PDA

View Full Version : The Most Obscure Toy Line!

JON9000
04-26-2005, 01:59 PM
What is the most obscure toy line you remember getting when you were a kid? Was it something you were into but other kids weren't? Way back around '80, Mego made some fairly decently articulated figures for the time (although the facial paint ops were pathetic). Among their offerings was a "The Black Hole" line of toys. I had Captain Dan Holland, Maximillian, and V.I.N.Cent.

Anybody else have any memories to share?

Ji'dai
04-26-2005, 04:01 PM
I had a few Crystar figures. The "lava guy" (Magmaman or Moltar) was neat looking so I played with him most often. I was never really 'into' the toys per se; they were probably on clearance or something and my mom picked them up. Google Search: The Crystar toy line was made by Remco and was based on a Marvel comic circa 1983.

I had some Mego Buck Rogers in the 25th Century figures based on the TV show. I had a crush on Wilma Deering - Erin Gray was hot. Since Star Wars was my primary fetish I didn't get many of these figures. I still have the droid Twiki.

The Six Million Dollar Man I watched this program religiously but never collected the toys. My mom bought the 12" Steve Austin on clearance and later gave it to me. The figure had a bionic eye you could look through, removable skin sections, and came with a car engine he could use to do bicep curls :D

Kenner's Raiders of the Lost Ark toys were also fairly rare in my area. If it hadn't been for those department store christmas catalogs I probably wouldn't have any of them. And I had no idea that Temple of Doom toys had been made until much later.

Anyone see that movie [b]TRON? You know, about the guy zapped into a video game world? TRON? Anyone? No? I had several of the figures (by Tomy?) and the red light-cycle. Rip-cord action feature or no, it's still the coolest motocycle toy out there IMO. I was surprised to see TRON toys again a few years ago, this time by NECA.

darthvyn
04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
anyone remember "the bionic six" - it was basically a family of six million dollar men... it was a cartoon, and they made these 3 3/4 figures based on the show. they had metal and translucent plastic parts.

trandoshan666
04-26-2005, 07:06 PM
I had most of the MANGLORS figures I was the only kid I knew whose parents actually bought them for him. They were rubbery action figures that you were supposed to be able to pull apart and stick back together again, but that really didn't work too well. That's about as obscure as my toy collecting ever got.

bmgilk
04-26-2005, 08:20 PM
I still have my Electroman!!He stands about 14" tall and has like a flashlight on his head that you turn on.It has 3 settings stun, radar and guard.It's a big figure that you couldn't play with it with any other figure.I think he had an enemy that was like a dinosauar or somthing.I also have Pulsar and Hypnotis.Pulsar you push a button on his back and you can see his heart and lungs pumping with blood like in the veins.Hypnotis you just keep pushing a lever and he sparks inside of his chest and a wheel with swirl marks spin around making you dizzy:crazed: .

bmgilk

Kidhuman
04-27-2005, 12:40 AM
anyone remember "the bionic six" - it was basically a family of six million dollar men... it was a cartoon, and they made these 3 3/4 figures based on the show. they had metal and translucent plastic parts.

A super future family
we're so very proud to be

BIONIC SIX

Yeah I remember the show, loved it and didnt know they had figures.

drsidious
04-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Man rebuilding my black hole collection was EXPENSIVE
and i still got a pile of dungeons and dragons figures
from non articulated chunks of plastic to bendy stuff im suprised hasnt
worn away to dust, like all the madballs i had.
the years werent very kind to them

JON9000
04-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Man rebuilding my black hole collection was EXPENSIVE
I've looked out of curiosity and it is pretty pricey, considering the movie was pretty much a flash in the pan. Especially expensive for the elusive Humanoid figure.

darthvyn
04-27-2005, 11:55 AM
A super future family
we're so very proud to be

BIONIC SIX

Yeah I remember the show, loved it and didnt know they had figures.

yeah, man...

