PDA

View Full Version : Have you bought your tickets to Ep III yet?

JediTricks
04-18-2005, 07:45 PM
On Friday, the 15th, several theater chains began selling tickets for Episode III, over a month in advance of the film's May 19th release date. Tickets were being offered both at theater box offices and online, with some theaters offering separate showings in DLP digital projection, making fans scramble to figure out which theaters will be going that route.

So, have you bought your Ep III tickets yet?

megaprime33
04-18-2005, 08:00 PM
I got mine! 2 tickets for the 7pm showing in my area so I can go right after work and it's not too late so I'm not up all night seeing it and then driving home to go to sleep to get up early for work the next day! I cant wait to see it!

James Boba Fettfield
04-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Yep, bought my midnight ticket on the 14th.

LusiferSam
04-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Nope, not yet. I'll buy my ticket the day I go (small town and all). I still need to find out which theater it will be at, the new by the mall or the old one down town.

hestep99
04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I got mine! 2 tickets for the 7pm showing in my area so I can go right after work and it's not too late so I'm not up all night seeing it and then driving home to go to sleep to get up early for work the next day! I cant wait to see it!

I hear you on the working the next morning but I find it's better to watch with the die hard fans. The next day will more likely have a rowdy crowd that won't shut up during the movie and/or kicking the back of your seat. I'll pay for it Thursday morning but it'll be worth it.

Jayspawn
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Got mine tonight!

*I got the midnight tickets because if I didnt go, I'd be lying awake realizing that other people are finding out EVERYTHING -and that I wasnt.

Lord Malakite
04-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Yep, got my midnight tickets. Bought 10 of them. :D

bobafrett
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
No, I didn't even know they went on sale yet. I guess I will be making a stop at one of the online ticket sellers tonight. Want to go to the midnight show, same reason Jayspawn does, I want to see it the earliest I can, no waiting around until the following afternoon, well maybe to see it a second time.

Ji'dai
04-18-2005, 10:06 PM
No, I haven't bought tickets since I'm not going to midnight show. I'm going mid-morning on May 19 so I expect the theatre to be practically empty as it was with AOTC. Shouldn't have a problem getting tickets... small town, work/school day for many.

darko666
04-18-2005, 10:16 PM
picking mine up tomorrow. i will get tickets for the midnight show and about 5 to 6 other tickets to see it all day on the 19th. since i'm leaving on the 23rd to flordia, i want to get my full, so i have something to talk about durning the trip. can't wait for this movie.

tagmac
04-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Got mine for 12:01 am and 7:45 pm on the 19th! Can't wait!!!

Hellboy
04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
I'll be traveling to NYC that week and have my tickets for me and 2 others for the 12:01 am showing on the 19th as well as tickets to see it Thursday and Friday afternoons by myself and again Satuday night with friends. All my tickets are for the DLP showings of the film.

stillakid
04-19-2005, 12:19 AM
I may be seeing this a day earlier. It's nice having connections. :D

shinji
04-19-2005, 01:28 AM
I got mine for 12pm. I work 2nd shift so I wouldn't make it in time for the midnight showing, but that's ok the serve alcohol at the theater I'm going to. I'm gonna have a nice cold one while I enjoy watching the final chapter.
:D Of course I going to end up going with different groups of friends over the weekend so let's see how often I end up going. hehehe

2-1B
04-19-2005, 01:46 AM
No, not until April 30th. When I can buy tix, I plan on going at midnight and then twice in the evening on May 19th. Then back to work Friday so I won't see it that day but on Saturday and Sunday I'll likely see it twice each day. Probably 7 viewings opening weekend.

Slicker
04-19-2005, 06:01 AM
I've already got my midnight ticket yet am not sure if I'll even be able to go. If not then I'll definitely see it on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I plan on at least 4 or 5 viewings in the first weekend.

Mezz
04-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Got to the box office yesterday and purchased 4 tickets for Midnight, 4 tickets for Noon and 8 tickets for 7 PM. It's my ritual to see a new SW three times on opening day. :crazed:

JediBoulton
04-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Bought 4 tickets for the 12:01 DLP Showing. Going again on Thursday Night at 8pm. Cant Wait!!

I figured Friday Night will be PACKED!!! :crazed:

Kidhuman
04-19-2005, 09:22 AM
No/Not yet because I havent, but plan toget them. Need to set up a time so the kiddies can go to.

CaptainSolo1138
04-19-2005, 10:54 AM
No/Not yet. In the past, Rocketboy has always picked them up since he works in such close proximity to the theater they're shown at. Hopefully that trend continues (wink, wink).

kool-aid killer
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
I dont have my tickets yet. My older brother wants to go to the midnight showing, but i have a younger brother who needs to go to school the following day so midnight wont work. Im thinking that the older brother and i will see it at midnight, and then go back around 7pm with the youngest so that he may see it too.

Ric Olie
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
I called my local theater and they won't start selling tickets until a week before the release date so I'll be getting my tickets then.

darko666
04-19-2005, 04:09 PM
picked mine up today for the midnight showing. to bad it isn't a digital theater. i saw episdoe II at midnight on one of those theaters and it was picture perfect. none of those horrible film spots and faint sounds that movies get from time to time.

Darth Spectre
04-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes, have mine for the midnight. Have connections at our local theatre, so I might hold off on seeing it again until maybe Sunday night when I should be able to get in free again. If I can wait that long... LOL

bobafrett
04-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I purchased mine online, three days after they went on sale. I got tickets to the 11:51 p.m. show on May 18th. I'll be seeing it before those attending the midnight show.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-10-2005, 08:59 PM
No, I am being quite tardy in this regard.

I have a good excuse, I work 12 hours a day at times and when I come home I have other responsibilities that I need to worry more about. Just seeing who would want to come with me is the hang-up, and what time they can make it because I could easily purchase tickets now.

I waited almost two weeks after Episode I's release before I saw it.

With AOTC, I got lucky and caught a midnight screening on the second day.

It'll probably be at least until Saturday by the time I sneak in to see ROTS.

2-1B
05-11-2005, 01:25 AM
I've had tix for opening day at an UltraScreen theater since a few weekends ago but today my local joint started selling tix so I was able to score midnight tickets.

So now I'm all set for the 19th: 12am, 12:15pm, and 6:30pm.

Can't wait. :)

darthvyn
05-11-2005, 08:23 AM
got mine for midnight wed/thurs. got thursday day off, maybe i'll try to catch a matinee of it too!

OC47150
05-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Bought mine for the midnight show when I was going out of town for C3.

Taking the 19th off. Planning to go to a matinee in the afternoon.

Can't wait!!

bobafrett
05-17-2005, 08:33 PM
It's going to be a long night for me, closing in on the 24 hour mark until I see what I have waited three years to see. It's funny, cuase I bought my ticket online through "movietickets.com", and never had a problem with getting my ticket at the Box Office. When I went to get my ticket about a week ago, no ticket could be found. I had to go to the management team, and they spent an 1/2 hour but eventually got me my ticket.