PDA

View Full Version : DVD, VHS or both?

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 04:34 PM
When they release Episode II on video, will they just bring out a VHS first or both? I thought the timing with the PPhantom Menace DVD was perfect.

sith_killer_99
01-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Yeah, the EP1 DVD release was perfect.

Perfect for George to make more MONEY that is!

I remember, when I first bought my DVD player. I swore to myself that I would NEVER buy another VHS tape again!!!

George made me break that promise.

It is the ONLY time I ever had to break that promise. That's right, I haven't bought a VHS tape since EP1.

But the point is, I never should have had to buy the darn thing to begin with!!! George SHOULD have given us the DVD when the movie hit stores. But in his effort to milk SW for a few more million, he decided to WAIT.

Seeing as how we STILL don't have the OT on DVD I would say that George will WAIT to crank out EP2 on DVD. So that he can make a few more million.

And just like EP1, he will tell us that it's for our own good. Then he will throw a few bones our way and expect us to be happy about spending money on a VHS tape that we will watch for 1-2 years, then pretty much throw it away when we spend more money to buy the DVD.

He will then repeat this formula for EP3!

Then, around 2009 he will finally release the OT on DVD. Heck, he could go on milking the movies for the rest of his life.

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 05:37 PM
I also swore never to buy a VHS again, except for 4, they are, EpII Pan'n'Scan, and Widescreen and EpIII Pan'n'Scan and Widescreen I will also buy the DVD's. This is because I get all Star Wars videos just for collection!
I've got over 20 Star Wars video's including 4 versions of the trilogy, three versions of Episode I and 4 versions of Return Of The Jedi.

PloKoon2385
01-08-2002, 05:48 PM
I think they will release VHS first and I, of course, will buy it. Then I will buy the DVD when it is released a year later.....:(

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Yes, good for you!
I'm with you!

Rollo Tomassi
01-08-2002, 06:38 PM
AOTC comes out on DVD August 26th, 2002. Don't know when the VHS comes out...do they still make VHS?!?!:rolleyes: ;)

Obi-Don
01-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Me to ,I'll buy the tape then the DVD.Its the way of the force[force you to buy both].

Magnolia-Fan
01-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
AOTC comes out on DVD August 26th, 2002. Don't know when the VHS comes out...do they still make VHS?!?!:rolleyes: ;)

That sounds a little too soon after the theatrical release (not that I'd complain). Where did you hear that date.

btw: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER STAR WARS MOVIE ON OUTDATED, PERISHABLE MAGNETIC TAPE AGAIN!.

GNT
01-09-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
But the point is, I never should have had to buy the darn thing to begin with!!! George SHOULD have given us the DVD when the movie hit stores. But in his effort to milk SW for a few more million, he decided to WAIT.

He was busy doing things for AOTC!!!!!!!He cant do every thing at once you know!

Co Jo-Da
01-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Both if you ask me...DVD (living room) for when I crank up the surround sound and **** off my all my neighbors and VHS (bedroom) for when I want to watch it before I fall asleep.

Jargo
01-09-2002, 01:07 PM
VHS for when my nephew comes round and I have to put something on the TV screen to shut him up. And DVD for my own viewing pleasure. Although I still don't own a DVD player yet so haven't even seen any of the episode one 'treats'. Maybe I won't until I have all the three DVD's and finally get round to buyinf a player.

I'll kind of buy the movies in whatever format whenever released in the same way that I buy the toys - just pay and unwrap and toss into a corner with the rest. Then when I'm in the mood I drag stuff out and enjoy. Then when I'm done I throw it all in the corner again until next time..... :D

Actually that last paragraph isn't true at all. I'm just the fool who is easily parted from his money....... :(