PDA

View Full Version : Legion

Blackened88
04-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't really think this has to do with Ep. III but how big is a Legion? How many Clone or Stormtroopers?

Slicker
04-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I just watched Jedi the other day and wondered this myself. I googled it after watching the movie and found that in the Roman army a Legion was approx. 5,000 soldiers which comes out to be roughly half a division by American armed forces standards. You'd think that if the Emperor had forseen the Shield Generator being attacked he'd have sent more men.:confused:

Blackened88
04-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Really, an entire Legion of his best men would definitely not be enough or safe enough for me, I would definitely of sent down more men. I actually have a problem with that, what happened to the AT-ATs that were there? I feel that if they were present at the battle the Empire would of surely won. Hey thanks Slicker

Hellboy
04-26-2005, 08:50 PM
The AT-AT's wouldn't have been able to get to the shield bunker due to the density of the forest surrounding the area. Even though we do see them on the forest moon of Endor I think its safe to assume that they were limited to moving around the landing platform and other less dense areas of the forests.

Pendo
04-27-2005, 05:24 AM
Really, an entire Legion of his best men would definitely not be enough or safe enough for me, I would definitely of sent down more men. I actually have a problem with that, what happened to the AT-ATs that were there? I feel that if they were present at the battle the Empire would of surely won. Hey thanks Slicker
Surely the AT-ATs wouldn't have made much difference in the Battle of Endor. Don't forget, the Ewoks only have to throw stones at it and they'd win :rolleyes::crazed:.

PENDO!

Blackened88
04-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Good one Pendo :D

vader121
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Also, condider the probably fact that in the ROTJ Endor battle scenes we do not see every single troop, etc. amassed outside the secret entrance. Probably many inside the bunker/station and others perhaps on patrols in other areas and manning the At Ats and other ships, etc.

Slicker
04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Also the Emperor says "And entire legion of my best men AWAITS them" perhaps only 5,000 men were waiting to fight the rebels and they may have several thousand more troops on patrol, as stated above, such as the scout troopers and the like.

Rocketboy
04-29-2005, 02:25 PM
A legion would have been plenty for the "small band of rebels," as the movie says.
Actually, without the cuddly merchandising factor, a legion was probably overkill.