PDA

View Full Version : Worst basic fig???

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 12:37 PM
OK, we have done the favorite figure thread, now let's go the other way. Let's just concentrate on the basic figures, otherwise the BARC Trooper, AT-RT Trooper, Boga Obi-Wan, & Deluxe Obi-Wan would win this discussion.

potf2x
04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Padme gets my vote...ugh!!

anti-hero
04-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Of the ones I've gotten...I'd have to go with peg leg Obi Wan. The only good thing about him is you can give his lightsaber to Obi #1.

mm74md
04-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Tarful - He is very POTF2ish

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 03:24 PM
OK, I have several in collection that because of their action feature makes the overall figure bad. I am very pleased with most of the collection 2 figures, but I am very displeased with the likeliness of Bail Organa. I think it doesn't look anything like him. And I think HASBRO could have put something else in with the Vader Medical Droid instead of a useless stand.

Kidhuman
04-15-2005, 04:38 PM
As a MOC collector, I would say Bail or Mon Mothma, very plain figures. The others look decent in the poses.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 04:43 PM
As a MOC collector, I would say Bail or Mon Mothma, very plain figures. The others look decent in the poses.

Yeah, like I said, Bail's likeliness to Jimmy Smits is horrible. I never really though much about Mon Mothma though.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 04:54 PM
I think the clone pilot is a pretty lousy figure. You can't really do much with him except sit him in the cockpit of your ARC-170 or gunship and the cannon that comes with him is pretty much useless filler.

Ric Olie
04-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Mace "Gorilla-arms" Windu get's my vote.

X13VADER
04-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Im Sorry But Aayla Secura. I Like The Figure Alot And She Just Does Not Want To Stand. She Falls Over All The Time.almost As Bad As The #1 Crap Figure The Battle Droids. There Legs Are So Thin That They Cant Even Support Itself. I Want The Ep1 Battle Droid Back.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
I think the clone pilot is a pretty lousy figure. You can't really do much with him except sit him in the cockpit of your ARC-170 or gunship and the cannon that comes with him is pretty much useless filler.

I was hoping that the cannon attached to something similar to the previous Clone Pilot whose accessory attached to the Gunship.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Im Sorry But Aayla Secura. I Like The Figure Alot And She Just Does Not Want To Stand. She Falls Over All The Time.almost As Bad As The #1 Crap Figure The Battle Droids. There Legs Are So Thin That They Cant Even Support Itself. I Want The Ep1 Battle Droid Back.

There is nothing to keep her knees from bending forward. She is very hard to keep standing even with her stand due to her weak knees.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2005, 05:59 PM
My vote goes to Mace Windu with Knuckle-Draggin' Action, from what I have anyway.

hestep99
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Bail's heart belt buckle is just plain teRRible
Also how many dang Palpatines do we need, really?

I actually like lava vader thou.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 06:24 PM
I actually like lava vader thou.

Really? I thought it sucked. I am an opener and I didn't even open him because I feel he looked better in his package, because he looked bad without it.

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't think Bail is that bad, without his cloak he can clasp his hands, and he has an interesting weapon. The likeness issue is all about the deco I think, the sculpt is decent although the neck joint situation kinda hinders the look.

Of all the figures I have so far, Tarfful is my least-favorite by far, perhaps with R2 coming in a close second.

I would submit that the Super Battle Droid is the worst overall, so much room for improvement over the Saga versions yet instead they simply rehashed them both into 1 crap figure.

betterthanfett
04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
I haven't opened many, but on the card, Mon Mothma looks the worst IMO. For a MOC collector, likeness is the key to a good figure. I think almost every ROTS figure, especially the human ones, leave something to be desired. Their heads just look weird. Example: Look at the ROTS Padme. Now go compare her to your 2005 OTC Padme. I think most of the Saga/OTC figures are much better, especially the later, new sculpts.

darko666
04-15-2005, 08:39 PM
spinning attack yoda is horrible. just a waste of a toy. they made the cannon fire yoda, which is cool, but what was the point to make another yoda? and i'm not liking the whole "action move" figures. when i was younger, i liked for my toys to be adjustable(g.i. joe) and have no action moves. it just takes away the fun value of a toy. it leaves no imagination. they need to just make articulated figures. also Tarful is on my list of worst figures. i think enough members have expressed why he lacks any greatness as an action figure.

