PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars In The News?

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 04:00 PM
I was just wondering, is there much about Attack Of The Clones in the English Media, I've not seen much yet have you?

October 2001- Channel 5's Movie Chart Show announced the name of the film and the release date of the trailer. (Which we already knew)

5th November 2001- Newsround shows "Breathing" for the first time on British Television.

8th November 2001- Film 2001 also shows "Breathing"

11th November 2001- The Movie Chart Show, shows a few seconds of "Breathing"

And that's it, nothing since, I think, does anybody know if Forbidden Love has been shown or will be. And will there be any film reviews for the year ahead?

Jargo
01-08-2002, 04:27 PM
If I remember rightly, Ewan has done a couple of radio interviews and talked about EPII. One was for radio four and one was for radio one. Chris Lee has muttered vague things in interviews about EPII.
I believe we'll see more nearer the time of release as the drum bangers begin to rally the media into a frenzy of previews and star studded promotional interviews.
But the British media are not renowned for being kind to the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre. the only time they're interested is if there's some kind of premiere so they can all laugh at the 'freaky Sci-Fi geeks' who all come out of the woodwork to gape and ogle at the stars and talk boring facts to bemused and insulting interviewers from local TV stations.
In the UK Sci-Fi still isn't taken seriously as a medium or a genre. This is why every programme or film on TV that falls within the genre is shoved around the schedules like a bouncing ball. Or worse than that, they simply cancel perfectly good shows and movies to make way for sport.

Don't expect to see much 'til May. :(

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 04:32 PM
An well.

mabudonicus
01-08-2002, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry, but when you(Jek) said english, was that UK you meant? Here in Canada I've seen the whole of forbidden love, which aired a couple of days before harry potter came out( with the trailer in front of it) Don't worry too much about the media coverage though, as the "media" would have us believe that films like oceans 11 are the real ones to watch. When the film comes out in may, we can all cover it personally, and to heck with what anyone else says. As an interesting aside, how hard do you fellows think it is for the talking heads of the media to say anything about lotr being good. You can hear the disbelief in their voices. If aotc is what it looks like, it'll be funny to see the mainstream tripping over their feet trying to get in the "we all knew it was going to be great" queue after ignoring it for so long. Woooooooooo!!

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 04:57 PM
O.K