PDA

View Full Version : Favorite events at C3.

scruffziller
04-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I would say number one was getting to meet all you that I seen there and got to hang out with. For the con itself, the Rick McCallum spectacular and the SW in 30 minutes was HISERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expecially the potrayal of Jabba:D
One word on that- sickandwrong!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sentinel18725
04-24-2005, 11:06 PM
I would say that my favorite part was standing in line for 7 hours to get my Darth Vader figures :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Seriously,

I truly enjoyed seeing all of the fans and the creative efforts that they went to to make up the costumes. I didn't get the opportunity to see the SW Spectacular or the 30 minutes but I enjoyed all of the interesting panels on collecting that they had in the White Hall. Great Job people!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Yes, the Star Wars Trilogy in 30 minutes will certainly stand out in my mind as memorable. The cheesy props, rushed dialogue, and unique costumes contributed to the fun. The actor troupe deserves props because they put on several shows, and after a while, I can see it as getting very tiring.

The Rick McCallum presentation on III was short, but informative. Rick actually didn't come off as a pompous arse as he does at times, and gave substantive answers and explanations. The trailer was sweet (and very loud :classic: )

Watching the younglings take on Vader in the Burger King sponsored show was also priceless.

My final event, watching AOTC on big screen was also memorable, not for the movie, but for the scores of fans who would shout memorable one-liners during certain key scenes of the movie.

rust
04-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Star Wars the Musical, Hands down. The rest of the time, I just spent shopping...

Ryno
04-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Here are my memories: I left Chicago at 3:30am on Saturday and arrived around 6:30. There is nothing more cool than driving up to the convention center and having a stormtrooper direct traffic "Move along, move along". After standing in line in freezing wind and rain for 3.5 hours (why did I cancel my fanclub membership?), not getting a bracelet to see George Lucas and then seeing that the line for the Celebration Store was over 7 hours long, I swear I had had enough. After going through the Exhibit Hall and seeing that everyone was selling the same old stuff that was in the stores, I was feeling really down, so I retreated to the skywalk swearing I wasn't going back. Then.....as I'm walking towards the entrance to the skywalk I heard that old familiar music and saw a Scout Trooper waving stragglers into the main ball room. He waved me on in too, just in time to see George Lucas take the stage! From that moment on; everything changed. I picked up my fiancee (who couldn't handle the Hoth like temps herself) and we went back down and had an awesome time. I picked up all the Battle Arenas, my fiancee talked a vendor down to $40 for a talking Vader (hey, it was worth not standing in line for) and we took in the AOTC showing, the musical and the One Man Star Wars Show, which had us laughing the whole time. That guy was truly amazing. All in all though, I really think the best part is just going and experiencing being around thousands of other people who are just like you. I've never dressed up or anything like that, but I really commend those who do. Some of the outfits are really outstanding and that just all adds to the magic. In the end I was sad to leave and I hope they continue having these, because I'll be right back there again.

Jayspawn
04-25-2005, 05:15 PM
For me it was getting to see George Lucas in person! Yes! And I actually got to see him twice! I waited outside in the freezing rain storm for 5 hours and got in to see his first appearance! I lucked out a while later and got sweped up into the rush of people running to get into the 3rd show.

Other highlights include...

Seeing A New Hope on the big screen there, in Digital Projection!

Seeing Master Replicas and Gentle Giant's displays. There were incredible to see!

Scoring the Sandtrooper Mini Bust and Obi-Wan Lightsaber Exclusives!

Meeting Tem Morrison, Ray Park and a lot of other great actors!

Orli Shoshan -I think I fell in love!

moulman
04-25-2005, 07:04 PM
hmm.. for me C3 was my favirote event :D

Seeing ESB was preety cool

and of course the Macullum spectacular (those 6 minutes of footage were amazing)

QLD
04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Well, for me, the best part of the convention itself, was the 30 minute show, and the one man show. Both of those were priceless. I actually got to talk to a few of the 30 minute actors after the second time I saw it, and they were all very nice, and cool.

Also, it was great meeting my fellow SSG'ers, including the man himself.

I lucked into one of the Lucas showings. I was trying to find the line for the Billy Dee show, and my friend said he had an extra bracelet, and asked if I wanted to give it a try. We got cut off for the show we were in line for, but luckily, there was one last show. So we got to sit about 3rd row in center for the Lucas show. As much as he has disappointed me lately, I still have to say that I really enjoyed it.

I also loved the Billy Dee show. He was so drunk/doped it, it was hilarious. But me being a big Lando fan, it was still a special treat.

