PDA

View Full Version : "What happens in Indy, stays in Indy..." - The SSG Posse!

JEDIpartner
04-25-2005, 09:26 PM
First of all... here's the biggest scoop of the whole event. Tycho and I get along just fine! :p For all those who thought otherwise, you've been proven wrong!

Secondly... I have to say that meeting up with those infamous few who were able to take time from their busy schedules of standing in line to hang out was just amazing.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Should we ever forget our server Andrew at Houlihan's or "adult human Milhouse"? :D Seriously, Andrew really took care of us on our first night together. Maybe I'll get around to posting a picture of "Mihouse" sometime.

One BIG thanks to Amy, Jorge, Barry and the rest of the crew at Master Replicas. You are a good group of people and I hope we meet again.

"These are the days of the end and also of friendships beginning and deepening..."

Thank you to you all!

I already miss you guys...

The SSG Posse (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Silly%20Pictures/TheSSGPosse.jpg)

p.s. - "Dar, maybe you shouldn't stand like that..." ;)

QLD
04-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks for posting that group pic JediPartner!

I must say, it was a pleasure to meet you, and everyone else. I wish I had been able to make dinner with you guys, but my wife was in a miserable mood this weekend because of the lines and the weather. But, definately glad to meet everyone!

JEDIpartner
04-25-2005, 09:46 PM
It was great meeting you, friend! I'm glad the picture of our motley little band came out!!!

JetsAndHeels
04-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey guys, that is a great picture there!! I really wish I could have made it out, but Steve and co. did a great job covering the event here.
Glad you all had a good time together.

JON9000
04-25-2005, 10:36 PM
So who's who, L to R?

Ji'dai
04-25-2005, 10:47 PM
From that thread title, I was expecting some gossip about who scored over the weekend ;)

Handsome bunch. I figured there'd be more :beard:s for some reason :D

The 'Xir
04-26-2005, 12:34 AM
So who's who, L to R?

From L to R Bottom row-- Sirsteve(Steve-blueshirt), Dar' Argol(shawn), Scuffziller(Mike), JediPartner(Dale-jedirobes), Dr.Evazan(Ari)
L to R Back Row -- (sorry buddy forgot first on left), Tycho(Josh), CoolJoe(Pat?), Me=The 'Xir(Brent), Lowly Bantha Cleaner(Scott), and the one the only...L.I.M.P!!! aka QLD(akaRoss)

From that thread title, I was expecting some gossip about who scored over the weekend ;)

Handsome bunch. I figured there'd be more :beard:s for some reason :D

Well you already know about JP/Tycho! ;) lol but just ask Tycho about BRAANNNNDYEEEE! And for a older Hot milf from Jordan, Sarii wasn't too bad either! :cool:

And as far as the :beard: what are you talking about 6 out of the 11 guys in the photo are sporting them! :D :beard:

It was a great time all around though, I loved meeting all you guys, and we gotta get even more out for/if/when CIV happens!!! ;)

2-1B
04-26-2005, 12:42 AM
I have never seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :D

Looks and sounds like it was a great time, damnit I wish I would have gone ! ! !

The 'Xir
04-26-2005, 01:16 AM
We all talked about ya! Ya shoulda been there! :dis: Next time! :classic:

Kidhuman
04-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Awesome pic, like it was said, it isnt a party with out me....wish I could have made it.

Tycho
04-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Oh yes.....Brandy :kiss:

2-1B
04-26-2005, 02:03 AM
I would have been shy meeting you guys. I'm shy around new people and I don't think I could live up to my forums rep. :D

I would have needed the gentle hands of JP and LIMP to ease me into the experience. :crazed:

And as for SirSteve, did that guy even go to the convention ? I bet he was out hitting on the finest ladies of Indy, what a pimp ! :beard:

CooLJoE
04-26-2005, 02:39 AM
Thanks for posting the pic Dale (JediPartnr). I had a great time hanging out with you guys and putting faces with names.

BTW, Xir, the unnamed person at left is my buddy. He goes by Farlow78 (although that may change in the future).

Tonysmo
04-26-2005, 04:25 AM
The shot from outside the costume hall -

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11818&cat=500&page=1

:D

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 11:01 AM
We're a handsome bunch, aren't we?

I'll be getting that picture of Tycho and Brandy up on the site.

Then there's that picture of me and Tycho makin' nice... Not like that! Not like that!!!! :crazed:

Dar' Argol
04-26-2005, 12:16 PM
JEDIpartnr, good job with the title here. I couldn't get on last night, my wife wanted to go out to dinner . . . couldn't keep it under $20 though Ari . . . . he he he!

This was my first Celebration and let me tell you, aside from all the lines . . and the lines . . . and there were the lines . . . . . did I mention Lines??? Anyways, aside from that I think, and I'm sure most of you will agree, that some of the BEST times were all of us hanging out! And the last time at Champs Sports Bar with Steve and all of us who could go and the great, GREAT people at Master Replicas, that to me was THE way to end Celebration 3.

It was great to finally put a face to a post and I want to thank everyone who took the time to come down, even if for a little bit. That's what makes this community, IMHO, one of the best out there!

But I think I do live up to my board rep as a crazy person . . . . . JEDIpartnr and Tycho can attest to that.

Nice comment therer JEDIpartnr . . he he he . . . don't worry, the elephants and sheep are comming :D

ITS A TRAP!!!!!!

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 12:41 PM
I'll have to do some checking for some pics of old flannel master himself so we can get that "other" project going, too! :D

scruffziller
04-26-2005, 12:44 PM
It's too bad I couldn't smile very much in the pics, I had Bell's palsy some years back and my smile looks really goofy, so I will do it here.:D But yea, I think Dar had a little too much to drink, he was laughing his fool arse off at Houlihans. Although, JP, 'Xir, my brother and I had some interesting conversations on the other side of the table. It was a real good time!! By the way JP, how much was that box of calamari?:sur:

CAESAR- We certainly were thinking of you when we attended the Rick McCallum Spectacular. What sort of heckling do you think you would have done if you were there?

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 12:59 PM
The Calamari...? $7.99, I believe. Love that stuff, man!

scruffziller
04-26-2005, 01:02 PM

Wow, that was pretty cheap from what I was thinking. I thought it might have been a $30 appetizer.

Tycho
04-26-2005, 01:08 PM

I plan to get some at Wal-Mart for only $5.24.

I may sniff it, but I need the little critters for my dioramas, so I won't be eating them. :crazed:

stillakid
04-26-2005, 01:15 PM
And as for SirSteve, did that guy even go to the convention ? I bet he was out hitting on the finest ladies of Indy, what a pimp ! :beard:

Like these corn-fed hotties?:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11002

Dar' Argol
04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
But yea, I think Dar had a little too much to drink, he was laughing his fool arse off at Houlihans.

Sad part was Scruff . . . I didn't have anything to Drink :eek:. That's just me naturally :D.

I just want to know why Tycho went for the old lady Sunday night???? he he heh

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 01:17 PM
OMG!!! You got a picture of them?!!! I was trying to get a pic of them on Thursday so I could have them hang out with Skankin' Sam!!! :crazed:

It never ceases to amaze me what you'll stick up your nose, Tycho! ;)

What was her name...? Donna? Doris? I tried talking to her but she acted like I had grown three heads in front of her eyes so I stopped. That gave me a chance to hang out with some of the MR people anyhow...

Dar' Argol
04-26-2005, 01:25 PM

AHHHHHHHHH!!! I saw those two walk by when we were in Shake n Steak. I almost lost my lunch!!

What was her name...? Donna? Doris? I tried talking to her but she acted like I had grown three heads in front of her eyes so I stopped. That gave me a chance to hang out with some of the MR people anyhow...

I think that was it. Poor Bruce got the short end of that stick there. I think she liked him :D

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 01:47 PM
He said he felt bad that people really didn't talk with her. B*tch, you know I TRIED, okay!!! :p

Tycho
04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
When I came downstairs after meeting the Master Replicas group she was hanging out by all of you guys and she looked a little lost, so I asked her what she was doing.