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/bionicsix/bionicsix.html

what about "the centurions"?

www . x-entertainment.com/messages/605.html

(edit: sorry, i didn't realize there were profanities on the x-ent page... so i got rid of the link. you'll have to cut, paste, and get rid of the spaces around the "." after the "www")

they were like, 10" tall or something and had these holes all over their "exo-suit" that you could plug different weapons, jetpacks, hellicopter components and other things into. a really cool concept, but they made the figures so large that they were really expensive, especially the additional items. there were three guys, one land, one sea, one air and they each came with a small assortment (though a larger than normal amount by any standards) of snap-on gadgets and weapons. i had the air guy, and my brother had the sea guy i think. i think i had the bad guy, too... he was half human, half robot, and you could actually un-plug the two halves, and plug them into the other bad guy, so you could make a two headed robot and a two headed human bad guy... that was kinda weird.

we never go the third good guy, or any of the "vehicles." (can't really call them vehicles, since they're just vehicular components you attach to the guy...)

JediTricks
04-27-2005, 09:40 PM
anyone remember "the bionic six" - it was basically a family of six million dollar men... it was a cartoon, and they made these 3 3/4 figures based on the show. they had metal and translucent plastic parts.I didn't own any of the toys, but I sure did want the MULES vehicle and the smaller vehicles that interacted with it (see attached). I am a major vehicle fan.

TRON, loved it, own the repros from NECA of the original figures and lightcycle as well as one of the recent Japanese figure/bike sets that's even better.

I had a few Centurions figs, I liked the interchangability. I liked Wheeled Warriors (http://www.virtualtoychest.com/wwarriors/wwarriors.html) for the same reason.

I liked Starcom (http://www.virtualtoychest.com/starcom/starcom.html[/url), but had a really hard time finding them. I've often thought about picking more of these up, as I love magnet toys, transforming toys, and vehicle toys.

I was sorta into Sky Commanders (http://www.virtualtoychest.com/skycommanders/skycommanders.html) for a short time, vehicles on strings often did it for me, and the line convinced me to make my own out of Lego.

I was way into MUSCLE for a short time, had hundreds of those little suckers. :D

Loved GoBots when I was a kid, even before Transformers, I even ebayed 2 of the Super GoBots from my childhood that I liked the most.

I'm a huge MASK fan, but I suppose that's not terribly obscure, however I also bought the VOR-Tech line which was unofficially a sequel, including using MASK molds.

sith_killer_99
04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
JT, I was just going to say Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors! I loved those toys, along with The Centurions. Like you said it was the interchangability that made them such fun! :D

I also liked Silver Hawks, Bionic Six, MASK and of course Transformers.

BTW, here is an excellent site for 1980's cartoons:

http://www.80scartoons.net/

Kidhuman
04-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Jayce toys rocked, stack and attack, I always wondered why they never did that in the cartoon.

vader121
04-28-2005, 03:51 PM
I myself had a pretty decent selection of different action figures as a kid that I got here and there or through trades. These included:

-Tron - only had the red soldier-type guy though
-Clash of the Titans - got these along with pegasus for Xmas one year
-Dukes of Hazard - like every othere kid in America I watched this religiously so my parents got me the set for Xmas one year (probably from JC Penneys)
-Black Hole - only had the robot soldier though
-Buck Rogers - only had Twiki, Tiger man, and the evil soldier guy. Really liked the evil solider guy. Wanted to get like a 100 of them but had to settle for 1. Looking back now the helmet is really weird.
-Little metal army men (name?) - they were the same size as MASK and they were pretty cool. Had 3 of them. Guns got lost almost immediately as they were even smaller than regular figures.
-Sgt Rock - had some of these which worked fairly well with GiJoe stuff.
-Battlestar Galactica - had all the 1st series figures. Absolutely loved the Cylons. But again had to settle for getting just one. What's with the chinsy Daggat tail?
-Universal Studio monsters - had all but Phantom of the Opera at one time or another. Lost all but Wolfman and Dracula by the time I got to be an adult. Loved the Create from the Black Lagoon. I had the regular green one. Not the florescent green version.
-D&D - had the evil warrior and the good dragon.
-WWF - only had JYD that I got on clearance for $4. Loved wrestling as a kid but the figures were too expensive I guess.
-Flash Gordon - had the 1st series. Lizard chick was kinda cool. She had bumps on her chest. lol

drsidious
04-29-2005, 02:07 AM
i still have my kraken ,, but sadly his tail is missing

