I picked this series up. I missed about 3 of the episodes from it when it was broadcast but I'm not missing anymore of season 2!

This show is SO good, it's really the ONLY TV show I watch these days besides the Simpsons and FAmily Guy when I can catch 'em. I'm surprised more people on this board don't watch it! You might wanna give it a try, it's really NOTHING at all like the old version (which is lovely in its own cheesy right) and just really sucks you in from the beginning!

JediTricks
08-02-2005, 05:22 PM
There's another version coming to all retailers on Sept 20th, it's gonna be $60 MSRP but Amazon already has it for $42 ($7 less than the Best Buy set) and it'll have the miniseries as well as season 1, and more extras (commentaries, deleted scenes, and more) than the Best Buy set. Apparently, when that new set comes out, this current UK version at Best Buy will stop selling so they can switch to the mass-retail set.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-02-2005, 06:58 PM
CRAP! :frus:

Hellboy
08-02-2005, 09:34 PM
This show is SO good, it's really the ONLY TV show I watch these days besides the Simpsons and FAmily Guy when I can catch 'em. I'm surprised more people on this board don't watch it!

I'm surprised too. I look forward to watching this every Friday and have really been enjoying the second season. The great thing about this show unlike so many others on television is the fact that none of the characters feel invincible. By that I mean main characters could and do die frequently. This really adds to the overall tension IMO and I find myself feeling sorry for these characters and sympathetic for their situations.

I do however have one complaint. I think they could pull back a bit with Balter's Cylon hallucinations. I understand their importance but I think it would prove more effective if it wasn't happening five or six times an episode. Plus its kind of a waste of his character considering he always comes off like a raving madman. :crazed:

OC47150
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I do however have one complaint. I think they could pull back a bit with Balter's Cylon hallucinations. I understand their importance but I think it would prove more effective if it wasn't happening five or six times an episode. Plus its kind of a waste of his character considering he always comes off like a raving madman. :crazed:

You'd think someone would question his sanity after being caught talking to the walls and trees so many times.

OC47150
08-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Last week's episode was a good one. Nice to see most of an episode focus on Caprica.

Hellboy
08-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah I enjoyed the episode too but I sure hope Starbuck isn't pregnant. Taking her recent surgery into consideration I could see the Cylons impregnating her with Balter's child knowing that she'll be going back to Galactica at some point. This could be the catalyst the Cylons use to completely break Baltar and win his allegiance.

OC47150
08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah I enjoyed the episode too but I sure hope Starbuck isn't pregnant. Taking her recent surgery into consideration I could see the Cylons impregnating her with Balter's child knowing that she'll be going back to Galactica at some point. This could be the catalyst the Cylons use to completely break Baltar and win his allegiance.

I hadn't thought about that. I thought more on the lines harvesting her eggs for a lab experiment.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna bet she's (Starbuck) the one who has "the golden child" that 6 showed Baltar when they crashed on Cobal.

OC47150
08-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Did anyone notice that the new CAG was flying the newer style of Viper during the training exercise? First time I've noticed that. Guess the little technical glitch has been resolved.

So-so episode. I was cleaning house and only half-watching.

OC47150
09-19-2005, 01:13 PM
They are using the newer Vipers in addition to the older ones!

Last few episodes have been good. Didn't see the twist with the Lucy Lawless episode coming. Hopefully, she'll be in more.

The first part of the season is over this week (9-23). Then we have to wait until January.

JediTricks
09-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Strangely, I kept thinking that it might be weird if she was a Cylon, then kinda wrote it off because it seemed a little too off, then she was, it was weird. I am getting a little tired of that twist, and it's nearly always some woman causing trouble in some way. I liked the addition of the original series' theme song over the pilots walking in slo-mo, they should really consider using the tune during the end credits or something.

OC47150
09-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Strangely, I kept thinking that it might be weird if she was a Cylon, then kinda wrote it off because it seemed a little too off, then she was, it was weird. I am getting a little tired of that twist, and it's nearly always some woman causing trouble in some way. I liked the addition of the original series' theme song over the pilots walking in slo-mo, they should really consider using the tune during the end credits or something.

My buddy and I think Ellen Tighe is a Cylon, too. Nothing against women but ol' Ellen likes to stir up trouble.

Cylon Boomer said there were 7 or 8 Cylon-humans. We know of five (the two guys, Boomer, sultry Cyclon and Lucy Lawless). So it could make sense.

Yeah, the classic music was a nice touch. First time it was played, too.

JediTricks
09-19-2005, 03:56 PM
A friend of mine thinks Dualla and even Starbuck are Cylons, basically every woman on the show he thinks is a Cylon.

OC47150
09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Dualla? Hadn't thought about that one.

I honestly thought the show would end with the Vipers squaring off with the Cylons.

Hellboy
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
You know I didn't even put it together that the reporter was Lucy Lawless until you mentioned it OC. Even thought I've never seen an episode of Xena I should still have recognized her. I thought she looked familiar but I guess the blonde hair through me off.

I noticed the mixing of both Viper styles as well. Pretty cool that both are being used and I really liked the new Stealth Viper.

I've been thinking Ellen Tighe is a Cylon for some time now too but it almost seems to obvious so I kind of hope it isn't true.

What was up with Dualla's sudden attraction to Apollo?

OC47150
09-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Lucy said in an interview that producers are starting to let her speak with her New Zealand accent more and more.

I don't know what's up with Dualla. I thought she was hot for Billy, the prez's aide.

Hellboy
09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't know what's up with Dualla. I thought she was hot for Billy, the prez's aide.

Yeah me too thats why her reaction to Apollo's takedown of her in that training exercise was a bit of a surprise.

OC47150
09-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm thinking Apollo and Starbuck will be a love connection...next season.

JediTricks
09-19-2005, 09:04 PM
You know I didn't even put it together that the reporter was Lucy Lawless until you mentioned it OC. Even thought I've never seen an episode of Xena I should still have recognized her. I thought she looked familiar but I guess the blonde hair through me off. It's also her bangs, on Xena she had them cut straight across her brow, but lately she's grown them out and it looks very different, I saw her on an ep of Two and a Half Men recently, she looked 100% different with just a few subtle changes like that.

It seems like they're trying to set up every female character with 2 love interests lately, except the President and Ellen Tigh, like they're willing to take on any soap opera challenge that comes their way.

Hellboy
09-20-2005, 06:09 PM
It seems like they're trying to set up every female character with 2 love interests lately, except the President and Ellen Tigh, like they're willing to take on any soap opera challenge that comes their way.

So true. And if I had one complaint about this season (other than #6 popping up to speak with Baltar nearly every episode) it would be the expansion of these types of storylines over space battles, dogfights and the overall militaristic feel the series established during the first season. I'd like to see more episodes like last season's "33" where Galactica was having to jump every 33 minutes because the Cylons were in hot pusuit. That episode felt like a chess match in space with the humans trying to outsmart their opponent and conveyed a sense of tension thats been laking the latter half of this season.

Its funny, even though I really enjoy this show I see it taking a similar path as Star Trek. Another series that was quite good but was rarely excellent and never really lived up to it's full potential, at least not in my eyes.

OC47150
09-21-2005, 08:16 AM
'33' is my favorite episode.

I'd like to have seen an entire episode with Helo on Caprica, playing cat and mouse with the cylons. That would've been good.

JediTricks
09-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Its funny, even though I really enjoy this show I see it taking a similar path as Star Trek. Another series that was quite good but was rarely excellent and never really lived up to it's full potential, at least not in my eyes.Well, this series was developed by Star Trek: DS9 supervising producer Ronald Moore, so maybe that's his hand.

Bacta Beast
09-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Aaaarrrrrrghhhh!!!!!!! Starbuck's not supposed to be a woman!!!! Can't watch . .

OC47150
09-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Aaaarrrrrrghhhh!!!!!!! Starbuck's not supposed to be a woman!!!! Can't watch . .

I have a friend who won't watch, Bacta Beast, because the referenced to Egyptology (which were plentiful in the original) have been removed. It's weird, I know.

Daz
09-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Great show from what I've seen so far (season 1) tho not without its faults. My biggest issue with it is its evergrowing estrogen brigade I mean I love women and I'm all for empowered females in my tv shows(I loved Buffy) but six of em. ! ! count them with me

1. Roslyn
2. Starbuck
3. Boomer
4. Admiral Cain
5. Tighe's wife
6. Six (just couldn't resist)

Based on what i've seen the only two male characters with any ***** are Adama and Zarek the rest are all a bit p***ywhipped imho.

Phantom-like Menace
09-27-2005, 12:56 AM
I've noticed that everyone on this show seems to be a female, but they tend toward being attractive, so I stop short of complaining.

I never really paid much attention to the first series, so any of the reimagining doesn't bother me. Sure, every time I see Kara Thrace I have this strange mental image of Face from the A Team smoking a cigar, which if you note from above isn't a complaint.

The Pegasus episode of the new series went down pretty much as I wanted it to. I suspected it would end with the two of them getting ready to attack each other. This cliffhanger is the first time I really can't wait until January. They shot Adama last cliffhanger, and I was able to wait, though it wasn't going to be too long. Now though, two months? Ugh.

I've been really fond of how they take things from the old series and fold them into the new one. I knew enough about the original series to suspect Pegasus would make an appearance, but I wish I knew more about the original series, so I could speculate what else might show up.

vader68
09-27-2005, 08:20 AM

I've been really fond of how they take things from the old series and fold them into the new one. I knew enough about the original series to suspect Pegasus would make an appearance, but I wish I knew more about the original series, so I could speculate what else might show up.

In the old series Baltar had his own base star,in which he would chase them all over the galaxy,until they finally caught him. After that there was less and less involement with the Cylons, and more involvement with other races(mostly human), that tried to destroy them. So who knows where they are going with this series. I really like it, it took alot of getting used too with all the character changes, but now I really like it.

JEDIpartner
09-27-2005, 12:15 PM
I think the show is perfection and now, watching the original, I have to laugh at how stupid and schlocky it is. I only own the original movie on DVD but what seemed cool a few months ago to me seem so stupid.

