PDA

View Full Version : "Napoleon Dynamite" action figures- flippin' sweet!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-14-2005, 07:05 PM
http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=12577

McFarlane Toys and Fox Licensing & Merchandising proudly announce a new licensing agreement bringing a "sweet" line of action figures based on characters from the hit cult-flick Napoleon Dynamite.

The "hilarious" (NY Post) and "wonderfully original" (People) comedy that has had dynamite theatrical staying power, incredible word of mouth and a distinct look and feel is now being represented with a brand-new line of Napoleon Dynamite figures.

The line will feature an assortment of figures including the film's quirky anti-hero Napoleon Dynamite, his mustachioed sidekick Pedro Sanchez and chatroom-junkie brother Kip.

"This is the new generation's cult classic film; fans will be repeating the lines over and over just like my generation did with three or four movies when I was 13," said McFarlane Toys founder Todd McFarlane. "My goal is to showcase the main characters of the movie and reward the fans with some of the more memorable and unforgettable scenes in action figure form."

"Napoleon Dynamite and action figure may seem like an oxymoron, but McFarlane Toys has the appreciation and understanding of this character and the film to create some truly fun and highly appealing toys," said Peter Byrne, Executive Vice President, Licensing, Twentieth Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising. "There is a huge pent up demand for merchandise for 'Napoleon Dynamite' and a McFarlane action figure will be a 'must have' for all fans."

The new line of Napoleon Dynamite from McFarlane Toys will be hitting shelves in fall 2005.

Napoleon Dynamite is a new kind of hero, complete with a tight 'fro, sweet moon boots and skills that can't be topped. Napoleon spends his days drawing mythical beasts, duking it out with his brother Kip and avoiding his scheming Uncle Rico. When two new friends enter Napoleon's life -- shy Deb and mustachioed Pedro -- the trio launches a campaign to elect Pedro for class president and make the student body's wildest dreams come true. But if Pedro is to beat stuck-up Summer, Napoleon will have to unleash his secret weapon...

A runaway comedy hit at the Sundance Film Festival and named Best Feature Film at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival, Napoleon Dynamite marks the feature film debut of an original new voice, director Jared Hess, who himself grew up in Preston, Idaho, and left his studies at Brigham Young University to make the film. Napoleon Dynamite is written by Jared and his wife, Jerusha Hess, and produced by Jeremy Coon, Chris Wyatt and Sean C. Covel. The comic cast includes Jon Heder, Jon Gries, Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirez, Tina Majorino, Diedrich Bader and Haylie Duff.

alright, this could easily go either way. I love the idea of a ND figure along with the rest of the crew and i'm sure mcFarlane and his sculpts will be ridiculously awesome, but still, i dunno. We'll see. :D

Slicker
04-14-2005, 07:46 PM
I very, very rarely buy McF toys but these, and I mean all of these, will be on my dresser prominently featured. It seems almost too good to be true.

Rocketboy
04-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Dreams do come true....

RooJay
04-14-2005, 09:34 PM
If ever a figure line needed voice chips, this'd be the one.

drsidious
04-18-2005, 01:49 AM
i want a playset with his bro and a computer
an a rico with tripod n football

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Dang! Did I not muse about the possibilities of these in another thread? Oh my God this is amazing! Since it's McFarlane the sculpting will be great but I hope they're not stuck in stupid poses. Then again I think any pose would be okay. Instead I would've liked a super poseable dancin' Napoleon with boots and all, but this is still awesome.

RooJay
04-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I think it's a pretty safe bet that we'll be seeing a dancing Napoleon on a stage base. I won't mind at all if it's a static posed figure (I'm 100% certain it will be) as long as they capture the spirit of Napoleon's killer moves! I think a "Peace out" Kip is a must as well.

Beast
04-22-2005, 11:05 AM
From Todd's mouth while on the MLB radio show.

"He said the first series should include 4 figures: 2 Napoleon's, 1 Kip and 1 Pedro. 1 Napoleon pose will be the movie poster/DVD cover. He said he has plans for possible Napoleon box sets: Napoleon feeding Tina, Napoleon pulling Kip on his bike. He said Jon Heder came in and they scanned him doing different poses which makes it easier to make the sculpts. He even brought in his moon boots. Oh and he said another pose would be Napoleon sitting on the front steps of the school drawing."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
04-22-2005, 01:34 PM
"Freaking idiot!" These should be cool, im really excited to see what McFarlane can do with Napolean Dynamite. I cant wait to have Napoleans face gracing my toy room, he will definetely stand out from what i already have.

Slicker
04-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Hopefully these are as good as they sound. I'd definitely be buying all of these especially if they make a "peace out" Kip.

