PDA

View Full Version : Holographic Yoda Giveaway

SirSteve
04-18-2005, 11:26 AM
If you were not able to get a Holographic Yoda during the promotional campaign, SirStevesGuide.com is giving you a chance to own one!

To enter, all you have to do is be a registered Forums member and tell us what Star Wars means to you in this thread. We will randomly pick a winner from the the thread.

We have two of them to giveaway and will give one away each week starting from 4/18 through 5/2.

Be sure to visit your Toys"R"Us or ToysRUs.com (http://www.figures.com/databases/redirect1.cgi?dom=ss&sys=news&action=clicks&sponsor=toysrus_toysrusssgyodagiveaway_04_18_2005_ x&size=art&url=www.toysrusinc.com/starwars), your destination for Star Wars toys!

Click here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/misc/rules.html) for the rules and regulations.

Good Luck!

bighead5
04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
What does Star Wars mean to me? It brings back my childhood mostly and makes me forget about all the trials and tribulations of adulthood for a short time... it brings the excitement of awaiting the next installment of the saga and the great find of an elusive item I've been searching for... it brings a smile to my face with a giddy school girl's enthusiasm every time I see and hear the opening crawl of the movies... but, more than anything it gives me something to look forward to and enjoy with my kids as they get older and can appreciate Star Wars as much as I have.

Thanks George, for bringing us a wonderful story that we all love and can share together!

...and thanks Toys"R"Us and Sir Steve's Guide for the opportunity to get a Holographic Yoda figure! :classic:

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, this may sound kinda lame, but here it goes:

I, like many, grew up around the Original Trilogy. Between myself and my older brother, we had most of the toys. I wasn't old enough to see Episode IV in theaters during its original release, but saw it in the theaters when they showed it again a few years later. I did see the other 2 when they were first released. As we got older, our interests changed, and we sold all of our Star Wars toys in a yard sale. :eek: I began "collecting" Star Wars back in 1994. I started purchasing loose, complete figures from local hobby shops and other retailers that I found in magazines. In early 1996, I began collecting the new POTF2 line. I collected carded / boxed merchandise and had them displayed in a room in the basement of my home. I was a variation hunter and enjoyed hunting down all of the differnt variations that Hasbro released. Somehow, during all of this, I ended up with an extra Princess Leia (original release) and decided to open her. That was the start of me collecting another set to open. In 1999, when the Episode 1 merchandise was released, it became too expensive to continue collecting both an open and a closed set (+ variations), so I decided that I liked being able to make displays with my loose collection and focused on that. I continued collecting almost everything that Hasbro released (except for re-packs) and got to the point where I was running out of room to display. I remodeled the basement in 2000, after my son was born, and turned it into my bedroom. My Star Wars display was taken down and stored in containers. I still continued to collect, hoping that when my son got older, he would love it as much as I did. In late 2002, when Episode 2 came out on DVD, I began to introduce him to the world of Star Wars. He didn't immediately take too it (he was still a little young, he loved Bob The Builder). As he has gotten older, he has started liking older toys, such as Spider-Man, X-Men, He-Man. In the past year or so, he has enjoyed playing with my new Star Wars as I get them and open them. Every once in a while, we would get a container down to play with (I have the toys seperated into containers by movies), and he really enjoyed playing with them, because he knew that those were "daddy's special toys". Ever since the release of the Episode 3 merchandise, he has been so excited about Star Wars. I haven't even had the chance to put the toys into a container because he is always playing with them. He is so excited about wanting to see the movie. Since he doesn't a good concept of time yet, he keeps asking me every few days if it is time to see the movie. We have watched the prequels several times in the past months, so that I can help him understand what is going on, and so that he understands Episode 3 when we go see it. It makes me feel very proud and happy to see that my son is enjoying something that I enjoyed as a kid. I hope that Hasbro continues this line for a long time, because my son is just now really getting into it. I have enjoyed taking him with me toy hunting since the release of the E3 toys, and I hope that I am able to do this for several more years.

*sorry about the length*

xwing_5
04-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Star Wars has been an ultimate inspiration for me. With the characters involved in the films along with George Lucas and his vision. Star Wars/George Lucas has been an inspiration for myself in the fact that if you want to get somthing done, then just do it, if it fails, then make the changes for your next project and move on. This philosophy has influenced many of my life altering decisions and I have Lucas/Star Wars to thank for it. The characters in the films personify this attitude in a sense where if there is a problem, deal with in and then move on.

On a different note, as a child, my parents were not able to buy all of the Star Wars figyures that I wanted. As an adult, I am now re-living my childhood by getting the things that I was not able to have as a kid. And I am happy to bring this to a new generation that can have the fun that I did when I was young. I can now go into the store and buy the Playskool Star Wars action figures for my 2 1/2 year old nephew and play Star Wars with him. He is remembering the names of the characters and the different accessories that go with them such as Chewbacca's gun and Luke and the Luke and the Speederbike.
I know that Star Wars will live on forever, be it thru television series, cartoon,or short films, this is somthing that will continue to influence many many people for years to come.

jedi-cpa
04-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Simply put, it is a link back to my childhood and provides an escape here in my adulthood.

megaprime33
04-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Star Wars means more to me than any other movie that has been created. I remember going to see Return of the Jedi with my father and sister when I was young and just absolutely loving it. I have always dreamed about becoming a jedi and learning the ways of the force. When I was young, I never really had any hobbies. The only thing I wanted to do was to collect and play with my Star Wars toys. Even now, in my adulthood, I am still collecting Star Wars and displaying them with pride and honor. Everything from my original Millenium Falcon, to the new scaled replica lightsabers, they will always have a place in my home, and in my heart. I defend the movies and argue with people whenever they say anything bad about them. I take it personally. Star Wars will forever be a love and passion of mine. Even now when I look away to the future and the horrizon, I know Star Wars will always be there.

aricajade
04-18-2005, 01:56 PM
What Star Wars means to me...

When I was 7 yrs old, I recall seeing this commercial for a space movie about bad guys wearing white armor and good guys flying cool spaceships. I begged to go and had to go with my neighbor's uncle. My world was never the same after that.

For the next seven years, every birthday, every present, every cake, every spur-of-the-moment purchase, every X-mas present, every nickel I could scrape together...all went to Star Wars. I played with them. I played dress up. I played the Atari games when they came out. Everything in my life was Star Wars. From my bedding and curtains, to my toys and cassettes.

As I grew older, I put those things away and "outgrew" them for a while.

In 1995 I read Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy and fell in love all over again. I started with the new action figure line that came out then and collected everything from figures to micro machines to plush.

Then behold, word came that a new movie trilogy was in the works. I went to the midnight showing of Episode I and felt as if I was a child again, completely immersed in this universe that I was so fond of. I had read 20+ novels over the 4 years leading up to Ep I and was living it all over again.

In 2001 I had a son. As he has grown, and seen my collection, he has acquired a passion for Star Wars as well. Now, here I am, almost 30 yrs later and I am buying and playing with Star Wars figures again. I couldn't ask for a better way to spend my time, than playing with the same characters and figures that I loved as a kid, and getting to share this passion with my 4 yr old son. I still have all of my vintage figures, and every once in a while we'll get them out and compare his-to-mine to note the improvements.

The sweetest thing that I think I have ever heard, was one night at bedtime a few months ago, as I tucked him in, I told him "sweet dreams". He asked me what he should dream about. His biggest love at the time was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I told him to dream about whatever makes him happy. I told him to maybe dream about Ninja Turtles, or Mommy or his dog, etc. He smiled and told me ok. As I walked out of his room, he said, with that quiet 4-yr-old voice, "Dream about Star Wars, Daddy". Now, I'm a grown man of 34 yrs, but I'm not ashamed to tell you that it was all I could do to keep the tears from flowing. To have him know that it was something that made me happy, coupled with the sweetness of the gesture, it really was a special memory.

It would be hard to actually say what Star Wars means to me, but I hope that as he grows that my son is able to find the place in his heart for it as I have.

