PDA

View Full Version : OTC Stormtrooper

Blackened88
04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Is there any difference between the OTC #16 Stormie and the OTC Vintage?

mm74md
04-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Is there any difference between the OTC #16 Stormie and the OTC Vintage?

Yep. The VOTC Stormtrooper has more articulation

Blackened88
04-19-2005, 05:39 PM
How many pionts more? Also are the Stormtrooper Army builders come from the vintage or the basic?

bigbarada
04-19-2005, 08:24 PM
The OTC Stormtrooper is just a repackaged Commtech Stormtrooper with 10 points of articulation (head, waist, ball-shoulders, elbow-twist, legs, knees).

The Vintage-style OTC Stormtrooper is a completely new sculpt with 14 points of articulation (ball-socket joints: head, waist, elbows, shoulders, knees, ankles; wrist twist, legs).

If you wanted to build an army cheaply, then you probably want the OTC version. But I ended up spending $100 for 10 of the vintage-style ones when they came out, they look much better IMO.

Blackened88
04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks that helps alot

JON9000
04-20-2005, 08:58 AM
If you hold out, I am certain you will see the VOTC Stormie at a $5.99 price point in regular packaging. The VOTC line was as much about the packaging and raking in cash as it was about the quality of the figure. After all, we currently have VOTC chewie in ROTS packaging currently at $5.99!

Heck, we even got $15 #400 Boba Fett as a pack-in later on for significantly less overall.

Kidhuman
04-20-2005, 09:05 AM
The VOTC stormie is real nice. It was a tad on the expensive side toarmy build. I did get 4 of them, would have loved more. They are selling a 14 point clone trooper for 5-6 dollars (#41 in ROTS) so no reason to think that they cant package this bad boy up. Like JON said, Chewie is now packaged for the same price also. Here is to hoping.

Blackened88
04-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Does the blaster actually go in the holster? Also did anyone here get the Vader, hows his elbow joint?

Kidhuman
04-20-2005, 09:18 AM
WHich Vader, there were 4 of em if you onclude the VOTC one. The OTC three were re-issues of DSC Vader, Vader Throne Room and I cant remember the other one.

You might want to go back and search the review section for past threads on the figures as well.

Blackened88
04-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Sorry, I was talking about the VOTC.

JON9000
04-20-2005, 10:11 AM
There are those out there who will disagree, but I was extremely disappointed in VOTC Vader. He could have had the full nine as far as articulation, just like many others in the VOTC line. Unfortunately, Vader and Lando have articulation, while better than previous versions of the figure, are not that great.

Therefore, if I were going to get one Vader to open, it would be removable helmet Vader from the POTF2 Green Card line. :)

BTW, if you use the search this forum tool, you can find people's thoughts on just about any figure ever released.

bigbarada
04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
If you hold out, I am certain you will see the VOTC Stormie at a $5.99 price point in regular packaging. The VOTC line was as much about the packaging and raking in cash as it was about the quality of the figure. After all, we currently have VOTC chewie in ROTS packaging currently at $5.99!

Actually the ROTS Chewie is an entirely new sculpt and not just a repackaged VOTC Chewie. He has the slicked back Ep3 haircut, not the scruffy ROTJ look, and an action feature. I thought the same thing initially, until I saw the EP3 version on the store shelves.

JON9000
04-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Actually the ROTS Chewie is an entirely new sculpt and not just a repackaged VOTC Chewie. He has the slicked back Ep3 haircut, not the scruffy ROTJ look, and an action feature. I thought the same thing initially, until I saw the EP3 version on the store shelves.
Does he have all the articulation of VOTC Chewie?

Blackened88
04-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know a website that sells SW accessories, like blasters and lightsabers for action figures that are missing parts?

JON9000
04-20-2005, 07:16 PM
depending on whether you want modern or vintage, you should use the search forums button, b/c I know it has been brought up. If you need to know exactly what weapon goes with which figure, there is a handy weapons archive at rebelscum.

Blackened88
04-20-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm taking about modern figures weapons. I couldn't find anything in the search.

JON9000
04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23456

this was discussed. There isn't much out there. You might try posting what you need in that thread as well as what you might be willing to let go of. Me, I'm always willing to trade, but I only need vintage stuff.

JediTricks
04-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Does he have all the articulation of VOTC Chewie? Absolutely NOT. The torso alone is not articulated on the ROTS Chewie, the VOTC version has multiple torso points. Also, the ROTS fig doesn't appear to have articulated ankles the way the VOTC one does.

BTW, the earlier question about the VOTC Stormtrooper's holster, it doesn't go "in", the holster isn't a real pocket, it's a facade that you can hide the blaster "behind" by putting it through a hole in the holster where the opening would be. It's not the greatest look though, but it's better than nothing I suppose.