I love everything about this show and am seriously hooked. I just got the DVDs for season one the other day and I think this will be my prized TV show on DVD... next to "Moonlighting", of course.

BTW- it was revealed that there are 12 models of the new Cylon. So far we have...
1. Boomer
2. Six
3. The "reporter" from the miniseries
4. The one Starbuck interrogated
5. Lucy Lawless's character
6. The doctor who ran the impregnation clinic on Caprica

sith_killer_99
01-08-2006, 12:55 PM
WOW, the new episode Friday night ROCKED!

Things are really heating up and I can't wait to see how the rest of the season develops.

Admiral Cain is really trying to twist Starbuck to her side. I think Cain's second in command will end up siding with Commander Adama.

I like the twist they threw in with the new Cylon ship and the transfer of conciousness.:thumbsup:

Thoughts?

OC47150
01-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Great episode.

There's one of two ways I'd like to see this week's episode played out. Let's see which way it goes.

Hellboy
01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Great episode, I'm glad this series is back. :thumbsup:

I like the direction the show is heading so far but there are a couple of things I hope change from the first two seasons:

-With a copy of #6 being on board Pegasus hopefully Baltar will stop having his daydreams and they can drop that sub-plot for the most part. I think thats what they were eluding to when he stated he was getting tired of "this place" in his last daydream. Just play with your new toy Baltar. :crazed:

-More space battles. It looks like the assault on the Cylon Resurrection ship might provide us with this. I just hope they take a few episodes to get through this mission and don't wrap it up in a five minute battle.

Anyone else think the civilian Chief from the Pegasus is a Cylon?

JediTricks
01-10-2006, 10:27 PM
The #6 on the Pegasus is going to try to kill Caine in the next ep, that's her sleeve in the coming attraction pointing the blaster.

IMO, there's 1 big plot flaw with President Rosilin saying the only thing Adama can do is kill Caine, now that they know Caine has broken the law by stripping the civilian fleet, they could strip the admiral of her rank.

Hellboy
01-11-2006, 12:15 AM
The #6 on the Pegasus is going to try to kill Caine in the next ep, that's her sleeve in the coming attraction pointing the blaster.

Good observation, I just assumed it was Starbuck.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-11-2006, 05:32 PM
IMO, there's 1 big plot flaw with President Rosilin saying the only thing Adama can do is kill Caine, now that they know Caine has broken the law by stripping the civilian fleet, they could strip the admiral of her rank.

That can't happen with someone like Caine. We all know Caine will NOT just give up her command. She doesn't accept at all that Rosilin is the president and she would never surrender her command or her ship to Rosilin or Adama (she'd die fighting for it before surrendering and she does have the bigger ship with more firepower behind it than Adama) the only alternative IS to kill her! Granted, some of her crew might fight against her, but I think many of them would stand behind her. And even if they didn't, she'd still never give up her command, she'd take out as many of her crew and Adama's crew as possible before dying. That's just the kind of person she is.

She's as ruthless as the cylons in my opionion...that's what's so great about this show...At first we hate the cylons, we think they are ruthless, emotionless, machines BUT then we get to know Sharon and Six (both mind and body version) and we see that some of them HAVE human qualities and therefore, all may be capable of obtaining human qualities (love, pain, fear, loyalty, etc). Caine, although human, is portrayed like an emotionless machine.

I can't wait for this Friday! :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
01-11-2006, 05:55 PM
I think they are really trying to hit home with the whole "examination of human nature".

Do humans deserve to survive?

Adama and Galactica represent the best of mankind. Hope, compassion, enduring, protecting the species.

Caine and Pegasis represent the worst of mankind. Murder, rape, win at all costs or die trying.

Good vs. Evil

They really like to play on the themes of the human condition.

OC47150
01-12-2006, 08:02 AM
The assassination storyline is interesting but, if Caine is going to die, I'd like to see her go down fighting the Cylons, not from a blast to the back of her head.

JEDIpartner
01-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm saving last week's episode to watch with this week's episode. I'm not reading this thread until I watch both parts!!!

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
The assassination storyline is interesting but, if Caine is going to die, I'd like to see her go down fighting the Cylons, not from a blast to the back of her head. It looks like it'll be in the front of her head, at least. :p

Phantom-like Menace
01-14-2006, 11:56 AM
I assume everyone here expects spoilers, but just in case:

spoiler room

I really thought Adama was going to turn down the promotion. I've been used to Commander Adama for more than twenty years, so Admiral Adama will take some getting used to. Of course, I guess it's only fair that they promote him in his military rank, since the new series demotes his civilian status. I'm massively surprised Pegasus survived, and not just because of the original series. I wonder how long the series is going to be Battlestar Galactica/Pegasus, though. I can't see Pegasus tagging along the whole time.

OC47150
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
I assume everyone here expects spoilers, but just in case:

spoiler room

I really thought Adama was going to turn down the promotion. I've been used to Commander Adama for more than twenty years, so Admiral Adama will take some getting used to. Of course, I guess it's only fair that they promote him in his military rank, since the new series demotes his civilian status. I'm massively surprised Pegasus survived, and not just because of the original series. I wonder how long the series is going to be Battlestar Galactica/Pegasus, though. I can't see Pegasus tagging along the whole time.

Just call him Bill.

I see the Pegasus breaking off near season's end.

Anyone notice that Pegasus was only mentioned in last week's episode, and not pictured?

BountyHunterScum
02-13-2006, 08:37 PM
I'd watch BSG but I'm not going to be bombarded by sexual content. Clean it up then I'll watch it.

Daz
02-14-2006, 05:48 AM
James31278I'd watch BSG but I'm not going to be bombarded by sexual content. Clean it up then I'll watch it.

Come on it's hardly a porno in it entire run so far I've yet to see one scene that could be considered gratuiteous and was not there to service the storyline.

OC47150
02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Observations on the last two episodes.

Scar episode: Kat was insubordinate to Starbuck, and should've been reassigned or had her flight status revoked temporarily, not fly as Starbuck's wingman.

Hostage episode: Anyone else get the feeling that Billy was going to die after his marriage proposal was turned down? I did. It was too obvious.

JEDIpartner
02-14-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm sad that they killed off Billy. :(

BountyHunterScum
02-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Come on it's hardly a porno in it entire run so far I've yet to see one scene that could be considered gratuiteous and was not there to service the storyline.

no thanks. I like Star Trek and Star Wars better anyway.

JediTricks
02-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Goodbye disposable Pegasus commander #3, hello non-disposable Pegasus Commander Adama. I kinda suspected the Peg's commander would die in this ep, but I didn't see Lee being given command after that. An interesting choice, I wonder how long they're gonna keep the Peg around for at this point, seems like they could really use her and it'd be a good twist, but it would keep Apollo out of the Viper seat.

The ep was pretty good, but I felt like it never made sense to make an engineer the commander, he didn't have any tactical experience.

As for the sex, I think it's part of real life and can have a place on a mature show such as this, and it doesn't seem to be generally exploitive at this point (I missed the mini-series), it seems like how people in those situations would act. It doesn't need to be the centerpiece of the show either, and last night's ep worked that well, it was suggestive without being a major element.

chrisc
02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Wish I had cable

JEDIpartner
03-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm really shocked that no one has discussed the season ender yet!!!

OC47150
03-13-2006, 08:21 AM
I forgot about this thread! Forgive me!!!

* From the previews, I thought the situation on Caprica would be a bigger part of the storyline than it was. It was there and then finished.

* I wasn't caring too much for the one-year jump in the storyline. My mind immediately thought of the season 3 storyline of Alias jumping ahead. It was interesting to see what happened to the central characters on New Caprica. Baltar reminded me of some Roman emperor drunk with power (or JFK and Clinton with the ladies :) ).

But how it ended, WOW! I like the possibilities of where next season can go.

vader68
03-14-2006, 12:03 PM
I thought it was a great episode, but now we have to wait until OCTOBER!!! I could understand June or July , but October?

JEDIpartner
05-20-2006, 03:09 PM
David Eick (?) recently let it spill, to TV Guide, that a central character will not make it past Season 3, episode 3. :shocked:

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 03:13 PM
As long as Adama and Apollo survive I don't mind.

figrin bran
05-20-2006, 04:55 PM
so another copy of Sharon is going to bite the dust? ;)

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 09:49 AM
They had a picture of Lee, Kara and Gaius next to the article... red herring?

figrin bran
05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
pleeease don't let it be kara! i bet it is a red herring and that it'll be someone like Helo but if not, it most probably isn't baltar as much as i would like it to be. why make him president just to have him assassinated? getting rid of lee would rob the writers of the father/son relationship and all of its strains so i can't imagine them doing that.

OC47150
05-22-2006, 08:17 AM
It shouldn't be a surprise that someone is going to be killed off, since we have the idea that some sort of military action is going to have to take place.

Could be Tighe.

JediTricks
05-22-2006, 04:16 PM
I bet it's Dee (Dualla), she's been with us the whole time but doesn't really do much, and writers like to get rid of characters they don't know how to use.

figrin bran
05-22-2006, 11:20 PM
JT, you might be onto something there with Dee. since Billy got killed off, there just isn't much for the writers to do with her anymore.

if Tigh goes, i'd look to see Ellen Tigh go as well.

OC47150
05-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Ellen is annoying.

Still think she's a Cylon.

JediTricks
05-23-2006, 02:59 PM
JT, you might be onto something there with Dee. since Billy got killed off, there just isn't much for the writers to do with her anymore.

if Tigh goes, i'd look to see Ellen Tigh go as well.
Plus, now that she's all cozy with Apollo, it'll make him emote again, that seems to be what his character does. :p

JEDIpartner
05-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Ellen is annoying.

Still think she's a Cylon.

She always puts me in a bad mood.

figrin bran
05-30-2006, 10:42 PM
She always puts me in a bad mood.

and now you know why Tigh's always hitting the bottle! i think any of us would if we had a wife like ellen.

mtriv73
05-31-2006, 11:01 AM
I'll bet it's Kara's boyfriend who gets killed off. He wasn't doing so hot anyway in the season finale. Or it could be Rosalyn. She was not supposed to live to see Earth anyway according to the prophecy.

Does anyone know when the second half of season 2 comes out on DVD?

