PDA

View Full Version : Even more TRU exclusives

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-18-2005, 12:15 PM
From the front page of good ol' SSG, here's some more TRU exclusives for this year:

Classic X-Wing with Wedge - October

Jedi Starfighter with Anakin - May 15
Jedi Starifighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi - August/September
Carrying Case with 2 Bonus Figures - September
5 Piece Figure Value Pack - October
Holographic Anakin Skywalker (Promo similar to Holographic Yoda) - November

M&M's Plush Buddies (4 waves, 16 total) - July through September

Another X-wing? I suppose, as long as the Wedge doesn't suck. If they have to rehash a figure, they should use the one from the Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene. Hopefully they'll include a droid this time . . . but I'm not betting on it.

We already know about the Anakin Starfighter.

I bet Obi-Wan's Fighter will be the one he takes to Utapau, with R4-G9 as the co-pilot. I like the design of this one better anyway.

If they absolutely have to release another carry case, they should have it be C-3PO since WM already had Vader. If there's nothing new about the figures, I'll pass. The smart thing to do would be to include two clones, with their rifles. Hello Hasbro, are you listening . . .?

I wonder, is the five-pack similar to those four-packs they had for a while, or could it be the battle packs? Or are those exclusive to Target?

I hope the Anakin turns out to be a ghost, but if not, we can still use the holo as one (just with less paint than Obi-Wan). I seriously doubt that they'll use any color on him. A holo Ani would be fine too, though.

Think I'll pass on the M&M's buddies, unless one of them really catches my eye.

I like how TRU is trying to have people go there more for their business, because they'll get mine for at least some of these exclusives.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 12:23 PM
When is someone @ HASBRO gonna realize this: The only way to get those cases to really sell is to put an exclusive figure with them. I still have 2 Millennium Falcon cases that are just sitting collecting dust, because of the exclusive Wedge & Scanning Crew Trooper that came with them.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Also, I doubt that the Obi-Wan Starfighter will be anything new. It will probably be the one that was just released with the #56 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Red Leader pilot) as a pack-in.

jwmc1971
04-18-2005, 12:32 PM
holo ani !?!?!? more waiting and ebay losers !!! oh well ...did anyone buy the sams club double saber/2 figure gimick ?? waste of 30$ ...imo...i think out of all the stuff i have ..cheap sabers are the worst ...like i said ..imo..:speech: also , this stuffs coming out to close to xmas for my taste's AND the release of XBOX 360 !! hmmmm...must rob bank.

Sith Lord 0498
04-18-2005, 01:09 PM
I'll probably pass on all except the Holographic Anakin Skywalker and M&M plush buddies. I know my wife will definitely want the M&Ms, and (if it has decent articulation) I'd love to have a holographic Anakin to kneel in front of my Episode 1 holographic Darth Sidious.

darko666
04-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Holographic Anakin Skywalker (Promo similar to Holographic Yoda) - November

this is the only one i plan on getting. but i will have to wait and see what the 5 figure pack is, i might get that.

aricajade
04-18-2005, 01:28 PM
holo ani !?!?!? more waiting and ebay losers !!!

It's people like you that keep new people from joining these boards. What does ebay have to do with anything here? I would blame TRU for only getting in 36 Yodas each. What are you 12? If you are going to curse, at least spell it right.

aricajade
04-18-2005, 01:31 PM
If they absolutely have to release another carry case, they should have it be C-3PO since WM already had Vader.

NO, NO, NO, no, no, no. No more 3PO cases, please. Let's get something fresh. Maybe a clone trooper head, or a wookie head. Something that is completely new. And yes, they definitely need exclusive figure(s) with it.

megaprime33
04-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm curious to see what that 5 pack is suppose to be. Other than that and possibilty of a good holo fig for anakin, Im not all that impressed.

darko666
04-18-2005, 01:45 PM
NO, NO, NO, no, no, no. No more 3PO cases, please. Let's get something fresh. Maybe a clone trooper head, or a wookie head. Something that is completely new. And yes, they definitely need exclusive figure(s) with it.

they need to make a greivous case, or at least a clone trooper case.

Ji'dai
04-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Classic X-Wing with Wedge

When they say "classic" I'm hoping that doesn't mean the smaller, original version. I can't image Hasbro making nice new Wedge sculpt when they can just repack something old. I'll pass.

Carrying Case

Are they actually going to issue a new one? Maybe one in the shape of Clone Trooper helmet? Will it have a label sheet with ROTS figure names on them? Meh.. I don't use cases so I guess it really doesn't matter to me.

Five Figure Pack

Sounds interesting but only if it's army builders. Probably get four repacks and one "new" fig. I've passed on every one of the multi-packs so far.

Holo Anakin

Probably the POTF2 Sebastian Shaw salt-shaker with Hayden head. Might get this one.

