PDA

View Full Version : Custom Clone Trooper

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Here is a pic of a Clone Trooper custom I did. It isn't based on anything other than an active imagination and a little free time. You'll obviously notice he has some lightsaber hilts on his belt. I thought it looked cool as if they were picked up on the battlfield like dog tags. :D

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Nicely done

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks KH. :)

Picture quality kinda sucks but oh well, I'm still getting used to using my camera and editing the photo size so I can post them here.

Bobby Fett
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Nice job. My initial reaction is that he looks like a Royal Guard outfitted for some heavy duty combat.

DarthBrandon
04-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Good job Hellboy, nice touch with the hilts & detailing.

Reefer Shark
04-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Very nice! I agree w/Brandon, great job on the detailing. Looks like you have some painting experience.

Since I can't paint worth squat, you wanna do a custom Clone Wars gunship for me? ;) >j/k<

Hellboy
04-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas. :D

Hellboy
04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Here are some much clearer pictures. Even though I liked it I've since taken the knife off his belt, seemed a bit much considering hes packing enough heat to take down a small army. :crazed:

darko666
04-17-2005, 09:52 PM
thats a cool looking clone trooper. the lightsabers add a nice touch to it. seems like he would be a trooper that shows up around the fall of the jedi. what items did you use for the figure and is that a cartoon clone trooper?

Kidhuman
04-17-2005, 11:27 PM
I took the original one and told the guys in the AIM chat that it was Targfets exclusive. Got a few of them with it. :D :beard:

ronhudy
04-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Looks pretty cool!

Here's a pic of one I customized for my son last night. It's a replica of a clone trooper that appears on the new "Jedi" poster that came out. You can see him in the lower right-hand corner of the poster. Here's the link to the actual poster:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/1178833.jpg

EDIT: Interesting...I just noticed the poster in this link shows the CLONE COMMANDER in the lower right, not a standard Clone w/red markings. It is a totally different trooper! My son has this poster (which is what I had in front of me while doing the custom paint job) and I followed it to exact detail. His poster definitely does not have a Clone Commander on it. Weird...

...and here's my custom job. Just a little bit of red model paint and about 45 minutes of time. :)

Hellboy
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Nice work ronhudy. I'm planning on doing a few EPIII style Clone Trooper customs myself, most likely one of the Commanders.

I took the original one and told the guys in the AIM chat that it was Target's exclusive. Got a few of them with it. :D :beard:

lol Thats pretty funny.

thats a cool looking clone trooper. the lightsabers add a nice touch to it. seems like he would be a trooper that shows up around the fall of the jedi. what items did you use for the figure and is that a cartoon clone trooper?

Thanks darko. The Clone Trooper is a CW ARC Trooper with the tunic removed but still including his pauldron, blaster rifle w/shoulder strap and pistol. Here is a list of everything else on him and where it originated from.
-Black Robe- Saga Luke Jedi
-Stormtrooper Belt & Holster- Death Star Accessory Set
-Lightsaber Hilts- Arena Conflict Accessory Set
-Blaster Rifle- POTF2 AT-ST Driver
-Knife- POTF2 Kabe

Kidhuman
04-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Ron, that is pretty sweet.

Thanks Hellboy, kid in KH doesnt mean youngster...:beard:

ronhudy
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Ron, that is pretty sweet.

Thanks. Also, a side note: while browsing links looking for a decent image of the poster which I took this Clone Trooper design from, I found out there are two variations of the new "Jedi" poster. The first link shows the Red Armor clone trooper design I used on the bottom right corner. The second link shows a variation with a Yellow Trooper, Clone Commander, and standard Clone Trooper, but not the Red Armor Trooper that appears in my poster. Weird... :crazed:

http://images.marketworks.com/hi/63/62971/pt8481.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/1178833.jpg

ronhudy
04-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Here's a new pic of my custom Clone Trooper on a card w/customized insert also...

Hellboy
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Nice work on the recard job. Looks like a real ROTS figure. :cool: