PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Is Helping Out W/rots ??

jwmc1971
04-18-2005, 10:52 AM
i mean , helping you with your obsession ?? i have gotten my mom into it and she travels the midwest alot and picks up all kids of stuff..( just got a huge package in the mail 10 mins ago ) . she's been great , calling me from a store on the road and asking " do you have this ??... they have this !! you want it ??" . my dads even got into it ...hehe .. he hasnt even seen starwars 77' .haha , anyways my wife is doin' it too , and she hates spending money !!lol the best thing is its going to my boy when he turns 21 ..so my mom is really gearin' up since this is the last hurrah for at least 2 or 3 years ( until the movies are released in 3d or whatever lucas does next !!):speech:

Dark Marble
04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
My wife helps out all the time. She sometimes gets more excited over a find then I do! Actually all the gunships I own are thanks to her. Plus my ROTS Red Royal Guards! She is usually in tune with what is missing out of my collection and calls me from a store to ask if I need anything. Thanks honey! ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-18-2005, 11:46 AM
My mom looks for me everytime she goes to a store, and gets something if she knows I don't have it. Also, Dark Marble (see above) also really helps me out a lot since we go to the same stores, so we can give heads up to each other (though he helps me more than he helps me!).

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 11:58 AM
My girlfriend found me 33-40 (except 38). She went to WM one night to pick up a new swingset for our kids.

One of my best friends works @ WM and he lets me know when they get anything new in. Also, his twin brother works @ TRU and he keeps me posted as well. Now, if I could just find someone that works at Target... :D

jwmc1971
04-18-2005, 11:58 AM
yeah , i wont EVER turn down free stuff !! thats my fav ... i guess thats more of what im talking bout ..how much you DIDNT have to pay for ..but your storys on how you guys help each other with the " where ats " is cool , i wish florida guys in my area( tampa ) where as nice .:beard: my mom allots her self like 100$ a month on my hobbie...its for her grandson , right?? hehe :crazed:

jwmc1971
04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
crap , i just read your sig , wes ...why are you selling your stuff man ?????:cry:

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I was collecting 2 sets (open & close), now I am just concentrating on my open set and I want to get rid of my closed.

megaprime33
04-18-2005, 12:36 PM
My fiancee will go with me and help me dig through the pegs and bins of figures looking for specific ones and I have a friend who goes regularly to TRU, and target and walmart looking for batman and jlu figures so he keeps an eye out for stuff for me. And he's good hunting down rare figures too, so that works out great for me!

Joshkj
04-19-2005, 06:17 PM
My friend helps me hunt, my dad drives me everywhere(including my mom), My dad bus the scrach cards (btw we have one about 200 bucks with them) and my bros collect too.

Kidhuman
04-19-2005, 11:51 PM
I would say people on the board help me the most. Just look at my sig line... :beard:

bobafrett
04-20-2005, 12:00 AM
I've recieved some cool items in either trade, or for retail cost, plus shipping by several people here at SSG. One was so kind to send me a Lava Vader and has been acknowledged for doing so. Other than that, some of my younger friends who have grown tired of collecting have given me older toys, played with, but in good condition. My Dad wants nothing to do almost with my collecting, other than he sent me a ceramic R2 mug that my brother gave him as a gift. My mom buys stuff on clearance, or at least she did until her medical bills kinda wiped out her extra spending money. I also have a friend who has given me a lot of neat rare stuff that most people wouldn't collect, like card samples, and old film from printing jobs. Good people the whole lot of them!

Fluke Skywalker
04-20-2005, 05:42 AM
My friends, who aren't collectors, keep a lookout for me, which is great. Mostly though, I fly.... Solo.

Strategist
04-21-2005, 02:14 PM
My mom she helped me get #34 Clone Pilot and #23 Red Guard at WM :D . And also held the TRU bag at MM so I didn't have to hold on to stuff.

jwmc1971
04-21-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah , thats true parental love... i only saw one little girl at our MM and her dad was buying her stuff..and i'm sure it was for him !! i dont think i could get my mom outside at midnight ..hehe!:ermm:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Sometimes I think my wife views my SW collecting with disdain, but she keeps an eye out for new stuff whenever she's out shopping. When she finds new stuff I don't have she gets a rush from it. I guess it's vicarious collecting for her. :)

Lazer Brain
04-22-2005, 10:01 AM
my wife helps out, she works the night shift,so when she shops is when they restock,so i'll get a call or just tell her what to look for and she'll get. on the weekends me and a friend help each other with our seperate collections ( scott dog collects 8 tracks,i thought i was a looser) when we go to flea markets.
later