M&M Plush Buddies

Might be tempted but I've passed on all the plush.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Please DO NOT start another Scalper bashing fight in here. I would hate to see this thread get closed.

As for the carrying cases, maybe R2-D2. He could be the same size at the bottom as the other cases and therefore wouldn't lose much storage room when they shaped the head. Therefore, it could carry alot more figures. How about a fold-out playset/carrying case similar to the R2-D2 one released with E1.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 03:57 PM
did anyone buy the sams club double saber/2 figure gimick ?? waste of 30$

I dont think that it is a waste. Those sabers themselves retail for $40. Plus 2 free action figures (#1 Obi-Wan, #2 Anakin). I am a loose collector and if I had not have already opened those 2 figures, I would have jumped on that set when I saw it today.

Dark Marble
04-18-2005, 04:11 PM
The Anakin and Obi star fighters sound good. The Holo Anakin sounds good. I hope the Wedge X-wing is something I can pass on. I have already customed (word used loosely) X-wings Red 1 thru Red 5 and I have both of the POTF2 Wedge figures. Not ever really interested in figure cases, or buddy figures, and we shall see about the five figure pack.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Like I said in another thread:

Like it or not, scalpers are here to stay, so quit fighting about it and get your butt out to the stores and find what you need first. :D

If you can't do it, then find a friend, either in your area or online, that can get the stuff for you.

beckmen
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Classic X-Wing with Wedge:
Yeah, I bet this is the same X-Wing that's been released ever since '78. They should just re-tool it, give is a removable droid and stuff and it would be cool.

Carrying Case:
They should make it some kind of display stand/carrying case dealy. Like the vintage carrying case that has pegs and stuff on it so you can display figs on it. That would be cool.

Five Figure Pack:
Get rid of them peg-warmers, TRU! I predict a simple card dealy that fits 5 figures at a somewhat discounted price.

Jedi Starfighters with Anakin/Obi figs:
Well, we already have pics of the Anakin fighter, and it's actually kind of cool because it's a differant color scheme. The Anakin fig LOOKS like he might be new, or piecemealed from other versions of the character. These could be cool sets, though. Hopefully they'll attach price tags no more than 25 bucks. But that would be too fair for TRU to do...

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I thought the TRU Anakin Starfighter was the same as the already released one? Does anyone have a link to the pic so that I can look at it? Maybe I might have to pick this one up too.

Sith Lord 0498
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I thought the TRU Anakin Starfighter was the same as the already released one? Does anyone have a link to the pic so that I can look at it? Maybe I might have to pick this one up too.

The only difference is that it has a green paint scheme instead of yellow. Without giving away too much, I'll say that Anakin's starfighter is yellow during the opening sequence, but he has a green-colored starfighter toward the end.

jwmc1971
04-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Sorry to step on a scalpers toes....hehe,sore spot huh ?? Tired of getting beat up on to many forums ??? I like that wonder boy bit ...think i'll keep it , if you dont mind. Wes..i just dont care too much for the plastic sabers..repo's are awesome , though..I've just had my fill with 'em , they take alot of space up in my limited room . Quality wise , the deal is good . Thats why i used the typical cop-out IMO on that post you were refering to . As far as disrupting your thread , sincere apologys ...I did NOT start this , as in a PERSONAL attack , simply a blanket statement . Check all my posts so far and i am not a confrontational guy . iIf " so-and -so" had a disagreement ..i would have kept it private ...like it SHOULD have been in the 1st place...Any more discussion on the matter should be closed as its a waste of space . As i said before , sorry for gummin' up your thread . Out.:speech::speech::speech:

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Can you hook me up with a pic or link? I can't seem to find it.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Sorry to step on a scalpers toes....hehe,sore spot huh ?? Tired of getting beat up on to many forums ??? I like that wonder boy bit ...think i'll keep it , if you dont mind. Wes..i just dont care too much for the plastic sabers..repo's are awesome , though..I've just had my fill with 'em , they take alot of space up in my limited room . Quality wise , the deal is good . Thats why i used the typical cop-out IMO on that post you were refering to . As far as disrupting your thread , sincere apologys ...I did NOT start this , as in a PERSONAL attack , simply a blanket statement . Check all my posts so far and i am not a confrontational guy . iIf " so-and -so" had a disagreement ..i would have kept it private ...like it SHOULD have been in the 1st place...Any more discussion on the matter should be closed as its a waste of space . As i said before , sorry for gummin' up your thread . Out.:speech::speech::speech:

I'm not mad or anything, I just was hoping that by making that post that it would stop before this thread got closed. I didn't start this thread, but I still don't want to see it closed. You all fighting back and forth doesn't bother me, I just don't want to see this thread closed as a result of it.

jwmc1971
04-18-2005, 07:44 PM
true.........