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Kara's boyfriend was *dying* of disease in the season finale, I can't imagine they'd be so cheap as to pull that crap, make the guy who's a goner anyway the "big one that bites the dust".

OC47150
06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know when the second half of season 2 comes out on DVD?

TVshowsonDVD.com reports Sept. 19 as the release date. The set also will include the extended Pegasus episode, which I'm curious to see.

Blue2th
11-26-2007, 10:03 AM
So, anybody watch Battlestar Galactica Razors Saturday night?
Lots of eye openers. Spoilers
Turns out Admiral Cain was having a lesbian affair with that Number 6 that eventually shot her. You can see why #6 was so mad at Cain, and why she really didn't want anything to do sexually with Baltar in earlier episodes.
They showed Cain offing her number one.
The massacre of civilians, and subsequent stripping of their ships encounter.
What was really cool was seeing the original Cylons and their fighters in action. They even showed a gold commander.
The best part, and they only showed half of it was the "Flashback" episode of young Adama in a dog-fight with two vintage Cylon Raiders, bailing out and fighting one of them in the air. Nice details of the Cylons, and they are alot more agile and less clunky than the old 70's show.
I hope they include that with the DVD release on December 4th.

Snowtrooper
11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I watched it. Thought it had alot of good backstory. It helped some things in the regular series make a little more sense. I'm kind of curious how the whole "Starbuck will lead mankind to its doom" will play itself out. It makes me look forward to the final season.

I really enjoyed seeing and hearing the old style centurions too. I miss hearing the robotic voices when watching the new series. It would be nice if they would do a spinoff of the series that takes place when Adama is young. They could even use the same actor that portrayed him in Razor.

OC47150
11-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Razor. Really liked the Shaw character but figured her fate pretty early.

It was nice to see the old kick-***** Starbuck back.

I was wanting to see more of the young Admiral Adama and his Cylon adventures but I guess that will be on the DVD.

mtriv73
03-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Well, we get season 3 on DVD next week (finally, it's been a year since it was on T.V.)

Season 4 is set to kick off in april, but I just read that we're probably only getting 10 episodes and the final 10 late this year or early 2009. I really hope that info was wrong. I'll never watch another series on sci-fi again if they do this.

Blue2th
03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, we get season 3 on DVD next week (finally, it's been a year since it was on T.V.)

Season 4 is set to kick off in april, but I just read that we're probably only getting 10 episodes and the final 10 late this year or early 2009. I really hope that info was wrong. I'll never watch another series on sci-fi again if they do this.
Yeah other than BSG, most every series they have done is forgettable.
I'll be buying that Season 3.
I'm kinda hoping we get a grand finally movie, with no expenses spared. Like what they did with "Firefly" (which BTW if it was a Sci-Fi series was one of the excellent ones)
But hey, they'll still do their monster of the week one-offs :rolleyes:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Hale yeah and I'll be watching my season 3 DVDs by this time next week. :thumbsup:

As far as season 4, they had to shut production down due to the writers strike. So they were only able to film 10 episodes. You know the real crappy thing about that though with this season being split up, is that they're doing the same thing when they release season 4 on DVD. I hated they way they did that with the season 2 DVDs but unfortunatly, that's the way they're going to do it. :sad:

Personally, I just want to see some new episodes already! Beyond tired of waiting. :mad:

Adam
04-04-2008, 02:49 AM
Heads up! Sci-Fi is premiering episode one of season 4 online at NOON (eastern standard time) tomorrow, ten hours before it comes on the picture box.

Previously I was upset because my buddy at work would be watching it while I was stuck at work, but now I get to watch before him and torture him with almost spoilers all day. AHAHAHAHA.

EDIT: It was a live feed, and since I slept in, I caught it twenty minutes in. Doh! When it ends, it mentions that they will be airing the next episode next friday at noon (ET) again. Sweet.

mtriv73
04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I loved the first episode and can't wait for the rest.

Anyone know how the ratings were compared to previous episodes? I'll bet they lost a lot of people with the >1 year hiatus.

Edit: I looked it up. They actually were up 19% over the season 3.5 premiere at 2.1 million viewers.

Qui-Long Gone
04-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm glad season 4 got such a late jump....my wife and I finally gave into the hype and started watching this series on DVD.....thank the gods we did! I must have been out of my frakking mind to ignore this series!

Now if I could only talk her into getting cable so we can watch season 4......frak........

Jedi_Kal-El
04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Now if I could only talk her into getting cable so we can watch season 4......frak........

You can watch it online. It's up at scifi.com right now. The next episode will be up tomorrow.

OC47150
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Nice to see the old butt-kicking Starbuck back in form.

As much as I love the show, I've wondered what the series would've been like if:

1) The storyline didn't jump 18 months into the future. So many shows have done this and it hasn't worked. It's worked for BSG but I have to wonder 'what if.'

2) If some of the characters weren't exposed/identified as Cylons. Tighe and the Chief? That would explain a lot of Tighe's grumpiness. This aspect has bothered me during the break. The jury's still out for me. Still don't know if it's a good or bad thing.

Regardless of what happens, I'll be watching until the end.

Snowtrooper
04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
This is my favorite show on television. It stands head and shoulders above everything else. That being said, I'm a little confused on how Tigh could be a cylon. He was supposed to be a veteran of the first war and has served with Adama all these years. How could he be a cylon when he was around before they had the ability to look human? If anyone has an explanation or theory as to how this could be, I'd really like to hear it.

Blue2th
04-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm a little confused on how Tigh could be a cylon. He was supposed to be a veteran of the first war and has served with Adama all these years. How could he be a cylon when he was around before they had the ability to look human? If anyone has an explanation or theory as to how this could be, I'd really like to hear it.

Good question. He hasn't been with him the whole time, at least when Adama was a young Viper pilot and discovered the Cylon lab where they were experimenting on humans in "Razor"
Tigh could have been a plant even way back when they met.

Maybe they were able to not only clone the people they abducted, but also found a way to download their memories. That would be the only way it could work I think.

mtriv73
04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
They've been together for 30 years. I don't know which episode they said that in, but I remember hearing it. The first cylon war was 40 years ago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Cylon_War), so they haven't been together the whole time.

Just found this too...Some time after the first Cylon war, he was mustered out of the service, and took low status work in civilian freighters for several years. He met William Adama during a bar fight that began when Tigh was taunted by his shipmates over his wartime service, and the two quickly became firm friends. Adama was instrumental in saving Tigh from his most self-destructive tendencies. After his marriage, Adama was able to use his new wife Anne's (Carolanne) connections to get first himself and then Tigh reinstated in the Colonial Fleet.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Tigh)

Jedi_Kal-El
04-10-2008, 03:40 PM
The way they're trying to explain it is that the final 5 are different from the first 7 as far as the Cylons go. Not usre which way they're going to go with it, but I'm excited to find out.

Blue2th
04-15-2008, 01:33 AM
It's going to be interesting to find out what happens, now that the Toasters, and Raiders can think and reason for themselves instead of being just robots programed by the human-like Cylons.

figrin bran
04-16-2008, 01:23 AM
My building doesn't have cable so I'm have to watch the episodes on SciFi Channel's Rewind.

At this point in the series, you just have to laugh each time Kara gets away with a serious transgression.

JEDIpartner
04-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Six is officially my favourite character on a show where I pretty much love every character for their depth and complexity. I love how she and the other united models rewired the centurions! Well done!!!!

figrin bran
04-18-2008, 10:46 PM
That's sort of cheating, JP, to just say "Six" without designating a specific model :p

That Natalie Six left quite an impression, didn't she?

Jedi_Kal-El
04-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Loved the 1701-D reference. That was nice.

Edit: Callie, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:cry:

Snowtrooper
04-18-2008, 11:25 PM
When they revealed who 4 of the final 5 were, I had doubts as to if they were really serious or not. Tonight removed all doubt!!!

Jedi_Kal-El
04-18-2008, 11:55 PM
When they revealed who 4 of the final 5 were, I had doubts as to if they were really serious or not. Tonight removed all doubt!!!

You're not kidding there. Especially Tori. She's pretty wicked.

JEDIpartner
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
That's sort of cheating, JP, to just say "Six" without designating a specific model :p

That Natalie Six left quite an impression, didn't she?

I like all of them. :yes:

Yeah... poor Callie. :cry: What the frak is up with Tory???!!!!! :shocked:

Jedi_Kal-El
04-22-2008, 09:40 PM
What the frak is up with Tory???!!!!! :shocked:

She's really embracing her Cylon side isn't she?

OC47150
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I always thought Tory was hot. Now she's bad and hot!! :twisted:

Jedi_Kal-El
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
I always thought Tory was hot. Now she's bad and hot!! :twisted:

Amen brother. I also like that they're finally doing something with her character, than actually just being Rosalin's Shadow.

OC47150
04-24-2008, 08:37 PM
BSG has overused and underused characters. Tory definitely falls into the underused catagory. It's good to see her getting her more of a story.

Story-wise, where could have Callie gone? I think her contribution to the storyline was pretty limited.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
For all we know, Callie might be back. You never know with BSG.

Qui-Long Gone
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I think Callie being dead is the smartest move for solving Tyrol's character dilema....consider this:

If Callie and baby die, what keeps the Chief from going Cylon nutz? Nothing. Now at least one of the final 5 is happily evil and embracing her dark side!

If Callie dies at the hand of Tori but baby lives, now Chief can do some bad stuff as Cylon, but ultimately redeem his character through wanting to raise his son and getting some much needed payback on Tori.

Win Win senario for the series and Tyrol's character. Callie was the perfect death for raising the stakes on the final 5. RIP Callie! :cry:

figrin bran
04-27-2008, 12:50 AM
Amen brother. I also like that they're finally doing something with her character, than actually just being Rosalin's Shadow.

Sure, but now instead of Roslin's shadow, she's just a knock off of Six.

I'm starting to wonder if everyone is a Cylon? That would certainly make for the most dramatic revelation possible.

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 12:25 AM
I thought it was a really good episode, and Baltar being lifted up like that changed a lot of what we thought about the show, I'm not sure where that's coming from anymore.