RAVAZ
04-18-2005, 01:59 PM
In the beginning, Star Wars was an adventure. The triumph of good over evil. It was the fun and adventure of space. Now that I am older and with the new Star Wars movies, it is the tragedy of the fall of good to evil and the redemption of a father to his son. Its a little more deeper than before.

skeeziks22
04-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Aside of the obvious childhood memories, the thrill of the hunt and the escape from day to day drudgeries Star Wars holds a place in my heart because of the deeper goings on in that Galaxy Far, Far away.

The philosophy behind everything that happens is fascinating. How George Lucas openly admits using facets of mythology and world religions, yet was able to creat a whole new mythos is amazing. The moral contradictions of the Jedi and Sith... who's right, who's wrong? The dark side has its darkest members and the light side has its brightest, but aside of those few individuals the middle is filled with varying shades of grey. And all through this the rest of the galaxy is full of those who can't grasp the idea of the "force", don't have the ability to manipulate it or could just care less about it all together... and they all continue living just the same.

Although Star Wars is otherworldly and completely fictitious the lessons learned (or not learned) can easily be applied to real life situations. Star Wars is not just an escape from real life for me, it also provides al fresh perspective ON real life.

2-1B
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
It means a chance at a free HoloYoda. Thanks Steve ! :crazed:

HighLordDave
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
What Star Wars Means to Me
by HighLordDave

When I was 4, my dad took me to one of the last drive-in movie theaters in north Florida to see a movie. We drove up, parked in front of the giant screen, ordered some popcorn and waited for the show to start. That movie turned out to be Star Wars: A New Hope.

I remember very little about that first screening, only that is one of the first clear memories I have of doing anything with my father. I saw the movie again when it was on TV, and later on VHS. When Empire came out, my little brother tagged along and a friend of mine took a bunch of us to see Jedi on his birthday.

Looking back, it seems so apropos to have been introduced to Star Wars by my father. After all, that's what the movie's about isn't it? Fathers and sons.

He bought me my first X-wing. When I broke one of the wings off playing a little to hard (I was 5, okay!?!), he bought me another and helped me put it together and get the stickers in the right places.

Some movies are a nice story. Some movies make you think. Some movies have nice special effects. Some movies are scary. Some movies make you laugh. Some movies make you cry.

And then there are a precious few movies that connect an audience, not just to the person sitting next to them, but to the societal consciousness that binds us all together. These movies permeate our culture, spawning imitators, parodies and entering out daily lexicon.

"I'll be back."

"I'm king of the world!"

"Go ahead, make my day."

Even though Star Wars has spawned scores of quoteable lines "Do or do not; there is no try", "I'd rather kiss a wookie", "May the force be with you", Star Wars isn't about a changed culture.

It's about me and Dad. Eating popcorn on the couch in front of the TV waiting for Star Wars to come on. Building a Snowspeeder model kit. Chasing him around the house; I was Luke Skywalker in my X-wing, he was Darth Vader in his TIE fighter.

When Episode I came out, I took my own son to the midnight show (much to the chagrin of his mother). We were sitting way in the back. The sound was terrible. The guy next to us wouldn't stop popping her bubble gum. The girl one row down came dressed as Queen Amidala, and her big hair was partially blocking my kid's view.

But none of that mattered. My son's eyes were wide as the screen credits rolled. I read them to him. We booed when Darth Maul came on screen and cheered when Obi-Wan won the most fantastic lightsaber duel my son had ever seen.

Later, I found myself being chased around the house, my son as Luke Skywalker in his X-wing, me as Darth Vader in his TIE fighter.

"The circle is now complete".

That's what Star Wars means to me. Fathers and sons.

Lazer Brain
04-18-2005, 04:16 PM
what star wars means to me...

I have liked star wars since my father took me too the theater back in 77' to stand in a long line for a movie that he thought I would like...My young eyes were blown wide open too the possibilities of living a dream in space,and a place where there were no bounderies. I was not able to salvage any of the toys from my youth, they are buried in a backyard in houston,waiting for han to rescue them. but now i collect constantly, going to flea markets and garage sale rescuing them again one by one, i am still looking for a few. so its somthing to pass the time and remember one of the first great visisions of my youth and pass it to my children.

later

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 04:21 PM
What was your address in Houston? <looking for a shovel>

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2005, 04:24 PM
It means a chance at a free HoloYoda. Thanks Steve ! :crazed:

Blast! You took the words right outta my mouth so I'll say...

