PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Jacksons best movie/toy likeness

Bossk77
04-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I was just checking out that article on Sammy J and got to thinking about what the best film he has acted in, and what the best figure likeness of him was. My vote goes to Shaft, but for a figure i am undecided still at this point...... Your thoughts........:)

JediTricks
04-18-2005, 08:19 PM
The Shaft figure had a good likeness, but the wrong coloring and was basically just a statue. I suppose I'd probably choose that one as well though for the sculpt, but I still think after 6 years that he was way too hard on the 4" TPM preview figure of Mace, I think it looks a lot like him.

Ji'dai
04-18-2005, 09:22 PM
He was a favorite character in Jurassic Park but he didn't get a figure out of that one.

The mail-away Mace has a pretty good likeness. I think the screamin' angry Mace is decent too. Give him a 'fro and a 9mm and I could easily imagine him screaming at Brett in Pulp Fiction, "Say 'what' again! SAY.... 'WHAT'.... AGAIN! I dare you! I double dare you ********cker! Say 'what' one more goddamn time!"

The animated CW Mace is a caricature, but I like that one even though it's not exactly meant to be a perfect likeness.

CaptainSolo1138
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I really liked the Shaft figure (until he took a spill from the top shelf and was decapitated :cry: ), but as JT said it was just a statue. I think it's still my fav, though!