PDA

View Full Version : It's the 25th Anniversary, where are my ESB 2-packs?

Slicker
04-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh, dearest Hasbro,

I haven't seen any pictures or any news about these so I don't know if you have them planned. I loved the ANH Silver Anniversary 2 packs and thought they were a great idea. Why not do the same for ESB which is arguably the finest SW movie yet? I'll even save you the thinking time and tell you which ones to make: 3-PO and R2 where they're outside looking for Luke (R2 can come with a sensor scope), Luke and Yoda training on Dagobah (or a Luke and Vader duel), and a Han and Leia kiss scene from Bespin. With these you get all of the core characters (except for Chewie, sorry big guy) and you don't get and doubles in the 2 packs.

I know it's a movie year and you're gonna pimp ROTS toys but some of us really like the toys from the OT. What say you Hasbro are you gonna do 'em?

Thank you,
Slicker

stillakid
04-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Ditto that. I even agree with the choices. Nice work, Slicker! :)

Oh, and Hasbro, puh-lease don't make these exclusives to anybody.

2-1B
04-27-2005, 12:28 AM
2-1B attaching Luke's new hand at the end of ESB would make for a fantastic 25th Anniversary set.

Imperial Monarche
04-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I definitely agree that Hasbro needs to do another set of 2-packs and then in '08 they need to do some for ROTJ. But, for now, I like the Han and Leia kissing set, but I would skip doing the droids and replace that with Chewbacca choking Lando at Cloud City and have Luke fighting Vader on the chasm bridge.

Now, for ROTJ, great sets would be Luke and slave Leia about to swing off the sail barge, Han and Chewie looking at the bait the Ewoks set up on Endor and then Vader walking with Palpatine after he debarks the shuttle.

stillakid
04-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Another awesome ROTJ set would be the moment that Luke's lightsaber crashes through the steering vanes of the Speederbike. Heck, that'd make a kickarse Gentle Giant sculpt too. :sur:

JediTricks
04-27-2005, 08:42 PM
I loved the ANH Silver Anniversary 2 packs and thought they were a great idea. Why not do the same for ESB which is arguably the finest SW movie yet?It may have something to do with the fact that KB can barely give these away at 1/3rd their original price, and many TRUs still have a bunch of 'em.

Still, it's a good idea, would be nice to get something special to commemorate ESB.

stillakid
04-27-2005, 11:05 PM
It may have something to do with the fact that KB can barely give these away at 1/3rd their original price, and many TRUs still have a bunch of 'em.

Still, it's a good idea, would be nice to get something special to commemorate ESB.

Not that I'm in the market for the old stuff, but where have you seen these still? :confused:

jedi master sal
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Okay, here's an ESB set I think we could get behind:

The end scene with Luke in medical gown and Leia standing next to him.

Heck, we've been clamoring for those figs for years, and here's the perfect opportunity to do so.

This could even have a nice double sided effect where we can view them from the front or back, by having a backdrop with the window cut out of it. This way looking through the window we see them facing out OR looking from behind them we see them looking out of the window.

-Sal

JediTricks
04-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Stilla, TRU Los Feliz still has a few, IIRC they're on the bottom shelf near the GI Joes now, where SW used to be. They may be in the regular SW section too, I have a vague recollection of that.

KB Burbank also had a few last time I was there.

JON9000
04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Han and Leia kiss scene from Bespin.
Good ideas, but I would like Han pointing in Leia's face on Hoth saying, "I can arrange that!"

Slicker
04-29-2005, 09:38 AM
See, Hasbro there are TONS of great ideas out their. I particularly like Imperial Monarche's one with Chewie choking Lando. Keep the ideas coming people.

Devo
04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
I can't see them making 'kissing figures'. What kind of facial expressions would these have, if you split the figures apart it'd look like when someone takes a photo of you without your knowledge and you're half blinking with one eye and your mouth is agape midsentence. It'd be wierd. Not that I wouldn't buy it, I just can't see that happening at all.

I like the Luke and Leia in pyjamas idea, and if those figures are going to happen they'll surely happen in some kind of 2-pack set such as this.

