PDA

View Full Version : Complete Set of Loose Figures, 1978 to present

rassmguy
04-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi, all,

I have a question and was hoping someone might be able to offer advice. I'm considering selling my entire collection of 3 3/4" figures, both vintage and modern, which represents one of every single loose figure to date. If I do sell it, I will also include every beast/creature every made. All told, the figures number approximately 1,000 and are all-inclusive up to the ROTS preview wave. The only things I didn't get were the ROTS figs on April 2nd. For some reason, the fire has gone out and I'm seriously considering selling the entire thing in one shot. The set includes such rarities as:

Vintage Yak-Face
Walking Windup R2-D2
Vintage Droid Factory droids
Vintage Blue Snaggletooth
All 9 Vintage Preschool Ewoks plus Baga
Vintage Death Star trash compactor creature
Every Droids/Ewoks animated figure except Vlix
Vintage Yoda w/ brown and orange snakes
Toy Fair Vader
Jorg Sacul
Unproduced Holographic Nute Gunray
All six Asian-only TPM pit droids

My question is this... realistically, how much could I hope to get for this? Every figure is represented, and every one has its original weapons/accessories.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Rich Handley
handleyr@optonline.net

Joshkj
04-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Hi, all,

I have a question and was hoping someone might be able to offer advice. I'm considering selling my entire collection of 3 3/4" figures, both vintage and modern, which represents one of every single loose figure to date. If I do sell it, I will also include every beast/creature every made. All told, the figures number approximately 1,000 and are all-inclusive up to the ROTS preview wave. The only things I didn't get were the ROTS figs on April 2nd. For some reason, the fire has gone out and I'm seriously considering selling the entire thing in one shot. The set includes such rarities as:

Vintage Yak-Face
Walking Windup R2-D2
Vintage Droid Factory droids
Vintage Blue Snaggletooth
All 9 Vintage Preschool Ewoks plus Baga
Vintage Death Star trash compactor creature
Every Droids/Ewoks animated figure except Vlix
Vintage Yoda w/ brown and orange snakes
Toy Fair Vader
Jorg Sacul
Unproduced Holographic Nute Gunray
All six Asian-only TPM pit droids

My question is this... realistically, how much could I hope to get for this? Every figure is represented, and every one has its original weapons/accessories.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Rich Handley
handleyr@optonline.net

My best sugestion is wait untill ROTS dies down. Then post it on ebay with probably a $5-10000 bid and you will probably get it. The reson is, because every one is in a ROTS craze(including me) and wont pay atention to big finds like these. And there is always thoughs filthy rich people whho wait till its over and just buys it all.:nerv: Hope that helps!

darko666
04-17-2005, 01:27 AM
if you want to make a good profit from selling these, i suggest looking up the worth of each loose figure. i know it's tedious work, but at least you wont get screwed out of losing money. you took the time to collect the figures, at least get something out of it by selling them. if you do put them on ebay, you will def. get some person who will pay anything for them. thats your best bet. but like Halofanatic said, wait until ROTS dies down.

Kidhuman
04-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Ok, first this is the wrong section.

Secondly, you might want to break these into lots containg good figures and not so good ones together to force the bad ones out, like say Ephant Mon with Jango Pilot in the same lot and so on. Just an idea.

InsaneJediGirl
04-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Going to move this to Star Wars (Other),seems about the best place I can think to put this thread.

Back to the topic,I agree you should breakdown the collection and sell it off in small bits.You'll make more money then just selling it off in one large lump.

rassmguy
04-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Going to move this to Star Wars (Other),seems about the best place I can think to put this thread. Back to the topic,I agree you should breakdown the collection and sell it off in small bits.You'll make more money then just selling it off in one large lump.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions (which seem to agree that I should do this in small lots). My apologies for posting this in the wrong spot!