PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan's Lightsaber w/ Force Vibration (mini-review)

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 07:33 PM
At Wal-Mart recently, I spotted one of these in the pet department on the loose and with batteries installed, so I messed with it for a moment.

The sculpt of the handle is all new, not just a redress of the POTF2 Luke saber, and this sculpt is pretty decent actually, although the emitter is too big and has that gray section sticking out the top to hold the blade in place; also, the handle feels a little too plasticky and hollow near the top. The light feature seemed adequate, I must confess that I forgot to check if it was an LED array like the ROTS Anakin color-change saber or not though. This saber's feature is that you can really "feel the Force" while using it, and by that they mean that when you whack the blade a vibration motor goes off for almost 2 seconds - the 2 crash sounds are a little different, they have some sort of sound after the crash, but the darn motor is a little too loud to really hear it, like a buzzing cellphone trapped inside the saber. Honestly, this featured turned me off to the saber, I was considering getting it since WM and Target have them for $15 and change, but the gimmick is noisy and doesn't make any sense and probably will suck those 3 AA batteries dry in a very short time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2005, 12:16 PM
I wonder how long it'll be before some parent organization realizes that it's a three-foot-long stick that vibrates . . . :eek:

I can't wait to get this and the Anakin saber, but I'll probably get the figures first.