PDA

View Full Version : Infant Luke & Leia?

Jedi Flaherty
04-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Is there any interest in 3 3/4"-scale versions of Infant Luke and Leia? Hasbro's denied an Obi-Wan with Infant Luke accessory, but that doesn't eliminate a two-pack (like the AOTC Jedi Library Droids) or a Padme with both twins (they could even do some sort of variant, like the ROTS Royal Guards, where it's the same Padme, but she can either come with Luke or Leia -- then we'd have to buy both! Way to go, Big Business!!) Anyway, I'd love to see them in my collection and I was wondering if I'm alone.

mastermatt24
04-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Im sure they will make them. Just a matter of time, trust me.
And welcome to the forums! :D

Ji'dai
04-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Maybe we'll see some infant Skywalkers eventually. I figured we'd have a basket full of baby Ewoks by now though too.

trandoshan666
04-24-2005, 10:13 AM
I like the idea. I really hope we see them sometime.

evenflow
04-24-2005, 12:06 PM
I want them, and hope Hasbro doesnt sleep on it.

beckmen
04-24-2005, 02:44 PM
A basket full of baby Ewoks, hahaha....

I have no interest in babies.

evenflow
04-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Even though you are joking I have always wanted baby ewoks as well.

Wugmanmax
04-24-2005, 04:13 PM
My son would like the babies, and I'm sure many others would like them for dioramas. I hope they make them. :)

spang2005
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I would expect to see these figures in some form, especially after they made a Tusken Raider mother and baby that were barely in the film.

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Heck, I'd buy them in an instant. Who wouldn't want baby Luke and Leia figures?

bobafrett
04-24-2005, 10:04 PM
And I hope they make a Padme figure with a fold down top so she can "feed" the twins!

Really though, I would like to see the twins made, I think it is almost essential. Maybe they could add a sound chip of Luke whining like a baby.

tagmac
04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I think we'll see them in some kind of Evolution pack down the road.

thoughtcrime
04-26-2005, 03:31 PM
I must be alone in thinking this is a terrible idea. 3-3/4 infants don't strike me as a particularly fun toy. No kid would want them, that's for sure.

Wugmanmax
04-26-2005, 04:33 PM
I must be alone in thinking this is a terrible idea. 3-3/4 infants don't strike me as a particularly fun toy. No kid would want them, that's for sure.
Little kids like kids/babies. :)

mastermatt24
04-26-2005, 10:03 PM
And I hope they make a Padme figure with a fold down top so she can "feed" the twins!

Jeezz your all about the boobs arent you? ;) :crazed:

jedibear
04-27-2005, 12:31 AM
I think a very cool way to slip one of the infants into the collection would be a deluxe set of Obi-Wan on an eopie. Pictrure this: Nice window box, redeco'd eopie (what a great way for Hasbro to get that beast back into the collection and into the hands of collectors who missed it the first time around during the last gasps of the EpOne line) and Obi-Wan carrying baby Luke. The set could be called....."A New Hope"....

bobafrett
04-27-2005, 12:43 AM

You must have read the other Thread about the "special" Aayla Secura figure I had bid on. :D BTW, I was outbid by some other perv :sur:

darko666
04-27-2005, 02:17 AM
good idea. but it's difficult to tell if it would be made, with Hasbro behind the wheel. but if they are released, it would be better if it was part of a box set. sort of like the cinema scene packs. i like the box set with obi-wan and the eopie idea.

MaquisWarrior
04-27-2005, 03:32 AM

The only boobs are all of US WHO BOUGHT THE LAVA VADER! True NO ONE twisted my are to buy it!

MaquisWarrior
04-27-2005, 03:45 AM

Really though, I would like to see the twins made, I think it is almost essential. Maybe they could add a sound chip of Luke whining like a baby.

1)I know you're trying to be funny but actually would it kill toy companies to make an anatomically correct figure. I have seen several Japanese anime/real girl dolls with both removable clothes and have the parts where they should.

2)Anakin is gonna do enough belly aching throughout ROTS that Luke will not need a sound chip! I've read the novel, the annontated script, the comic/trade paperback, seen the Video Now and Trivial Pursuit scenes. It's all WAAAA-I WANNA BE A MASTER JEDI-WAAA MY HOT TEENAGE SUPPOSED TO BE OLDER THAN ME WIFE IS GOING TO DIE-WAAA THE JEDI ARE ASKING ME TO BETRAY MY FRIEND THE EMPEROR...No wonder Prince Xizor and the other's wanted to kick his asteroid in Shadows of the Empire and Vader's Quest! I bet that's why Grand Moff Tarkin rules over Vader even though Vader outranks him. Tarkin probably beat Vader naked and into next Saturday with no powers!

beckmen
04-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Well, watch the OT even and Vader never does much very amazing. He has a few geriatric saber duels, fails at shooting a target only a few meters away, botches just about every mission/quest he attempts and finally gets rocked like a hurricane by a punk who is a self-taught duelist...