Everybody's a Cylon? I still can't figure out how Anders is a Cylon when he got sick from the radiation on Caprica while the others didn't. May as well cheat and have EVERYBODY at that point, so inconsistent.

I suspect Rosalin is going to die soon and then in the next ep wake up in a regeneration ship.

Qui-Long Gone
04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I suspect Rosalin is going to die soon and then in the next ep wake up in a regeneration ship.

I'll be surprised if that happens, but ???? Actually, that would be a good 5th.....I'm holding out for Dr. Cottel....I'm not sure I could buy into a main character being a Cylon....Saul and Tyrol were enough for me to buy.....

????

I love Baltar's character! Sinner to Saint! Genious!!!!

figrin bran
04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Roslin is another person that I too suspect as being the final Cylon. They've been playing up Kara so it might be her but I sense a red herring.

It has to be a main character because D'anna recognized them in her vision at the temple.

Then again it might be a nobody like Racetrack...how else could she have survived that Raptor crash in the last episode? :p

JediTricks
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I'll be surprised if that happens, but ???? Actually, that would be a good 5th.....I'm holding out for Dr. Cottel....I'm not sure I could buy into a main character being a Cylon....Saul and Tyrol were enough for me to buy....Rosalin is the only one I could buy, she has no real past, she's been excellent at interrogations and undermining freedoms in the name of security while maneuvering it to look the opposite, and it'd really hurt Adama. Cottel I think is too human, I think they've made too many of the "deeply human" characters Cylons already.

I love Baltar's character! Sinner to Saint! Genious!!!!And don't forget living martyr and sex-cult leader.

Roslin is another person that I too suspect as being the final Cylon. They've been playing up Kara so it might be her but I sense a red herring. Yeah, the Kara angle reeks of red-herring. A buddy of mine thinks she's gonna be a vessel for the Goddess Aurora, seems a little direct to me but better than "she's a cylon".

It has to be a main character because D'anna recognized them in her vision at the temple. That's a good point, it was revelatory when she saw them, it has to be someone noteworthy to D'anna. Hot Dog just ain't gonna surprise her.

Jedi_Kal-El
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
They've already said that the fith Cylon was going to be a supporting character, and that it wouldn't be Admiral Adama, Rosalin, Baltar, or Lee. They might just be trying to throw a curve in our direction with that info, but I'd say look to someone like Dee or Gaeta to end up being the fifth.

Edit; As to D'Anna recognizing that one, remeber that at the time she saw them, the other 4 had yet to be revealed, so she could have very well been looking at Col. Tigh.

figrin bran
05-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Quite the body count last night!

It's funny how Anders shot Gaeta in the leg and everyone forgot about their mutiny. And now Roslin is beginning to accept Baltar's ramblings?

That planet that the Basestar was orbiting looked an awful lot like Jupiter...maybe they're closer than they think?

Maradona
05-11-2008, 04:18 AM
I keep waiting for the equivalent of the "Imperious Leader" to show up. It would surprise me if that is a clue to the final cylon.

Jedi_Kal-El
05-11-2008, 08:31 AM
I keep waiting for the equivalent of the "Imperious Leader" to show up. It would surprise me if that is a clue to the final cylon.

That is one thing I do miss from the old show. IL and Lucifer.

Maradona
05-11-2008, 08:48 AM
That is one thing I do miss from the old show. IL and Lucifer.

I hav always viewed Six as the equivalent of Lucifer. As you remember, Lucifer was the liaison to Baltar in the original series. Yet, in this new, vastly superior incarnation of the story, an Imperious Leader equivalent is absent. Now don't get me wrong, there is absolutely no need for each aspect of the original to be updated.

And you know, while typing this in this wee small hour of the morning, I had the thought that maybe Tom Zarak is the final Cylon. It would link the shows using the phrase "this has happened before" that has been repeate.

Jedi_Kal-El
05-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I've suspected Zarak as well at times, and it would make sense if they went that way.

OC47150
05-11-2008, 07:42 PM
So Baltar is turning into a Jim Jones-type character and Starbuck has acted like Captain Qeeg.

And that planet did resemble Jupiter.

Zarak being the final Cylon is an interesting theory.

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 06:01 AM
I like the Rosalin is the final Cylon theory, but Tom Zarek is not a bad call either considering his past.

Qui-Long Gone
05-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Is it just me or is this season dragging? It lacks a certain urgency that the first three had. I'm not sure if the final 5 are supposed to be a threat or help...well, maybe Tori is a threat, and Anders didn't do anyone favors shooting Gaeta....The Civil War Cylon angle just dosn't work for me and Starbuck has always been a good loose cannon character when her backstory creeps in...now we have no idea why she's so nuts....

I'm hoping the rest of the season picks up and they take time to get the fleet to earth instead of the show ending with them finding it....it would be interesting to see if the fleet can land on earth expected, as if people on earth knew there were 13 colonies, or will the fleet be treated as an alien invasion.

JediTricks
05-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I actually thought this episode was finally getting us somewhere, but the actual episode was SO slow for the first 40 minutes. That jump without the Demetrius crap was obvious and silly, the threat from those little Vipers against a Basestar was laughable, not critical.

It's funny, I really disliked how Tricia Helfer looked in that platinum blonde hair as Caprica 6, but as Natalie with her normal hair she looks way better.

figrin bran
05-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Are any of you playing the "Join the Fight" game? I'm playing as a Cylon and the memory game they have this week is too difficult for me!

jedibear
06-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Well...just watched the mid0season finale and....

They've written themselves into quite the corner. How long is the second half of the season anyway? Seems like it can't go on too much longer after tonight's episode.

I'll chat more about it after folks have had a chance to watch it...

JediTricks
06-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I think it's 4-10 episodes they were talking about.

Personally, I thought last night's episode had some good spots (mostly Saul Tigh being extra kick-***) and some bad ones (Deanna's lame betrayal, the rushed jump to Earth, the Planet of the Apes ending).

The ending kinda makes sense though, if you take the original BSG to be the original 13th tribe, they got to Earth in modern times, so if this takes place generations after that, then that's Earth's distant future. A buddy of mine pointed out that the Statue of Liberty was completely missing in that shot, I wonder if that's an homage to the statue appearing in Planet of the Apes in the sand.

jedibear
06-14-2008, 09:07 PM
It was a good episode...

One thing about the ending with that slow pan across them all and the landscape made me think of two things...one, it looked like the print ad campaign for the next half of the season (very "Sopranos") and two, where was Chuck Heston telling them they blew it all up?

But seriously, here's who I think the fifth is, to bring it all full circle...
(highlight to read...so I don't ruin it for others with my guess)

Zack Adama

Think about it...

Maradona
06-16-2008, 03:16 AM
So now we wait for the last 11 hours of the show set on Earth...

mtriv73
06-16-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm not convinced that was really Earth. You never get a good look at the continents. You'd think they would show something immediately recognizable like Florida, Italy, the Iberian penninsula, Australia, Africa, South America (anything for that matter if you paid attention in 9th grade world Geography.) Instead we get clouds.

Also, Laura isn't dead yet. The prophecy says the leader dies taking them to find the lost tribe (or something like that.)

I think it's a cylon trick (they planted the viper to lead them to the wrong planet so they would give up on finding Earth and give the cylons the final 5 so they can find the real Earth.) If that really was Earth then what does it matter who the 5th cylon is? Also, Torrie had nothing to do with the discovery of the way to "Earth." All the final 5 need to be involved somehow. I'd wager a nickel that that was the cylon home world and the way to the real Earth is yet to be revealed.

JEDIpartner
06-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Now that I've FINALLY gotten to see this episode, I'd have to say that it was probably one of the top three best episodes of the series. I think that they did a nice job putting things together and getting us to a good stopping point, whilst bringing things to light. Can I just tell you that I hate Tory more and more each week and that I'm completely fascinated by her character?!! Wow... she's really an evil, back-stabbing "bicth"! ZOWIE!!!!

JediTricks
06-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Amy from eFX (the new company taking over SW prop replicas, made up mostly of core Master Replicas folks) has a teaser for 2 new lines they'll be doing, and one of them is BSG: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38280

I honestly don't know what they'll come up with, I'm picturing the pistol and maybe a Viper replica, but who knows.

pbarnard
01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Last 10 episodes are start up tonight. All I can say, "About FRAKIN' TIME!!!"

Snowtrooper
01-16-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm looking forward to it too. It seems like forever since the last new episode. I've avoided reading anything BG so I don't spoil the last 10 episodes. Hope the final cylon is a real surprise.

pbarnard
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
One thing that's been bothering me, but not sure if anyone mentioend. The Cylons goal was to get a hybrid child ala Hera and Tyrol/Callie's baby. Everyone has always assumed it was Hera that was important in these visions and that she was the known offspring of a human and Cylong, what happens if it is not and the other kid (or yet another kid from the yet to be revealed Cylon)?

Snowtrooper
01-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Tonights episode was great. I really liked the part where Kara Thrace finds her own rotting corpse in the crashed viper. Makes you wonder who or what she is. Tigh's wife being the final cylon was a bit disappointing, but we'll see what they do with it.

The episode raises even more questions. Like how 4 of the final 5 remember being on earth during its destruction and ended up back in the colonies. How did the cylons come to occupy earth in the first place. Where are the going to go next? What's Kara Thrace's part in all of this?

I think that the earth they found is not our earth. They've repeated "All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again." I wonder if this partially refers to what happened on that earth 2000 yrs ago. You notice they don't show the landmasses of the earth they are on. I think that after the nuclear holocaust there, they found a new home, which would be our earth.

I hope 10 episodes is enough to answer all the questions.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-17-2009, 11:20 PM
I love how through most of the series run Leoben was always preaching about Kara's destiny, until the second he saw her body and found out what the Hybrid told her.

pbarnard
01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
What Dee did made me do a double take. I'm like, no it can't. Rosalin burning her Sacred Scrolls was touching. My big three questions...

Who's child really is the hybrid human-Cylon in all the visions?
What is Starbuck really? (Angel, reincarnation, etc)
And already hit on, how did the Final (or are they the first) Five end up back in the colonies?

mtriv73
01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I think...

