PDA

View Full Version : How many times will you see ROTS on opening day?

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm going twice. The first showing I'm going to will end 45 minutes before the second one starts. My butt's gonna be sore sitting for 5+ hours. But it'll all be worth it. :)

Slicker
04-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm hoping to get see it at all on opening day. During the following weekend you can bet your sweet ***** that I'll be watching tons of ROTS, maybe even some theater hopping.;)

princethomas
04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Twice if you count the midnight show and the next afternoon. I ll probably see it once a day. Wed night. 12am..thursday Friday Sat. Sunday for the weekend. So 5 times pretty quickly. Then maybe a few more times in the next couple of weeks.

2-1B
04-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Thrice for me on opening day with an opening weekend total of 7 or 8 times. :)

trandoshan666
04-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm planning for three times. That's what I did for AOTC, too.

Ji'dai
04-24-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't think I can handle more than one viewing on opening day/week. I'll probably go see it once on opening day, then likely again a month later.

For Episode I, I went at midnight, then again at seven that evening. I ended up seeing it two more times before the end of the first week. My last theatre viewing was a month later in June.

For Episode II, I went around eleven in the morning on opening day. Very casual, no problem getting tickets, probably a dozen people in the theatre for that showing. I went again on opening week on the weekend; and I saw it for the final time in mid-June.

Sith Lord 0498
04-24-2005, 07:23 PM
My wife and I already have tickets for the 12:01 am showing. Also, I'm taking the 19th off, so I'll probably see it at least once (maybe twice) that day. Plus, I'll be going that weekend to see it with my mom (and my wife too if she feels like going again so soon). After that, I might see it a couple more times in the theater.

rust
04-24-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll go on opening day, a week or two later, then go when it goes to the cheap theaters.

bobafrett
04-24-2005, 09:54 PM
I would have to say that it will depend on how good the show is. I have my ticket to the midnight show, and if it is good, I will try to catch the film later that day, otherwise I will wait until the hoopla and fanfare slow down, and maybe go see it after that. I have my reservations about it after getting all excited about Episodes I & II, only to be mildly dissapointed.

tagmac
04-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Twice....got tix to the midnight show, and another one on the evening of the 19th.

Bobby Fett
04-25-2005, 01:40 AM
I probably won't see it at all for about a week. Too much other stuff going on.

Kidhuman
04-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Hopefully twice, but once definitely.

EricRG
04-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Zero.
None.
Nada.

princethomas
04-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Zero.
None.
Nada.

Any explanation as to why?

darko666
04-29-2005, 11:02 PM
i saw TPM 4 times in a row. so i need to beat that and at least see ROTS 5 times in one day. but as i look in my wallet, i'm lucky i had enough money to see it at midnight.

Hellboy
04-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Twice on opening day including the midnight showing, then 2 more times over the weekend. :D

kool-aid killer
04-30-2005, 01:18 AM
As of right now im only going to see it once on opening day. But i may actually go see it twice, only with different siblings coming with me. Then again during the weekend, probably Saturday. Then again a week or two later. Then again some time after that. Then i will go again once it hits the good dollar theater. Then again a week or two later.

moulman
04-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Just once, at midnight

EricRG
04-30-2005, 11:41 AM
"Any explanation as to why?"

Yeah. My brother and I grew up watching/acting out/collecting the toys of Star Wars and have always had this bond. He is currently in the NYS Police Academy and will not be able to see it until Friday night. I think it is more worth it to see the final SW movie with him.

Besides, I don't particularly enjoy going to work after getting home from the movies at 3AM.

princethomas
04-30-2005, 01:11 PM
EricRG-Well that makes sense. I could certainly wait a few days to see it with my friends too. Just wondering why you said Zero Nada etc.

RussTurk
05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
MAY 19TH
ZIEGFEL THEATER, NYC
7 a.m.
& 11 a.m.
I am PSYCHED!!!!!

Hellboy
05-04-2005, 06:30 PM
I saw EPII at the Ziegfield theater in NYC back in 02' and wasn't very impressed with their digital showing. I also ended up sitting in the back section and it felt like I was a mile away from the screen but then again I should've known better considering it is an older theater. I saw repeat showings at the AMC on 42nd st and thats where I'll be seeing ROTS opening night. The theater is just more up to date and as a result the movie looked much clearer and poor seats were more limited.

Monstermile
05-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Twice. The first showing on the 19th. It will probably be 11am if they have the same schedule as AOTC. Then I am going to pick the kids up from school and we are going to a late afternoon show. That is what I did for AOTC. For TPM I had tickets for back to back showings the evening it came out. I was a little disappointed so I sold my second show tickets to people waiting in line. I took the kids to see it that weekend. Funny thing is I ended up seeing it another 5 times after that. Saw AOTC 5 times total. If ROTS is anywhere near as good as I expect it to be I'm sure I'll see it at least 5 times.

This will make it complete for me. Seeing all 6 movies on opening day.

megaprime33
05-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm going at opening day at 7pm with my fiancee and then I'm going the next night with friends from work at again, 7pm. I absolutely can't wait for it. I knew when Ep.1 came out that 3 was going to be the best. Been a long time waiting and now it's just 2 weeks away!