DarkArtist
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I definately pick up Holo Anakin. I hope the x-Wing with wedge will be decent. saw the vader cases at walmart, good way to get a SA clone at least but not worth the $20.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 09:03 PM
true.........

true? or TRU??? :D

Fluke Skywalker
04-19-2005, 03:15 AM
"Classic" X-Wing - The "Classic" part scares me. I sure hope they re-release the Saga version and not the old Kenner one, but I'm not counting on it. As for the Wedge figure, I'd be tickled pink if they just sculpted a new head for the Dutch Vander figure and packed it in. Again, not counting on it.

I'm 50/50 right now on the Anai/Obi Starfighters with packed in figures. These Starfighters are starting to pile up.

The Holo Anakin will depend on how many hoops you have to jump through to get him.

Kidhuman
04-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Alright, enough bickering or this thread will be closed. Thank you.

Also, please do not post twice in a row. I will combine any posts like that. If need be copy and paste or right click and open in a new window so you can quote properly.

abell748
04-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I like the TRU exclusives..........because most of them are useless and I can save my money!!!! I will get the Holo-Anni (I hope everyone caught Foxtrot in Sunday's funny pages) and the 5 pack if it is one of the Battle Pack things. I do not need 500 Jedi Starfighters or possibly another Vader or 3PO case. I sense that the X-Wing will suck too, so I can already cross that one off. These exclusives are making me glad I stopped being a completist.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-19-2005, 11:49 AM
I bet the X-wing will be the same one TRU's been pimping out for the last three years - first as Luke's Dagobah fighter, then as Red Leader's. It's a fine ship, but really, how many more X-wings do we need? I don't think anyone would complain if they were re-releasing the B-wing or the TIE Interceptor.

There's another thread about Anakin's green TRU starfighter. There's pictures in there. Really though, it's the same ship, but where it was yellow it's green and where it was gray it's white. Plus it comes with an Anakin figure, but I don't know which one.

Devo
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
What differentiates wedges X-wing from the others? I've been considering buying the Red leader X-wing to have another large X-wing for future hangar bay dioramas but its gotten more expensive on ebay and the pack-in figure is the worst piece of crap ever forced on us so if a cheaper option arises I'd rather wait. And obviously I'd only buy it if it were a repaint of the Power F/X, Saga versions.

beckmen
04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Well, here's the Ani Starfighter...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/trustarfighterexclusive.jpg

El Chuxter
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
How many bloody X-Wings are they going to release? Yeesh. I actually picked up the Dagobah one (as well as Target's green A-Wing), but after that the repainted vehicles got completely ridiculous. I have neither the money nor the space for duplicate vehicles, especially with worthless figures.

Although Hasbro could give us the Cinema Scene Wedge, my money's on that head being slapped on the POTJ Luke's body. . . or, worse, them using the Carrying Case Wedge again. :eek: No chance of it being a new figure.

WesleySr
04-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the pic. Does anyone know if the Anakin figure is new or a re-pack? Also, kidhuman, sorry about double posting.

darko666
04-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know if the Anakin figure is new or a re-pack?

i've been searching the net for any info i can find on this exclusive and all i came up with is that it is either going to be an Anakin from *might be a spolier for some people* Episode 3(quite possibly when he is knealing before Palpatine), or it is the ROTJ: Special Edition Anakin where he was added in at the end. either way, it will be a very similar figure, but i'm guessing it will be a new figure mold. those are the only Anakins i can think of being made into a holo. but time will tell.

darthzirock
04-19-2005, 11:15 PM
i've been searching the net for any info i can find on this exclusive and all i came up with is that it is either going to be an Anakin from *might be a spolier for some people* ******************* or it is the ROTJ: Special Edition Anakin where he was added in at the end. either way, it will be a very similar figure, but i'm guessing it will be a new figure mold. those are the only Anakins i can think of being made into a holo. but time will tell.
Actually, he was referring to the Anakin pack-in figure that's coming with the TRU Jedi Starfighter. Which, from the looks of the picture (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/trustarfighterexclusive.jpg), is the Anakin III #2 figure, with a headset accessory from the Clone Wars line Anakin figure.

WesleySr
04-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Actually, he was referring to the Anakin pack-in figure that's coming with the TRU Jedi Starfighter. Which, from the looks of the picture (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/trustarfighterexclusive.jpg), is the Anakin III #2 figure, with a headset accessory from the Clone Wars line Anakin figure.

Thanks for the info. That was what I was referring to.

beckmen
04-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Ah, OK looking more closely it DOES indeed look like a #2 figure, I can tell by the arm. Maybe it will have some differance, though...

I don't have a good X-Wing right now, just a POTF2 one that I dissasembled when I was 13ish or something, so the prospect of a new X-Wing doesn't irk me. I'm actually up for all kinds of new OT stuff, since all I have in good condition are the Falcon, A-Wing, Snowspeeder, and a few other ones that escape me...

darko666
04-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Actually, he was referring to the Anakin pack-in figure that's coming with the TRU Jedi Starfighter.

oh, alright. i thought he meant the holo figure.