PDA

View Full Version : Rwol

jeddah
04-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Good evening my fellow MM neophytes, erudites and electrolytes :)

<ducking the rotten tomatoes>

My brief visit to the site today's been revelationary in many ways. Firstly and most importantly, the news of R2dee2's sudden departure was a terrible thing to learn of, and also filled me with a twinge of guilt, not just because of my absence to get involved in the rallying round, but also because of outstanding transactions with VT that originated with her.

I also have learned of the Titanium line - and of course completed the hasbro surgery, I mean survey, on the line. Like most of you, I also managed to crowbar in my reference to the silly handling of the illustrious AF and MM line.

Linked to that, I have seen my first pics of various ships due to appear in ROTS. Must say I am not really feeling the Tri-Fighter or the car crash of designs for Obi/Ani's fighters...(Chiang, I presume?) They just don't feel like Star Wars to me, and sticking a Tie Cockpit in between 2 wings doesn't do it...They look like they should be in that Joey Trebbiani Flick; Lost in Space. I will reserve my judgement however till I've seen the film.

So, after, losing my job, the house came next. Consequently I am now living in another cheaper part of London but have no access to internet outside of work. When I get my DSL up and running, I will be able to poke around these here parts and chip in my ex-collectors tuppence. My collector status is dormant, even my 1:1 R2 project ground to a halt about 2 years ago, and all my figures and ships and miscellany are packed away at my parents loft in Bournemouth. I did have the sense (or stupidity) to drag up to London 2 boxes packed with Miniheads and a load of Wancors, but haven't had the funds to send them of course.

Anyway, I am now working in the legal district in Central London. after I lost my job I was asked to teach kids to dance so I am at least feeding my artistic urges, and working with marginalised, underprivileged kids is cool and challenging.

If you want my work email, PM me and I'll send it to you, and I'll send you my home one too, which changed.

Don't even get me started on Camilla, Charles and Ratzingergate.

jeddah

vulcantouch
04-26-2005, 01:02 PM
. . .i wanna know where to send the, uh, Bill Collectors ;) here's a few things i can think of that you missed & might wanna see &/or add your touch to:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=25185
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=26978&page=2&pp=23
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=2216&page=8&pp=38 (i been wondering Hmm, what did jdah think of Love Axually? :Ponder: )
and of course Several pages at: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=356&page=10 :D

"not really feeling the Tri-Fighter or the car crash of designs for Obi/Ani's fighters"
-meanwhile i kinda dig em :)

"get me started on Camilla"
-what's the big deal? she ain't That bad, certainly not as yucky as bird-beaked diana :p
vt

britcit3
04-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Eh up Jeddah

Welcome home - was wonderin' were you woz!

Sorry to hear about personal probs etc.

Charles & Camilla - Gawd Bless 'em - several million pounds worth of tax payers money well spent on the event - honest.

Cheerio

BC3

good shot jansen
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Must say I am not really feeling the Tri-Fighter or the car crash of designs for Obi/Ani's fighters...(Chiang, I presume?) They just don't feel like Star Wars to me, and sticking a Tie Cockpit in between 2 wings doesn't do it...They look like they should be in that Joey Trebbiani Flick; Lost in Space. I will reserve my judgement however till I've seen the film.

jeddah, i agree with you completely. as i wasn't even aware until yesterday that these things even existed, i have no idea what they look like in the flesh.

i do know that they are not the design products of doug chiang. he was not retained in the capacity of art director after aotc.

as it has been so long since i've kept up on anything star wars, i don't even know who's in charge of designing things for the franchise's last act.

to the best of my recollection, i believe doug chiang began heading up the design team with shadows of the empire. this was about the same time that he began developing ideas for tpm. the virago i believe was his 1st foray into the sw galaxy. (of course i could be wrong, but that's what i seem to remember)

the 1st vehicle he designed for the prequals was the mtt.

looking back, i really now appreciate the vehicle design of episode I, although it was all vastly different from what we had grown to love in the original trilogy, the vehicles still had a true star wars feel to em. this was maintained fairly well through aotc.

having not seen these titaniums or any other ep. III toys in person, i can't give a final opinion. but i agree with you, that the star fighter and tri droid fighter do not feel as well thought out as waht we've come to expect from star wars.

obviously, after i see the movie later this week, i will have a better habdle on this.

vulcantouch
07-08-2005, 10:36 AM
yeah i know he's been busy, but now would be a good time for short-time-londoner and long-time-vt-debtor jdah to check in here don't y'all think?
"i know we haven't seen the last of that crazy klingon; last time he was here he left without paying his bill"
"so? worf doesn't even Like you"
"exactly! he couldn't enjoy sto-vo-kor knowing i had something on him!"
-quark to ezri, DS9 ep "penumbra" :greedy: :crazed:
of course we know andyw & bc3 (am i forgetting any mm brits?) ain't anywhere near london so i won't get my hopes up about "inheriting" some of the rarer items from Their collections :evil:

gsj: "not the design products of doug"
-judging from the art of books (and a non-sw scifi art book he did his own), personally i don't miss chiang; his replacements have done just fine in his place :)
vt

jeddah
07-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Sadly, for you, I did not cark it in the recent attacks. However, the strange fact is that Kings Cross is my station, and I use it every day to and from work. It is a short walk from the station to my office - Bloomsbury - which is where the bus exploded. Out of all the targeted stops, I regularly use all of them except Aldgate East. On Thursday, however, I left late so the tube was already closed down before I got to Kings X.

In any event, I would not have been in the station(s) at ouch time because I either get to work around 7am or 10am to miss rush hour. Needless to say, there are hundreds of people, overdramatising their 'role' in all this with "It could have been me..." etc.

My take on it is that we got away lightly, well, at least compared with NYC in Sep 2001. Don't believe the hype that we brits are tough when it comes to this; all these reports on the news saying we have this "bizniss as usual" mentality belies the fact that I was one of 3 people on my tube carriage this morning, and there were 5 of us on the bus. Normally I'm lucky if I get a seat on the tube, rush hour or not. Everyone seems to be walking.

Anyway. Thanks for your inimitable brand of concern - perhaps I should make a will (or more appropriately, a 'won't') dividing my collection up between you, SWAFFY (thanks for the personal email, SWAFFY) and GSJ , and JT. Oddly enough, I have been considering sending off large parts of my loft-bound collection to worthy homes...First things first - Baal - though.

:greedy:

jeddah