BoShek
04-29-2005, 07:43 AM
I had a lot:
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Sky Commanders
Wheeled Warriors
MUSCLE
Centurions

But Police Academy and Robin Hoods figures I had take the cake!

darthvyn
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
oh, yeah! i forgot about the police academy figures! i had the squad car that split apart, and i think we had most of the figures.

the robin hood figures from the movie? i remember those as well. they just took the mold for super friends "green arrow" (with different color plastic) and put different heads on them to make them into the different characters.

kool-aid killer
04-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Anybody remember "Battle Trolls?" Basically, they were those stinking trolls with the colored hair given some outfits and weapons. Pretty tacky. I never collected them but i stumbled across them while looking around ebay. If you ever had one, deduct 50 points from your "coolness" factor and give yourself a punch in the groin.

JediTricks
05-01-2005, 05:35 PM
The Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves line? I never owned it, but it used several Star Wars molds in the line, I think with Friar Tuck was from the vintage Gamorrean Guard figure.

Anybody here have Waterworld figures? :D

darthvyn
05-03-2005, 12:22 AM
the only cool part about the robin hood figures were the real firing bows with arrows. that was kinda cool. everything else was remolds. didn't they try to use the ewok village as "sherwood forest"?

that toy line was as lame as the bryan adams song.

EDIT: holy crap, i totally forgot they used the lex luthor mold for the sheriff of nottingham!!!

http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/robinhoodprinceofthieves/actionfigures2.html

Kidhuman
05-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Yes, they used the Ewok Village for the forrest.

vader121
05-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Robin Hood figures are pretty cool even though they used other molds. I never had these as a young adult but did see them in the stores for a while.

I actually picked up the whole toy line boxed except for one accessory (catapult I think) & the forest playset at a flea market for like $40. Since they use some of the same molds as Star Wars I thought why not?

Lord Malakite
05-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Inhumanoids
Mad Scientist
MUSCLE
My Pet Monster

Those are the only potentially obscure one I can think of.

mabudonicus
05-03-2005, 01:43 PM
-Little metal army men (name?) - they were the same size as MASK and they were pretty cool. Had 3 of them. Guns got lost almost immediately as they were even smaller than regular figures.
As I was reading this thread I was thinking of mentioning Eagle Froce which is the line you meant I think- they were metal and all painted shiney gold for some reason, like MegaForce rejects

Bots Master not sure how far this line even got, I only have Ziv Zulander and he stinks, he has this multi part gun that can't be assembled in any way and a bunch of vinyl accessories that don't actually fit

And I can't recall if anyone mentioned Battle Beasts (collect every one of these incredible creatures who battle for fun) they were interesting in that there was no TV show and the toys still got pretty popular

I had Pulsar, he was cool..... gotta think some more... I'm sure I can recall stuff that isn't even on the internet anywhere... (anyone know any references for Bots MAster, LMK please, I have not been able to find it anywhere's yet)

darthvyn
05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
hah! i forgot about battle beasts:

"fire!"

"WATER!!! water puts out fire!"

Ji'dai
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Inhumanoids

My brother had some of the Inhumanoid figures. I remember him having the rock man, tree dude, and the decomposing monster with opening rib-cage.

I actually liked Waterworld but could never bring myself to buy the toys. I saw the catamaran in a clearance bin at KB toys in the late 90s but still wouldn't spring for it. Same with Robin Hood, I thought long and hard about getting the repro Ewok Village/Sherwood Forest playset but never did. I think the POTF Ewok Battle Wagon was reused for the Robin Hood toy line too.

darthvyn
05-04-2005, 12:42 AM
the entire robin hood line were strange mixes of redecos and repaints with new kinda accurate heads. most of the figures were based on the "super friends" figures and most of the playsets were star wars redecos.

speaking of which, what about those "super friends" figures... why did superman need a jet plane???

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2005, 12:57 AM
I had these one toys as a kid, really loved them and still do. I do not remember what the toy line was called and google is not doing much to help.

