PDA

View Full Version : 25th anni sets

jedi master sal
01-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Again I know that part of this should be in Just found but anyway....

I found han/chewie, luke/leia sets at Wal*Mart same as the one I found the 12in luke/yoda. I like both of the anni sets but han has a gash on his neck like someone tried to slash his jugular. I was very disappointed in that. Didn't hasbro see this in production. and the paint job on leia YUCK.

again I said I liked them, but I'm not falling over myself in love with them.

not looking forward to the vader/ben set now:(

value was okay at 14.99 ea and the stand and background pic were the redeeming qualities of these pieces.

your thoughts?

evenflow
01-08-2002, 01:35 PM
I agree that they did a weak job on these sets. They coul dhave been so much better.

Lman316
01-12-2002, 11:57 AM
They have them at my Wal*Mart too. And I remember seeing a picture a while back where the spheres on Chewie's bowcaster were backwards. Well, needless to say, Hasbro didn't fix that.
I don't know. They look okay, but I don't think I'll be buying them.

Jargo
01-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Spheres? you mean the orbs on the cross piece? Not sure what you're talkin' 'bout there buddy. ;)

Actually I don't have the sets yet but I'm really wanting the Han and Chewie one. It looks so cool! I probably won't bother with the Luke and Leia but vader and Ben is looking tempting too.

One thing, why wasn't the carded Han DS escape this good? The head sculpt was terrible compared to the anniversary pack version. But with that cracked neck problem so common I worryu about the quality of these figures.

Starfig873
01-12-2002, 03:26 PM
I think Hasbro did a supurb job on these sets! I really think Luke and Liea's only flaw is just that they are a boring set.

Han and Chewie are by far the best. Ben and Vader will be great to see.

That gash that Han had, really can't be Hasbro's fault entirely. There's always going to be few that gets away from them. That's why, and only if it's not the only available set/figure at the store, you inspect them for minor flaws like that. I know that sounds waaaaay anal, but I am. :p
And of course, that's if you aren't online shopping for them, then it's just the luck of the draw.

sith_killer_99
01-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Well, I posted my opinion under the reviwes section.

I still think Han looks too cartoonish.

I decided to buy these because they make good display pieces in the box. Despite the fact that the box is kinda flimsy.

As for the Vader/Ben? I am sooo looking forward to this piece. It looks to be the best of the bunch, and I plan on getting an extra one to open. :D

Jayspawn
01-12-2002, 11:58 PM
I think the 25th Anniversary sets look pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the Vader/Kenobi set myself.

PloKoon2385
01-13-2002, 01:47 PM
I missed my weekly Friday shopping spree and went out yesterday. I saw the empty shelves at Target where the Anniversary Sets once sat. Poodoo! I also saw that at Target the Deluxe sets are priced at 15.99!:eek: :mad: That sucks! Oh well, I already got mine...:D But I ended up buying my anniversary sets(all three) at Toymaniacs.com for 19.99 a piece. Not too bad.....

jawa9
01-13-2002, 09:41 PM
I found the Luke/Leia and Han/Chewie packs at wal-mart and got them. Funny thing is, I saw the Ben/Vader pack at Target a few days before and passed on them because to me the sculpts looked too similar to all the past sculpts of those figures.

I like the Chewie sculpt for the most part. I don't like Hans face sculpt. I don't think it looks enough like him.

Luke still looks buck toothed to me.

These bad points aside, I LOVE the packaging. I just wish the price was not so high.

Sean the Hutt
01-14-2002, 01:14 AM
Great poses if you fave a death star scene going on, Chewie is the best, but I have not found Ben and Vader yet. I bought them as I like all original Star wars stuff. the silver anniversary celebration crap kind of got to me!

JEDIpartner
01-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by jawa9
I don't like Hans face sculpt. I don't think it looks enough like him.

Funny that you would say that! Everyone who I have shown the sets to think that is the most accurate scuplt yet of Harry Ford's face! I don't think the Hair is all that great, but I've seen the pics where his hair DID look like that. The paint job on my Leia wasn't too bad, but then again- I looked through all of them to make sure I got a good one. Did anyone notice that Luke's hair is painted differently on nearly every set? Some have a little more yellow than tan and vice versa. The paint is also patterned differently on each one as well. Hmmmm...