Star Wars means excitement we don't get here on earth.

DARTH T-BONE
04-19-2005, 07:31 PM
I was 4th in line for Midnight Madness and didn't even get a Yoda. That was my TRU's fault not mine. Now I can't get one because the scalpers beat me to the punch every time. It's hard to work and collect. An opportunity like this is ideal for us "gotta have-its" and I appreciate the chance.
Thanks!

Jawa Fett
04-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Star Wars reminds me of a simpler time. One without the complexities of life like crummy jobs, bills, and adult responsibilities. It reminds me of toys and the fun I had playing with them. It is the classic struggle of good versus evil, with the bad guy ultimately finding redemption at the 11th hour. It is about exciting characters and the personalities they bring to a unbelievable story. For me it is about being 8 years old again..... Oh yeah and I want this Yoda because some greedy jerks bought 10 figures a piece in front of me at Toys R Us and I couldn't buy even one! See what I mean about a simpler time? When I was 8, this would have never happened to me. I would have sent 5 proofs of purchase to Kenner and they would have sent me the Yoda figure for free.

darko666
04-19-2005, 07:44 PM
lets just say that Star Wars was my driving force to pursue my future career in life(which is in the works as i type this). i wasn't old enough to see the OT when it was originaly released in theaters in 77. but i did watch it religously on video(the ANH video is ridiculously yellow) and bought all the merchandise ranging from toys to lunch boxes, coustumes, the easily breakable lightsabers(had fun with those), and so on...

but that doesn't make me any diff. from any other Star Wars fan. it just goes with the love for this fantasy that GL created.
but as i was saying, the movies, old and new have made me what i am today and everytime i watch them, it makes me work harder towards being a future 3D Animator. ever since i saw ILM do what they did for movies(especially Star Wars), i was hooked and working for Lucasfilm is all i talk about as being my future career. and these prequels, showing what those animators can do, is a crowning achievement to what was only models in front of a blue screen.

but i'm not writing this to win a Yoda*, i just see this thread as an oppurtunity to express my thoughts and feeling towards Star Wars.

*(do not count this post, i really don't need a Holo Yoda. i already own one. just wanted to share my thoughts.) \m/

jkwik
04-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Star Wars is my place of relaxation. Over the years, I have collected a room full of toys (my kids and wife think I am nuts!) but this is my vice in life. Any time I am stressed, I just go to my room and "Feel the Force"!

MagusPSU
04-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Star Wars is my mythology. It shaped the way I see the world and the people who live in it and it made that world a better place for me. It gave me a place to dream and to play even into my adult years.

M

slu_hockey
04-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I was nine years old when the first one came out in May of 1977. I had a rough winter and my health was in bad shape. There was once talk of open heart surgery to correct the leaky valve and that was dramatic at that time. I was told by doctors not to do any form of physical activity that will get the ticker going. I had to sit and watch my summer go by ---this had me so depressed and bummed (It just sucked). But then, WOW, this movie came out and I was all set to become a Star Wars nut. I can remember waiting in the car line for over 3 hours just to see it in the 'drive-in'....mind you --the drive-in...no THX. This movie gave me a new meaning for the summer --Action figure hunts. Instead of jumping and running in the playground. I walked thru the Toy section of the department stores. For a 9 year boy, this was heaven. To this day, I still collect Star Wars and I now have an entire room (From floor to roof) of boxes with the toys from these movies. The hobby never left me.. I will never forget what keep me sane during the summer of 77. PS - The heart problem was corrected by several medications over the next two years. But what a summer that was... Of all my toys from back then, my mother could never throw these ones out ---Thank the maker.

