PDA

View Full Version : One More Month!!!

vadersvette
04-19-2005, 09:48 PM
This is it! One more month until Revenge of the Sith! The countdown begins...Well I should say the countdown is almost ending. I've been counting down since May 1999 before I saw TPM!

30 DAYS!!!!!

'vette

General_Grievous
04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
That's funny. I was thinking earlier about posting this. Time is flying. To me, it seems like Episode II only came out yesterday, but Episode I seems like ages ago.

I just can't believe that it'll all be over in four weeks...:(

James Boba Fettfield
04-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, these three years did happen quickly.

I still remember TPM clearly. What was the discussion in that high school study hall again . . . oh yes. "The new Star Wars sucks." And I had one of these on: :cry:

2-1B
04-19-2005, 11:03 PM
:cry: because it sucked or :cry: because the others thought it sucked ?

I'm glad the prequels didn't come out while I was in high school. TPM came out during my 3rd year of college which meant I could squander tons of time during the day following the spoiler sites and of course waiting all day to get tix. Were I in high school, I would have had a rigid schedule and not been able to indulge myself as I did.

James Boba Fettfield
04-20-2005, 12:17 AM
What others thought, Caesar. I still remember my friend Andy with the paper that had the big page review of the film that was not too favorable. We were looking at stock prices after he made sure to discuss the review with me.

My memories of high school all seem to involve movie releases now that I think about.

bobafrett
04-20-2005, 12:38 AM
"Seems like yesterday, but it was three years ago, There was Padme, she was the Queen of my nights....."

I'm nervous with anticipation. I hope this movie rocks, and I can stand up and cheer, as the tears of happiness fill my eyes as the credits role. It's going to be hard to sleep during that last week.

Pendo
04-20-2005, 02:10 AM
It's always the last few weeks that go the slowest! I can't believe the release is nearly upon us. What do we do on 20th May? Everything will feel so strange!

PENDO!

Slicker
04-20-2005, 05:55 AM
It'll seem like the day after Christmas. You're all depressed, except with this we can't look forward to it happening again. It'll be fun and I'll sure as hell get my viewing enjoyment out it in the theaters.

James Boba Fettfield
04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I know what I will be doing May 20th. Counting down until November.

Kidhuman
04-20-2005, 10:22 AM
You can look foward to seeing it again and again and again

Ji'dai
04-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm getting ready for the big show, can't wait:

May 16 - muddle through The Phantom Menace for the first time in four years.
May 17 - launch an Attack of the Clones for the first time in three years.
May 18 - fight the good fight in Clone Wars seasons 1-3.
May 19 - go see if Revenge of the Sith is a dish best served cold (old Klingon proverb)
May 20-22 - revisit the Original Trilogy for the first time in four years. I've been holding off watching the DVD box set since I got it for christmas.

El Chuxter
04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
One month?!? :eek: Then this ticket I got for June 19 isn't for the premiere???

I did a marathon viewing of the five films right after the OT DVD's came out, and probably won't do that again until around November, when I throw all the Clone Wars and ROTS into the mix, and by which time I hope to have a sweet TV setup. (That will be a long day, but well worth the 15 hours or so. Maybe it'll have to be an entire weekend.)

bobafrett
04-20-2005, 02:29 PM
I wish I had enough time on my hands to watch the DVD's. I still have to buy my ticket yet, in the past, I would have already had my ticket in hand by now.

Slicker
04-20-2005, 02:31 PM
All this talk about marathoning the SW movies is giving me the thought that I may just watch all 5 of them this weekend in anticipation of ROTS. Not like I have a busy schedule to jostle around or anything.

2-1B
04-20-2005, 11:29 PM
A few weeks ago I watched AOTC one night, the TPM the next night, and then AOTC again the next night. Then I watched the OT all in a row that Sunday.

Good times. :D

2-1B
04-20-2005, 11:35 PM
May 19 - go see if Revenge of the Sith is a dish best served cold (old Klingon proverb)

Gonna mix in a viewing of Kill Bill Volume 1, too ? lol

Ji'dai
04-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Caeser, if this next film isn't very good, me and my Japanese steel are gonna have some Marin County vermin to kill ;)

kool-aid killer
04-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Im ready, anxious to see it would probably best describe me. Im going to be very happy sitting in the movie theather on May 19. Regardless of its quality, im going to enjoy what i see unfold onscreen. Only after the first showing will i look at it with a critical eye. Im thinking im going to watch all five other movies the weekend before ROTS premieres. So much time anticipating this, and now that hard to define feeling is slipping away day by day as it creeps up on us...

