PDA

View Full Version : Most difficult figure to find...

Lobito
08-20-2001, 08:13 PM
Which has been the most difficult figure to find for your collection?

Could be Luke w/ wampa, Han w/TaunTaun, Eopiee w/ Qui Gonn Jinn...

One that took me aloong time to find was the Complete Galaxy Luke Skywalker.

One that i havent found yet is the "Theed generator complex", i know thats not a figure, but i have never seen it in any store.

Which has been the most difficult for u guys?

Starfig873
08-20-2001, 08:17 PM
The most difficult? G'me an S! "S!" G'me a K! G'me a I! On second thought I'll just tell you... the Skiff w/ Luke.

That and Slave Leia a looong time before the glut. *sighs* and of course the Rebel Pilots 3-pack

darth chuck
08-20-2001, 11:02 PM
Eopie.

Neo Solo
08-20-2001, 11:15 PM
Believe it or not... LOBOT!

Then there was trying to find a 2nd Mara Jade about a year after her release.

Can't forget Holo-Leia Artoo either.

These 3 were by far the longest to come by.

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by darth chuck
Eopie. Ditto here!

GNT
08-21-2001, 04:53 AM
Eopie was easy to get here people were selling them for like AU$50 (US$20-26) which isn't that bad?!

Also the Skiff is a major Shelfwarmer here!

humsup
08-21-2001, 05:23 AM
It has to be EU Mara Jade. Its not say difficult to find but the price tag on that thing is a nightmare. Finally found a couple at an obscure toy shop going at 1/3 the price elsewhere and I grab both. Then traded one for the Death Star Trooper - another of the one I REAAAALLLY wanted. So, its like one stone kill 2 bird and I'm really happy :D

TeeEye7
08-21-2001, 06:14 AM
This is a difficult question.

My HTF list grows with each passing day. I couldn't narrow it down to just one figure, as I'm trying to find so many....:(

Starfig873
08-21-2001, 07:23 AM
So whats not shelfwarming there GNT? ;)

evenflow
08-21-2001, 08:28 AM
The hardest thing to get was the Eopie.

QLD
08-21-2001, 09:10 AM
Just ZUckuss......damn you Zuckuss......damn you to hell...

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2001, 10:38 AM
OK, it looks like I have to put on my forum Nazi hat and do JT's job. :p Since this is the POTJ forum I'm going to stick with that topic.

For me the hardest figures to find are the biker scout (clean) as well as Lando and R2-Q5. I don't personally know anyone who has either. The clean scout isn't as bad because I have the dirty version, but I'd love to get my hands on the Imp. droid to have the whole astromech collection.

JediCole
08-21-2001, 11:09 AM
I would have to say the Eopie (see my thread in Dear Hasbro, "The Eopie Campaign" and be sure to leave a post so we can send a message!) as it is the only thing I want that I don't yet have.
I have never seen (though I have them now) on store shelves or pegs Sio Bibble, Pit Droids 2-Pack, Flaumpaset w/Battle Wagon, R2-Q5, or Admiral Motti. I had to buy these on the after market or they were found by friends who have better luck than I have. Special thanks goes out to Bubba Fatt and Sith Worm in that regard.
Now we can all look forward to not finding the new Deluxe figures, Luke X-Wing Pilot, Shmi Skywalker, and so many more. What fun!

JEDIpartner
08-21-2001, 11:19 AM
I've been taking to ordering figures on-line if I think I may not be able to find the ones I am looking for!

I may have tracked down a good price for the Darth Sidious (Hologram) figure, which has eluded me up to this point!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:54am-

Success!!! I have the one figure that I REALLY wanted!! Yea!:D

Pellaeon
08-21-2001, 11:42 AM
I am happy to see that the majority of us here have resisted paying the $80 prices for the Eopie on E-bay. This may indeed be a figure that I will not be able to obtain, unless Hasbro pulls the old "send 'em to Factory to U/McFrugals/KayBee outlet" thing like they did with several overseas and exclusive figures. This is what I am hoping for.

Second to the Eopie for me was the Cantina Showdown 3-Pack from WalMart. It took me well over a year to get that one.