DarthTengren
04-19-2005, 11:12 PM
In 2000 my wife and I were expecting our first child, I had an extensive carded star wars collection along with several vehicles, posters, etc. Times were tough for us and I had to make the hard decision to sell most of my collection to make room for/afford our new arrival. It was tough but worth it. Today my 4 year old son and I make star wars movies together where he gets to kill off Jar-Jar. (sniff sniff) He loves Star Wars and I know it's not becuase of me. Seriously, he is as big a fan as I am. His favorite character is Darth Vader and he can quote almost as good as I can. My love of Star Wars goes back to seeing EMPIRE at at drive-in, my son's goes back to seeing it all on TV, but we will get the chance to see Episode III togteher, on the big screen, he and I, and I think it will be a special moment. Sorry I got all sappy...I guess what Star Wars does for me is what I see it doing for my son...taking us away to galaxy far far away, where we can be anyone we want...MTFBWY

darthzirock
04-19-2005, 11:13 PM
To me, Star Wars is an unprecedented cinematic achievement. It has touched and inspired countless numbers of fans for almost three decades, and I'm happy and proud to number myself amongst them. I saw Episode IV when it first opened on May 25, 1977, after having read the Alan Dean Foster-ghosted movie novelization in December 1976. And, it has continued to not just entertain me, but inspire me to become a freelance writer of both film criticism and fantasy fiction. When they finally pry my action figures from my cold, stiff fingers, hopefully many, many years from now, they'll also find a smile on my face from the many memories of this delightful saga.

Kidhuman
04-20-2005, 12:47 AM
My birth certificate might say I was born in 1973, but I was really born in a miovie theatre in 1977. I saw Star Wars and was in awe. I loved every minute of it.While I would have loved to see it more times in theatres, 4 years old was too young to go by yourself. I can still remember each and every place I saw a Star Wars movie. ANH: Metropolitan Ave(4), Queens NY, ESB: Rockaway Turnpike(7), Queens NY, ROTJ: Midway Movie Theatre(10), Queens NY. SE(all three) Crossbay Movie Theatre Queens NY(23), TPM: Crossbay MOvie Theatre, Queens NY(25), AOTC: NRV Mall Movie Theatre, CBurg Va(28). When my dad bought a Beta-Max, I watched Star Wars a heck of alot. Must have wore the tape out literally.

Even as a kid, me and my friends collected figures. I remember the first four my brother and I got as kids, Luke X-Wing, Ben, Greedo and Hammerhead. I remember playing with them for days, months and even years on end. Playing in our rooms using anything and everything we could find for ships, beasts, and fortresses. While i may not have had each and every toy as a kid, I had my share of Star Wars toys. Even to this day I still have my vintage figures and toys(most of them).

In 1995 when I saw the figures re-released, I was in shock. I couldnt believe my eyes. I fought with myself to buy them or not. I finally did and dont regret this ten year run one bit. I have a pretty large collection, not the largest but it suits me fine. I am happy with what I have.

STar Wras has been in my life since i was a kid. It will be in my life until the day I die. STar Wars, one might say is my life, but thats their opinion. To me, it holds memories of a childhood of dreams and fantasy, where ones imagination runs free and not a care in the world. I dreamed of being Luke, Han and Obi-Wan as a kid, because its what kids do, dream. ANd thanks to Star Wras we can dream as adults too.

bobafrett
04-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Wow, A long time ago, in a town I live pretty close to now, I remember hearing of this movie called Star Wars. I still can remember seeing it for the first time, seeing the Star Destroyer hunting down this fleeing ship, the talking robots, and then came the Stormtroopers.......Man my jaw just dropped. I remember believeing that every part of Star Wars was filmed as a real live movie, with actual dogfights between the X-Wings and the TIE fighters. I wanted to find out where I could sign up to be an X-Wing pilot. And this was back in 77 when I watched Godzilla, and knew it was just a person stomping on models of a city, but Star Wars, boy did it ever seem real to me.

As I grew older, and learned that Star Wars was just a movie, well not "just a movie" but a piece of film history I wanted to be one of the team that got to work on different aspects of the movie, from building the models, to being a background actor. My love for Star Wars never died, even through the thin years, when all it seemed was we were just going to see the trilogy, and I grew to accept that.

Then in 1995 as I walked through a TRU, I came around this end of an isle and here were all these micro machine sets, the first three Star Wars sets, I screamed like a little girl. Star Wars was back, and in 1997 it came back to the big screen. Oh, I was a child again. My collection began to grow, and I was able to get toys that I couldn't afford as a kid (well the 1995 and on collections).