Veers
04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
That would be cool. I hope they make it.

samskull
04-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I can see Hasbro creating a Deluxe Padme figure with twin "accessories" and when goth Anakin punches her in the gut (cause that's what bad boys do)they are born by shooting out her back side. This could be a missle-type weapon that knocks down the $20 Target Clone Trooper before they make the galaxy bankrupt.:D

Personally, I'd much rather see Cantina Arcona or a descent Death Star Trooper.

MaquisWarrior
04-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I can see Hasbro creating a Deluxe Padme figure with twin "accessories" and when goth Anakin punches her in the gut (cause that's what bad boys do)

Personally, I'd much rather see Cantina Arcona or a descent Death Star Trooper.

SHH! Dude you almost ruined the ending there. And two no more Troopers and/or Cantina guys we won't be able to buy. I agree 1million % but you know I'm still trying to get all the one from the 80's.AAARGH!

3) Only if the "twins" were plush.

MaquisWarrior
04-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Well, watch the OT even and Vader never does much very amazing. He has a few geriatric saber duels, fails at shooting a target only a few meters away, botches just about every mission/quest he attempts and finally gets rocked like a hurricane by a punk who is a self-taught duelist...

VADER, VADER, VADER, tsk,tsk,tsk, tsk....BEATEN BY YOUR OWN SON.....THAT'S SAD! In California or Texas, Luke would have his sorry, loser Jedi butt in the slammer where even the weakest prisoners will show him how to respect his dad, even if he is EVIL. But VADER don't worry cause in Hill Country when Luke and Leia made out in ESB at the Hoth Base Med Center IT'S OKAY over dar in the Hills where everyone is everyone's cousin and even though she found Han Solo theysa still brother and sister. HYUCK,HUCK!:D (play banjo/ jug music now)

Roy Clark:Let's have a shoutout to Mos Espa in Tatooine of the Outer Rim.
HEE HAW gang: SALUT!

v7sg
04-30-2005, 07:15 PM
would be great, love to have them, let's hope Hasbro reads this forum

Darth Grifter
05-01-2005, 05:13 PM
i'd buy them too. i like the royal gaurd plan, one padme with luke and one with leia...they could pose the leia on the left side and the luke on the right side to distinguish them because i'm sure they wouldn't be in pink and blue! :D

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 04:29 AM
i'd buy them too. i like the royal gaurd plan, one padme with luke and one with leia...they could pose the leia on the left side and the luke on the right side to distinguish them because i'm sure they wouldn't be in pink and blue! :D

That would suck for people who open their figures. Two of the exact same Padme's, just to get the twins. I do agree that we need the twins though.

mastermatt24
05-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Oh come on- How much playability does a baby have?? Why would you even buy one to open to play with it?

ROTJLuke
05-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Id like to see them, Id leave um carded...but isnt hasbro stopping at 56? or is that just with this particular card?

WesleySr
05-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Oh come on- How much playability does a baby have?? Why would you even buy one to open to play with it?

Do you think that only boys play with Star Wars figures? All 4 of my nieces love Star Wars. My 5 year old son plays with my SW toys. My son says that he would like to see them make the twins. So there you have it.

mastermatt24
05-08-2005, 01:35 AM
I never said anything about gender and playing with SW, and thats just one 5 year old that wants the twins. Yes like I said before I would buy them I just dont think you could do much with two baby things :neutral: .

Droid
05-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Luke and Leia as babies are essential. And I don't want them to be accessories, because then they'll be terrible. They should be fully articulated little babies that can be slid into a swaddled plastic blanket.

I suggest two cinema scenes:

Bail, Queen of Alderaan, and Leia
Owen, Beru, and Luke

Then if they'd make a Cliegg I'd have the main characters I still want from the prequels.

I do like the idea of an Obi-wan with eopie and Luke though.

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Another good suggestion. I had forgotten all about Cliegg. I would like to see Obi-Wan w/ Eopie, but the Luke should definitely come with Beru & Owen.

mastermatt24
05-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Now that Ive seen the movie I do think that they should do cinema sceens. :)

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I would also like to see a cinema scene of the funeral procession, but I doubt that will ever happen.