Lobito
08-21-2001, 11:42 AM
The Death Star trooper...yes, i remember it took me a loong time since i got that one.

Others that come to mind are:

The Dark Trooper, Space Trooper and the Imperial Sentinnel.
Ree-Yees and R2-D2 with Hologram Leia were difficult also.

I also remember the Han Solo in stormtrooper disguise.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2001, 12:17 PM
Mand Can has it right again! But we SSG posters are great at making lists so...

POTJ: Sith Apprentice Maul (found)
POTF2: R2 w/ Holo Leia (found)
E1: Sio Bibble (nope)
EU: Space Trooper (found)

P.S. I love this line: "Just ZUckuss......d@mn you Zuckuss......d@mn you to he\_\_..." :D :D :) :D

Lobito
08-21-2001, 12:56 PM
Sio Bibble?? Wow, i have seen that figure a loooot, hmmm...there is a store here in Mex City that sells anything that has to do with Star Wars, im more than sure that they have it, as they have tons of things listed in this thread. I remember another store in Breckenridge Colorado that had alomost everything, even the old kenner figures from the original line carded!!

Unfortunately those stores are pretty far from where u guys live, but if it helps u, now u know where those stores are.

AmanaMatt
08-21-2001, 02:24 PM
3 3/4" Han w/ Taun Taun... I saw it once and only at a collector show

PloKoon2385
08-21-2001, 02:24 PM
I would have to say:
Sio Bibble (dont got)
Mynock Hunt (got by accident)
Scout Trooper (got)
Mega Action Destroyer Droid (got)
12" Mace Windu (got)

Neo Solo
08-21-2001, 10:15 PM
How can I get my hands on Watto's Box?

PloKoon2385
08-22-2001, 12:38 AM
Action-figures.net they have it for $25.

jedibear
08-22-2001, 12:56 AM
Well, I lucked out with the eopie....had a friend who was cooresponding with someone in Japan that year who sent some over for us....and it cost me $30, but worth it to me...it's one of my favorite E1 pieces.

As for HTF....

I never found the commchip Leia or the Admiral Motti in the store....had a friend pick 'em up for me. Sio Bibble, Holo-Sid, and the Naboo Royal Guard were also tough finds.

I alsrefused to pay the insane prices for the R2/Holo Leia & Swimming Jar Jar..only to score them at a TRU clearance for $1.97 each. Sometimes da guds are smiling....

As for POTJ....
I've been pretty lucky so far (with constant hunting) and I've managed to keep current. But I usually only see a wave ONCE (especially the last few) and that's it...so I strike when I see 'em.

muskrat
08-22-2001, 01:14 AM
The hardest figure is the one I still haven't found, a damn Jedi Luke on a green holo card, I have searched high and low for this thing, all the ones I ever see on Ebay are always the theater edition, all I need is the normal one, but alas I have yet to find him......that and Piett was hard, but I got him....

hairless chewie
08-22-2001, 01:48 AM
Has to be the dreaded Eopie. Everything else that I've missed I have been able to pick up at a good price on line or thru the club but the Eopie is by far the worst!

JDMB16A
08-22-2001, 03:04 AM
Weequay FF and Collection3

B16A

JediMaster
08-22-2001, 04:17 AM
STILL AIN'T FOUND LIST:
Eopie; Admiral Motti; hood-up Leia; R2-B1; TC-14; Sith Attack Speeder with Maul.

HAD A ***** OF A TIME FINDING:
Mynock Hunt CS; Watto's Box CS; Jabba's Dancers CS (when it was new); Skiff Guards and Rebel Pilots CS (then there were a million at $7.99!).

Found the Han Taun-Taun 3-3/4" Beast set in cases when it was first out, so no probs there... same true of Luke Wampa set...

I've had no problems finding any of the figures since the POTJ line was introduced. Got real lucky with some of the Ep.I figs; finding Naboo Guard and holo-Sidious easily. Then found swimming Jar Jar, and the acension gun Amidala/Sio Bibble/Pit Droids 2-Pack/battle-damaged Destroyer Droid case, all at one time and in multiples, no less (god bless Wal-Marts lay-a-way!). Flaumpaset w/Battle Wagon, easily found for 5.99 @ Kay-Bee, when they clearanced them.