Then in 1991, I went to a Wizard world convention to see about getting a few autographs. I had never been to a convention before, outside a Dr. Who con. but that is another story. As I walked through the convention center, I saw three men in Stormtrooper armor, my knees went weak, I was to frightened to go meet them, I nearly wet myself. I was 36 years old then, but I felt all of 12 again. Leter on that year, I was able to put together a set of armor for myself, and now I go and see the love of Star Wars in the young and old alike. I wouldn't trade this collecting, Star Wars loving, new friend making lifestyle for anything.

To me, Star Wars means "Family", and I'm glad to be part of a huge global one!

If I should win, I would like my Yoda given to Kidhuman, just because.

vader121
04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Star Wars is a part of my life. A part of my childhood and a part of my every day life. Star Wars allowed me to explore my imagination and be shown a story that has true meaning and purpose. They each amazed me when I first saw the movies. Each one having it's own individual excitement. I get true enjoyment every time i watch the movies and every time I pick up a new addition to my ever-growing collection. I am a true Star Wars fan. Being given a chance to get a Holo Yoda is great as I was unable to get one when they were available as prior committments unfortunately had to take precedence.

Thank you very much for this chance. lol

Quite-Gone Jim
04-20-2005, 10:10 AM
What does Star Wars mean to me? Seeing Star Wars is the oldest clear memory I have of my childhood. I was pretty young (4) when my mom took me to see it. Star Wars was the first non-cartoon movie I saw, and she was worried I wouldn't make it through a full movie. As she tells it, I sat on the edge of my seat and didn't move until the end credits rolled. I loved playing with the toys and expanding on the characters I loved. As an adult, I still love the epic adventure and the modern myth aspects of the film. The toys are just great because they remind me of my childhood.

slee
04-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Star Wars for me is a tale for all ages. I have grown up with the original movies as a child and still enjoy the new ones as an adult. I cannot wait to see ROTS! I have a 3 month old boy who I hope will enjoy the Star Wars universe as much as I do! :D

-Steve

Bossk77
04-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Star Wars is very special to me becuase it holds my memories of my childhood. I have ADD and in the past was medicated with some really nasty drugs that blocked my childhood memories and screwed up my short term memory pretty hard core.

When i was a kid i played with my star wars toys like there was no tommorrow and took them with me everywhere in my pockets or what have you. I had a huge collection of figures...Years later durring the time i was medicated, my childhood was as good as lost to me, but when i picked up a figure i would be able to remember the memories that i had tied to it as a child. So i guess you could say Star Wars is kind of a part of me. I am much better now though :crazed:

ysalamiri
04-20-2005, 10:45 PM
mmm, I remember my grandma getting me in to see the flick while the theater was having a closed showing for my cousin's elementary school. I was ten. I was entranced. Couldn't afford many figures. I had a Darth Vader with the saber that slid into his arm, and the 12" Luke and that was it. I've gotten more now, but I still have those two.

Star Wars definitely fanned my fascination with models and spaceships and robots, which has become my adult career goal--to be building those models we all marvel at on TV and the movies. I remember telling my college advisor in engineering school that I wanted to pursue robotics, while visions of a certain trash can shaped droid flicked by in my head.
I am pleased to say that I do now professionally build models, just not any for film or TV yet, but some that have been or are being publicly displayed.

And when those familiar bars of music play, I still get that special thrill...

dds2001
04-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Star Wars to me take me to my Past, Present and Future.
I was lucky enough to have parent work overtime when we had no money to buy my brother and I everything Star Wars. I will always remember that.
Now at this latest midnight madness, my 5 year was excited enough to get himself up so he could be the first to own some of the new toys. I know he will never forget that night. He even got up early the following day to get a Lava Vader.
In the Future I know he will share memories of that day and how we play together with his kids and past on the greatest story and toys of all time.
Thanks for your time.
Hope it is not to sappy.

storymtb
04-21-2005, 10:23 AM
I grew up knowing the Star Wars Triology and that really has always been a part of me, somehow that first Boba Fett figure in '79 really set me on a roll. Now I watch the movies and continue to collect Fett figures and still harken back to the days of my youth.

