PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Lightsaber set thread (merged)

knightone
04-25-2005, 07:05 AM
Anyone know when the Ultimate Saber set is supposed to be released?

anti-hero
04-25-2005, 02:28 PM
July, according to this...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11079&cat=3095&page=1

beckmen
04-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Really neat toy, but I doubt I'll buy it. When I was 10 I would have LOVED this thing, it would be like the best thing ever, but now it's not worth the scratch.

JediTricks
04-25-2005, 08:52 PM
I'll definitely buy this, I've been looking forward to it for a while. I was just talking with a friend about it, he's just as excited, I think these are going to sell well at $30.

knightone
04-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll definitely be getting a few sets of these. Lightsabers are the only things I try and collect as many of as I can I think this is the neatest and coolest saber toy that has ever come along. It's a really good idea. I just need this and I need to find a Shaak Ti 12" and I'll be set as far as the ROTS wave of toys. Eh, who am I kidding? I'm sure something else will catch my eye before the summer is over. :D

beckmen
04-26-2005, 04:08 PM
OK, on second thought...

If I continue down the road I am going, where I am reverting back to childhood, maybe I will buy one of these things. But I am still a few months away from that ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I've been excited about this for a long time, so I'll pick it up as soon as it comes out. Especially since it's $30, that's like two lightsabers, but there's so much more stuff! EE originally said that it'd be $40, so this is nice.

knightone
04-27-2005, 04:32 PM
OK, on second thought...

If I continue down the road I am going, where I am reverting back to childhood, maybe I will buy one of these things. But I am still a few months away from that ;)

Might as well turn to the dark side. ;)

We are already collecting action figures and toy spaceships. You might as well take the next step and swing a lightsaber around. You can't imagine how oddly therapeutic it is. :D

beckmen
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I have Rubies sabers and cheap samurai swords that I sometimes swing around...

knightone
04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I have Rubies sabers and cheap samurai swords that I sometimes swing around...

You need something withh sound effects.

Heck, just skip the Hasbro sabers and go straight to a MR FX saber!

Veers
04-28-2005, 10:12 PM
I hope it comes out soon.

Bossk77
06-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know if you can combine two kits and make a maul saber? I see the parts are in there to do it potentally. Anyone?

plokoon421
06-05-2005, 02:38 AM
I just saw this, its incredible. I can't believe people aren't screaming about this already. This thing looks ridiculous. The custom possibilities aren insane. I am already planning the yellow lens for a proper Plo Koon blade. What does everyone else think about it??
JmasterREN
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=218&ID=15823&PG=1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It feels like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!" > Captain Murphy

darthvyn
06-05-2005, 08:59 AM
that does look really cool! it's too bad they didn't have more color lenses included... a purple one would've made a lot of sense since we actually saw one on screen. maybe if you put the blue lense in the handle with the red telescoping blade it will look purple when you turn it on?

but, why IS there a red blade when you have a red lense? i'm not too familiar with recent lightsaber play props, the last ones i got were the potj luke and vader from a while ago, so is there a reason for the red blade when there's already a clear one?

EDIT

i found this site selling it too...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/dragonballzcentral/starwarsultimatelightsaberkit.html

the pic looks like the third lense IS purple! that's cool! funny how hasbro's own site is selling it for $30, while this other site is selling it for $50! :rolleyes:

i wonder if you can put multiple lenses in to create more colors...

Bacta Beast
06-05-2005, 04:19 PM
the pic looks like the third lense IS purple!

That's just because the blue lense is setting behind it. I saw this set firsthand in Indianapolis so I can verify it's red. But I don't see why a person couldn't load them that way.

Bacta Beast
06-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I am already planning the yellow lens for a proper Plo Koon blade. What does everyone else think about it??

Plo, I'm curious why you say the "proper" color for Plo Koon's saber is yellow. I know the figure had a yellow blade, but that didn't seem to be the case in the movie. I'm just wondering if there was something in the novels or the visual dictionary or something that led you to believe that. I just figured the action figure version was a mistake between Hasbro & Lucasfilm.

plokoon421
06-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Plo, I'm curious why you say the "proper" color for Plo Koon's saber is yellow. I know the figure had a yellow blade, but that didn't seem to be the case in the movie. I'm just wondering if there was something in the novels or the visual dictionary or something that led you to believe that. I just figured the action figure version was a mistake between Hasbro & Lucasfilm.