She said she had come from the convention and was now sad that it was all over. She seemed lonely. We're ALL Star Wars fans, so I said "hey - come on over to Hard Times with us." I think that made her feel better. I didn't really get a reading on her, I'd barely talked to her. **Brandy was more my type ;) **

Anyway, since you never know who reads our boards (because they are collectors or why-ever) we want to post nice things about people - especially if it's obvious they went to a lot of trouble to make detailed costumes and tried so hard to look right.

SirStevesGuide.com is a major site. People that may not POST in the forums, might read them. Remember that guys.

Dar' Argol
04-26-2005, 03:20 PM

I was more hanging around this :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-26-2005, 03:43 PM
It's too bad I couldn't smile very much in the pics, I had Bell's palsy some years back and my smile looks really goofy, so I will do it here.:D

That makes two of us Scruff. :) I think that in nearly every photo that exists with me in it, I am either appearing drunk, high or sporting an infamous forced cheesy-looking half-smile. Couple the fact that I am skinny and I come out looking like a stoned cadaver. Case in point, the photos from the event.

The first meeting of SSGers at Houhilans was classic and lasted for hours. Our waiter/ress Andrew (or was it SandreW?) kept punchlines going all night (but seriously, he did an excellent job). We shared stories of our experiences at the event and in collecting in general. It was truly great to see everyone who attended. I am sorry that I did miss the second meeting on Sunday but I was still glad to see and meet the guys at least once.

dr_evazan22
04-26-2005, 04:05 PM

There were a number of individuals whose body type might not have fit perfectly with their costumes, but the great thing about it is it shows the spirit of fandom! I hope they all had a great time!

I was more hanging around this

I hear ya there Dar! (it feels a little wierd going back to these names)

:frustrated: Having trouble adding a pic. I've shrunk it down, but it says the file is the same size. :frustrated:

dr_evazan22
04-26-2005, 04:06 PM
BTW- my group photo's from Sun night didn't come out (although I do have one of Brandy!), so if any of you guys can email me a copy that would be sweet!

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah! I can get that out to you! No problem...!

rust
04-26-2005, 04:55 PM
I serosuly woulda looked out of place if I got into that picture. I still wish I coulda met y'all.

dr_evazan22
04-26-2005, 05:11 PM
What? you'd be the normal guy with the bunch of freaks 'n' geeks? lol

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Likely, yes! LOL

Here's a link to the PICTURE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Star%20Wars/154.jpg) you requested, Ari-- erhm... I mean, "Doc"! ;)

How's the old voice, "Admiral"? :D

scruffziller
04-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Who is all in the pic JP that wasn't there on Friday Night at Houlihans/Hyatt Lobby?

dr_evazan22
04-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Back row is Tycho, Bruce (JP's friend), JEDIpartnr, Dar and Doc Evazan.

Front row is my bro Hans, his friend Chris, Jedi Master Sal's fiance (sorry Sal, forgot her name), uh... Sal, 'Xir, and Darth Grifter.

Great pic. and taking the pic was none other then the very pretty Brandy.

Ji'dai
04-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Did any of you guys happen to see this young lady? I'd like to see a bigger pic of her and her imaginative Stormtrooper armor. The ranks of 501st never looked so good!

:drool: <=we need a drool icon if this doesn't work

EDIT: I found one...

dr_evazan22
04-26-2005, 10:58 PM
The pic I was trying to attach earlier was one with her and I. I also need to get you one of the Baroness.

Dar' Argol
04-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Did any of you guys happen to see this young lady? I'd like to see a bigger pic of her and her imaginative Stormtrooper armor. The ranks of 501st never looked so good!

You mean one like this???

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/4245/celebration32367rq.jpg

And guys remember when I said my daughter would be estatic when she saw the lightsaber . . well that's her.:D

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/4608/jedihailey5xz.jpg

JP - voice is still gone . . . . . ITS A TRAAAAAP!!! :D

stillakid
04-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Great pic. and taking the pic was none other then the very pretty Brandy.

So where's the picture of the now infamous Brandy? :cool:

bobafrett
04-27-2005, 12:56 AM

Just so you all know, that is not an 501st accepted costume, but it sure looks good on here, with the exception of the cod piece, my good is she really John Holmes?

Dang it, I really wanted to be there. :cry:

CooLJoE
04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I got a big picture of her posing. Was one of the last ones I took.

BTW, where is the pic of Brandy. I didn't get to meet her or Tonysmo at Celebration.

Here are some Slave Leias and the Stormtrooper hottie:

Stormtrooper Chic (http://specialed.no-ip.com/C3pics/stormtrooper%20chic.jpg)
Slave Leia #1 (http://specialed.no-ip.com/C3pics/slave%20leia%201.jpg)
Slave Leia #2 (http://specialed.no-ip.com/C3pics/slave%20leia%202.jpg)
5 Slave Leias in group shot (http://specialed.no-ip.com/C3pics/slave%20leias.jpg)

Darth Grifter
04-27-2005, 02:17 AM
ah, i was reminicing today with some friends at home about the good times we had on sunday night and it wasn't the same...my friends at home (and even the wife) wouldn't get that into the stories about all the SSGers getting together...it was definitely the greatest night for me, and it was totally a blast hanging out with you guys! although i seemed a little distracted at the post hard times bar in the hyatt (clears throat), i truly enjoyed meeting you all and feel like i have a huge new batch of friends! i've got some good pictures but they're not on my comp yet...hopefully tomorrow...

"it's a trap..." man, i'm still laughing just thinking about that.

"the old lady that tycho brought..." just funny! sweet, but still funny!

"brandy" ah, the waitress that just couldn't...how easy is a jack and coke and chicken strips?!?! the good dr.'s brother and i were joking that i would be the last one served and sure enough, she forgot my drink, brought me a regular coke, then served my easy chicken strips last!

"the MR crew"...cool to chill with...

"the japanesse press" need i say more...:cool:

jjreason
04-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Great thread, wonderful story guys. Having been on a number of roadies myself (we call them "courses" where I work :D ), and having watched the shenanigans that take place - I've been having a ball trying to read between the lines and imagine what was going on in Indy last weekend. ;)

It's really excellent that you had some time together, I would have given quite a lot to have enjoyed it all with you. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet a few of you at the San Diego Comic Con this July.

dr_evazan22
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Here are some Slave Leias and the Stormtrooper hottie:

I said yesterday about the 2 "corn-fed" Twi's that Stilla (I think it was him) showed a pic of, that it was a great display of fandom. They were just kind of generic chaacters.

Now the Slave Leia in the group shot....? C'mon now. I'm not trying to be mean but you don't have the body for it. There was also a rather corpulent Vader there (I don't have a pic), he could EASILY have come as Darth Tater and beena riot!

Tycho
04-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Maybe I'll get a chance to meet a few of you at the San Diego Comic Con this July.

Yes you will. San Diego is my home planet town.

Steve and I will be there covering Comic Con and there's also a thread in this forum listing who will attend comic con 2005 I believe. (if not, start one).

We'll trade a phone contact list once everybody that's going is confirmed.

I'll say this about Comic Con: they sell out of EVERY hotel room in my town. Book a reservation now even if there's the slightest chance you may attend, otherwise you will not be able to get even a motel 8 within 20-25 miles of the show here. I'm not kidding.

stillakid
04-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Yes you will. San Diego is my home planet town.

Steve and I will be there covering Comic Con and there's also a thread in this forum listing who will attend comic con 2005 I believe. (if not, start one).

We'll trade a phone contact list once everybody that's going is confirmed.

I'll say this about Comic Con: they sell out of EVERY hotel room in my town. Book a reservation now even if there's the slightest chance you may attend, otherwise you will not be able to get even a motel 8 within 20-25 miles of the show here. I'm not kidding.

And parking...parking is horrendous. Drive if you must, but plan on walking the last few miles anyway. Find a bus or take a cab.

JEDIpartner
04-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey, Admiral...!!! Did you see the pictures of the Pope I posted in the looneybin?