The ROTJ sailbarge swing is also one I'd definitely buy, thats a pose you can't mimmick with existing figures, besides any opportunity to make a new slave leia figure should be leapt upon by Hasbro. And as an off-topic sidenote we need preposed lying down figs of detention block Leia and slave Leia - again poses that can't be achieved with existing figures.

And since the Han and Chewie set for ANH wasn't actually based on a film scene, more on classic promotion stills (notably Han's short hair) ESB sets might not necessarily be taken directly from the film. I'm feeling very perverted today so my vote here would go for chewie grabbing Leia's boob from that photo which (recently?) surfaced!! Joking of course. (no I'm not, but I do understand thats less likely to happen than the Han/Leia kiss) But hey if they do that then maybe we'll get a similarly themed set for ROTJ outside the endor bunker based off the infamous groping 'gaffe'. Again, joking, just about.

However, my unlikely suggestions aside I am for this idea.

stillakid
04-29-2005, 08:15 PM
How about a three pack with Luke and Leia kissing and Han behind them with a :eek: on his face. :D

rust
04-30-2005, 04:28 PM
How about
Chewie and Lando (Choke Scene)
Luke and Yoda (Training
Boba Fett and Han (Rgiht before Han is put into Carbonite?

And on the Subject of ROTJ in 08:
Luke and Leia (Swinging)
Emperor (Sitting) and Guard
Darth and Luke

DarkArtist
05-03-2005, 08:35 PM
ESB 25th Anniversary 2-packs awesome idea, would definately buy, but knowing our luck they will be exclusive to some store, and in limited numbers, but here's to hoping that Hasbro actually cares for us and not the store that wants to have the only corner of this merchandise.

Truth Revealed

Bespin Gantry with breakaway railings and weather vain control tower, maybe a sound chip with the actual movie dialogue, perhaps the entire duel on the gantry ??????

A better improved Luke Bespin. No annoying action feature, better battle scarring and bruising. more articulation for a more movie like pose.

A better Bespin Vader, more natural pose, dented shoulder armor, soft goods cape, no action features.

The Search for a Hero

The end of Empire has such a beautiful sequence as Luke Leia R2 and Threepio gaze out into the vast galaxy as the Flacon blasts away with Lando and Chewie. This would make a great display piece. The background could be the window on board the medical frigate with perhaps a molded falcon attached to the window.

Figures are easy and long overdue, Leia in senator outfit with hair down, Luke in PJ's standard r2 and ROTS threepio with silver leg.

CaptainSolo1138
05-09-2005, 08:31 AM
I want Lando looking over his shoulder to his man-servant Lobot. Hasbro will never be able to make enough Lobot figures. Vader force choking Needa would be pretty sweet, too.

Devo
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I want Lando looking over his shoulder to his man-servant Lobot. Hasbro will never be able to make enough Lobot figures. Vader force choking Needa would be pretty sweet, too.

Well that would be another opportunity for Hasbro to try (for the love of god) to get the scale right between Lando and Lobot. Then again the 25th Anniversary sets for ANH didn't have any non-core characters so I don't imagine similar sets for ESB and ROTJ having anything but the core characters in pairs.

I'd also like to make another Return of the Jedi nomination - Darth Vader turning on the Emperor at his moment of redemption, holding him above his head, emperor's lightning arcing backwards.

Rogue II
05-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Sticking to pairs of main characters, for ESB, I would like to see:

R2 re-attaching C-3PO's foot
Han & Leia, right before he's frozen
Vader with a Snowtrooper in Echo Base
Or
Vader with Boba Fett
Or
Vader vs. Luke

ROTJ is harder to choose:
Vader with Prisoner Luke (Endor)
Blind Man Solo and Boba Fett (from Skiff)
Maybe Luke & Leia in Endor gear or Bunker Raid Han & Chewbacca. Of course, they wouldn't want 2 of the same character in 2 different sets....oh I give up.

DarkArtist
05-11-2005, 07:29 AM
all hasbro has to due is reissue the cinema scenes line, three figures 19.99. Look at some of the sets we got that had all new figure sculpts. :)