My wife was pretty miserable the whole trip, because she isn't a big Star Wrs fan, and the lines really got her in a foul mood. I tried to warn her about it, but she wanted to come anyway.

I'm going to try to upload some of my pictures shortly.

QLD
04-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Here's a link to a photo album with most of my CIII pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't get too many, because my wife disappeared with my camera for a while. But, I like some of the ones I did get.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmartin999/album?.dir=/5eba

2-1B
04-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Cool pics LIMP ! Now if only 12Inch would log back on to share his recap as well. ;)

Nice Slave Leia pic, that's exactly the kind of shot I would have taken. Did you tell her that you like her mole ? (Look again) :D

Ahhh that X-Wing pilot standing between you and wifey, is it just me or does he look a bit like that guy from the Drew Carey Show and Office Space . . . Diedrich Bader ? Maybe just a bit ?

CooLJoE
04-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Let's see... (in no particular order)

Obviously the most fun was had meeting you guys. Nothing like putting faces with names, and sharing stories and laughs with each other.

Meeting Amy Allen and talking with her for a bit. She was quite surprised and thought it was cool that I brought both Aayla Secura 3.25" figs and the Unleashed for her to sign. Also got her to sign one of the pictures available there and got my picture taken with her.

Seeing Warwick Davis onstage and offstage. First I saw him offstage signing the lifesize origami stuff, which was cool. Then I saw him onstage with Jake Lloyd and then later with the Jedi of AOTC/ROTS (Zach Jensen, Amy Allen, Orli Shoshan, Mary Oyaya, and Zach's brother - can't remember his name). Overall, Warwick is a cool guy. Before C3, I didn't think much about him being there, but at C4 (if it happens), I'll be catching any show he puts on.

As mentioned, I saw the Jedi of AOTC/ROTS (event was called Jedi Action). This was a great one to catch. Not only was Warwick a great host (and funny), but the actors/actresses that were present were a nice treat. Overall, I liked Zach Jensen of the bunch. Amy Allen will always be a favorite along with her Character (Aayla Secura), but Zach really seems like a great guy. He was probably the most outgoing person that was onstage (aside from Warwick). And from what I've heard, he's really cool outside of the show as well. I even got to see Amy Allen and Zach Jensen standing around in front of the Exhibit hall taking pictures and talking with people. It was short lived as they wanted to head out for dinner, but it was cool to see them outside of a show and talking with fans. I was SO close to getting a picture with both of them, but right before we got a chance, they said they had to bail. I'll catch em next time.

The Rick McCullum Spectacular was also great. Sure it showed enough of the movie to spoil some things, but it was a great visual treat. And the bonus footage showing off how they made some of the scenes was awesome. Thanks Rick!

The SW Musical was pretty funny, although I was hoping it would span all 3 OT movies (it only covered ANH). They did a good job though and I was glad I caught it.

The one-man SW show was awesome. That will never be forgotten. He did an amazing job doing all 3 OT movies by himself, in a row. Even through phone-cell interruptions and such, he still kept us laughing and put on a great show. Heck, he didn't even stop for the interruptions. Instead he merged them into his skit and made fun of it at the same time.

Also, the exhibits and fan booths were great. The Droid racing was fun to watch. Seeing all the people in costume (and being in costume myself) made the trip that much more fun. I even got Matt Stover's autograph in the ROTS book he wrote (along with a Jedi spoiler that I won't read til after I see the movie). All I can say is, C3 may have ended, but I'm already working on my next costume........a Stormtrooper and/or Clonetrooper (ROTS style Clone that is). I'm hoping to be with the 501st by then and plan to be a Volunteer for C4 as well (if it happens).

The worst time vote goes to Thursday. I spent all of it in line. 2-3 hours to get into the place, and another 7-8 in line at the store. The main bonus was that I got all 4 vaders, 4 cases, topper set, 2 posters, black vader t-shirt, and C3 program guide. Downside is that I wasted an entire day getting them. Next year I will plan better (get in line early so the store line is shorter).

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I got in the line straightaway so my wait was only 3 hours. I picked up the four Vaders... cracked one open. It's sweet. I also got the toppers and #220 of 500 on the plush Yoda (also out of the plain brown box).

I enjoyed the whole event. Star Wars in 30 was hilarious as was The One-Man Star Wars Trilogy. I can't decide which one I enjoyed more! The Ian McDiarmid interview was fantastic event though it was on tape.

The Rick McCallum Spectacular with the preview footage almost made me weep. Having Rick sit next to me and shake my hand was sorta cool. Help, Caesar... I've been infected!!!BTW-- be sure to stay tuned for a very special surprise from me and Dar. ;)