PDA

View Full Version : Force on Fox

Kidhuman
04-18-2005, 10:43 AM
I saw a commercial about this yesterday. All it said was coming soon Anyone have any idea what it is? Are they going to show all5 movies leading up to the Release?

Edit: I just found this (http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_movies.htm) on Fox's website. They are showing AOTC on 5/22.

darko666
04-18-2005, 02:42 PM
i know that fox plans on showing a commercial for the Episode III game durning nascar. so i guess i will miss it then.

Slicker
04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I've been reading all over that other countries are having SW marathons of sorts by showing all 5 movies on TV and I'm wondering why we never get that? The only SW movie they ever show on TV is ANH. I've only see ESB and ROTJ on TV once apiece.

JediTricks
04-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Fox owns the TV syndication rights to ANH but not the other films, and they leased those rights to Warner Bros who airs ANH:SE occasionally on their WB broadcast networks as well as TBS.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2005, 08:12 PM
After CIII on Sunday, they played ESB, so that surprised me. I didn't watch it since I saw it on the big screen a few days before. I doubt I'll watch them, but it's always fun when they show these films on TV.

Slicker
04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
I watched ESB on Sunday also. I hadn't slept the night before and was actually gonna try and fall asleep watching ESB and I was surfing before starting the movie and then booyah!! it was on. Needless to say I got to sleep 2 hours later than I wanted to.;)

General_Grievous
04-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I've seen all five of them on TV before:

TPM: Fox

AOTC: HBO (Soon to be Fox)

ANH: WB

ESB and ROTJ: TBS

Was TPM ever on HBO?

Fluke Skywalker
04-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Last Sunday two local FOX affilates (Well, on in my market and the Cincinnati afiliate that my Cable company also carries) played ANH and ESB back to back.

I read somewhere that Lucasfilm gave FOX the right to show them at the discretion of the local affiliates. I also think some station, a local WB affiliate or maybe TBS played ANH. I'm sure eventually they'll get around to ROTJ and maybe TPM too, but I guess AOTC is the only one in prime time and after ROTS comes out. I was hoping they would air an exclusive ROTS scene or something :(

moulman
05-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Kinda cool to see ROTJ on Fox last Sunday... But wouldnt it be smart to show AOTC b4 ROTS ocmes out?