These toys were dinosaur skeletons. There was a t-rex, a triceratops, and others. I cannot remember them well, but the t-rex sticks out in my mind. Anyway, you could assemble the bones together to form the dinosaur's skeleton, or you could assemble the bones into different vehicle things. Each dinosaur came with a cave man figure, too.

Really neat toys, and I guess the line is sort of obscure. If anyone has the foggiest idea of what I am talking about, let me know.

I will know for sure once I get back home in June. I still have them all, and I believe they are still stored in their original boxes, too.

mabudonicus
05-04-2005, 08:24 AM
You're not thinking of Dino Riders are ya JBF??

vader121
05-04-2005, 08:39 AM
I thought of some others just now. These are from the 70's and older but I was born 1973 so I had a few of them.

-Pocket Heroes = basically super heroes. I had Hulk, Jarel, & Spiderman at one pt (I think). However Jarel is the only one that survived. Hulk tried to take on a lawnmower and died a gruesome death.

-Micronauts = had a few along with a big vehicle that you had to assemble like Legos. Still have it. pretty cool I guess. It had hand gun parts that you could use to play guns and could shoot foam darts.

-Army men/Cowboys & Indians/Knights/Space Men/Cavemen & Dinosaurs = who didn't have buckets of these things back in the 70's? I had a lot of sets by Marx that I spent hours playing with. The setup was what took the longest time. Good ole Navarone set was king. Also had the Fort Apache set. Had the Dinosaur set with a handfull of cavemen with sticks and rocks. Had a huge mountain spaceman set that had some green martians in it that were the coolest. Also, took some money I earned helping my Dad with a fence job to go to Child World and buy a huge Knight set that had Demons and other eveil dudes in it. That set ruled. I still have all of these up in my house attic now. Should drag them out to have one last huge battle for old times sake.

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2005, 08:54 AM
You're not thinking of Dino Riders are ya JBF??

I just did a google search on those toys, and that's not the toys I'm thinking about. Though it did bring back memories of the Dino Riders toys my cousin had.

mabudonicus
05-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Well it was worth a shot, eh?? :beard:

Vader121- a buddy of mine had that mountain, but it came with cavemen and dinosaurs...
Them MARX things were cool, IIRC the dinosaurs had their names and "stats" on the base (height/length at least) I bought a 7-8 inch caveman(holding a rock over his head) in beautiful condition at a garage sale last year for 5 cents, he is currently MIA but I had him on my TV set for a while.... gotta dig that thing up now's I'm thinking of him
I have the carrying case and a few "Indian" warriors from the 12" line as well, along with a canoe and tons of them brown rubber accessories, I had lots of fun accoutering them bad boys when I was young (although there were no cowboys, so the play pattern was just them hanging out in different parts of the house changing clothes and agreeing with each other...)

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2005, 10:40 AM
It was mab. It also served as my inspiration to look harder for these on google and I found them! Thank you for that.

http://dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/BoneAge/BA_index.html

Bone Age! I really want to take those out again and mess with them.

And Supernaturals, how could I forget those: http://www.tinkerbeee.com/super.htm

Anyone else remember them?

Then there was this other toy I have and still cherish. No idea what the toy line is, but there was a cartoon for it. The good guy was a cowboy and he rode a white horse. I had one of the bad guys from it. He's an evil cowboy looking guy. He's wearing mostly green, has white skin, gray hair, red eyes, yellow teeth. He comes with a two guns and two knives and a black cowboy hat he can remove. Good size figures, I believe they were somewhere in the six-ten inch range in height. Now that's gonna be bugging me to come up with the title.

mabudonicus
05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
that's BraveStarr there, Fettfield

And that's weird, I was thinking about "Supernaturals" as this page loaded, but I don't really recall them too well, a lot of the stuff in this thread is from my wild teenage years when toys were not "cool"

(although I used to ride my bike hom real fast to watch Bravestarr, I was somehow addicted to the crappiness of it :beard: )

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Dang, nothing is obscure for you, mab.