I've got a picture of Brandy... :)

Dar' Argol
04-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey, Admiral...!!! Did you see the pictures of the Pope I posted in the looneybin?

I've got a picture of Brandy... :)

LMAO!!! Am I going to be referred to now as "Admiral"??? That is TOO FUNNY!!! I wonder if I can get a custom title . . . . hmmmm . . . . and no I didn't but I will check shortly!

Post Brandy JP! post BRANDY!!! :D

JJR - Oh, there is plenty more to read between the lines . . . . I'll have to upload a pic of the Good Dr. and Tycho with our wonderful Friday's Manager who we got a round of drinks on her! And besides . . as Tycho now famously said" What Happens in Indy, Stays in Indy!" . . . . he's never gonna live that one down . . . . lol! Ahhh . . here we go:

http://img17.echo.cx/img17/4387/celebration32444au.jpg

Need I say more???

JP, you also gotta post the adult real Milhouse! I have a pic or Yarna around somewhere . . .

jedi master sal
04-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey, fellas!

Sorry it took so long for me to post in this thread.

It was most excellent meeting you guys.

We need to post more pictures!

Ahem, especially the incriminating ones...(What happens in Indy, doesn't neccessarily stay in Indy...Unless Tycho pays us off handsomely...ha ha)

Oh and Xir, I want those e-mails! You know what I mean...

The dinner at Fridays was good, once we finally got it. Nice of the manager to pay for the first round. Heck I couldn't pass up that opportunity and had to get the "Ultimate Long Island Ice Tea".

We never really got the chance to play Texas Hold 'Em. Ah well, we'll have to plan for that at C4.

Partying with the MR people (Master Replicas) was a ton of fun! Jorge, Amy and Barry were a blast. I didn't really get to meet any of the rest of them, though there was about 6-8 more of them at the impromptu party.

Amy was sweet. Jorge was cool (Rainbow stormtrooper, Dale, er um JEDIpartnr). And Barry, well, he's one of a kind! You should here his take on ROTJ...nuff said.

We gots LOTS of info about what's coming down the pike from MR. We just took an oath with Steve not to let it get around though. But one thing I will say is MR seems to have its act together and later this year and next year, we're going to be getting some EXCELLENT stuff.

IIRC, dr_evazan22, you were the guy with short hair and glasses who posed with Tycho and "Brandi" right? Man, all I kept thinking was he seems familiar. Then it hit me last night. He looks like the guy from Raiders of the Lost Ark (see attached pic-last guy on the right)

Well, I gotta run fellas. Oh and didn't someone say that Aayla Secura sucks???

-Sal

The 'Xir
04-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh and Xir, I want those e-mails! You know what I mean... -Sal

Now whatever do you mean Sal?!!! :evil: :D Tycho can keep Brandy, and Sarii(sp?) I'll stick with Shannon and Lynne, although I'll have Brandy too before Tycho knows what hit'im! :D :cool: Besides Sal, aren't you MARRIED!!! ;) :p We gotta watch you Italian guys from Blitzburg! :D

I got some pics too, but I haven't proccessed them yet! Give me a week or two!

Dar' Argol
04-27-2005, 11:22 PM
IIRC, dr_evazan22, you were the guy with short hair and glasses who posed with Tycho and "Brandi" right? Man, all I kept thinking was he seems familiar. Then it hit me last night. He looks like the guy from Raiders of the Lost Ark (see attached pic-last guy on the right)

-Sal

you know, I could have sworen someone said that . . he he he.

Anywho did you notice that Dr Evazan22's brother looked like the Shaun from Shaun of the Dead??? I don't have a pic handy, bu I'm sure someone does :D

Good to hear from you Sal!!

Alright 'Xir . . . spill it, who's Shannon and Lynne???

Here's another Pic, this one is for El Chuxster :D

Darth Grifter
04-28-2005, 12:57 AM
shannon and lynne were the two hotties who were with us at houlihans...they were kind of on our end of the table...we figured you had the lady tycho brought, and we had the nice young ladies at our end...hehe

oh yeah, sal, i've heard amy allen does suck...:D:D:D

The 'Xir
04-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Yep!!! Now I have to admit, because I'm a brunette fan, I thought Shannon was a little hotter than Lynne, but both were really cool and It's great to know that hot single women are/were into Star Wars just as much as all of us here... and why I'll never give up their emails!!! HA HA HA HAAA!!! :evil: j/k :p :D

The 'Xir
04-28-2005, 01:14 AM

-Sal

LOFL!!! Sal that is tooooo funny! I gotta admit Doc, I know what he means! I think we gotta check Doc's palms for hot medallion burned scars! :crazed: lol

Tycho
04-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Hey, I was the one who arranged for you guys to get a round of drinks free by the manager!

So you guys take that back: Aayla Secura (Amy Allen) does not suck! (well, not if we're talking about sucking as a character or a hottie actress anyway).

I love Amy Allen. She's a sweetheart and a friend of a friends. I'll post my picture with her shortly. You guys will see how nice she was to stay late and hang out with her fans.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2005, 09:24 AM
I can't believe we were there a week ago!!!! Gaaaahhhhhh!!!

dr_evazan22
04-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Damn you Sal! I thought I would never be discovered. If you guys remember hearing a story in the news froma couple years ago, I was the first person to undergo a hand transplant, so that hand even has different DNA and fingerprints!

Dar - What the hell was I doing in that pic? You need to take that down. lol

dr_evazan22
04-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Can someone give me a web addy for free image hosting?

Kidhuman
04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
this (www.photobucket.com) is the one I use

jedi master sal
04-28-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm not married, just engaged. Though she won't correct people if they say otherwise. Hey I can look can't I...

And Aayla Secura does suck!

It's amazing how Tycho's night went Sunday. First he hits on Brandy the waitress (got nowhere, BTW), then Dale (we've got pictures-ha ha), then the Manager (while hot was a bit old for him, IMHO-ha ha), then there's that old lady from Houston...I think he had his best shot there, but Dar' Argol had her wrapped up. Well in so far as, he couldn't remember who the two ladies were that sat with us...It's a trap!

Man, Tycho was all over the map that night. Guess he's building more than just figure armies up. Now he's going for the "hook-up" army building...ha ha.

And Aayla still sucks...heh heh

Oh and dr_evazan22, you look pretty good for a guy who was liquified by the power of God...(Not that good though...ha ha)

Xir, what do you think I'm going to do with those e-mails??? I just want to tell Shannon what a lovely time I had looking....er I mean talking to her. She was hot, huh?

-Sal

Tycho
04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Sal you're a one-armed Wampa!

JEDIpartner
04-28-2005, 12:52 PM
:p

Bruce really enjoyed hanging with you guys. He said "The Admiral" had him in stitches!

I am so crabby today because I keep thinking about how much fun we were all having a week ago. I'm also crabby 'cos Jedi Drew found the Target SA Clones and didn't get me one!!!! I'm holding your C3 Vader hostage, dude!!!! ;)

jedi master sal
04-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Sal you're a one-armed Wampa!

Is that the best you can come up with?

I've farted better insults than that...

-Sal

dr_evazan22
04-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks KH.

Here are a couple pics...

Saw this while in line on Thurs
Gungan Go Home! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3007-1.jpg)

JP and Tycho getting close at Fridays
Tycho you horny dog (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3002.jpg)

Back, L- R: LBC, 'Xir, and Scruff's bro Matt
Front: the false doctor, Tonysmo, and Scruff
Outside the Costume Contest (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3175-1.jpg)

Ahh, the women...
Padme in MIL* disguise (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C371-1.jpg)

Beautiful tan, great costume, pretty girl
Picnic Padme (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3016-1.jpg)

Dar' Argol
04-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I love Amy Allen. She's a sweetheart and a friend of a friends. I'll post my picture with her shortly. You guys will see how nice she was to stay late and hang out with her fans.

Jeez this is starting to sound familiar . . . does your sister go to school with Nataile Portman and you're going out on a date with her??? ;)

THAT'S who those 2 girls were . . . yeah, unfortunatly Bruce and I were "cornered" down there. But Doc and I were talking to one of the MR dudes as well . . poor Bruce . . . . I keep thinking of Monty Python everytime I think of his name, "G'Day Bruce!" he he he . . he needs to sign up JP!

