PDA

View Full Version : Lava / CIII Vader

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Now that its all said and done, which one is the rarest?

To get the CIII you had to go to CIII (as we all know) and probably wait in line for hours. They are already sold out online.

The lava Vader was available to everyone, but were in very limited numbers, some store didnt even get them.

Whats your take?

dindae
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Well I am not sure about rarity since I don't know how many C3 Vaders were produced. I would say that the C3 Vader is definately harder to get through normal means (not through a scalper). I know even going to C3 it was less of a headache to get my Target Vader than to get my C3 Vader. I only had to stand in line for 2 1/2 hours and that was about the shortest I heard of from other there. Now if there are 100,000 or more C3 Vaders I think the price will slowly die down to maybe $30 but I doubt it will go lower than that. But if there were only 50,000 or less it could get ugly but it still won't be as bad as Toy Fair Vader.

Kidhuman
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
How many C3 Vaders were made?

Jayspawn
04-27-2005, 10:34 AM
I dont know how many C3 Vaders there were/are. I got mine on Sunday of the Celebration having to wait 4 1/2 hours in line to get one (that among other things). And that was the shortest wait of them all compared to other people waiting up to 12 hours!

The Lava Vader was a LOT easier to get then the C3 Vader. Scalpers were rampid durring C3 -it was sickening.

dindae
04-27-2005, 10:40 AM
According to rebelscum there are 50,000 so definately seems like C3 vader wins hands down not because its rarer but because fewer people had access.

betterthanfett
04-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I think it's the c3 vader. He was so hard to get....I went and didn't even get in the convention, let alone the store. And to make it worse, there are people selling these on ebay that got enitre cases of them. That is just stupid to let a single person buy a SEALED CASE of such an exclusive toy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5971601378&rd=1

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? I'm still fuming from the stupidity at the convention!

Bantha274
04-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I think it's the c3 vader. He was so hard to get....I went and didn't even get in the convention, let alone the store. And to make it worse, there are people selling these on ebay that got enitre cases of them. That is just stupid to let a single person buy a SEALED CASE of such an exclusive toy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5971601378&rd=1

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? I'm still fuming from the stupidity at the convention!

You could buy as many figures as you had day passes for. So 2 adults with a child, each with 4-day passes could by a total of twelve figures. Those who did this were given a sealed case (1 case = 12 figures). Several people who were in line with me at the C3 store did this.

I also found out AFTER going to the store that you could take more than one pass in with you. For instance, my wife didn't go to the convention with us on Saturday. I could have taken her 4-day pass with me and bought a total of 8 figures with mine and her passes. It's always the little details you don't find out about until it's too late, isn't it?
Grrr.

betterthanfett
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't care what the little details were; the bottom line is that there were THOUSANDS of people at the convention, with a preordered pass, who still didn't get a figure. If they wanted it to be at all fair, they could have mailed a figure to you when you pre-ordered your pass, or handed you one as you walked through the door to make it so you had to be there to get one. The people who didn't pre-order a pass and those that wanted a second (or twelveth) could take thier chances at the store. Under no circumstances do I believe the way C3 was handled correct.

dindae
04-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I don't think anyone will argue that it was done correctly in anyway. One improvement over last time is that I never heard they sold out of figures. The problem this time was they couldn't process the amount of people. Honestly if they just doubled the amount of cashiers it would have been much better. And cash only lines just added to the confusion they aren't any faster just less people in line. I also saw plenty of people that went through the first day and didn't get their badge punched. I think they cracked down on that some when I went through on Friday but if they didn't run out of figures then it is a mute point anyway.

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Well, I will throw my $0.02 in on this discussion. I had a 4 day pass for the convention. I went with my girlfriend and our 2 boys (5 years & 8 months old). Thursday we showed up about hour before the Fan Club door was supposed to open. It took us almost 3 hours to get into the convention due to the line. By the time we got inside the store line was capped. Friday & Saturday the people working security allowed us to get in the middle of the line due to the fact of the weather and our kids. We were still unable to get into the store even though it took us about 30 minutes to get into the convention. Sunday, there was hardly no wait to get into the convention. We went straight to the store and were immediately able to go in and get in line. We waited for several hours to get up to the cashier. I was only planning on purchasing 8 figures, but I purchased 16 figures because I had (4) 4-day passes and I knew that I could use them for trades for things that I am missing. And FYI, they did not punch my badges.