JON9000
05-03-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll pass on everything and only get Tina. You fat lard.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't know if there should be so many box sets of just Napoleon doing stuff. Maybe if this were a smaller (scale-wise) line, then yeah, but this would take up a lot of space and money. Hopefully the Napoleon from the DVD cover will have the correct shoes and not the boots, as they were added to the picture. Still, I'd like to see figures of:
*Deb in prom dress with "real big" sleeves
*Uncle Rico with football
*Rex (Kwon Do) with "the wisdom of a man" :D
*Lafawnduh
*Kip in pimp uniform
They should have a Napoleon with different interchangeable shirts/torsos so he could have all his T-shirts (Rick's College, Endurance, helicopter, Vote for Pedro, etc.) and could represent any time in the movie (except for the prom). But seeing as how this is McFarlane, it won't happen; instead he'll probably release the same figure with different paint apps and accessories. :cry:

CaptainSolo1138
05-05-2005, 08:17 PM
I'll buy them as my budget allows.

Is it just me or did the buzz about this movie die in a hurry?

(400th post!!)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=15438&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

folks, we have pictures.

Gangster Kip, DAncing Napoleon, Suit Napoleon, Teatherball Napoleon, and Pedro.

I'm SO getting the Dancing one. enjoy!

JimJamBonds
07-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Like most McFarlane figs these look... well pretty flippin' sweet. As JJL said a Rex Kwon Do would be cool, other then that I don't see myself buying any.

kool-aid killer
07-14-2005, 12:44 PM
I like these guys, especially Pedro, but wish that Kip were in something other than his gangsta clothes. I may pick them up, or i may not, it really depends on what all else is out when i first see them.

Exhaust Port
07-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Very cool news. Thanks for the links.

Slicker
07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
These exceed all of my expectations. These are flippin' sweet.

General_Grievous
07-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Even though the figures look pretty good, I just wish NECA had the license. McFarlane will probably drop this line after two waves, like he did with the Austin Powers line. We should get a Rex, though. Maybe throw in an Uncle Rico while they're at it.

Rocketboy
07-14-2005, 09:18 PM
I want all of 'em, but especially the 12" Napoleon (with sound)!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I also love the Dancing Napoleon, and I like how one of them comes with a little action figure! I like the Kip but would have preferred a regular one. The nachos are a nice accessory. Pedro is cool, if a little boring. I hate how they gave Prom Napoleon the wrong shoes, which they did on all the publicity pictures too. He wore regular brown shoes when he went to the dance (was it even the prom?), not his dancin' boots. Tetherball Napoleon is pretty cool too.

Slicker
07-18-2005, 06:39 PM
They really did nail the accessories with these. I love the mini action figure that comes with Napoleon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2005, 01:06 PM
When are these supposed to be out? I thought it was around now.

Ji'dai
12-18-2005, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen the McFarlane figures but I did see an animatronic dancing Napolean at Wal-Mart Friday afternoon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2005, 05:23 PM
I haven't seen the McFarlane figures but I did see an animatronic dancing Napolean at Wal-Mart Friday afternoon.
And I bet it was so realistic too. :rolleyes:

At Urban Outfitters I saw an 8" talking one, but it wasn't McFarlane and it wasn't very good-looking. It looked like something out of a Lilian Vernon catalog.

Ji'dai
12-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Lilian Vernon.. yeah, that's about right. Wal-Mart.com has three different 12" Talking Napolean dolls. And... they are all sold out, so no accounting for taste. This is the one (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4329377) I saw in-store last Friday.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah, speaking of wal-mart, i found series one (minus Pedro) at my local wal-mart store as i was on my way to clock in today. I don't have any desire to get the whole line, but i did get a dancing Napoleon for myself and the Teatherball Napoleon for my bro as an x-mas gag gift. I really wanted another dancing one for him, but i grabbed the last one. Hopefully we'll get more in by x-mas morning. Rang up at a toasty 9.97! Yesssssssss! :crazed:

P.S.- they look GREAT.

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 12:44 AM
I saw them the otehr day. I thought they looked ok, but the price tag is a bit high

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah, speaking of wal-mart, i found series one (minus Pedro) at my local wal-mart store as i was on my way to clock in today. I don't have any desire to get the whole line, but i did get a dancing Napoleon for myself and the Teatherball Napoleon for my bro as an x-mas gag gift. I really wanted another dancing one for him, but i grabbed the last one. Hopefully we'll get more in by x-mas morning. Rang up at a toasty 9.97! Yesssssssss! :crazed:

P.S.- they look GREAT.
Which section were they in? Just the regular ol' action figure aisle?

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 01:14 PM
THats where I saw them.

Slicker
12-30-2005, 01:12 AM
I saw the 12" talking Napoleon tonight at WM. It was in the electronics section of all places just chillin' on a shelf. Obviously someone had just set it there. I considered buying it but I couldn't find a price tag (do stores even use those anymore ;)) and I didn't feel like finding a price checker so I passed on it. It looks good though so I may have to go back and get it.

Slicker
01-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Was at WM tonight and found all of the 6" figures with the exception of the Vote for Pedro one from the end dance scene. I picked up Napoleon in his suit. It's a typical McFarlane statue action figure but they look reeeeeaaaallllly good. It was a toss up between Napoleon in his suit or tetherball Napoleon which also looked good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Sweet! I still haven't found them, but I haven't actively been looking anyway. I doubt I'll collect the whole set, but I'll definitely get a few. I think I stated earlier in this thread, but I'm passing on the prom Napoleon since he wasn't wearing those boots in that scene (it's based on a promo shoot rather than the actual film).