And thanks to your memory, I have learned that toy I was talking about is the character Tex Hex (http://www.tons-of-toys.com/pictures/big2/bravestarrtexhexloose1.jpg).

drsidious
05-05-2005, 02:05 AM
i think theres still brave star toys in my parents gutters

Fluke Skywalker
05-07-2005, 07:37 AM
I mostly stuck to the the biggies of the 80's (SW, GI Joe, MOTU. MASK, Transformers) but I had a few obscure ones that I haven't seen anyone list (I think) and my next-door neighbor/best friend was really into the obscure stuff.

Anyone remember Shogun warriors? Shogun (http://www.wildtoys.com/shogun/shoguns%21.jpg)

They were plastic robots, about 24" tall. They had spring loaded fists that shot out. There was even a Godzilla one. Not sure but I think they were late 70's. I got my brother's when he grew out of them.

How about Robo force ? Robo force (http://members.aol.com/robotoys/robofor.gif)

They were about 6" tall, and had suction cups on the bottom and flexible arms. They were marketed hard but I don't think they did very well. I had a few, my friend had nearly all of them.

He collected another line, these were generic figures (Drug store or maybe even flea market) called Dubines (I think) They were robot warriors, all the same mold but different colors. You could change their parts around. I think he may have been the only kid in the world who collected them.

Lastly, he had this series that I can't remember. Maybe someone here remembers them, but I don't have much info to give you. They were a line of Star Wars scale figures, possibly around 1983-84. They were rubber and not articulated, but bendable I think. There was a hero and his sidekick at least. I seem to remeber they had large feet, but were basically human (Though the sidekick less so). They weren't 'Thundar the Barbarian' but for some reason they put me in mind of that. I've been trying to remeber their names for the longest time. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Kidhuman
05-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Fluke, the shogun link isnt working.....

Fluke Skywalker
05-08-2005, 02:07 AM
^ Thanks KH. This one should work.

Shogun (http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/shogun.jpg)

^ An example of one.

Kidhuman
05-08-2005, 03:13 AM
I had that one. I loved these toys.

drsidious
05-09-2005, 02:07 AM
that big godzilla with the shooting fist and the flame tounge was and still is one of my favorire toys,,it still fights my krakken

Fluke Skywalker
05-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, they're really cool. Unfourtunatly my Mother threw the one's we had out. :( I really would like to pick them up on eBay sometime, but between my Star Wars new & vintage plus the other vintage lines I collect, it may be a while. $$$

JON9000
05-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Anyone remember Shogun warriors? Shogun (http://http://www.wildtoys.com/shogun/shoguns!.jpg)How about Robo force ? Robo force (http://members.aol.com/robotoys/robofor.gif)

Shogun Warriors were sort of turned into a cartoon, Tranzor Z.

I had most of the Roboforce toys. Unfortunately, their gimmick eventually made their arms break. Starriors were better.

JediTricks
05-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Fluke, the shogun link isnt working.....
I fixed it, the link had "http://http//www." which wouldn't work.

mabudonicus
05-11-2005, 03:54 PM
JON9000- actually, the Shogun Warriors were from over a dozen series, "Tranzor Z" was "Mazinga" in Japan (and "goldarak" in France, my buddies watched it there as kids,too)
Gai-King was Gaiking, all the Robots and most (if not all) of the vehicles were from different shows like that

In the 3 3/4 inch die-cast series they even had a figure of the robot "leopardon" which Spiderman himself drove (exactly like it sounds, BTW, ridiculous)
The beauty of it was that by making up the name "Shogun Warriors" and having the toys made in Japan(later China and other countries) from pre-existing molds, they saved a TON....
MICRONAUTS was another similar thing, it was a plot-free toy line called "Microman" that got huge in Japan, and about the same time Marvel made some trades with TOHO for character likenesses/names (that's where the AWFUL "Godzilla" and "Shogun Warriors" Marvel comics came from too)

JediTricks
05-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Ah, but Microman was an extensions of the Henshin Cyborg line which was an offshoot of the Combat Joe line, Takara's Japanese license of the GI Joe line. So the plot thickens! :D

Fluke Skywalker
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
^ To quote C-3PO "I'm so confused." :crazed:

That explains why an eBay search brought up small scale one's and comics.

mabudonicus
05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Ah, but Microman was an extensions of the Henshin Cyborg line which was an offshoot of the Combat Joe line, Takara's Japanese license of the GI Joe line. So the plot thickens!
YEARRRGH this reminds me of that stupid Go-Bots argument from a few years ago in CB- I was reading that the other day and I think I'm gonna do what I did in that thead, which was to say :beard: and let it go......