Well I always liked the first Plo Koon fig the best, and i especially loved the yellow lightsaber. I was dissapointed when they (Hasbro or Lucas) changed it. He was one of the only Jedi that had a truly unque color. The insert that came with the first fig said this "Lightsaber: precisely crafted and carefully maintained, Plo Koon's lightsaber utilizes a rare power crystal giving it a unique yellow glow."

Then his AOTC fig came with a blue saber and again blue with ROTS. Maybe there is a comic or novel that dealt with him losing his unique yellow blade.

JMASTERren________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ ________________

"It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"> Captain Murphy

Portlyman
06-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Are all the parts plastic, or are the most vital parts of the hilt some kind of metal?

Bacta Beast
06-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Plastic. Hasbro's not that cool.

JediTricks
06-06-2005, 11:21 PM
I doubt it, I think the ends wouldn't be compatible because they'd each be made to accomodate the end pieces, so they couldn't screw together, you have to put the sabers end-to-end so the emitters would face outwards. It's a good idea though, I hope I'm wrong.

S3PO
06-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Do the blades retract all the way into the hilt like the Rubies sabers or will they be the same as the regular release Hasbro sabers?

JediTricks
06-08-2005, 05:53 PM
I am certain they won't fully retract, but like the Ep 1 Maul electronic saber, the blades are removable so you can display it as an "off" saber that way.

ronhudy
06-08-2005, 06:00 PM
I doubt it, I think the ends wouldn't be compatible because they'd each be made to accomodate the end pieces, so they couldn't screw together, you have to put the sabers end-to-end so the emitters would face outwards. It's a good idea though, I hope I'm wrong.

I think you're probably right. It only comes with a single light bulb as well, so I think that gives it away...

For those of you who want to take "custom" a step further, there's lots of sources you can go to for colored "gels" or lenses, that with a little modification, could be made to fit. Here's one example:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=dj/search?c=5019

LusiferSam
06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I've not been to into the ROTS stuff, but this is one item that's on my to buy list. I love the role lightsabers and Hasbro has just out done itself on this one. The amount that you mix and match this thing more than makes up for the missing features. I can't wait.

JediTricks
07-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know if you can combine two kits and make a maul saber? I see the parts are in there to do it potentally. Anyone?I dunno if this is about combining 2 kits or just attaching the other blade, but the box back[/url] does say "use the adapter to enable double-bladed action": [url]http://www.yakface.com/clavius/ultimatesaber2.jpg (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=103882;category_id=324)

DiminutiveJedi
07-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Kit only has one bulb. I think it means you can buy two and blend them together.
Purple can be achieved by putting a blue filter under a red blade.
The only thing this kit can't do is curve.

plasticfetish
07-03-2005, 06:02 AM
Saw these on the shelf at TRU today (for $35 I think) and it looks like tons of fun. My kid's gonna flip when he sees this thing.

JediTricks
07-04-2005, 12:36 AM
DJ, I suspect they mean that the red blade goes on the non-lit end.

DiminutiveJedi
07-05-2005, 01:00 AM
That makes enough sence. It explains why there's a red filter and a solid red blade.
I've never been called DJ before... I better jazz it up, so no one think's im the eldest sister on Full House. Call me DJ Yoda. Like, if the li'l guy hosted parties.

JediTricks
07-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Sorry, I won't use "DJ" anymore, it's just a heck of a lot easier than typing your username out. ;) And "DimJedi" doesn't seem so good either. :stupid: :p

DiminutiveJedi
07-06-2005, 01:36 AM
I was merely kidding. DJ is fine. I understand the inconvenience caused by my long username. If you've never heard someone add syllables to your name, you don't need to shorten it. The decision was made by the guy who said DiminustativeJedi.
Honestly, I make no secret that my name is Larry.

Back to the lightsaber discussion.
I think it would be better for the gimmick if you had to buy two kits for double-bladed action. However, it would probably be better for kids to have a cheap way to reproduce the effect.
I hope it can do both!