DarthQuack
04-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I guess since I haven't opened any of my figures, just by looking at them I would have to point my finger to Kit Fisto or Padme.

beckmen
04-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Mace Windu for me. His expression sucks, his arms are long, but the main horrible point of the fig is the way the arms have those indentations. Horrible, horrible-looking arms. He looks OK with Agen Kolar's cloak, but that means I spent 13 bucks on a Mace fig.

Runner-up is Grievous (Wave I) for the poor paint and crappy arms (they should have made one set detatch or fold in or something)

hestep99
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Runner-up is Grievous (Wave I) for the poor paint and crappy arms (they should have made one set detatch or fold in or something)

Yeah the arms needed a different setup all together.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't think Bail is that bad, without his cloak he can clasp his hands, and he has an interesting weapon. The likeness issue is all about the deco I think, the sculpt is decent although the neck joint situation kinda hinders the look.

Of all the figures I have so far, Tarfful is my least-favorite by far, perhaps with R2 coming in a close second.

I would submit that the Super Battle Droid is the worst overall, so much room for improvement over the Saga versions yet instead they simply rehashed them both into 1 crap figure.

If Bail's head sculpt would resemble Jimmy Smits more, it would be an awesome figure. Plus, he needs a soft cape.

General_Grievous
04-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Tie between Jedi Kick Obi-Wan and Spinning Yoda. Both suck. I'm just glad I got a dollar off both of these when I bought them at Target two weeks ago.

MaquisWarrior
04-15-2005, 11:59 PM
The Obi-Wan with the choclate hair. #2-although not a "basic fig" LAVA VADER. That #%*#$%*g LAVA VADER! I'm SO SICK OF HIM!

MaquisWarrior
04-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Leia's step dad :Victor Bobby Simone-Sifuentes (NYPD LA Blue Law) sucks even as a figure! I thought that Bail was going to be played by Rick Schroder in this film!

MaquisWarrior
04-16-2005, 12:09 AM
All clone troops suck this year!

Comic Book Guy:Shirhan Khan, best Latino in Sci-Fi, EVER! Ricardo Montalban can give me nightmares that don't star me! Jose Ferrer (monster movie actor) , Edward James Almost but not Quite (Adama;cop in Blade Runner), and Ceasar Romero (Joker) all are hack compared to him!

hestep99
04-16-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm also just sick of Ki-Adi Mundi. i just think the design of that jedi is horrible. He looks like an SNL conehead. Nothing against the figure, I just hate the character in general.

Clonetrooper1131
04-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Padme is one that I dislike. I don't understand why they couldn't put her in a different out fit instead of the nine months pregnant outfit. Bail isn't too bad, but what's up with the heart on his belt? The color of Kit Fisto is pretty bad too, it's alomst a see through green.

darko666
04-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Bail isn't too bad, but what's up with the heart on his belt?

it's is rockin belt buckle. he's a rocker through and through in the galaxy far, far away.

Fluke Skywalker
04-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Spin attack Yoda looks like something you'd get out of a gumball machine in a third world country.

Mace Windu is a Win-don't.

I think the Emperor Palpatine figure could have been a bit better. He looks like Ozzie Osbourne in a bathrobe to me. :dead:

A lot of people have mentioned Tarfful. I have mine on card and I don't think he looks too bad. His name on the other hand....

jedibear
04-16-2005, 09:33 AM
SBD---waste of time rehash with no attempted inprovement

R2D2--- dumb attachements...can't we just get an accurately proportioned basic figure?

Tarrful---shiny peach-globbed finish, poor articulation, can't hold oversized weapon. Sneak Pre wookiee better than this...

Devo
04-16-2005, 05:28 PM
palpatine fig.35 is very disappointing. Seems like something you'd get with a happy meal when you take it out of the box. The body is totally solid, the sculpt, detail and paint underwhelming and the stupid action feature has his feet sculpted together as a push-up trigger for an unimpressive (whether you're a kid or not) up/down motion on his arm. Once again action features fail to justify the wrecking of sculpt. I was hoping this would be a good figure for his duel with Windu, now it seems we have good versions of neither character for this scene. This is a really cheap-seeming figure. I recommend against it.