The final five refers to the last remaining cylons from Earth not some subset of the new skinjobs that came about after the cylon war in the 13 colonies. It took them 2000 years, but they made their way back, made contact with the toasters the 13 colonies had made, and started them making skinjobs. Why they don't remember anything remains to be seen.

Kara and Ellen Tigh are both copies of the same cylon. There must be a resurection place on "Earth" that for some reason wasn't working after the nuclear holocaust but came back on line later (maybe the final 5 fixed it before they left.)

pbarnard
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I think...

Kara and Ellen Tigh are both copies of the same cylon. There must be a resurection place on "Earth" that for some reason wasn't working after the nuclear holocaust but came back on line later (maybe the final 5 fixed it before they left.)

The Kara/Ellen thing may or may not be true. The resurection machine probaby wasn't on earth but with the human tribes, probably on Caprica.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-20-2009, 10:12 PM
The Kara/Ellen thing may or may not be true. The resurection machine probaby wasn't on earth but with the human tribes, probably on Caprica.

I have to take issue on that because Ellen was already alive at the same time Kara was. Now had she died in a flashback sequence and been dead for a long time, it might make sense, but I believe Kara is a completley different story.

pbarnard
01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
I have to take issue on that because Ellen was already alive at the same time Kara was. Now had she died in a flashback sequence and been dead for a long time, it might make sense, but I believe Kara is a completley different story.

Not the one who made that point, but don't think it's as major as what we both think...

What is Starbuck really? (Angel, reincarnation, etc) Added Emphasis
And already hit on, how did the Final (or are they the first) Five end up back in the colonies?

I think...

The final five refers to the last remaining cylons from Earth not some subset of the new skinjobs that came about after the cylon war in the 13 colonies. It took them 2000 years, but they made their way back, made contact with the toasters the 13 colonies had made, and started them making skinjobs. Why they don't remember anything remains to be seen.

Also thinking that the final are the first, or at least they've just been around so long that they've forgotten what they are or due to the time it took to get a new body, they'd forgotten.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Not the one who made that point, but don't think it's as major as what we both think...

I hit the wrong quote on that one.

Also thinking that the final are the first, or at least they've just been around so long that they've forgotten what they are or due to the time it took to get a new body, they'd forgotten.

I've read theories about that as to them being reicarnated. Not sure how it's going to factor in, but in the flashback Ellen did tell Saul that everything was in place and they would be reborn.

Apparently it was only those five and they were all close before as was kinda indicated. The real kicker would be if everyone was a cylon and just didn't know it. And that some of the bodies they discovered on earth were theirs.

pbarnard
01-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Apparently it was only those five and they were all close before as was kinda indicated. The real kicker would be if everyone was a cylon and just didn't know it. And that some of the bodies they discovered on earth were theirs.

So saying the humans essentially died out on Kobol. Than leaving the only survivors to be the Cylons they created. Which in turn were destroyed by the Cylons they created. Which are killing each other. So we have machines creating machines creating machines creating civil war. Have I gotten it straight? :D

Given the events of the past few days, I definitely see the loss of hope playing a big role in all of it. Why do they care if they lost it all and have no place to go?

Remember, they do borrow a lot of ideas/concepts from the original series, but don't execute it the same way. We still have the beings of light and the forget his name, but the devil man to make an appearance. That device was used with Starbuck in the original. We also have the lame concept of Terra and the Eastern Alliance that could be thrown about. Gives added meaning to this has all happened before and will happen again.

Qui-Long Gone
01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Well there are certainly more questions than answers, which, for BSG is a good thing....but is the plot too murky to wade out of now?

pbarnard
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Not really. The've got 9 to go. First BIG Question was answered at the very end of who is the final Cylon model of the first one and they dropped the Earth was home of the Cylon bomb and Dee as the ultimate sign of lost Hope.

Qui-Long Gone
01-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I thought the Dee suicide was genious, but I got a little lost on the earth = Cylon planet (although it made sense for the final 5).

Questions: Who is Starbuck?

Why did earth 'splode?

Where is brother Cavil and the evil Cylons?

Will Lee become pres?

Will Cheif get justice for the murder of his fragile wife?

Will Baltar matter again, or is he to be forgotten?

Will Ellen be re-born again?

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
What Dee did made me do a double take. I'm like, no it can't. Rosalin burning her Sacred Scrolls was touching. My big three questions...

Well my first questioned was answered. Has to be Hera because the other candidate is fully human. Callee and Hot Dog????

Some how why is it Gaeda falls into being the lacky the one who has no sincerity?

The ending was fully expected, but no scarf or hair on Rosalyn was not.

Snowtrooper
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
The ending was fully expected, but no scarf or hair on Rosalyn was not.

Yeah, seeing Rosalyn with no hair was a bit of a shock.

JEDIpartner
01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I still heart Laura Roslin. : (

The whole "one god" thing always led me to believe that Earth was populated by Cylons, so it was nice to see that it was part of the plan.

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 10:57 AM
I wonder how many will be subtractred from the title sequence this week? We got 14 with Zarek, Gaeda, and Quorrum all dead. That's not counting how many were shot up in the Galactica Mutiny. Than we have what will happen to Anders.

sith_killer_99
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Questions: Who is Starbuck?

Why did earth 'splode?

Where is brother Cavil and the evil Cylons?

Will Lee become pres?

Will Cheif get justice for the murder of his fragile wife?

Will Baltar matter again, or is he to be forgotten?

Will Ellen be re-born again?

Well, according to the previews for next week, Ellen will be back, which means Anders may come back if he dies.

Here's the thing about the "Earth" they discovered.

1. It was populated by Cylons only.
2. There were a lot more than 12 models running around, we see them in the Chief's flashback.
3. We still don't know if it really was "Earth" only that they suspected it was Earth, but there was never any real definitive proof.
4. The Cylons had major portions of their memories wiped clean, Cylon history seems to be really unclear, even to them.

I suspect that there are more Cylons (human models) running around. This could leave the door open for Starbuck, or not.

I also suspect the destruction of the planet was part of a major conspiracy/plot, possibly involving the final five. Ty seemed to ellude to it just before Ellen died in his flashback. Speaking of which, what do you suppose Ellens reaction will be when she discovers her husband knocked up a Six? Turn around is fair play as far as I'm concerned she was a cheating ***** so she get's what she has comming.

The evil Cylons will return, probably for the series finale.

I also suspect Roslin wil remain Pres. until the end of the series, at which point Lee will be duely elected to office.

I hope Chief get's justice for his wife, but I'm not holding my breath, there are a lot of unanswered injustices in this series.

Baltar will likely play a key role in the end, possibly dying to save the rest of mankind in a final act of redemption, poetic.

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, according to the previews for next week, Ellen will be back, which means Anders may come back if he dies.

I also suspect the destruction of the planet was part of a major conspiracy/plot, possibly involving the final five. Ty seemed to ellude to it just before Ellen died in his flashback. Speaking of which, what do you suppose Ellens reaction will be when she discovers her husband knocked up a Six? Turn around is fair play as far as I'm concerned she was a cheating ***** so she get's what she has comming.

Pretty sure there will only be 5 Cylons. Also, maybe Ellen was more aware of her nature than the rest and that explains her antics leading to the Cylon attack on the Colonies (more a bit later). It does beg the question what happened to the rest and why only those 5 were "saved". Now, here's the thing, were the humans kicked off of Kobol initially because they created the Cylons because the took the place of (the) God(s) because only He/They can be the creator(s)? Does that explain why they were sent to "earth" while the humans to the colonies, an exile of some kind. But in a final act of bitterness for their expulsion from Kobol, the humans sent the destroyer aka Starbuck? More I dwell on it and the one time I rewatched it, I think the Starbuck wreck on "earth" is very much like the wreck we see in the original series with the "devil character" in which Apollo and Starbuck try to shield Sheeba from the destruction.

Qui-Long Gone
02-09-2009, 10:47 PM
The evil Cylons will return, probably for the series finale.

I also suspect Roslin wil remain Pres. until the end of the series, at which point Lee will be duely elected to office.

I hope Chief get's justice for his wife, but I'm not holding my breath, there are a lot of unanswered injustices in this series.

Baltar will likely play a key role in the end, possibly dying to save the rest of mankind in a final act of redemption, poetic.

I hope we see Roslin make it to the end and then her fate gets left unanswered for the series final. Lee will be president, no doubt.

Chief's character basically dissapeared until Friday's episode. Man I can't agree with you more.

Baltar dying? That would be major drama. :thumbsup:

FLORIDA COLLECTOR X
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
This show could have been done in one season. The character building has droned on for 3 seasons making this the most boring and over rated sci-fi show ever created. It is mindless in it's journey to what? The earth is dead...big deal...some revelation and all this crap about 12 cylons and only letting us know a little at a time is more LOST show genre where an hour long show could have been done in 10 minutes of storytelling. Over dramatized dribble. Where is all the action and adventure? I cant wait for stargate universe this spring....that should be a much better hour of sci-fi.

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 11:12 AM
This show could have been done in one season. The character building has droned on for 3 seasons making this the most boring and over rated sci-fi show ever created. It is mindless in it's journey to what? The earth is dead...big deal...some revelation and all this crap about 12 cylons and only letting us know a little at a time is more LOST show genre where an hour long show could have been done in 10 minutes of storytelling. Over dramatized dribble. Where is all the action and adventure? I cant wait for stargate universe this spring....that should be a much better hour of sci-fi.

Stargate Universe can't even decide on a cast yet. I doubt that bodes well considering how badly Atlantis did to expectations and it had more direct ties to the SG-1 than this show will.

If you don't understand why Earth was dead, than fine, let me explain it. What does a group that only has HOPE do when it loses that HOPE? BSG was never billed as an action show. It was billed as a DRAMA set in a science fiction environment.

I just by chance watched the Season 1 Episode of Tigh Me Up Tigh Me Down, where Adama finds Ellen in the fleet initially. At the very end, Baltar, lying about his Cylon detctor tells the 6 in his mind that he'll not say what Ellen's results were.