Dar - What the hell was I doing in that pic? You need to take that down. lol

NEVER!!!! Its better then the one picking your nose . . lol . . . kidding :D

So anyway back to the girls . . . . Aayla Secura does suck . . . .

And where is SirSteve at??? You know for a guy who pops into a thread and leaves his famous 2-3 word posts, he sure does talk a lot in person . .. he hehe :D

You know, I've had to edit this darn thing like 3 times cause I kept finding typos and such . . . . thanx JP . . .

JetsAndHeels
04-28-2005, 05:21 PM

You are right, Amy is great. She was at a toy show here in 2003 and I got a Saga fig of her signed. She took alot of time to talk to us and share her experience in the movie. Above everything else, she acted like meeting fans was a delight, and she seemed to actually be interested in being there (unlike some actors).

Darth Grifter
04-28-2005, 08:11 PM
ah, i was unlucky with amy allen. although i did get a pic signed and to talk to her for a brief moment, i was desperately upstaged by this little girl (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/uploads/2414/DSC_1000.jpg), who was adorable and couldn't contain herself once she saw amy. amy totally shuffled me to the side and broke out her video camera to tape this little leia...oh well...like i said, she sucks...:D

Beautiful tan, great costume, pretty girl
Picnic Padme (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3016-1.jpg)
man, that girl was hot! i saw her walking around too...didn't get the model shot like you dr...wow!

CaptainSolo1138
04-28-2005, 10:23 PM
It's weird to see what all you people look like! Not a one looks anything like I had imagined!!

dr_evazan22
04-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Don't tell me you don't look in the "Post A Pic" thread....

You know, I've had to edit this darn thing like 3 times cause I kept finding typos and such . . . . thanx JP . . .

Hey Admiral, if you have such a problem with your spelling and typo's maybe you should just close Theed until you get it right.

I thought I had gotten the same girl outside the autograph hall
Little Leia (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3076-1.jpg)

Then there was this cutie
Little Jedi (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3241-1.jpg)

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Those little kids rock.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Seeing all these posts makes me wish I could've stayed longer at Houlihan's. Sorry I couldn't meet up on Sunday, but we left at about 3:30 to start going home! Every one I met was so nice in person.

And man, there were some seriously hot girls at the convention! I was really surprised. SW fans aren't just males after all. :D

QLD
04-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I wish I had gone to Houlihans. And on Sunday, I fell asleep in the hotel, and missed the TGI Friday's meeting. :(

El Chuxter
04-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Ye gods, that is a cool Kit costume!! :D

I wish I could've made it, but my good friend Snigtad was at the show and said it was boring. Actually, I think his exact words were "This is as boreing as a Bare Naked Ladies concert." He's still peeved about finding out they were neither barenaked nor ladies. :crazed:

As for ComicCon, do not drive if you can at all help it. It's a zoo, and parking is pretty expensive. I haven't tried out the little train thingy they have there, but it stops right next to the Con, so I'll probably be using it to get there this time around.

dr_evazan22
04-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Believe me, if you SSG'ers weren't there I would not have had half the fun. On Sat dar went into the autograph hall and a couple of us held back, exhaused by long hours and lines. We ended up hanging out with Tycho and SK99 and his daughter for a bit, just chatting and passing the time.

That night I went to the Celebration at Celebration. I was majorly disappointed in that, but met and hung out with Darth Grifter and had a great time.

Darth Grifter
04-29-2005, 07:03 PM
That night I went to the Celebration at Celebration. I was majorly disappointed in that, but met and hung out with Darth Grifter and had a great time.
yeah, i totally would have left the celebration if wasn't for the good dr. here :D...for a guy who went totally solo, meeting the ssgers was totally worth it. i was really down after leaving on sunday afternoon and the dinner and other activities really helped cap the experience the right way...:D

Hellboy
04-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Whoa!! QLD you're no longer LIMP. :D

Great thread BTW guys. Looks like you had fun.

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 07:50 PM
WHa, HOw? QLD is back...

QLD
04-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah, when I talked to Steve, we discussed my username, and he agreed to change it back to QLD. Unfortunately, I'll never have my full name back. But this is good enough.

Dar' Argol
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
QLD is in the HIZZZZOUSE!!!! Welcome back there long one . . good to see you are no longer L.I.M.P. he he he.

Mr. JabbaJohnL - nice of you to pop in . . quick question, you mentioned to me at Houlihan's you found the OT bloopers on the Bonus Disc . . . where??? Thanx!

You know, I don't think it would have been as much fun without the SSG'ers and the other friends of ours. I know for me personaly, Sunday night was THE way to end C3 . . . the was no other way. I had a blast with everyone and I wish we could get together again sooner!

Slicker
04-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Here's the thread explaining how to see 'em. Link. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25262)

JEDIpartner
05-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Here's a picture of a cute Jedi family in the food court. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Celebration%20III/79.jpg)

And one of the SSG Posse (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Celebration%20III/154.jpg).

JEDIpartner
05-01-2005, 09:43 AM
...and one of Tycho and Brandy (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Celebration%20III/155.jpg).

Tycho
05-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Ahh. Brandy..... :kiss:

Darth Grifter
05-01-2005, 05:35 PM
hehehe...ah...everytime i come to this thread it makes me laugh! brandy, she's all your tycho, along with amy...;)

The 'Xir
05-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah, when I talked to Steve, we discussed my username, and he agreed to change it back to QLD. Unfortunately, I'll never have my full name back. But this is good enough.

Now if he'll only let you have the name 'LIMP QLD' :eek: :crazed: That would be a milestone!! :classic:

dr_evazan22
05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
she's all your tycho

Come on now! Tycho can have Sari, the manager. That way I could share some quality time with Brandy..

I'll just place my face over Tycho's body in the photo to make the dream last longer....

Dar' Argol
05-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Here's the thread explaining how to see 'em. Link. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25262)

Thanx for the info mate!!! I'll check that out soon!

Anywho . . how is everyone??? A week later . . . :(. I miss the fun . . . did however get my tickets for the midnight showing :D. ANd Thursday I'll be getting that PS2 E3 game . . . . so that might hold me.

I'm trying to get all my pics on Yahoo so they will be veiwable by everyone . . . and thatx to an idea from JP, I'm setting about 100 or so of them to a soundtrack slideshow . . . . . gonna take me some time for that . . .

dindae
05-05-2005, 01:01 PM
It looks like I missed some good times. Unfortunately along with long sleeve shirts, jackets, and sleeping bags (I was going to camp glad I didn't) I forgot to get the info on where and when people were meeting. I hope they do another one cause I can't see going out to Comic Con.

JEDIpartner
05-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Adult Human Milhouse (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Celebration%20III/Milhouse.jpg)

Kidhuman
05-06-2005, 06:24 PM
If only he had blue hair...

scruffziller
05-06-2005, 08:36 PM
JP and Tycho getting close at Fridays
Tycho you horny dog (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3002.jpg)

It struck me!!!!!

You put on a white bucket cap on JP, he is the spittin' image of a really happy Gilligan.:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Adult Human Milhouse (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Celebration%20III/Milhouse.jpg)

Did anyone get pictures of the adult human "Great Gazoo" from the Flinstones cartoons? :crazed:

Dar' Argol
05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
If only he had blue hair...

You mean like this??? he he he . . . .couldn't resist :D

It struck me!!!!!

You put on a white bucket cap on JP, he is the spittin' image of a really happy Gilligan. :D

I'll get on that one too . . . and speaking of JP . . . you need to get me that one pic for our project . . . . tell Bruce the elephant/sheep are almost done :evil:

Kidhuman
05-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Dar, too perfect.

Dar' Argol
05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Dar, too perfect.

He he he . . thought you'd like that KH :D

JEDIpartner
05-12-2005, 04:49 PM
...but you'd ahve to make him jaundiced... then he'd just be "Milhouse" and not "Adult Human Milhouse"... the point of the joke would be missed. LOL

Nice job with the blue hair, though, Admiral.