:beard:

But the Shoguns were based on the japanese "chogokin" which weere diecast robot toys based on many different series... let's leave Combat Joe out of things

JON9000
05-12-2005, 12:37 PM
JON9000- actually, the Shogun Warriors were from over a dozen series, "Tranzor Z" was "Mazinga" in Japan (and "goldarak" in France, my buddies watched it there as kids,too)
Gai-King was Gaiking, all the Robots and most (if not all) of the vehicles were from different shows like that
All I want to know is if they made a toy out of the female-piloted robot from Tranzor Z that shot her bazoingas at other robots!!

mabudonicus
05-13-2005, 09:22 AM
JON9000- you'll be pleased to note that the robot in question was indeed just re-done for "Soul of Chogokin" with the firing accessories and all :beard: I will find a link for you and post it here for the consideration of all :D
what a GREAT design

JON9000
05-13-2005, 12:09 PM
JON9000- you'll be pleased to note that the robot in question was indeed just re-done for "Soul of Chogokin" with the firing accessories and all :beard: I will find a link for you and post it here for the consideration of all :D
what a GREAT design

Holy SMOKES!!! :crazed:

drsidious
05-14-2005, 12:25 AM
double smokes

mabudonicus
05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
As promised- I think this is the one you would remember......
http://www.hlj.com/images/ban/ban925451.jpg

If not there's another version- the US version of "Tranzor Z" just used footage from a lot of different incarnations of the show- I have an episode where, in the course of one battle, Mazinga manages to appear as 3 completely different versions of himself :beard:

And here's the other, not wuite as funny somehow but still...
http://www.hlj.com/images/ban/ban925450.jpg

JON9000
05-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah, definitely the first one. I can't believe that was on a kids show. There was one other robot, some dimwit drove it. I think it was called the Bo-Bo-Bot. My memories of that show are pretty loose, it was 20 years ago I saw it.

megaprime33
05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
I would have to say that some of my favorite toy lines, obscure or not, when I was a kid was:

Silverhawks
Transformers(I actually just stopped collecting transformers; I have over 300!)
Thundercats
Bionic Six
Centurians
Gummi Bears
MASK
C.O.P.S
He-Man
GI Joe
WWF
Animated GhostBusters
GoBots
Inspector Gadget
Rocklords
Robocop
Lazer Tag
Rambo

Can't think of anymore. If I only I had all of them that I listed!

Ji'dai
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Gummi Bears?! I remember Smurf figurines but never collected them. There was a Smurf renaissance a couple of years ago with new figures and mushroom playset/houses.

My brother and I both had the Lazer Tag gun/receiver sets. We played 'guns' a lot as kids but actually being able to shoot each other was pretty novel. Although Lazer Tag wasn't really as cool in practice as I thought it would be. My brother also had the Lazer Tag helmet. I still have my gun/receiver set with box.

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I don't remember a Disney's Gummi Bears toy line either, what gives?

megaprime33
05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Yes, the disney gummi bears did have a toyline of all of the gummi characters. Here is a link to the pictures of them all.

http://gummibears.freeweb-hosting.com/stuff/figures1.jpg

2-1B
09-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Probably just some Transformer knockoffs...can't remember titles, though.

Also I had some GI Joe knockoffs that I tried to integrate into my Joe collection but I knew better, couldn't trick myself into making it work.

BountyHunterScum
10-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Viper's tv show toy line is the most obscure. It was very limited in what was available but no one knows about it. They had a bunch of stuff planned only the R/C car, models and slot track made it out.

BountyHunterScum
10-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I didn't own any of the toys, but I sure did want the MULES vehicle and the smaller vehicles that interacted with it (see attached). I am a major vehicle fan.

