PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader Transformation, set 7251

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 09:03 AM
I put this together last night after 10 days of sitting there.

Pieces:53
Mini Figures: 2 - Vader and a scarred Anakin
Time took to build: 10 minutes or less.
Prcie: Under 7 dollars atTarget and WM. Havent seen it elsewhere.

Overall this is a nice set. It goes together rather quickly as it only has 53 pieces. No Technics involved at all. It is tiny, about the size of Jabbas Prize set. The two figures that come in it are Anakin and Vader. Vader looks decent and so does Anakin. POSSIBLE SPOLIER:

The thing about Anakin is he has legs at thois point in the set, but in the movie he doesnt have any.

END OF SPOILER

Also you get to build FX-6. He has 5 arms that you insert tools into, 2 wrenches, a drill, a hammer and an oil can??? ANakin and Vader are on a table which rotates to show the transformation. All in all a decent set for the price. Doesnt match up to the 10 pices for a dollar Lego normally has, but its worth it. Overall Grade: B

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I put this together last night after 10 days of sitting there.

Pieces:53
Mini Figures: 2 - Vader and a scarred Anakin
Time took to build: 10 minutes or less.
Prcie: Under 7 dollars atTarget and WM. Havent seen it elsewhere.

Overall this is a nice set. It goes together rather quickly as it only has 53 pieces. No Technics involved at all. It is tiny, about the size of Jabbas Prize set. The two figures that come in it are Anakin and Vader. Vader looks decent and so does Anakin.
Also you get to build FX-6. He has 5 arms that you insert tools into, 2 wrenches, a drill, a hammer and an oil can??? ANakin and Vader are on a table which rotates to show the transformation. All in all a decent set for the price. Doesnt match up to the 10 pices for a dollar Lego normally has, but its worth it. Overall Grade: B

UUUUUgh! Didn't know about that one and I just happened to focus right on that sentence when the thread popped up! Oh well.

Is that droid an FX-7? I thought it was supposed to be a chopper droid. The tool set is pretty standard. Did it come on that plastic wheel that you have to pop the tools off from? The same thing is in the MF, Watto's junkyard, Mos Eisley Podrace, OG X-Wing, B-Wing, etc.

I'm going to get this set sometime during this TIE/I or the ARC MINI set promotions. That plus the clone walker is enough to cover the charge for the MINIs.

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Yes it was a plastic wheel that I was looking at like where the heck does this go.

The droid looks to be FX-6 as seen in a picture in the spoiler thread. I just looked at the chopper droid and he has 3 legs, and this one doesnt, so I am guessing it is FX-6

Slicker
04-14-2005, 09:40 AM
This is actually the only ROTS Lego set that I've bought thus far and I must say it is a nice little set. It took me just under 6 minutes to build so it's not a tough build at all but it is decently detailed and the FX-6 is a nice addition.

2-1B
04-14-2005, 11:57 AM
I give it the grade of D because they included FX-6 but not

*SPOILER*

2-1B.
It would have been nice to get 2 of the 3 droids from this scene (meh on the chopper droid) but I do give them credit for actually making separate Anakin and Vader figs. As far as the legs, KH, I noted that right away too and I thought maybe they could have kept the leg piece but touched it up with some gory paint, you know, to give the illusion of battle damage or something ? Or I guess we could just pull the leg piece out of the torso and make it more accurate. Or give it Yoda or lil Ani legs as amputated stubs. :D

LusiferSam
04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Sorry about the spoiler stuff in here
*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*
As far as the legs, KH, I noted that right away too and I thought maybe they could have kept the leg piece but touched it up with some gory paint, you know, to give the illusion of battle damage or something ? Or I guess we could just pull the leg piece out of the torso and make it more accurate. Or give it Yoda or lil Ani legs as amputated stubs. :D

Little Anakin didn't have short legs. Those were introduced in '01 or '02 (some Harry Potter set). If you want gory, two things that came to my mind are print your own leg patters and/or pop one or both legs off. If that's not gory enough, nothing is.

moulman
04-14-2005, 04:41 PM
I thought this set was preety cool-but out of all of the sets, no one will be the ARC fighter

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I thought about pulling the leg piece out, but he couldnt attatch or anything to the table.

chewie
04-14-2005, 10:23 PM
The set basically stinks, but you do get what appears to be the goriest looking Lego minifig created. Anakin's face is covered with lots of red painted areas. Shockingly bloody looking for Lego.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2005, 09:19 AM
The set basically stinks, but you do get what appears to be the goriest looking Lego minifig created. Anakin's face is covered with lots of red painted areas. Shockingly bloody looking for Lego.

Well, it doesn't look too exciting, but Lego had to come out with a small set. There are probably some kids who'd like a EP3 set but don't have $$$$ to shell out. This would be a nice set for them because it comes with an Ani and a Vader.

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm going to get this set sometime during this TIE/I or the ARC MINI set promotions. That plus the clone walker is enough to cover the charge for the MINIs.This is true. If you decide to buy the Droid Tri-Fighter as well (and you might as well, it's a dandy set), it alone costs the price of the promos so buy it separately to get 2 sets as they won't give you 2 sets for spending $30 in one purchase.

bobafrett
04-17-2005, 07:00 PM
I liked the set so much, I bought two!

2-1B
04-17-2005, 07:03 PM
So what are you putting the second set toward, Frett ?

bobafrett
04-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Not sure, I though I might try building one of the sets on the back of the box. Then again, I thought about returning it, so I could get one of the other sets, since I seem to have a lot of Vaders around, I'm running out of places to put him.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
This is true. If you decide to buy the Droid Tri-Fighter as well (and you might as well, it's a dandy set), it alone costs the price of the promos so buy it separately to get 2 sets as they won't give you 2 sets for spending $30 in one purchase.

I already did that for my first one. I've tried to get another one, but the local TRU actually ran out of clone walkers so I'm waiting for another shipment to come in.

I recently got a $5 "gift card" (really a coupon) from TRU and asked about using it for the Lego promo. I was told that as long as the pre-card total is more than $14.99 they'll thrown in a MINI for free. I guess I must have given my real phone number once instead of the phony one I usually give out.

Don't forget about the ARC MINI coming out in a couple of weeks.