PDA

View Full Version : that "Lucas Kid"

jonthejedi
04-26-2005, 05:06 PM
You may have been in attendance at the 1st Q&A session with George Lucas last Saturday morning...or seen pictures(which have been popping up globally thanks to AP) of the little boy who got to go up & shake his hand. That was my son Tyler, age 8. Due to his disabilities, our family was seated in the handicap section. It was yet another gift he has imparted to us. His simple gesture of "Thank you" at the mike brought the house down, and for days people came up to us with gestures of love & graditude...some simply saying he nailed the moment for many. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would even get that close to the saga's creator, but his look to me when I went to the front to snap a picture, was one a proud parent gives another. After all...he is the Father of the Force.

-Jon Oeschger(jonthejedi)
Glen Burnie, MD

Nadimgz
04-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I would like to tell you how enjoyable that was to be there to see your son up on stage with Lucas. Something that I will always remember and more than made the all night wait in the rain worth it.

Thanks

Nadim

:)

QLD
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
He did a similar thing with a kid from the last showing as well.

Jayspawn
04-27-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm glad that was your child jonthejedi. It was quite an honor for him and I think touching to George as well. Your son put it simply how we all felt.

JEDIpartner
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
I didn't see George because I was discouraged by all the munters who were lining up with tents the night before. I did, however, hear about your son. He sounds like a lovely young man. You must be proud of him. You did well, dad... :)

SirSteve
04-27-2005, 07:30 PM
It was a great moment. Here are some pictures I took:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3835&page=3&perpage=15&what=allfields&=&action=

gsr-jedi
04-27-2005, 11:08 PM
That's awesome, that that was your son. I was there for that show and that was a very touching moment.