JEDIpartner
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I can't disagree with you more, FCX. I think the scope of this story was impressive and necessary. I think too much of television drama has been dumbed down for the masses. People are too lazy and, a good journey, is too troublesome for people to stick with. I, for one, found this to be one of the most excellent shows ever in all my years of television viewing.

After seeing this past week's episode, I firmly believe that this show and everyone involved in it has been robbed of MANY mainstream awards. What a crime!!

BTW, FCX, the word is "drivel" NOT "dribble".

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 01:56 PM
IAfter seeing this past week's episode, I firmly believe that this show and everyone involved in it has been robbed of MANY mainstream awards. What a crime!!

BTW, FCX, the word is "drivel" NOT "dribble".

I think he was talking about Anders' Pyramid shot.

Serious questions asked (maybe not answered) by BSG:

What does it mean to be alive and sentient?
What is the trade off between liberty and security?
Does a society exist when it loses most of its populace but tries to keep its rules?
Can there be a religous society without being a theocracy?
Can there be disent in a dictatorship?
Is there a line of actions that if humans take they stop being humans?
If one loses all hope, what than?

Darth Duranium
02-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Comparing BSG with Stargate is like comparing War And Peace with The Cat In The Hat... IMHO, Stargate has become a pale Trek rip-off that's absolutely unconvincing due to lousy acting, re-re-recycled plotlines, and Mr. Phone-It-In MacGyver. If the cast of TV Stargate can't take their tired premise seriously, why should anyone else? At least Kurt Russell played it straight.

The best thing about BSG is that it has blown holes in most of the typical sci-fi cliches... I'm constantly surprised and confounded by the directions it takes. Entertained, too. It requires its watchers to understand that Life is full of shades of grey, and that all real people have real flaws. It also requires a certain level of sophistication just to follow the plot!

Sure... BSG has had its share of yawners over the last 2 seasons but when it's good (like last week's), there ain't nothing on TV that can touch it. Frakkin' Hell! 2 members of the regular cast were executed just before they dropped the end credits... now that's great TV!

Snowtrooper
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM
At its worst, it can get bogged down by the politics and be a little soap opera-ish.

But at its best, there is nothing else that can compare to it, sci-fi or non. Its simply the best thing on TV right now. The acting and character driven story lines are what really makes it go. All the characters are very believable. I also like how it assumes the viewer is intelligent, unlike alot of TV shows and movies. There are things which you might have to remember that happened a season or two ago in order for whats happening now to make sense.

Its the only show that I make sure I don't miss.

Blue2th
02-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I've seen Gaeda as a guest star on Stargate once! :cheeky:

Darth Duranium
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Even more shocking, Baltar was on Relic Hunter!

FLORIDA COLLECTOR X
02-11-2009, 06:13 PM
This show is slow, boring and just plain drawn out for no reason. Its a show about a bunch sad idiots who are lost....same things as that dumb show about an island. I get the story and drama but it is all misplaced. Almost as bad as anakin crying about being a jedi master WHAH WHAH WHAH......a civilization with 12 worlds would have had thousands of vesels and many many battlestars....we have seen what, maybe 8 cylon base ships.....and only a few thousand people survived in 32 ships? come on, what a bunch of crap. if you are going to create a story this filled with realism and drama then do it right.

Blue2th
02-12-2009, 03:23 AM
You don't like that BSG, and Anakin yer a funsucker. :p

pbarnard
02-12-2009, 12:08 PM
This show is slow, boring and just plain drawn out for no reason. Its a show about a bunch sad idiots who are lost....same things as that dumb show about an island. I get the story and drama but it is all misplaced. Almost as bad as anakin crying about being a jedi master WHAH WHAH WHAH......a civilization with 12 worlds would have had thousands of vesels and many many battlestars....we have seen what, maybe 8 cylon base ships.....and only a few thousand people survived in 32 ships? come on, what a bunch of crap. if you are going to create a story this filled with realism and drama then do it right.

Must've missed the point about networks, computers and the virus or that it doesn't take too many nuclear missiles with multiple warheads to end most life as we know...but missed the bigger point. SCIENCE FICTION isn't ACTION OR ADVENTURE. That is a mistake that production companies, most TV/Movie critics, and CASUAL/ fans/observers make.

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Never mind that a modified version of that quote was used in the series...

But we never answered the question, why? Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder because of greed, spite, jealousy. And we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done.

That's science fiction according to Isaac Asimov. BSG clearly meets all of that. The entertainment magainzes (TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly...) usually deride and ignore this type of show. Maybe the sexed up element was what brought their attention to begin with, but it's stayed fixed. That's saying something to a show that airs on Friday, Sunday, Friday, not at all for almost 2 years.

figrin bran
02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
"Dumb show about an island"

Would that be Survivor or Gilligans Island?

Qui-Long Gone
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Gilligans was awsome, so it can't be that one....

pbarnard
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Gilligans was awsome, so it can't be that one....

Could it be the Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers duet?

Qui-Long Gone
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM
No, I love those two....and Rogers isn't bad either....

pbarnard
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
No, I love those two....and Rogers isn't bad either....

Maybe he was talking about Hawaii Five-O or Magnum, P.I. Although, how you cannot like Magnum, I don't know.

Qui-Long Gone
02-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Magnum is the only man Chuck Norris would screw....their facial hair alone would sink the islands!

pbarnard
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Magnum is the only man Chuck Norris would screw....their facial hair alone would sink the islands!

And the chest hair?

OC47150
02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
The last 2 eps were the best 2 hours of TV I've seen in a long time.

pbarnard
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
The history of the Cylons revealed, to a point. So the "Final Five" are really the first five who created the others, but AFTER the Centurians 2 evolved to create a religion. Also, anyone pick up on how the initial Cylons were made just about the time the humans were expelled from Kobol?

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I thought this episode worked pretty well considering that, A) it was pure exposition; and B) the "final five" cylons aren't REALLY cylons at all. Ellen Tigh became a much more interesting character while spouting exposition, and I'm glad they gave her a different way to play her character here, her original characterization would have been downright painful to watch do this.

And what was Resident Expert John Hodgman doing there? Total left field! At first it was distracting, but he actually kinda fit by being an outsider.

Phantom-like Menace
02-14-2009, 09:06 PM
I think the writers pulled a fast one on us. I came up with the idea that Starbuck was a Cylon even before she disappeared and came back. The writers threw me off that idea when they stated, quite correctly, that Starbuck wasn't one of the final five. Starbuck herself was just now convinced she would be told she is Number 7, the Cylon named Daniel who was no longer able to come back.

I think Starbuck is absolutely a Cylon. I think that when Cavel sabotaged the Daniel Cylon to keep him from being downloaded, Ellen was able to save some part of him and put it into a new Cylon, and that Cylon was Starbuck. Why do I think that? Daniel was an artist. When Starbuck started going crazy, she was compelled to paint, and I think that urge, and the knowledge of Earth and past events are what she has of Daniel. And the reason Starbuck doesn't look like Daniel is because Ellen made her different to hide her from Cavel.

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 11:08 PM
My buddy Rick feels Daniel could be Starbuck's father. It kinda makes sense, as Starbuck has been artistic as well, but it doesn't explain where the resurrected Viper came from.

Personally, I think making Starbuck a Cylon would be the final nail in the coffin for this show - EVERYBODY would be a friggin' Cylon, especially the man-hungry she-beasts.

JEDIpartner
02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I also believe that the last/sole Daniel was also Starbuck's father. This could be why Leoben kinda freaked out when he made the connection and left Kara on Earth.

Qui-Long Gone
02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I buy the Starbuck/Daniel connection....I thought the episode was heavy on talk (wouldn't it have been cool to thread Ellen and Sam's exposition into one or two interchanging expositions?)....but that's been true of the entire season....except for the finding-earth cliffhanger and the 2 episode Gata/Tom coupe....

I thought I read somewhere that they never wrap up Starbuck's character so I doubt we'll find anything out about her.....

pbarnard
02-16-2009, 07:30 PM

Credit please for seeing that:thumbsup: The John/Cavil twist was about all I missed or explains away the forgetting.

Remember, they do borrow a lot of ideas/concepts from the original series, but don't execute it the same way. We still have the beings of light and the forget his name, but the devil man to make an appearance. That device was used with Starbuck in the original. We also have the lame concept of Terra and the Eastern Alliance that could be thrown about. Gives added meaning to this has all happened before and will happen again.

Only one thing really left and I still think there's a chance they're going to borrow some device/plot from the original series to do it with regards to Starbuck. The only doubt now is I'm 50% on old plot device, 50% buying into the Daniel/Starbuck connection.

figrin bran
02-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I thought this episode worked pretty well considering that, A) it was pure exposition; and B) the "final five" cylons aren't REALLY cylons at all. Ellen Tigh became a much more interesting character while spouting exposition, and I'm glad they gave her a different way to play her character here, her original characterization would have been downright painful to watch do this.

I too was surprised at how much more dimension there was to Ellen. Galactica Ellen would've been sylar-ish painful and wouldn't have held her own against Cavil.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Anybody else here kinda bugged that the show has been referring to the final five as "models" when they are all individuals unlike the real skinjobs?

Maradona
02-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I love the way the show is playing Cavil as Lucifer from Paradise Lost, jealous and angry at his creator. I wonder if the next step is for him to offer some form of temptation to the show's Eve, Starbuck. I can easily picture him dangling some forbidden knowledge in front of her.

pbarnard
02-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Anybody else here kinda bugged that the show has been referring to the final five as "models" when they are all individuals unlike the real skinjobs?

Well once they were killed and resurected, they essentially became a model. I'm sure we're going to get a little more exposition this week on the Cylon society on Earth as a series of indviduals who out of survival had to regress to being models much like the colonists have had to regress to being a gang from a civilization.

I love the way the show is playing Cavil as Lucifer from Paradise Lost, jealous and angry at his creator. I wonder if the next step is for him to offer some form of temptation to the show's Eve, Starbuck. I can easily picture him dangling some forbidden knowledge in front of her.

Lucifer, from the old series.

Qui-Long Gone
02-19-2009, 02:55 PM
EJ Olmos is speaking to our theatre department today and I hope to make it!