Overall, I like the sets and can't wait to find the Ben/Vader one. :happy:
===========================
One thing I DO have to ask... why is it that Hasbro managed to paint Chewie's eyes blue in the POTJ line, but black on the Anniversary Set? Gaaahhhhhh....! :frus:

Dryanta
01-14-2002, 10:50 AM
If I weren't a "completist" I would not not have picked up the Luke and Liea set.I can't wait for the Ben/Vader set.Chewie is awesome.I would have spent a little more just for him.Han's neck was a problem with every one I've seen.I had go over them all before picking the best one to buy.

Dark Knight
01-15-2002, 10:57 AM
The packaging is the best part of the 25th anni sets. The figures look cool enough but the price is alittle much.

Overall it well worth purchasing.

:evil: :greedy: :evil:

jawa9
01-15-2002, 10:50 PM
Well JEDIpartnr, the more I look at Han's head sculpt the more it grows on me. I guess I just kinda glanced at it a few times before. My first impression was he looked sort of like an ape. But now I'm remembering all the bad Han Solo sculpts from before.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-15-2002, 11:49 PM
I think I am going to pass on these sets.

First of all $16 for 2 figs in weak packaging doesn't float my boat. I also have more than enough Luke and Leia figs. Plus, with Hasbro soon releasing Zutton/Eoth Kon (haven't found them yet:frus: ), the Snowspeeder, Tie Bomber and AT-ST soon plus some AOTC preview figures, I am not sure if I can keep up :eek:

But if I see them on clearance price, that is another story . . . :evil: :greedy: :evil:

stormie
01-16-2002, 12:32 PM
I picked up the Han/Chewie and Luke/Leia sets at Target Saturday. They look really good in the package, but I prefer to open everything, and was really disappointed that these figures absolutely can't be posed any other way than the way they came. Strangely, Han even has a holster that fits his blaster, but if I put the blaster in the holster, Han looks pretty darn ridiculous holding out his empty right hand at arms length. Maybe if I pretend he's pointing to something...nah...still looks funny. The Luke/Leia set is even worse--if the two figures are separated and posed, Leia's arm is contorted in a strange pose, and Luke looks just out of it. These are essentially just statues.

Funny thing I did notice at Target was that these sets were the same price as the deluxe figures--$15.99. A bit steep for either item, but my addiction sometimes makes me blind to prices!

InsaneJediGirl
01-16-2002, 01:05 PM
I picked up the Han/Chewie yesterday and I believe this one
is so much better than the Luke/Leia ones.After spending 15
minutes in an empty Wal-Mart toy isle,holding the boxes side
by side,I made the choice.Why?The Luke/Leia set looks extremely
werid!!:confused: Maybe I'm duelisonal though:)

I'll pick up the DarthVader/Ben one as soon as it comes out.Unless someone has a giant clearance on the Luke/Leia
packs,I wont buy them.

PloKoon2385
01-17-2002, 05:07 PM
Wow! Both good and bad wow. First of all, the Luke/Leia one just plain sucks. Sure the sculpt/likeness are fine, but the articulation and poses, BAD! Also, I think that Luke's grappling hook is a little big, could be wrong though. The Han/Chewie one is nice. Poses are a little awkward but not as unmanageable as Luke/Leia. You can sort of position Han a little better so atleast he is shooting forward instead of up, but Chewie is impossible. Oh well. Now for the Grand Finale, Vader/Ben.......WOW! That is a good wow. The sculpts:magnificent, the details:wonderful, the paint job:extraordinary. I love this one. Both of their capes are textured and Vader's...ehem....."crotch protector" is not attached to him, it is attached to his lower cape (skirt). There is just a lot of good things to say about this one. Han and Chewie are second though, I like them for some reason. Hmm... Well there ya go!

Rollo Tomassi
01-18-2002, 09:21 AM
If it was the 25th anniversary, don't you think Hasbro could have put just a LITTLE more effort into their articulation? If Chewie and Han could get up out of their permanent half crouch, these would be some fine figures indeed. As it is, they are just resculpted statues, little better than PVC figurines. I got Han/Chewie and Luke/Leia but they went into a box as soon as I got home. maybe I'll pull them out in 10 years and display them, but I've already got han and Chewie on my shelf. And posed the way I want them.