MaquisWarrior
04-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Today I bought General Grei...( I can't and don't want spell that :speech:head's name ) General Roach Boy's Gondola "pilot"..Wait it says here that this is his Bodyguard. After "assembling" (meaning putting his pugil stick correctly) it like the box said and squeezed hisa legsa el Italiano en mi reccorda Venezia, and Mama (sob;sniff), Cousin Vinchenzo. It looked like grandpapa rowing his gondola...OKAY so I'm not Italian but then again the Bodyguard needs the Joker's hat from Hasbro's defunct Batman; the scarf Ghostrider (the Brit pilot of the stealth fighter) used to wear and Kayak's (the Kayaker) paddle from GI JOKE; and Mario's mustache and maybe this figure would make more sense! Suddenly I feel like ....Pizza! HOPE I DON'T GET CENSORED!!

MaquisWarrior
04-17-2005, 07:23 PM
While I'm still in an Italian mood. How about the Guardia Suisse (the Vatican's bodyguards) fig...I MEAN..NEMODIAN WARRIOR. Is he(?) supposed to discover America after helping the Jedi and the Reformed Trade FEDS. His helmet screams out RANCHO RELAXO and the armour is totally 4-Lom (almost called him Zuckuss there).

RussUAE
04-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Also how many dang Palpatines do we need, really?

I want more Palpatines. Lots fo them.

I will also speak in PAdme's defence. I think the ROTS figure turned out pretty good, mine has a great likeness.

HighLordDave
04-19-2005, 09:07 AM
I built some new shelves for my Star Wars figures over the weekend, so last night I was breaking open the packages and getting the guys out for display.

Here are my bad figures:

Bail Organa - The sculpt is really, really bad. He looks like a TOS Klingon with the goatee.

Mace Windu - Because of the "force action" (or whatever the hell they call it), his arms are disproportionately long.

Super Battle Droid - The sculpt is good, but the articulation is bad. It could have been a very good figure, but they underachieved.

I remember paying $2.99 for Star Wars figures "back in the day" so on one level, I understand why action figures cost twice as much now, 25 years later. Plus, the level of detail has gotten better and there are more accessories.

Still, it seems to me that the cost could be brought down a little if they didn't include so much crap with the figures. Why does R2-D2 need all the extra attachments? Why does Yoda need a firing cannon? I love bases, but why do they have to be so big? And don't get me started on the "soft goods" . . .

And then there is all of the "action" features on some of the figures. Lightsaber attack, Jedi kick, shooting force lightning? What happend to just basic action figures?

It seems to me that by eliminating some of these (often hokey, universally superflous) features, the cost could be brought down a little more.

For the most part though, the new action figures are excellent for the 3" size.

beckmen
04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I agree. Soft goods are bad, some of the action features are often intrusive. I'd rather have a nicely sculpted, articulated figure. Dooku (if it wasn't for his cape...easily fixed with Saga Dooku) or SA Clone (I am assuming it will be good since the only downside to the current Clone is the lack of waist articulation and tricky arm posing do to the quick-draw) are good examples of good figs in this line...

hestep99
04-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I want more Palpatines. Lots fo them.

I will also speak in PAdme's defence. I think the ROTS figure turned out pretty good, mine has a great likeness.

Well we don't have but one Padme so I agree that we could use a couple more. But already we have 12, 14, and 35 blue & red versions of palpatine. That's too many in my opinion.

WesleySr
04-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I have to disagree about the soft goods. I think they are very excellent figures. Count Dooku, Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi Mundi, Saesee Tiin, Luminara Unduli, and the Royal Guards are all great figures.

aricajade
04-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Aayla Secura. If you try to move her out of that "perfect" position, she looks like shes clogging.

And Vader Case/pack in Anakin. He flails about like a marionette.

beckmen
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
He's the same as the first Anakin fig, isn't he? He only looks good when he's holding his saber with two hands IMO...

The latter version of Anakin is the only "good" one so far. The others are only OK.