JediTricks
02-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Well once they were killed and resurected, they essentially became a model. I'm sure we're going to get a little more exposition this week on the Cylon society on Earth as a series of indviduals who out of survival had to regress to being models much like the colonists have had to regress to being a gang from a civilization.So it's only me then. :p

pbarnard
02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice set up. Well it's all about Hera. FRAK ME. Boomer/Ellen and the whole Cylon history was practically a red herring for the "evil" Cylons to abduct Hera. Also think the dying leader now definitely is Galactica, not any person.

Snowtrooper
02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Dumb question, but the piano player was supposed to be Kara's father, or a manifestation of, right?

About Galactica being the dying leader, thats very interesting. I never thought of the Galactica as being the leader, but it is in alot of ways. Theres a good chance it could play out that way since the series doesn't go the way you expect it to.

pbarnard
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Dumb question, but the piano player was supposed to be Kara's father, or a manifestation of, right?

More than likely. But the point was the "music" the original Cylons hear/heard (All Along the Watch Tower on the sitar) is connected to Kara and Hera. I'm already seeing it where Ellen and at least Saul go through all her drawings.

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 04:55 AM
This episode was better than the soap opera-y previous episode. Kara's piano player was an obvious twist, I saw it coming from the first moment we met him, and now I'm more sure than ever that her father is the "lost" 13th skin job, Daniel.

The Hera twist was a good one, I didn't see it coming, it seemed like it could have been an afterthought or a pre-plotted action, which made it work really interestingly.

And Ellen was back to not being totally ridiculous over the top at least.

plasticfetish
03-01-2009, 05:13 AM
and now I'm more sure than ever that her father is the "lost" 13th skin job, Daniel.Nice, Mr. Spoiler Q. Spoilerton... I think you just blew next weeks episode for me. ;) Wasn't there a quick clip from next week of Kara at the Resurrection Ship?

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Nice, Mr. Spoiler Q. Spoilerton... I think you just blew next weeks episode for me. ;) Wasn't there a quick clip from next week of Kara at the Resurrection Ship?
C'mon, you could be Helen Keller and still have seen that one coming. :p (If not, I apologize and you can spoiler-code my post.)

Yeah, come to think of it, there was a 1/3rd of a second burst of her in a chamber, but I dunno, they've been dream-sequencing too much with her lately so I cannot trust anything they do anymore.

Blue2th
03-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I think that Ellen killed Caprica's baby somehow by touching her belly. A bio-electric pulse? It Remains what with 2 episodes left whether they would flesh that out. Probably not.

I'm not up to speed, 'cause I watch them on the internets. So my posts are old news.

You could be right about the dying leader being the Galactica pbarnard. Bet they could sure use the "Beast" Pegasus right now.

sith_killer_99
03-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Wasn't there a quick clip from next week of Kara at the Resurrection Ship?

Yeah, it looked like she was sitting next to Sam. I'm not sure I buy it. BSG does a lot of dream sequences.

pbarnard
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah, it looked like she was sitting next to Sam. I'm not sure I buy it. BSG does a lot of dream sequences.

Baltar resurrection ship anyone from season 3?

sith_killer_99
03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Baltar resurrection ship anyone from season 3?

How about the execution of Adama a few episodes back?:twisted:

OC47150
03-01-2009, 08:11 PM
If I haven't invested so much time into this show, I'd turn it off but it's like a train wreck... you gotta keep watching. The show peaked with the two mutiny episodes, and since then the eps have been off. I know the writers and producers can do a better job of telling a story than they are currently. I keep telling myself, it's leading up to something BIG! I certainly hope so.

I wondered if the piano player was Kara's pop.

Boy, I hoped Boomer punched air holes in that case so Hera can breath.

pbarnard
03-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Course, the question I want really answered is what is the 6 in Baltar's head? Virus implanted? Baltar's psychotic break for aiding in the genocide? God's angel talking to Baltar?

Phantom-like Menace
03-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Well, I have to go with JT. Starbuck is almost certainly the daughter of a Daniel model. I was going slightly different with it figuring too many more assumptions had to be made to make her the daughter.

So, anyone want to bet now that the evil Cylons have Hera, we're going to learn that the important Cylon/Human hybrid offspring is actually Starbuck and that Hera has nothing to do with it?

I guess then that the hybrid offspring of a Cylon and a Human can also download into a new body? Weird. If that's true, I wonder what Athena would have thought of destroying the resurrection ship had she known.

Wow, if I never thought Boomer was a ***** before, I do now. I have to say I naively bought that she had finally come over to the thinking of the rest of her model.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Boy, yesterday's episode was a snore. You'd think what with only 3 hours of the series left, they could have quickened the pace of the storytelling, but instead they went the other way with it. You can't be intimate when claiming to wrap it all up, and you can't rehash themes we've already been down before, like Adama coming to grips with Laura's death, or Cylon skinjobs being more noble than the humans who hate them, or QUESTIONS about Kara's death, or Baltar lying to himself as much as to others. This ep felt like a lazy mid-season entry, not the last step to the final story. There's not enough storytelling time here to spin symbolism.

sith_killer_99
03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I agree that some of it was slow paced, but the stuff with Anders and Starbuck was pretty good IMO.

I suspect Anders will be the key.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 10:11 PM
The parts with Anders and Starbuck, where nothing important happened except that he got turned into a blithering hybrid for a few minutes? I didn't really feel anything from that.

Maradona
03-07-2009, 10:40 PM
3 hours left in my favorite show is a saddening thought.

sith_killer_99
03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
The parts with Anders and Starbuck, where nothing important happened except that he got turned into a blithering hybrid for a few minutes? I didn't really feel anything from that.

Hmm...I felt there were some key moments in there. Anders seems to be gaining control of the ships...including Galactica, Kara seemed to project, just like a Cylon during the scene where she shot Anders, I felt that was pretty significant.

Don't get me wrong, considering there are only 3 episodes left, it was a bit of a let down, they usually do a better job of kicking things into high gear towards the end of the season.

Blue2th
03-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I suspect their will be at least a final showdown when Cavil and the rest of the Cylons show up.

Maybe use the Galactica like the Pegasus, in a ramming speed last hoorah, with some nukes to finally take out the Cylons.

Well, we all would like to see one last great battle anyways.

figrin bran
03-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Did anyone else spot the classic Raiders on the Colony when Boomer landed the Raptor?

That along with the overlapping funeral speeches were perhaps among the better aspects of an otherwise average episode.

JEDIpartner
03-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I did notice the classic Raiders!!! :p

One thing I am tired of seeing is Adama having a hissyfit, sliding down the wall and crying. I think he's already done that about five times this season.

Darth Duranium
03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I sure hope that they're saving up the budget for an outstanding finale... these last episodes have been pretty uneventful and slow. So slow that Adama and Roslyn took the time to smoke a spliff in the last episode. Irie, mon.

The show suffers when they're floundering for a destination... too many bottle shows this season.

Looks like it'll be a 2 hour last show... not 3 like Ron Moore recently said. That's a large discrepancy.

But, just to in time to make you say "What The Frack?" comes this article from the Hollywood Reporter:

Universal in talks for 'Battlestar' movie
Glen A. Larson would write, produce the film

By Borys Kit

Feb 20, 2009, 06:28 PM ET

Just as the acclaimed Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" enters its final episodes, Universal has quietly entered into negotiations with Glen A. Larson to write and produce a big-screen version of the property he created.

"Battlestar," which originally aired on ABC in 1978, was produced in the wake of the success of "Star Wars," which caused a sci-fi revival in popular culture. The premise involved a human civilization living on a series of 12 planets that are decimated from an attack by intelligent robots known as Cylons. The survivors are led by a starship called Galactica in their attempt to find a mythic 13th planet named Earth.

The Sci Fi series, under the direction of executive producer Ronald Moore, took the premise and ran with it, incorporating the politics of war, religion, torture and destiny, becoming the channel's signature series.

The movie effort would have no connection to the series and would relaunch the story in a new medium. However, staples such as the characters Adama, Starbuck, and Baltar will remain.

Larson was one of the biggest names in 1970s and '80s TV and creator of shows like "Switch" and "Magnum P.I."

Universal had no comment.

Dirk (Bitter Dude) Benedict must be ecstatic! Can't say I am... it's like handing Star Trek back to Roddenberry.

Well, it'd be nice to see some daggits...

figrin bran
03-10-2009, 01:37 AM
I did notice the classic Raiders!!! :p

One thing I am tired of seeing is Adama having a hissyfit, sliding down the wall and crying. I think he's already done that about five times this season.

Along with that, I've seen more than enough of the decrepit Galactica shots of the ceiling and panels and whatever else...the ship is falling apart, I think we get that already!

JEDIpartner
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
*touches nose and points at you* Yep! That's another one. Beyond that, I've enjoyed this season.

Man... Boomer's a total (rhymes with "shunt")!!! I cannot believe she took Hera and then screamed at her before threatening to tranq her!! :(

Blue2th
03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
I sure hope that they're saving up the budget for an outstanding finale... these last episodes have been pretty uneventful and slow. So slow that Adama and Roslyn took the time to smoke a spliff in the last episode. Irie, mon.

The show suffers when they're floundering for a destination... too many bottle shows this season.

Looks like it'll be a 2 hour last show... not 3 like Ron Moore recently said. That's a large discrepancy.

But, just to in time to make you say "What The Frack?" comes this article from the Hollywood Reporter:

Universal in talks for 'Battlestar' movie
Glen A. Larson would write, produce the film

By Borys Kit

Feb 20, 2009, 06:28 PM ET

Just as the acclaimed Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" enters its final episodes, Universal has quietly entered into negotiations with Glen A. Larson to write and produce a big-screen version of the property he created.

"Battlestar," which originally aired on ABC in 1978, was produced in the wake of the success of "Star Wars," which caused a sci-fi revival in popular culture. The premise involved a human civilization living on a series of 12 planets that are decimated from an attack by intelligent robots known as Cylons. The survivors are led by a starship called Galactica in their attempt to find a mythic 13th planet named Earth.

The Sci Fi series, under the direction of executive producer Ronald Moore, took the premise and ran with it, incorporating the politics of war, religion, torture and destiny, becoming the channel's signature series.