CaptainSolo1138
04-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Star Wars, to me, is about good movies and meeting people/making friends who share your interest. To me it's more of a community than it is movies.

jimmymiro12
04-21-2005, 04:01 PM
What does Star Wars mean to me?
Star Wars is the universe of dreams. It was brought into my life at a young age and is still a great passtime.

I just want to say good luck and I hope the biggest str wars fan wins.

Wugmanmax
04-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Star Wars was a way of life for me, until Episode 1 came out. I fell away, like many did.
Now that I have 2 young boys, that lo and behold, LOVE Star Wars(even the prequels) I have to say that the beginning of the saga has really grown on me. So for me, Star Wars is a way of bringing fathers and sons together in their love for a galaxy far, far away... :)

Namrevlis
04-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Star Wars is an escape, to a place I wish that I could be involved with. Not just the two trilogies, but the whole expanded universe both before and after. The complete battle between what is expected to be good against what is assumed to be evil! Which is the good and what is the evil? Only you yourself can answer that question. Just watch all of the Star Wars movies and read the books, the comics, and handle the collectibles, action figures, replicas and costumes and be taken to a place that is so enormous, that it consumes even our own universal history. I have and it is the world to me! I will never have enough Star Wars. It will live on in my life as long as I am in a place, along time ago in a galaxy far far away! The Force is with me! May The Force be with YOU!

roguematt7
04-22-2005, 03:38 PM
To me, Star Wars means I'll never be able to afford a fancy car, nice house, or dress in fancy clothes.

unduliskywalker
04-22-2005, 11:02 PM
What Star Wars means to me......
It means so much. Seeing how happy it makes my son when he watches the movies, or even the new Clone Wars cartoons. The smile on his face when after looking through many figures, he finallly finds Darth Vader. Personally, I grew up with Star Wars and always wanted to be Princess Leia. I admired her strength, beauty,and determination. I really think that helped me to be the strong woman that I am today, having that type of role model as a child. The movies are wonderful and depict everyday life. It's all about choices, making good ones and ones that you might regret, such as the one that ultimately Anakin made. At least in the end he was able to make peace with his own spirit. I think that is what we all in the end. To be at peace. May the force be with all of you:kiss:

Fluke Skywalker
04-24-2005, 06:59 AM
It means duels to the death in my back yard with my friend, wielding Kenner's 'The Force' lightsabers that probably wouldn't pass any govrenment's child saftey standards.

It means freezing my Han Solo (and other figures) in plastic cups in my refridgerator.

It means dressing up like Boba Fett three straight years for Halloween.

It means writing and organizing your own Super 8 version of Star Wars (Even though you never get around to making it)

It means daring raids down the 'Death Star trench' AKA the space between our couch and the wall.

It means Princess Leia in a metal bikini, which was an important moment in a certain 9 year old boy's life.

It means, in short, my childhood. :)

GregHLax
04-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Star Wars to me is the positive side of the world. It gives you hope and strength to get through the bad times. It helps you understand things are not all good or all bad, simply whatever you make of them with the good availabe to you. The force, maybe it's a religion, maybe not, but it's something good to believe in that doesn't contradict or conflict with the basic social environment. Star Wars and it's music are the reason I am here today.

Greg Lax

watto333
04-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Star Wars is life. Without it I don't think I could breath. I watched A New Hope when I was under five years old and have been hooked ever since. I love all of the differences within the movies and within the fans. There will never be anything else that will be such a part of my life. Thanks for giving me a chance to get a yoda!

watto333
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Star Wars is life. Without it I don't think I could breath. I watched A New Hope when I was under five years old and have been hooked ever since. I love all of the differences within the movies and within the fans. There will never be anything else that will be such a part of my life. Thanks for giving me a chance to get a yoda!

ShadowProjectX
04-25-2005, 07:37 PM
To me Star Wars is a chance to enjoy a very well developed world full of unlimited stories that I know I'll never finish reading... plus it provides me with a chance to buy action figures.

SirSteve
04-26-2005, 12:56 PM
And the winner is........

HighLordDave

Thanks to everyone that took the time to write in the thread. We will start another giveaway later today!

Congrats!