TRON, loved it, own the repros from NECA of the original figures and lightcycle as well as one of the recent Japanese figure/bike sets that's even better.

I had a few Centurions figs, I liked the interchangability. I liked Wheeled Warriors (http://www.virtualtoychest.com/wwarriors/wwarriors.html) for the same reason.

I liked Starcom (http://www.virtualtoychest.com/starcom/starcom.html%5B/url), but had a really hard time finding them. I've often thought about picking more of these up, as I love magnet toys, transforming toys, and vehicle toys.

I was sorta into Sky Commanders (http://www.virtualtoychest.com/skycommanders/skycommanders.html) for a short time, vehicles on strings often did it for me, and the line convinced me to make my own out of Lego.

I was way into MUSCLE for a short time, had hundreds of those little suckers. :D

Loved GoBots when I was a kid, even before Transformers, I even ebayed 2 of the Super GoBots from my childhood that I liked the most.

I'm a huge MASK fan, but I suppose that's not terribly obscure, however I also bought the VOR-Tech line which was unofficially a sequel, including using MASK molds.

I remember Bionic Six, the toy commercials were such a scam, they put little lights in the figures in the commercials but in reality they had silver star things in there. Karate 1 was the most popular character, at least in my neck of the woods. I can still remember how much of an a--hole alot of my elementary school and daycare classmates were. If I had to vote I'd say the daycare kids were the worst pr*cks I've ever met. I remember on several occasions new kids came in and they automically told them not to like certain people. If the new kids went against their "orders" they were branded enemies for life pretty much. I didn't follow their "recommendation" and I was hated forever afterward. Nobody tells me what to do.

JediTricks
10-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Viper's tv show toy line is the most obscure. It was very limited in what was available but no one knows about it. They had a bunch of stuff planned only the R/C car, models and slot track made it out.What did they have planned? They also offered the regular Viper RT-10 and the Viper Defender in a 2-pack of slot cars (obviously this was before they decided to blow up the roadster and start using the GTS coupe instead).

Looked it up. Man, that 1/43rd Defender would have been so awesome! http://www.projectviper.com/memorabilia.php#toys

BountyHunterScum
10-04-2007, 11:18 PM
What did they have planned? They also offered the regular Viper RT-10 and the Viper Defender in a 2-pack of slot cars (obviously this was before they decided to blow up the roadster and start using the GTS coupe instead).

Looked it up. Man, that 1/43rd Defender would have been so awesome! http://www.projectviper.com/memorabilia.php#toys

I heard they had figures and various Defender's in different scales planned as well as a computer game. They also had the R/C Defender. I have the R/C Defender and slot track as well as the slot set and u-turn rt/10's. I know the guy who runs project viper.com he has hats and every other thing to the show. He's quite possibly the biggest viper fan on earth. The guy who owns hollywood diecast.com has the matchbox Defender prototype.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, there's a picture of the game up on PV there. The R/C Defender looks REALLY good, I wish I had known that existed at the time, I absolutely would have bought it. The U-turn Defender is one I desperately tried to get back in the day but I was about a week late, the last of the sets were finally sold through (stupid TRU still had it in those slot car display tubes which drove me nuts, I tried to get the display but no go).

I can't imagine figures selling at all, the people on the show were merely there to give context to the awesome car.

BountyHunterScum
10-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Well, there's a picture of the game up on PV there. The R/C Defender looks REALLY good, I wish I had known that existed at the time, I absolutely would have bought it. The U-turn Defender is one I desperately tried to get back in the day but I was about a week late, the last of the sets were finally sold through (stupid TRU still had it in those slot car display tubes which drove me nuts, I tried to get the display but no go).

I can't imagine figures selling at all, the people on the show were merely there to give context to the awesome car.

You can still get most of that through ebay and no the R/C Defender doesn't go for $300. It went that high a few times but every other time hasn't gone remotely that high. I f-ckin hate when people provide info then pull that **** about how impossible to get the item is. That is such horse****.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, the reality is that I'm not willing to drop much coin on it anyway, and I'd end up either cannibalizing it onto a superior RC body or just leaving it on display.