This is just a partial list, to be sure, as they ALL started out hard to find...

Starfig873
08-22-2001, 07:31 AM
Well I haven't found the Eopie yet either. Probably never will. But I think I shall add Darth Maul Sith Apprentice to my list. Cause before he came 6 to a case he was annoyingly rare!

QLD
08-22-2001, 08:10 AM
Bel Cam, you just don't know the insanity that is me trying to get Zuckuss! All along I have had a rule that I don't pay more than 15 for any figure, no matter what. It was worked well to this point, because I have everything but him. I had a chance to get one for 15 a long time ago, and didn't, I sure wish I had. I can't even get a good price on a loose one, since I open everything anyway, but I will eventually.

He will be mine!!!!!

Damn you Zuckuss, Damn you to He\_\_

PloKoon2385
08-22-2001, 03:25 PM
I guess I am lucky after all......I didn't even know that Piett and Zuckuss were hard to find. I got both from KB Toys, which I used to rarely go to, easily, not even looking for them. That was before I even was as crazy about the figs as I am now. I also saw that stupid Darth Vader Removable Helmet once. But I stupidly didn't buy it. I have this mentality that says: "If I see it, it can't be that rare." I thought I had bad luck.........guess not. I don't have that mentality anymore. I won a Watto's Box online, got Mynock Hunt for $8 at Toy Liquidators (a small toystore in North Bend WA, which is like a breakoff of KB, because everything there is KB.) I found SaeSee Tiin without knowing he was very rare, and I guess he is. I found Mega Action Destroyer Droid, behind a Dewback. I got TC-14 at TRU for 1.97, after almost giving up. After looking through all the pegs but one, which was right up front with like 3 figs on it, I said: "With my luck TC will be right here and I will have wasted all this time for this!" And alas, there she was! Arg! I have that kind of dumb luck all the time.:confused:

Lobito
08-22-2001, 07:02 PM
My guess on the newest most difficult figure to find would be Amanaman...

tessek
08-22-2001, 07:37 PM
Not necessarily. Cause I've already found pegs that have been reserved for the deluxe figures at my local Meijer.

Hardest items to find:
1. Tatooine Skiff w/ Luke
2.Tessek Wave
3.Watto's Box
4.Eopie
5.Ep.1 Jabba w/ two-headed announcer
6.Rebel Pilots 3-pack
7.Trade Federation Tank
8.Scout Trooper (neither dirty nor clean)
9.Sandtrooper Wave
10.Aurra Sing

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-23-2001, 12:07 AM
POTJ-- I can't complain so far when it comes to finding POTJ figures. Unfortuneatly for me, I started collecting these figs in late June of this year meaning I have missed out on the earlier waves. I still have yet to see a General Leia, Mas Amedda, or a Security Droid. Have seen plenty of Darth Vader Dagobahs, and Fode and Beeds. I also saw a Chewie Dejarik Champion and an R2 Escape that I passed up on but I can't find now :mad: . But aside from those, I have seen pretty much every figure including the hard to find Tessek wave (I bought 2 R2-Q5 in a buy-one-get-one-free sale, that's what got me hooked on POTJ:eek: , yet I passed up on Tessek, Lando and Jar Jar.)

Episode 1-- All the hard to find figures, have continued to elude me (with the exception of a battle damaged droideka and a jedi master Qui Gon.)

POTF2-- I only collect the Commtech chips and have only Greedo, Darth, Luke, Han, and a Jawa. :(

QLD
08-25-2001, 08:18 AM
How in God's name can anyone pass up on LANDO!!!!!????

YOU FREAKIN' PASSED ON LANDO!!!!!!!!!!

*whispers* Get a rope.

Lobito
09-19-2001, 06:16 PM
I can add Shmi and OB1 Jedi trianing to my list now...i havent seen them yet!!

Red 1
09-19-2001, 07:47 PM
The hardest figure for me to find has been
Garven Dreis's (Red leader)

Who will take a stand with me and get this legend
made?

"Cut the chatter Red Two"

ps. Yoda W/EP 1 Logo