PDA

View Full Version : What version of Obi/Anakin should go in their starfighters?

aricajade
04-19-2005, 09:32 PM
I bought Obi's and Anakin's starfighters tonight so that my son and I could have some space battles....but I can't find a version that goes well as the pilot figure.

What version of Obi-Wan does everyone recommend?

Same thing for Anakin?

Blackened88
04-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I would say get #56 Obi Wan Red Leader Pilot when it comes out, not sure for Anakin.

Flyin_Solo
04-19-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd say deluxe anakin/vader, he fits in mine fine

I put my AOTC Pilot obiwan in my obiwan fighter..hey its the same guy :-P Or the slashy one he is cool.

plasticfetish
04-20-2005, 12:10 AM
What version of Obi-Wan does everyone recommend? Same thing for Anakin?Well, I'm not sure that I can really recommend any of them, but for Anakin it's possible to fit figure #2 in there if you bend the legs very carefully. For Obi-Wan... yeah, I'd wait to see what figure #56 looks like. In the mean time figure #2 is sort of fun, and I'm pretty sure he'll fit as well.

(I'm gonna put pics of both #1 and #2 in their ships, in the Database later.)

beckmen
04-20-2005, 01:11 AM
The Deluxe Anakin fits the best IMO if you take off his tunic...

MaquisWarrior
04-20-2005, 04:25 AM
AJ..ooh,boy...I believe that your son, you, and I and all reading this would be better off if an exclusive, different Obi and Ani that will fit without taking away anything. BUT THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!
It drives me nuts that the jedi don't need helmets to fly a fighter. Instead they wear a headband with a commlink attached to it? What if they would have to eject? The Jedi would break their neck in either version of the Jedi Starfighter (ATOC or ROTS).
If the Jedi are "NOT AN ARMY" like Qui-Gon told Amidala in TPM, why do they have Starfighters before they went to war . I would say that each Jedi can fly whatever they wanted, and maybe trick it out with defence mechanisms.

anti-hero
04-20-2005, 09:46 AM
I took my kicking Obi, broke his legs off at the hips, cut the back half of his "skirt" off, and reattached the legs by supergluing them on the remaining part of the skirt. It doesn't look great but at least he'll sit all the way down with his legs in front of him. It'll have to do until the Red Leader one comes out.

For Anakin I bought an extra #2 and because I didn't want the skirt to get permanently out of shape. I had to cut the back half off to get him to sit all the way down.

Both work ok for display, but they move around alot in the cockpits.