PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Celebration

chrisc
04-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Just a question about these Star Wars celebrations that have been going on? Do they have these every year now or does it end with the movies? If so are they in the same place or they move around? Also about what is the average cost of going to one??? I wanted to go this year but did not have the money. I hope there is one next year but am not sure if there will be because the movies are now over. Any info would be great.

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 10:44 AM
They only have em before a movie release. This is the last one.

stillakid
04-22-2005, 10:53 AM
They only have em before a movie release. This is the last one.

I don't understand. You mean that this is the last movie or the last celebration? :confused:

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Both, unless they have a huge gathering for the 30th anniversary

stillakid
04-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Both, unless they have a huge gathering for the 30th anniversary

30th anniversary of what? GL doesn't acknowledge the original films so do we prorate the dates from the last update? By my calculations, at the current rate of OT "improvements," there should be a "celebration" on the order of every 6.4 years. :D

bmgilk
04-22-2005, 07:23 PM
My family and I went to the last one for AOTC.It was pretty good, except for the very long lines and the place was packed!!We didn't go to this one.My wife started a new job and couldn't get time off.It is a little expensive to go though.We spent about $600.00 for the last one(tickets,one night for hotel,food,gas,and buying stuff at the celebration).It was worth it!! I hope they will have more in the future!!

bmgilk

El Chuxter
04-22-2005, 07:32 PM
It's always sweet of them to have them only in Indianapolis. :mad:

stillakid
04-22-2005, 09:28 PM

Hmm... (http://www.live-shot.com/index.shtml)

just kidding, just kidding....geesh. lol

2-1B
04-23-2005, 12:27 AM

Maybe you should have skipped over to Denver when you had the chance. ;)

sith_killer_99
04-25-2005, 10:22 PM
There were rumors at C3 of a Celebration 4 coming out on the 30th anniversary.

Another possability would be to have one for the launch of the live action television series.

Who knows, I guess we will see. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Rick McCallum at one of the Q & A sessions indicated that these celebrations are a good idea and will continue to exist in the future. Judging by the amount of money Lucas made over the 4 day event, he probably thinks that they are a good idea too. lol

Kidhuman
04-26-2005, 01:27 AM
I hope they have more of em. I need to get to one of em.