CaptainSolo1138
04-22-2005, 07:46 AM
I'm so freaking ready for this movie to come out. 27 days........

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 12:27 PM
And yet, there's always more stuff to look forward to. In a week and a half, both the ROTS soundtrack and video game come out.

Now we're down to 25 days. Just over three weeks, people! :D

Slicker
01-04-2009, 03:40 AM
After all of this waiting and none of you came back to say you liked it?!?! Man, you all must've hated it. :thumbsup:

Devo
01-04-2009, 08:44 AM
lol This thread did seem to die a death. 'Only a few more days people!!'....aaaannd nothing.

sith_killer_99
01-04-2009, 02:02 PM
At T minus 24 days, all the real Star Wars fans left to go stand in line.

Meanwhile, the posers hung out here with me and the thread got buried.:p

NerfTW
01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
After all of this waiting and none of you came back to say you liked it?!?! Man, you all must've hated it. :thumbsup:

Threads don't exist in a vacuum. The conversation likely moved to another thread at the time. And this is the major reason necro-posting is obnoxious. Because it's like watching a home video of a toddler learning to tie their shoes, then finding the grown up and saying "So, did you ever learn to tie your shoes or are you just stupid? Ha ha!".

edit- quoted the wrong person.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Threads don't exist in a vacuum. The conversation likely moved to another thread at the time. And this is the major reason necro-posting is obnoxious. Because it's like watching a home video of a toddler learning to tie their shoes, then finding the grown up and saying "So, did you ever learn to tie your shoes or are you just stupid? Ha ha!".

Calm down, it was a joke.

sith_killer_99
01-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Calm down, it was a joke.

And a funny one at that, I thought mine was really funny. Some people just don't get SSG humor I guess.:twisted:

bigbarada
01-04-2009, 03:52 PM

Did someone have trouble learning to tie their shoes as a kid? :D

NerfTW
01-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Dude, I wore velcro until they stopped making them in my size. :thumbsup:

I don't know how my post came across as ranty, though, I just found the joke fell flat.

Slicker
01-05-2009, 03:11 AM
At T minus 24 days, all the real Star Wars fans left to go stand in line.

Meanwhile, the posers hung out here with me and the thread got buried.:pYou may have a point. I know I wasn't able to stand in line.

I was probably just chillin' here "necro-posting". ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-05-2009, 08:14 PM
You may have a point. I know I wasn't able to stand in line.

I was probably just chillin' here "necro-posting". ;)Was that how Obi-Wan heard from Qui-Gon?

IM (Immortal Messaging) conversation:
JediKabob: hey
CertainPOV: who is this?
JediKabob: serch yur feelings
CertainPOV: uh, Padme?
JediKabob: LOL
JediKabob: no try agin
CertainPOV: idk i need more 411
JediKabob: my mustach moved alot
CertainPOV: QQJ!!! OMG!!!
JediKabob: calm my yung apprntce
CertainPOV: dude were r u?
JediKabob: a place u cant go 2
CertainPOV: courucant?
JediKabob: no r u stupid? im ded!
CertainPOV: can i help u anyway?
JediKabob: problly and heres how
CertainPOV: sweet

Necro-posting... I love it! :thumbsup:

BTW, will we Star Wars fans ever have anythign that'd make us even consider standing in line to see something again? :(

JetsAndHeels
01-05-2009, 10:27 PM
BTW, will we Star Wars fans ever have anythign that'd make us even consider standing in line to see something again? :(

A new edition of ROTJ, complete with NC-17 rating due to the extra "cut scenes" with Leia in the slave bikini. :)

But speaking about ROTS, I still play the video game on my PS2 from time to time.

TeeEye7
01-05-2009, 11:05 PM

Midnight Madness is the only thing I can think of.

Rocketboy
01-06-2009, 12:05 AM
A new edition of ROTJ, complete with NC-17 rating due to the extra "cut scenes" with Leia in the slave bikini. :)
Also, the wedding night scene from the end of Attack of the Clones.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Midnight Madness is the only thing I can think of.
Don't forget future Celebrations. If you go, be sure to bring your patience. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Don't forget future Celebrations. If you go, be sure to bring your patience. :pI was thinking more along the lines (:rolleyes: ) of films, but that is one event that might git me to stand. In a line. With others like me.

Darth Jax
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I was thinking more along the lines (:rolleyes: ) of films, but that is one event that might git me to stand. In a line. With others like me.

assuming you could find others like you. to stand in a line. with