CooLJoE
05-16-2005, 05:09 AM
You mean like this??? he he he . . . .couldn't resist :D

I'll get on that one too . . . and speaking of JP . . . you need to get me that one pic for our project . . . . tell Bruce the elephant/sheep are almost done :evil:

You mean its still not done? Get to it!

:p lol

JEDIpartner
05-16-2005, 10:00 AM
I've been so busy with other SW related projects that I haven't had a chance to look. I will try to get on it this evening... :)

BTW, Admiral... what are we going to do about that Sidious Hologram? (I still have to find it, mind you...)

jedi master sal
05-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Do you mean yellow like this??? (See attachment)

Gawd, I can't take the anticipation. 11 hours 10 minutes til ROTS!!!

-Sal

dr_evazan22
05-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey Sal, now that we have less then 4 hours to go... At dinner Sun night you sid you were planning on seeing ROTS 20X in a row for charity, cutting your hair off at the end. A couple of questions.... Can we get before and after pics? And what are your plans here? Do those 20X's start tonight? When do they finish?

Dar' Argol
05-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I've been so busy with other SW related projects that I haven't had a chance to look. I will try to get on it this evening... :)

BTW, Admiral... what are we going to do about that Sidious Hologram? (I still have to find it, mind you...)

I still want it JP . . . its just I had to drop $500 into my car this weekend for inspection . . . (I did that the day I talked to you), and over $900 for the tool shed I desperatly needed for the house . . . . so, you find it and we'll work something out!

Did see ROTS at midnight . . . FREEKING AWESOME!!! IMO it was perfect, its exactly what it needed to be. I wish a few scenes were extended a bit, but that happens with every movie. But I loved it and so did my wife :eek:. I want to go see it again, but due to above expendages I will have to wait till next weeked. This weekend I'm sheding :D

jedi master sal
05-24-2005, 02:07 PM
I'll post before and after shots soon.

I only managed 14 times, because my fiancee got sick on Saturday and I needed to be with her. Still ended up seeing it again on Sunday though, and she felt good enough to come with me and cut my hair. It's ALL gone. After she cut it down, I shaved it down to the skin, including my moustache and beard.

Between the Charity and two contests more than $600 worth of gifts/money was collected.

jedi master sal
05-25-2005, 08:33 AM
BTW, I finally found a pic of the two ladies who joined us Sunday night.

Here's the link:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wolfie2012/detail?.dir=e99d&.dnm=b5e2.jpg&.src=ph

dindae
05-25-2005, 08:56 AM
LOL I am probably 3 feet to the right since these girls were right behind me in line that day. I remember feeling very sorry for the girl in the Leia outfit since it took so long to get in. I also noted every day they had a different outfit on.

scruffziller
11-15-2005, 04:20 PM
It just hit me. Dar' Argol and Tonysmo look oddly related.:Ponder:

Tonysmo
11-16-2005, 03:47 AM
eeeh. okie.

I look horrid in the pic anyway. damp from the rain and pockets full of trinkets...

listen to me justify like a girl on why I look like a fat *****.. when indeed.. I have become a fat *****.. :)

The 'Xir
11-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm just ****ed that I don't know what I did with those girls' email addresses, I know I was suppossed to give em up after we got back, but I ended up moving so many times there after that I don't know what I ever did with them! Although I did just find the piece of paper that I had everyones names and numbers on so I'll have to look more closely at that and see if it's on there! sorry boyz! :frus: :crazed:

Dar' Argol
11-16-2005, 06:10 PM
It just hit me. Dar' Argol and Tonysmo look oddly related.:Ponder:

Oddly related how Scruff???? Nothing against Tonysmo, but aside from the hair issue, the facial hair, and over all build, how is it we look alike??? he he he . . . .

On a side note, it is strangely odd to see my mug online . . and people know who it belongs to . . . strange indeed . . .

I'm just ****ed that I don't know what I did with those girls' email addresses, I know I was suppossed to give em up after we got back, but I ended up moving so many times there after that I don't know what I ever did with them! Although I did just find the piece of paper that I had everyones names and numbers on so I'll have to look more closely at that and see if it's on there! sorry boyz!

That's it 'Xir, you get smacked with the wet tuna tonight!!! You got their addies and lost them??? Are they in your car perhaps???? I hope you didn't sell them to get home . . . .

scruffziller
11-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Oddly related how Scruff???? Nothing against Tonysmo, but aside from the hair issue, the facial hair, and over all build, how is it we look alike??? he he he . . . .

Well actually, I lied. It hit me at C3 that I thought you guys looked somewhat alike. Maybe it was just similar facial scrtructure. Actually Dar you look alot like Lars Ulrich.

JEDIpartner
11-20-2005, 11:25 AM
There was a recurring commercial skit on MADtv last night for "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" and it made me think of how we could do commercials like that for Indy. :)

The 'Xir
11-21-2005, 11:22 AM
That's it 'Xir, you get smacked with the wet tuna tonight!!! You got their addies and lost them??? Are they in your car perhaps???? I hope you didn't sell them to get home . . . .

Now being lost in the mess of a car that I have is quite possible, most of you saw that disaster, but in truth...you got me! :bandit: I actually posted the pictures of the girls in their Leia costumes on ebay, :lipsrseal and pimped their addys out to all geek fanboys like us to the highest bidder. Needless to say I have stopped peddling my wares and am retired now! :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey Dar, what's up man!?!

Change of pace, since it's vaguely Indy related.

Has anyone else notcied that the Spec Ops trooper (who some call the 501st trooper) is an Indianapolis Colts Clone homage?

Hear me out. They have the same leg striping, blue stripe on helmet. The trooper has a lower case "i" on his torso, that could indicate Indy. Also, since this one is recognized as the 501st trooper, having the markings be Indy related are a way to say thanks not only to Indianapolis for having CII and CIII there but also a special homage to the "Indy Knights" who are arguebly the biggest LOCAL Star Wars fan site. I said local too. The 501st is not local.

So what do you guys think? Indy trooper or not? Lucas hardly does things by coincidence so...

-Sal

Dar' Argol
11-24-2005, 02:34 AM
Hey Dar, what's up man!?!

Change of pace, since it's vaguely Indy related.

Has anyone else notcied that the Spec Ops trooper (who some call the 501st trooper) is an Indianapolis Colts Clone homage?

Hear me out. They have the same leg striping, blue stripe on helmet. The trooper has a lower case "i" on his torso, that could indicate Indy. Also, since this one is recognized as the 501st trooper, having the markings be Indy related are a way to say thanks not only to Indianapolis for having CII and CIII there but also a special homage to the "Indy Knights" who are arguebly the biggest LOCAL Star Wars fan site. I said local too. The 501st is not local.

So what do you guys think? Indy trooper or not? Lucas hardly does things by coincidence so...

-Sal

Sal!! how's it hanging??? Any chance of pics of the hair cutting you were going to do?? :D

On the Indy 501st clone . . Hmmm . . interesting. I can see where you are comming from. It would be nice to have one of these to inspect more closely . . but sadly my WM SUCKS!!! We haven't had a new wave in since Commander Bly :(. I'd like to have about 20 of these things and a hooded Anakin to recreate the Temple Entrance scene :thumbsup:. Anyways, hope everyone has a great Turkey Day!!!! And I'll be out shopping on Fri. I know, I'm nutz . . but its soo much fun being insane :crazed:

jedi master sal
11-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Sal!! how's it hanging??? Any chance of pics of the hair cutting you were going to do?? :D

Ask and you shall receive. Follow the linky...

http://www.umc.pitt.edu/media/pcc050613/donation_locksoflove_2005JUNE13.html

Though I have much more hair again. I'm growing out agai and won't get it cut until May 2007, then I'll donate it again.

BTW, some "facts" in the article, the writer screwed up. But hey, it was published, so it's cool.

-Sal

Tycho
11-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Sal, I wouldn't have recognized you!

Quick get a clone trooper helmet from Master Replicas! It's cold this winter without "protection."

