PDA

View Full Version : did i see you at C3???

hango fett
04-23-2005, 06:10 PM
well, i don't know if i saw anyone from SSG there, but i was in a grey hooded sweetshirt on thursday, i have black hair and somewhat of a beard, and friday, i was mostly in a jedi robe and in the exhbitor hall. i will have pics soon!
share yours!
HF

Ji'dai
04-23-2005, 09:05 PM
I was there pimpin' my entourage, Slave "Leia" and a couple of Twilek chicks.

bobafrett
04-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Well, it wouldn't be me, I'm at home, just got back from a long day of working. Love the pics Ji'dai!

hango fett
04-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Ji'dai, where you dressed as han?
HF

Ji'dai
04-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Nah, not me ;)

Here's another shot of Slave Leia from the front. She's pretty cute.

stillakid
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
"Fear of lose is a path to the dark side!"

Fear of "lose"? :confused:

CooLJoE
04-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Well, I don't think I saw you. Although you should have come to the get together at the Hyatt Regency. We had a good time meeting up in the Hyatt and then went to Houlihans for dinner. It was a definite highlight of the weekend for me.

hango fett
04-24-2005, 08:02 AM
it's 2 s's isn't it? i'll fix it...
HF

Slicker
04-24-2005, 11:59 AM
You didn't see me as I was at home with that sexy Slave Leia. Meee-oowwww!!!

hango fett
04-24-2005, 02:54 PM
that's what i was thinking when i saw her....but that is another story.
HF

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I flew in back from Indianapolis this afternoon and I just like to say for someone who is a virgin at fan conventions, that this was an awesome experience. The sights, costumes, attractions, camaraderie and characters will provide memories to last a lifetime.

A few of us from the site (Dar Argol, The 'Xir, Dr. Evazan) stayed together at a hotel not far from the convention center. Kudos especially to Ari (Dr. E.) for organizing much of the trip. We traveled the exhibits together and being around them made the trip that much more enjoyable.

While there was not one highlight that stood out for me, there were several things I want to mention.

First, was the meeting of Sirsteves members. We met on Friday night at the hotel adjacent to the convention center and went out for a bite to eat. Yes, we did get photos of the group (to be posted later, but not by me, forgot the digital :( ) together. It was nice putting faces behind the names. Later on we went to dinner at Houhilans as CoolJoe mentioned.

Secondly, standing in line, while a pain, was a mainstay of the convention. Especially for the Convention III store. The 'Xir spent pretty much his whole first day, from 12 until 7:30 in line at the store. Later our group got up at 5 a.m. on Saturday so we could get access to the store. While we waited 5 1/2 hours (2 hours outside in the cold rain) we cracked jokes, debated Star Wars theories, and told stories of our Star Wars experiences, helping to pass the burden of waiting.

Also, the exhibits, from the movie archives, to the fan made dioramas, customized Star Wars themed automobiles, Star Wars oragami, droid building, Star Wars vendors, pop culture, etc. etc. kept one fascinated, educated and busy at the same time.

Finally, our group from SirSteves were selfless through and through. We always made sure that the other members were taken care of, always checked with others to confirm whether or not the events we planned were agreed on by all to see, and helped each out as much as we can.

I am glad I made the trip and I highly recommend for those who couldn't attend, to attend one in the future (and from what we heard there is a good possibility of more, and an even greater possiblity once Lucas sees the profits he reaped).

I want to say a final thank you to all in my group and I hope that we can keep in contact and maybe see each other again. :)

bobafrett
04-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Sweet, wish I could have been there to meet the rest of you who made the trip. I went to CII, and miss the excitement and the fanfare for the Star Wars movies. I was kept busy doing badge check, and having pictures taken with fans (I wore my trooper armor), and fixing parts that got knocked off of my costume. I had planned on attending CIII, but sometimes life just throws you a giant curveball. Glad to hear you made it there and back, looking forward to seeing the pictures!

scruffziller
04-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Yea, I certainly saw that slave Leia. Ari, better known as
dr_evazan22 had a large list of contacts of us who were going to be there, I believe he tried getting ahold of everyone. Too bad we didn't get to everyone. It was an honor to finally meet SirSteve!!!!

Tonysmo
04-25-2005, 01:35 AM
I was glad I got to bump into the few of you that I did. Made the trip more enjoyable as that was a goal of mine to finally meet some SSG'ers.

Shame on me for not staying later to meet all of you guys. I made it back to Stl by 11:30 that night, the kids were wiped out.

Anyone ever get to meet up with the elusive Tycho?

hango fett
04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
i wish i could have met some of you guys. i am charging the digital camera and should have pics up at about 5:00 PM today. maybe i did see some of you guys, but just didn't know it..
HF

scruffziller
04-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Yep, we met Tyco briefly along with LIMP and SirSteve that couldn't make it to our dinner at Houlihans but at least we got to see them.:)

robert michael
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
I got a picture with that leia.
she was the best one there.
And if anyone saw me, I was the guy with the Randy Rhoads and Ozzy Tattoo.

hango fett
04-25-2005, 03:53 PM
now the upload isn't working on SSG....
HF