The movie effort would have no connection to the series and would relaunch the story in a new medium. However, staples such as the characters Adama, Starbuck, and Baltar will remain.

Larson was one of the biggest names in 1970s and '80s TV and creator of shows like "Switch" and "Magnum P.I."

Universal had no comment.

Dirk (Bitter Dude) Benedict must be ecstatic! Can't say I am... it's like handing Star Trek back to Roddenberry.

Well, it'd be nice to see some daggits...

...and some ships. Some new ships and some old ships! :yes:
Maybe they will use some old ships in the rag-tag fleet.
Maybe they will make toy models of them. :0

So I'm guessing it will be an older group of survivors "the next generation" with Apollo taking the Admiral chair and they haven't found Earth yet.
No "One Adam 12" Kent McCord episode :rolleyes:
Did Larson produce that show as well? Along with the Love Boat?

JEDIpartner
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Did Larson produce that show as well? Along with the Love Boat?

I thought Aaron Spelling did Love Boat and Fantasy Island! :whip:

JediTricks
03-14-2009, 04:11 PM
What the hell was THAT?!? That sucked! I'm sorry, but that was the slowest, most nothing-happening episode yet. Don't geta me wrongo, it was finely acted and if it were a mid-season filler episode, I probably would have just said "it's alright, not enough, too slow tho'", but for part 1 of the series finale?!? It said NOTHING!!! That was a slap in the face to viewers. It didn't even fit how the characters felt in their earlier incarnations when we first met them. Minus the flashbacks, that could have been 5 minutes of BSG, less really since it was just slow and hollow most of the elements on the ship. And Caprica itself was a lazy snore, nothing special about it at all. Maybe it's a good thing the show was canceled, it had nothing more to do or say apparently. The original at least had alien cultures and a longer journey ahead of them, this show has literally sat still for the last season (which took over a year to tell to audiences).

Snowtrooper
03-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I have to admit that it was a wasted episode. It should have spent its time setting up the grand finale which, althought it did some, it wasn't near enough. The flashbacks added nothing and were at times irritating. Their significance was lost on me.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to the final episode. Galactica's last great battle. Hope she goes out in a blaze of glory.

Maradona
03-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I liked the episode. In fact, it made me wonder why there hadn't been more Lost-esque flashbacks earlier.

sith_killer_99
03-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I liked the episode. In fact, it made me wonder why there hadn't been more Lost-esque flashbacks earlier.

These flashbacks are meant to build up to the new show.

I agree they should have done more for the build up to the 2 hour finale.

JediTricks
03-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah, that's what it looked like, they were pimping their new prequel series that has nothing directly to do with BSG and isn't run by the same people. I found that lousy and insulting, and a waste of my time since they said NOTHING about what we were seeing.

It was like Family Guy's take on Blair Witch Project: "Nothing's happening, nothing's happening, something about their old lives, nothing's happening, it's over, a lot of people in the audience look p*ssed."

Darth Duranium
03-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah, that's what it looked like, they were pimping their new prequel series that has nothing directly to do with BSG and isn't run by the same people. I found that lousy and insulting, and a waste of my time since they said NOTHING about what we were seeing.

I detected the odour of Caprica marketing wafting through that episode too... not exactly the build-up we've been hoping for. I did enjoy the episode (the first 15 minutes were beautifully done) but I can't suss out why they'd focus on all that minutia.

I have a hunch that we're not really gonna get the whole picture out of the last episide... rather, we'll get to see the end of the characters' story arcs but much of the mysterious/spiritual/motivational stuff will get left in an ambiguous state... which will suck.

Well, regardless, I know what I'll be doing Friday night...:cross-eye

Maradona
03-16-2009, 01:12 AM
What's important to note is that this was only a third of a three hour episode. Once we see the other two hours, we'll see how this fits. Despite seeing Caprica in the episode, none of these players is in that series. It takes place some 50 years before events in the current show.

figrin bran
03-16-2009, 02:07 AM
I like the "Lost" styled flashbacks on "Lost" but they should've been doing this all along and not shoehorning them into the penultimate episode. At least we could've been spared the boxing episode from a while back and the piano episode this season.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-21-2009, 08:59 AM
You will know the truth. They kept true to that for the most part and the finale was killer. Almost all of my questions were answered.

I won't spoil anything for anyone who may not of seen it yet but it was good and really only left me with one question in the end.

Mirtez
03-21-2009, 10:16 AM
I to wont release any info except... MY GOD, it was FRACKTANTISIC.... (dont know if its a word)

sith_killer_99
03-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I was not so impressed.:(

It was okay.

Maradona
03-21-2009, 12:51 PM
There were some great moments throughout the final episode. Certain aspects seemed overly rushed, particularly Cavil's final action.

On the whole, I'm sad. This show has been my favorite of the past decade and now it has ended...

Snowtrooper
03-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Great ending to a great series. Final battle is awesome. I thought the "what happened to the characters" portion might really drag, but even that was good. Some parts were predictable, but it really didn't matter to me. I stayed up to watch the rerun of it.

It worried me that they started off with a flashback cause I thought "Oh no! Its going to be like last weeks episode", which I didn't care much for. Fortunately, that wasn't the case.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Great ending to a great series. Final battle is awesome. I thought the "what happened to the characters" portion might really drag, but even that was good. Some parts were predictable, but it really didn't matter to me. I stayed up to watch the rerun of it.

It worried me that they started off with a flashback cause I thought "Oh no! Its going to be like last weeks episode", which I didn't care much for. Fortunately, that wasn't the case.

The flashbacks really did add a lot more to it this time as opposed to the episode before. Each character seemed to get the ending they deserved I only wish they would have explained the Kara thing a bit more than just having her poof and vanish.

Darth Duranium
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I thought the first hour of the finale was absolutely amazing... plot twists and surprising moments abounded... we were howling!

The second half was fairly satisfying (apart from the Messiah Kara "poof" thing and the Six/Baltar 150,000 years into the future speech) but I think it lost some of its potency because we've seen Laura in rough shape for so long, and we've already been to "Earth" this season.

Still, the episode was top notch, IMO... quite an ambitious story. I think it was a lot better than the final episodes of all the Trek shows, except for maybe TNG.

They have left a few threads that could be picked up in a sequel.... the Centurions and Kara are on the loose... here's hoping...

And there's still "The Plan" and "Caprica" coming up...

Snowtrooper
03-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Kara just disappearing like that was actually quite a shock to me. Up to that point, I knew what her role in the whole thing was, but still didn't know what she was. When she disappeared, then it was easy to figure out, and with no exposition.

I wish the series would have done more with the centurions, at least have them talk once in awhile. They were the most interesting creatures in the original.

Darth Duranium
03-22-2009, 08:31 PM
For those of us going through BSG withdrawal, a ray of hope: the teaser for "The Plan" went up at the future "Sy Fy" site...

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=1068221

Looks amazing! Not totally unlike Eastwood's "Letters From Iwo Jima" and "Flags of Our Fathers" which show the same battle from opposing armies' viewpoints. But I'm sure Ron Moore will frack with the concept in an interestingly dark and twisted way...

This fall... woo-hoo!:D

sith_killer_99
03-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this, given my let down with the way things ended in BSG.:cry:

JEDIpartner
03-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this, given my let down with the way things ended in BSG.:cry:

I couldn't agree with you less. I was blown away and completely pleased with the conclusion.

JediTricks
03-23-2009, 01:08 AM
I felt like "Daybreak pt 2" was pretty good in the moment. It felt satisfying to watch, but the minute I started to think about it in any way it crumbled, so my decision was to not analyze it any further. A buddy got me on the phone about it and the more we talked about it, the worse it came out. Still, I think it did a better job telling its story and tying up a few major things than it could have, I liked that it stayed true to the storytelling pattern of the show rather than jump ahead to the cliche ending and then tell how we got there afterwards. I found the final solution to the whole thing rather obvious, but it mainly worked. I would say it paid off season 4 very well, but ultimately the whole season wasn't up to the series' standards.

pbarnard
03-23-2009, 11:30 AM
The flashbacks really did add a lot more to it this time as opposed to the episode before. Each character seemed to get the ending they deserved I only wish they would have explained the Kara thing a bit more than just having her poof and vanish.

The second half was fairly satisfying (apart from the Messiah Kara "poof" thing and the Six/Baltar 150,000 years into the future speech) but I think it lost some of its potency because we've seen Laura in rough shape for so long, and we've already been to "Earth" this season.

This was all borrowed from the original series, the beings of light. In the "Last Frakkin' Special" Ron Moore points out that the visions they're seeing are angels, so Kara would be elevated a bit higher than the Baltar/Caprica Six visions in that everyone can see her. So is the two planet aspect were it was Terra (Eastern Alliance) and Earth in the original, it was Earth and unnamed planet this time. Also, the voice over of the very introduction in the begining, "Life down here, began out there..." The part of me that enjoys certain evolutionary topics, the great migrations being one of them, it was interesting to see the flight paths chosen mimic that for the settlements. So one last time, they borrow ideas from the original, and make it new or at least not as hokey.

In the action sequence, the really funny thing to me was when they were flashing hand signals and the centurians were doing the same.

The ending felt a lot like MASH to me, with it's final episode. We see just about everyone getting their 3-5 minute goodbye. The only one that was really heart wrenching is Lee. He knows his dad is going away, so he thinks maybe Kara will stay with him. She returns to the "heavens", for lack of a better term, and he's all alone again. He's not going to stay with Helo and Athena--the only friends he has left. He's going to go explore and be alone, not by choice as with Tyrol and his father.

Qui-Long Gone
03-23-2009, 02:06 PM
I thought Lee's ending was sad too, because now everyone he loves is gone....

I didn't mind Kara as an angel....it's not as if we didn't see her die, so what do you expect?

I LOVED the SIX/Baltar sermon at the end, VERY classic sci-fi aka The Day the Earth Stood Still (not the new one, but original good one).

I thought Anders, Tigh/Helen, Roslen/Adama, and Guis/Caprica had the best send offs.....

Although when you put two and two together, turns out Hera dies as a young woman according to the National Geographic (great Moore cameo)....so that sucks for her parents.....