When I once grew my hair long I found that it wouldn't in the winter when it would keep my ears warm - and it would grow in the summer when I needed my thick hair thinned or else it would curl and be unable to hang like a true rocker's.

That was high school. But nevertheless.

You could go through some fun fazes like trying an upside-down mustache right now.

How does it feel? Light-headed I'll bet.

Hey, the beard. You'll need the beard back. It was a defining "Sal feature."

:beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

Way to benefit the kids and have fun! I mean that seriously (inserted here amongst my psychotic ramblings).

Dar' Argol
11-27-2005, 08:50 PM
or else it would curl and be unable to hang like a true rocker's.

For some reason Tycho, I don't envision "Rocker" when I think of you . . . he he he . . . .

http://www.umc.pitt.edu/media/pcc050...005JUNE13.html

Though I have much more hair again. I'm growing out agai and won't get it cut until May 2007, then I'll donate it again.

BTW, some "facts" in the article, the writer screwed up. But hey, it was published, so it's cool.

-Sal

Holy Canolli Sal :eek: I would have neve known it was you!!! Man, I don't know if I could ever do that. I mean, its for a great cause and all but . . . man, more power to you Sal! I would have loved to see some of the expresions on your co-workers faces when they hear you speak lol. And I gotta agree with Tycho on this one . . the :beard: did make you! Awesome thing you did there Sal! I gotta cookie waiting for you! :D

jedi master sal
11-28-2005, 06:10 PM
For some reason Tycho, I don't envision "Rocker" when I think of you . . . he he he . . . .

Holy Canolli Sal :eek: I would have neve known it was you!!! Man, I don't know if I could ever do that. I mean, its for a great cause and all but . . . man, more power to you Sal! I would have loved to see some of the expresions on your co-workers faces when they hear you speak lol. And I gotta agree with Tycho on this one . . the :beard: did make you! Awesome thing you did there Sal! I gotta cookie waiting for you! :D

Thanks Dar and thanks Tycho. Yeah, Dar, I don't think I could picture Tycho as a rocker either. Unless that's rocking in a chair, ha ha (J/K).

Anyway, huh, so you both thought the beard was a defining feature huh? (Didn't know you guys were checking me out. Tycho, won't "Brandy" be jealous, ha ha. Just kiddin' guys. Cool I guess though. The beard is back, btw, and longer than what you see pictured in the pic in the link. My hair is about 2 inches long right now. My last hair cut was at the end of August. I'm in the weird stage for me, in that while I can comb my hair (and it looks great might I add, ha ha), I don't like to comb it as it takes more time in the morning to get ready for work. I give it until January then it will be long enough for me to just shake it out and go. Right now I'm looking much like a tanned and dark haired version of Obi-wan, cept a bit "larger."

So I wonder how much longer this thread is going to last?

Will it make it to C4 if there is one?

My Steelers play the Colts tonight. If they lose to them then well...read the title of this thread.

-Sal

Tycho
11-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I grew up on heavy metal music. It empathizes with my homicidal fantasies and my exploration of the Dark Side of the Force.

By college I had not become another High School Shooter, so I figured a change in looks was appropriate - as would a more politically correct persona - as I planned to establish myself so I could later take over the world and then kill everyone.

Everyone thinks "Tycho" is such a nice young man. They'll never see it coming! Heh-heh-heh.

Also a card-carrying member of the Emperor Palpatine Fan Club

jedi master sal
11-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Your twisted "T."

The 'Xir
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't know Tycho, I still can't picture you with long hair let alone a rocker look! Hell, if anything I can picture you bald like in Sals' after picture, you know kinda like a Judas Priest/Rob Halford kind of a thing! :yes: :whip: http://www.nyrock.com/imgs98/halford3.jpg

Oh by the way Brandy called and boy is she ever :eek: P...Od.

Anyways, SAL THAT IS AWESOME!!! I don't know what's more impressive that shaved mane, or you sitting through 15 straight viewing of RotS.:crazed: Keep up the good..umm..growth I guess! :thumbsup:
Oh and what the hell was that on Monday night? I kept telling my friends, don't worry, don't worry, and they started to turn it around, thats when they got the INT and the Roth threw to Hinds for the TD, but then after that it all just went to hell! :rolleyes: OH well, but we gotta win this week against Cincy or we could be in trouble! :nerv:

Tycho
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Actually, I've been playing with the idea of growing my hair out a bit. Maybe I'll be Anakin for next year's Comic Con. I like carrying my MR lightsaber.

But the shaved head has Dr. Evil qualities.

Still I'm such the politician / financial professional. I covet my "normal human being" camouflage.

I'll have to think about this.

bobafrett
11-30-2005, 04:21 PM

http://www.umc.pitt.edu/media/pcc050613/donation_locksoflove_2005JUNE13.html

-Sal

Sal, that rocks! My son has been trying to get me to grow my hair long like I had it when he was born. Looking at the pictures of you and your giving your hair to the "locks of love" program is motivating me even more, because when I get tired of my long hair, I can have it cut off to go to a great cause. Do you have to go to a special place in order to have your hair donated, or can you ask your stylist if they can save your mane for the program?

jedi master sal
12-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Sal, that rocks! My son has been trying to get me to grow my hair long like I had it when he was born. Looking at the pictures of you and your giving your hair to the "locks of love" program is motivating me even more, because when I get tired of my long hair, I can have it cut off to go to a great cause. Do you have to go to a special place in order to have your hair donated, or can you ask your stylist if they can save your mane for the program?

Cool, bobafrett, I like to hear that this may be inspiring others to donate as well. That was one thing I was hoping to accomplish.

As far as how/where to donate you can follow this link:
http://www.locksoflove.org/

If you have a "Phillip Pelusi" hair salon by you, they take donations. In fact they will give you a hair cut free, and IIRC a full day's treatment. Now this may not be for you, but if you're married/engaged/have a girlfriend, a day at the salon would be a great gift for your other half.

Oh and Xir, I actually saw the movie 22 times that extended weekend (Premiere through that Sunday, just after the first 15, it wasn't consecutive, as I missed one due to my fiancee being a bit under the weather. (And the reporter tpe her last name out wrong...) There were a couple other discrepencies, in the article as well, oh well.

-Sal

Tycho
12-01-2005, 01:57 PM
The thing with ROTS is that it really entertains. It'd be hard to sleep in that film.

TPM moves faster than AOTC which slows down more than any other SW film I think. The Coruscant stuff in TPM is at least interesting but the Tatooine "action" is podracing and not "violence."

ANH has an explosive beginning but it takes a while to get off Tatooine.

ESB is like a roller coaster but the "up hill climb" on Dagobah drags.

ROTJ slows down at the Ewok Village and Jabba's is not too fast, but the ending battle delivers.

In ROTS if you blink you could miss someone getting killed - there's so much action.

bobafrett
12-01-2005, 11:26 PM
The thing with ROTS is that it really entertains. It'd be hard to sleep in that film.

In ROTS if you blink you could miss someone getting killed - there's so much action.

I agree, I put in the disc while decorating my tree, two + hours later, I was sitting on the couch, and the tree was still pretty bare.

Thanks for the link Sal, I added it to my favorites. My hair grows rather quickly but in the meantime, I shall search for one of the salons you mentioned. My mom had lost her hair to cancer, but she was rather proud, and didn't mind being without her hair.

Now back to your Indy business!

Tycho
12-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Before she died, my mother had experienced hair loss from kemotherapy as well. She too benefitted from a hair piece and it looked pretty good on her.

My mother was a beautiful, loving woman.

scruffziller
12-04-2005, 04:57 AM
When I once grew my hair long I found that it wouldn't in the winter when it would keep my ears warm - and it would grow in the summer when I needed my thick hair thinned or else it would curl and be unable to hang like a true rocker's.

That was high school. But nevertheless.

We gotta have pics man!!!!!!!

