PDA

View Full Version : if you saw the Rick McCallum Spectacular at C3, what are your thoughts?

hango fett
04-24-2005, 10:58 AM
my thought is 2 words. Holy Crap. the footage was INCREDIBLE!!!!! they showed alot of all the fights, much more than i thought they would.
***SPOILERS BELOW*** highlight to read.
when yoda caught the pod palpy threw at yoda, and then he started spinning it then launched it back at him was too good. also, mace and palpy was alot more than i thought, them showing mace blocking the lightning with his saber and palpy saying something and then going all crazy...but the best part was on Kashyyyk, when yoda was sitting there and order 66 was started and yoda sensed it and jumped over a trooper and then cut the troopers head off!!!

HF

scruffziller
04-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Yes I agree with all what you said there hango. I can't friggin' wait till May 19!!!!!!. This movie is going to blow away the other 2!!! But it certainly looks like Anikin takes down the entire Trade Federation and Neimodians. And seeing Palpy's face getting messed up was priceless.

Tonysmo
04-25-2005, 02:01 AM
This will be the bestest movie EVAR!!

Sitting in the front row of the spectacular - I was wowed. the music was thumping. the speakers were right next to me. The footage shown was outstanding.

I do think he ( Lucas ) may finally have some redemption - as even Rick said. I think we finally have it.

is it the 19th yet?

how bout now? :crazed: :crazed:

Elliejabbapop
04-25-2005, 07:32 AM
Did anybody film it? ;)

hango fett
04-25-2005, 10:47 AM
many people think it will be on hyperspace tonight. i hope so. but don't kill me if it isn't, cause i heard this from TF.N
HF

scruffziller
04-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Did anybody film it? ;)

Anybody who tried was whisked away into a darkened room.........;)

Bantha274
04-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Yup, there was a guy sitting two seats from me on the aisle who turned on his camcorder. In less than a minute, two staff members came over and and told him he had to leave. When the show was over, I saw him outside the hall and they were trying to take his tape from him. He was pretty ****ed cause he apparently had several hours of footage from C3. I hung out for a few minutes to see what they were going to do and they ended up just making him delete what footage he recorded from EP3.

Personally, I feel anyone who recorded this footage just to show it on the net should be ashamed of themselves. But that wouldn't stop me from watching/downloading it, so I guess I'm just as bad.;) lol

I hope they DON'T show it on starwars.com. Otherwise, all the time waiting in line to see it at C3 was all for nothing, imho.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Hango Fett, you were at CIII? Too bad I didn't see you.

Anyway, I didn't see it, since I don't like to see too much finished footage. It sounded pretty cool though.

hango fett
04-26-2005, 10:04 PM
yep, i was there. wish i could have met you, JJL. were you in costume or anything?
HF

jedibear
04-27-2005, 12:23 AM
The footage was stunning. I agree with McCallum's remarks that the folks at ILM have brought their effects work to a whole new level of excellence.

The mattework and enviroments were jaw-dropping...from Utapau to Kassyyk to Mustafar...and Alderaan looks absolutely beautiful! It was cool to see the Tantive IV gets around quite a bit in the movie judging from these clips...

Spoilers below: (highlight to read)

It was really cool seeing (ALOT!) of Yoda in action, both in his confrontation with Sidious (pitching ole Sid over the side got the crowd going) and throwing the senate pods back n' forth and most especially, the Order 66 scene....fantastic! It was also great seeing many scenes of Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling intensely...it's gonna be the showstopper we've all been waiting for. I also got a big kick out of Grevious's Wheelbike kicking up dust and roaring off...too cool. One more thing about the General....it's amazing how with the design of him, the eyes and the intense body language displayed in these clips that ILM & Lucas have successfully created a character that exudes a constant state of rage...great job!

I think it's safe to say this movie is going to shock n' awe us...it looks fantastic!

darko666
04-27-2005, 02:27 AM
the spectacular was just as the title suggests. me and my friend saw it 3 times and were just in complete shock and awe at what we saw. the trailer was great, but what made it for me was the music(which was actually just thrown together before C III). it was powerful, emotional and just gets you pumped.

and someone in the same showing as me, asked Rick if they would put this spectacular on the dvd, and Rick stumbled a little bit, saying, "uugh, uuh, umm, o...ok." i'm assuming it will be on the dvd. i only care, mainly for the music. simply kick ***, this movie will be.

jedibear
04-27-2005, 10:44 AM
and someone in the same showing as me, asked Rick if they would put this spectacular on the dvd, and Rick stumbled a little bit, saying, "uugh, uuh, umm, o...ok." i'm assuming it will be on the dvd. i only care, mainly for the music. simply kick ***, this movie will be.

While that's a great idea, it's unlikely. Most of the music for the clips was from Van Helsing....and I don't see fox sharing the credit (or the wealth) with Universal for a few minutes of music. The music did work well with the presentation though...

JEDIpartner
04-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I thought it was amazing... and getting to sit next to McCallum and two of the showings was really interesting. You can tell he really believes in this one. Even he was getting excited when he watched it.

Apparently, some clown DID have this posted on the web. That's news coming from down under.

Elliejabbapop
04-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Clown????
You mean HERO!!!! People who didn't get the chance to go to Celeb III (just like me) got to see it anyway. Now that's generousity.

darko666
04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
While that's a great idea, it's unlikely. Most of the music for the clips was from Van Helsing....and I don't see fox sharing the credit (or the wealth) with Universal for a few minutes of music. The music did work well with the presentation though...

that s_cks. but i can see your point. it's always about the money. i'm just hoping somebody recorded the music and puts it up for download. if they do put the footage on the dvd, they will probally add diff. music.

Elliejabbapop
04-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Darko try WinMx if you just want the music ;-)
If you need the video with that music maybe I can help :-)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Hango, no, I wasn't in costume. Though I did wear a spiffy new SW shirt for each day of CIII. :D

Hearing all the positive reactions to parts from this, and the good reviews it's getting, makes me even more excited for ROTS. Twenty days away!!!

hango fett
04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
i know, JJL, i can't wait. i did see where someone had it on the net. and yes, of course i watched it again. and again. but it's just not the same with peoples heads in the road.
HF

darko666
04-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Darko try WinMx if you just want the music ;-)
If you need the video with that music maybe I can help :-)

i use a Mac, so WinMX doesn't work for me. as for the video, i stumbled onto a site that did have it. not sure if it's still there, since any site that carries the video/s are being deleted. but thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

scruffziller
05-06-2005, 08:23 PM
In the session I was at. McCallum made the remark, "I think we finally got this one." Is he admitting to the fact that EPS 1 & 2 he didn't even think were up to par like they should have been?;)