PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if we will see C-3PO programming binary load lifters.

scruffziller
04-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Since his memory is wiped, C-3PO remembers his first job as programming binary load lifters and since according to the graphic novel his memory is wiped most certainly, it show him doing it.

Kidhuman
04-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, he probably doesnt get his memory wiped until after the end of the movie or at the end of it, so I doubt we will see it.

scruffziller
04-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, he probably doesnt get his memory wiped until after the end of the movie or at the end of it, so I doubt we will see it.

It might be the last scene of 3PO in the movie as the final score is playing as they show Bail with Leia etc..

2-1B
04-20-2005, 01:38 PM
I would be surprised if they show it.

James Boba Fettfield
04-20-2005, 01:40 PM
It'll be one of those bonus scenes they sneak into the credits.

Got to tie up all the loose ends.

stillakid
04-20-2005, 07:15 PM
__________________________________________________ ____________

OWEN LARS
What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators.

SEE THREEPIO
Sir, my first job was...right over there, working for you!

OWEN LARS
Oh yeah, I remember that annoying voice now. How could I forget. Oh, that's right, that annoying kid and that tasty treat of his took off without saying goodbye and stole you in the process. What a punk.

SEE THREEPIO
The years haven't been too kind to you, either.

Jargo
04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Hmmmm well now, the visual dictionary does show binary load lifter droids or something of the sort so the connection is undoubtedy there if you look. but It's a given that C-3PO gets his lobotomy so there's no need to show it. it'd be boring anyway. just a cable plugged into him and then a button pushed and suddenly the droid is all annoyingly naive again. just what you need in a dark movie, more crappy 'funny' one liners from the ever so campy Anthony Daniels.

It's more likely w'll see 3Po in the background near the Tantive IV in the docking bay of the senate, where there happen to be load lifters shoving stuff aboard. thereby forever associating goldenrod with them.

I'm more concerned with learning what the hell Bocce is used for. And why Beru needs a droid that can speak it and if she was in reality a secret Sith spy. Well why else would she need a language that no-one else uses unless it was to transmit coded messages to the Empire? Mwuhahahahahaha...

And just where are the fabled load lifters on the Lars homestead hmmmm? All we see is a treadwell droid. And given the meagre amounts of moisture those vaporators must collect i hardly think they'd need a heavy duty lifter droid on that barren place. The Lars duo have nothing. They must take mere litres of water to trade in Mos Wherever. Unless they're secretly harvesting those strange mushrooms Schmi was out gathering. Illegal drug trafficking that's the game I just know it. Gotta be something fishy about a couple of hicks out on a farm like that. How else could they afford to buy droids and have all those speeders. Not to mention a skyhopper. I'm betting Owen and Beru were supposed to deliver Luke to the Empire at a certain age and when they didn't have him there to hand over that's why they got wasted.

Now, lets see ya chew that over. hahaha.

Bantha274
04-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I know C3P0 has the last line in ROTS and the first line in ANH. As far as seeing him operating load lifters, it doesn't seem too important as far as continuity is concerned.

But why Owen doesn't recognize 3P0 in ANH, I think it's because GL never thought he'd have to do the prequels, so it just made sense in 1978.

I think it's awesome that R2-D2 remembers everything that happens across all six films. He's truly the hero of the saga, imho.

Slicker
04-29-2005, 04:28 PM
But why Owen doesn't recognize 3P0 in ANH, I think it's because GL never thought he'd have to do the prequels, so it just made sense in 1978.That one is probably because there are MILLIONS of protocol droids in the galaxy and I'm sure that Owen has gone through his fair share of them what with the sand and all. Gears and electronics just don't agree with sand and grit.

El Chuxter
07-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I did see one, in the background of Scene 24.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm just waiting for the Deluxe Threepio action figure, With Binary Load Lifter Feature! (but you just know they're gonna short pack this one :upset: and it'll be going for scalpers' prices soon after :greedy: )