Tycho
12-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Since I moved, a lot of stuff is in storage. There's a classic picture of me and a high school girlfriend - we both have nearly the same length hair (hers is at least longer than mine) and both of ours was done up in that 80's hair sprayed style. It looks like a Gothic or Industrial Metal album cover. I think that photo is of when my hair was the longest. Mine was shoulder length and I looked like "Garth" minus the glasses, LOL. OK - a better comparison was I looked like Anakin in Episode 3. (I did) "Do not underestimate my power!" I used to wear a long black trench coat in the Midwest winters as well. Alright. The parallels are starting to get frightening. "Some day I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!"

scruffziller
12-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Since I moved, a lot of stuff is in storage. There's a classic picture of me and a high school girlfriend - we both have nearly the same length hair (hers is at least longer than mine) and both of ours was done up in that 80's hair sprayed style. It looks like a Gothic or Industrial Metal album cover. I think that photo is of when my hair was the longest. Mine was shoulder length and I looked like "Garth" minus the glasses, LOL. OK - a better comparison was I looked like Anakin in Episode 3. (I did) "Do not underestimate my power!" I used to wear a long black trench coat in the Midwest winters as well. Alright. The parallels are starting to get frightening. "Some day I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!"

Midwest? Where are you from there Tycho?

Tycho
12-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I was born in Chicago.

We moved to Europe (several different countries) when my dad was still a US agent when I was 2-4.

I lived with my grandparents in Jolliet, IL when I was 4-5.

I lived in Lake Forest (El Toro) CA from 5-15.

I went back to Joliet, IL when I was 15 until 18 and my parents were divorcing.

I moved to San Diego when I was 18 and ready for college.

I've lived more than half my life in So Cal so I guess I'm from here - a large percentage of it in San Diego.

bobafrett
12-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Cool, bobafrett, I like to hear that this may be inspiring others to donate as well. That was one thing I was hoping to accomplish.

As far as how/where to donate you can follow this link:
http://www.locksoflove.org/

If you have a "Phillip Pelusi" hair salon by you, they take donations. In fact they will give you a hair cut free, and IIRC a full day's treatment. Now this may not be for you, but if you're married/engaged/have a girlfriend, a day at the salon would be a great gift for your other half.

-Sal

I almost forgot, my 7 year old neice had her long blonde locks cut short for the "locks of love" program. I wish I could post the pictures here, but out of respect for her mother who requests that I don't, I won't.

Here is a picture of me in the summer of 91 when my hair was long, and my then infant son.

Slicker
12-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Here is a picture of me in the summer of 91 when my hair was long, and my then infant son.That's straight rock/porn star Frett. :yes:

bobafrett
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
That's straight rock/porn star Frett. :yes:

:D Thanks. I had the locks cut off because my son would get a grip and yank on my hair. I started growing it back again, but never got it quite that long again, before cutting it again prior to my 10 year high school reunion.

Tycho
12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow! Your son is nearly (or is) a teenager almost ready to drive a car now!

I was just getting ready to get through high school when your picture was taken.

bobafrett
12-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Wow! Your son is nearly (or is) a teenager almost ready to drive a car now!

I was just getting ready to get through high school when your picture was taken.

Yep, my son is 14, and turns 15 this February. I don't even want to think about him driving just yet.

I was about 25 at the time of the photo, going through my rebellious 20's! lol

Dar' Argol
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM

You know, I was looking at my C3 pics and noticed a smudge on one of the pics. So I cleaned it up and I got this . . . he hehe . . love ya man!! :D

Definite Rocker there Frett!!

My hair will probably be long forever, even with all the greying!! BTW, the second is a pic of my new TATT!! he hehe.

Tycho
12-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Very funny. My hair was never that straight though. I looked much more like Anakin.

Meanwhile, other than the Rebel Alliance symbol I have no idea what your tattoo is supposed to be nor what the Imperial coding says. Any help here?

jedi master sal
12-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Very funny. My hair was never that straight though. I looked much more like Anakin.

Meanwhile, other than the Rebel Alliance symbol I have no idea what your tattoo is supposed to be nor what the Imperial coding says. Any help here?

Hmm I recall your hair looking like that, ;)

The coding says:
hailey
kathryn
lemmon

Who's that Dar?

scruffziller
12-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I was born in Chicago.

We moved to Europe (several different countries) when my dad was still a US agent when I was 2-4.

I lived with my grandparents in Jolliet, IL when I was 4-5.

I lived in Lake Forest (El Toro) CA from 5-15.

I went back to Joliet, IL when I was 15 until 18 and my parents were divorcing.

I moved to San Diego when I was 18 and ready for college.

I've lived more than half my life in So Cal so I guess I'm from here - a large percentage of it in San Diego.

Where abouts in Chi Town? My mom grew up on the SW side. Just right inside the city limits. A few blocks away was the border to the suburbs. The suburb right next to her was Hometown.

Dar' Argol
12-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Hmm I recall your hair looking like that, ;)

The coding says:
hailey
kathryn
lemmon

Who's that Dar?

*ding ding ding* Sal gets the cookie!!! That would be the second most important woman in my life . . . my daughter :D

And just for info, its suppose to look like metal skin under my own.

Tycho
12-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Where abouts in Chi Town? My mom grew up on the SW side. Just right inside the city limits. A few blocks away was the border to the suburbs. The suburb right next to her was Hometown.

I was born (or we lived) in Lincolnwood. I think I was born at Cook County Hospital (seen in Harrison Ford's "The Fugitive.")

I've also just come to the new realization that "damm I'd make an ugly chick."

JEDIpartner
02-14-2006, 11:30 AM
"It's a tra-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ap!!!!!"

:D Just remembereing... :)

jedi master sal
02-14-2006, 05:46 PM
J/C this thread is still going on??

Tycho
02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
We're just seeing if your still paying attention, Sal:

jedi master sal
02-15-2006, 09:19 AM
We're just seeing if your still paying attention, Sal:

Ha ha, hardy ha ha...

I sure as heck wish it was that easy...

I'm going to have one hell of a time finding the Utapau clones.

Dar' Argol
02-19-2006, 04:02 PM
"It's a tra-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ap!!!!!"

:D Just remembereing... :)

HA HA HA!!!! I was just sitting here thinking about indy . . . .this thread will go on forever!! But JP, I'm not getting in line in front of you though!:laugh:

Dar' Argol
03-24-2006, 08:37 PM
:cry: *sniff* And here I thought we all could have a great party to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of this thread . . . oh the good times we had!

Tycho
03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
We all stick together. There will probably be a Celebration 4 (now I'm hearing Anaheim, CA near Disneyland? - probably BS though) and many of you could get together with the crew if you come out for Comic Con.

mastermatt24
03-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Ill be there.:D

scruffziller
03-26-2006, 06:13 AM
There will probably be a Celebration 4 (now I'm hearing Anaheim, CA near Disneyland? - probably BS though)

To launch the TV show?

DAR - Please do some maniacal laughter for me, so I can remember the Houlihans event.:D (oh and yes, no alcahol is required:D )

Tycho
03-26-2006, 07:57 AM
To launch the TV show?

'07 is the 30 year anniversary (you know: '77 was ANH's first release).

The Clone War animated might start in '07, but the post-E3 live-action show will not be until '08 or later.

Really, I'm now less interested in any of LF's projects for the moment, or the licensees, and it would be just cool to hang out with all of you again at a SW Themed Party.

JimJamBonds
03-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Where will the SSG funeral be taking place? Visitation hours etc????

Dar' Argol
03-26-2006, 04:28 PM
DAR - Please do some maniacal laughter for me, so I can remember the Houlihans event.:D (oh and yes, no alcahol is required:D )

Muhahahahahahahahaha hah ahhahahahahahaha ahahahahahaha . . . . *cough* . . . . . .

Its a TRAAAAAAP!!!

:D

Tycho
03-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Where will the SSG funeral be taking place? Visitation hours etc????

Hehehe. The new site should be blue-bordered. All Jedi Spirits are blue, right?

dr_evazan22
03-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Here's a pic to bring back some memories...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3261.jpg

Here's one for you Tycho -
The Baroness! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/C3259-1.jpg)

Tycho
03-29-2006, 01:40 AM
She's pretty fine. Remember the twin redhead girls that were dressed as Imperial Officers? Mmmmm. I think they would have put me in the Detention Cell!

JEDIpartner
05-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Ahhhhh... Sadly, I don't see me making the trek out to Los Angeles. I wish I could but I don't think that it would be in my best financial interests. Have a good time, boys!

...and someone bring me back a present! :D

Tycho
05-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Come on Dale! You know you'd go!

I'm going to try and book my hotel very shortly. I don't want to drive 3 hours from San Diego every day (though I might stay with family up in LA - still I'd rather walk to the convention than drive even 5-10 miles in LA!)

"Walking in L.A. Nobody walks in L.A." - yeah well I Do!

But I will be there - with my whole collecting posse (Rebelscummers and Galactic Hunters included!) Then we're all going to Pigs N Whistles or a couple other dives I know up there. I'm not thrilled about it being so close to home. No excuse to take an airplane unless I want to fly from San Diego to Los Angeles (cough). But I'd rather have my vehicle with me in this case. I can visit family on the way home or turn one of my pathetic excuses for a girlfriend loose on Beverly Hills to go shopping because they wouldn't sit still through a Star Wars convention hehe.

mastermatt24
05-28-2006, 05:35 PM
I think theres gonna have to be a new thread..
"What Happens in LA stays in LA"

Tycho
05-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Sadly, LA's too close to home for me to risk getting a bad reputation :D

mastermatt24
05-28-2006, 11:19 PM
What happened to you? You used to be kinda fun. :hurt: :cry:

Tycho
05-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Ouch! It's just that I have girls I know in California. They might not go as far as Indianapolis with me for a Star Wars convention, but LA's close enough that someone will come along to keep me "supervised." [Edit: check that - one girl was in Indianapolis with her mom because they actually both DO like Star Wars - and another girl is a friend from back here who attends as a costumer. I forgot about that - they actually had dinner with a few of us from SSG on several nights].

I already could bet on 4 who will vie to share (and of course not pay :rolleyes: ) to stay in the hotel with me, and it would be a waste to get at least 2 of them a convention pass because they'd go shopping all day (for clothes, shoes, make-up or something) and not actually attend, but I'd look like a jerk for not inviting them to and then get them all suspicious if I didn't go through with that anyway.

Comic Con is less than 2 months away I think and SirSteve is supposed to come stay with me - I have everything ready for him - and he's already talking about taking the floor in my buddy Frank's hotel room because he knows several of the girls that I said could stay here. I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying "you can't come over (to the ladies)." In fact, I'm making the trip affordable for several girls who actually would be interested in attending. I just haven't talked about who else might actually be staying here because they could get flakey - though supposedly one of them has already bought a 4-day pass.

mastermatt24
05-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Ouch!
Im just playin! ;) We should meet up.

As for CC- Im not goin this year.. :cross-eye

Dar' Argol
05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Sadly I will nt be attending the LA event . . . . :( . Too much happening next year, with a wedding for my cousin in Vegas and our 10yr anniversary and a few other things. Sucks cause I really want to go . . a 24 hour celebration store??? Have they learned thier lessons???

Tycho
05-30-2006, 07:23 PM
What's funny is I almost NEVER buy anything at these conventions. At C1 they had Midnite Madness there over that weekend, so I indulged a little as it was fun: SirSteve and Grand Admiral Thrawn were with me when I got my first Qui-Gon Jinn figure, the podracers, some electronic lightsabers, etc. I had specifically brought extra luggage to tote it home with me. At C2 and C3, if I recall correctly: I bought nothing. I didn't want a Jorg Sacul figure nor a talking Vader one I'd have to keep on the card (so it could talk). I never ever even attempted to get one. Avoiding the stores and the consumer lines made my experience at the Cons so much more enjoyable. I talked with the actors and attended the events (Rick McCallum is $$%#!(ing) Awesome! ). And I met and talked to so many fans and made a lot of new friends at the con and both in Denver and Indy.

I can go to my local Target or Wal-Mart if I want to shop for Star Wars stuff. Only if I really have nothing better to do will I set foot in that 24 hour store. Maybe we can all meet there one night to take the bus back to North Hollywood together at C4? My wallet will most likely stay in my pocket, however.

mastermatt24
05-31-2006, 12:44 AM
Maybe we can all meet there one night to take the bus back to North Hollywood together at C4?
You are crazy! ;) I dont do the whole LA bus at night thing. :p

Now this may be a stupid question but the convention center is right next to (really close to) the Staples Center right? [ I go to the staples center enough I should know... (My dad works for Kodak and we get to use the suite a lot)]

mastermatt24
05-31-2006, 12:45 AM
(Rick McCallum is $$%#!(ing) Awesome! ).

Was he in a good mood when you talked to him? :p

Tycho
05-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Was he in a good mood when you talked to him? :p

I never talked to Rick McCallum at C3. At C2 I told him that Han Shot First though - and that I wasn't buying any of his PC b.s.

Tycho
05-31-2006, 05:03 AM
You are crazy! ;) I dont do the whole LA bus at night thing. :p

You'll be with probably at least 5-10 of us, many holding lightsabers. I don't really think you'll feel the least bit endangered - especially since if we coordinate this, we'd all be getting off at the same stop.

mastermatt24
06-01-2006, 12:30 AM
We'll see. If I have car access then maybe.

Yea- why not just go in a car?? (duh?) Seriously man- I dont know about those buses at night.

Tycho
06-01-2006, 02:17 AM
I don't like worrying about finding parking, nor driving when I have my mind so far, far away that I think I have a deflector shield or something (when Grand Cherokees don't come with those). There's nothing unsafe about buses, especially when riding one with 12 or more of your personal friends with you. However, I may have a girlfriend up there who will drive my truck and pick us up in the evenings. She won't wake up in time to go to the con in the morning however - I could pretty much garauntee that (if she's not attending the con. And like I said before, if I don't buy her a 4-day / 5 day pass or whatever it is, she'll be convinced I'm fooling around DURING the con - and heck if I'm that miserable with several that I'd predict I would be - I just may be fooling around if I can meet someone I'm as attracted to who is there and LIKES Star Wars as well).

mastermatt24
06-02-2006, 02:44 AM
I don't like worrying about finding parking, nor driving when I have my mind so far, far away that I think I have a deflector shield or something (when Grand Cherokees don't come with those).
Arent you talking about going out at night though? Parking should be fine later at night.

There's nothing unsafe about buses, especially when riding one with 12 or more of your personal friends with you.
Yeah- buses are great, really they are, but the only thing im concerned about is that it is DOWNTOWN LA at NIGHT

Tycho
06-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Arent you talking about going out at night though? Parking should be fine later at night.

Yeah- buses are great, really they are, but the only thing im concerned about is that it is DOWNTOWN LA at NIGHT

Parkings not that great in Southern California, period. LA and SD are on the top of the inconvenient city lists for parking.

Meanwhile, we'd all probably go somewhere in walking distance to hang out and drink - or do so in our hotel's pub or something. YOU are not old enough to go anywhere with us save a family restaurant like TGI Fridays or something that we find close to where we're at.

Meanwhile LA street gang members or whomever you're worried about shoot people of their OWN ethnic background and won't bother with a bunch of freak white boys dressed like Star Wars characters. It's a sad racial stereotype, but often true. Meanwhile, didn't you learn anything from Star Wars? Shoot people that look at you funny first! I keep forgetting - your generation has to wait until around September for that instructional DVD to come out. :rolleyes: Well trust me, Han Solo had it right. It's perfectly natural to be prejudiced against green, reptile people. But there will be more of them IN the actual convention than on the streets of LA.

mastermatt24
06-03-2006, 04:25 PM
lol Ah Josh.. Youre too funny, but it is true. Oh yea- i was kinda scared for life after my friends too my to Fridays for my BDay- god I will never forget that night. (NEVER go there for a birthday)

El Chuxter
06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
JediPartner, howsabout if you can make it out here, us locals can treat you to some Roscoe's Chicken n' Waffles? :D