I had spoken with several people the first 3 days that I was there that had made it into the store and purchased figures, and most of them did not get their badges punched. Several people that I talked to were either able to buy more than they should have been allowed, or were able to buy their allowed figures more than once due to not getting their badges punched.

I think that the figures should not have been in the store to begin with. They should have been @ the counter where you purchased your badges and you should have been given your only opportunity then to buy them. For those who pre-ordered their badges, they should have been given the option to pre-order the Vaders and pick them up at the convention. That would have allowed everyone to get their allowed figures and would have kept several people from buying more than what was allowed.

Also, the fact that the Vaders showed up on starwarsshop.com is something else that troubles me. I, for one, would have been very pi**ed if I would have been unable to get into the store to purchase my Vader and then come to find out that they sold the leftovers online. If anyone that reads this was at CIII and did not get a Vader, if I were you I would call either StarWarsShop.com or someone @ Gen Con (since that is where the payment went for the tickets) and demand that something be done. The fact that people who did not go to the convention are able to buy the leftovers is BS. Escpecially since there are people who did go to the convention, that still want to buy their Vaders.

Well, I am done venting. But like I said, if you were @ CIII and were not able to get into the store to get your Vaders, CALL AND COMPLAIN.

sithspider
04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
I guess since every one is chiming in in this I thought I would to I did not get to go to C3 and I wanted to (I did get a Vader from sws.com though) I understand about people being mad about waiting but that does not mean that people who did'nt or could'nt go should not be able to get a Vader from there. I thought the Idea was to go and take in all things Star Wars. I mean Lucas was there and there were Auographs to get. People that did get to go cannot buy that online. Like I said I would be heated to if I waited hours in line just to get in. But there were lots of fans that did not get a chance to go and I belive that they should be able to get a mometum from C3. And the other question about which is rarer I wold think that only Time will tell but I have both But I would go with the C3 Vader.

evenflow
04-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I think there are alot more C3 Vaders than we think.

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 08:23 PM
I guess since every one is chiming in in this I thought I would to I did not get to go to C3 and I wanted to (I did get a Vader from sws.com though) I understand about people being mad about waiting but that does not mean that people who did'nt or could'nt go should not be able to get a Vader from there. I thought the Idea was to go and take in all things Star Wars. I mean Lucas was there and there were Auographs to get. People that did get to go cannot buy that online. Like I said I would be heated to if I waited hours in line just to get in. But there were lots of fans that did not get a chance to go and I belive that they should be able to get a mometum from C3. And the other question about which is rarer I wold think that only Time will tell but I have both But I would go with the C3 Vader.

I have to disagree with you on this. I don't think sws.com should have offered this figure to the general public. I don't know how they would have done it, but they should have offered the extras to the people who attended C3 and did not get the opportunity to buy them. I mean, how is this considered an exclusive if they are going to sell it online to everyone afterwards.

I was there for 4 days. I got everyones autograph who was there signing, including Warwick Davis. There were several things that I did not get to do that I would have liked to. I would have liked to have seen George Lucas, but I wasn't about to camp out overnight to do so. There were several shows that I would have liked to see, but I spent most of my time in the autograph lines.

There were several people that I talked to that had 1 day passes that were upset over the fact that they could not get into the store. There were people that I talked to that waited in line to get into the store, only to have the store closed before they got in there. How do you think they would feel over the fact that people who didn't spend the money that they did on tickets (plus hotels, travel, etc.) and didn't wait in the lines only to come up empty handed are being given the chance to purchase something that they wanted and that they should be given the opportunity to purchase first?

It is not right. Period. If you were not at C3, then you should not have the opportunity to purchase this figure anywhere else than the seconday market. That is the whole point of the figure being "exclusive". I wasn't able to go to C2, nor was I given to opportunity to purchase Jorg Sacul from sws.com. I had to trade someone to get him. I did not get upset about it then, because I knew that he was an exclusive.

dindae
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
The only con exclusive they have not put on the starwars store has been Jorg Sucal and that is because it sold out completely at CII. Toy Fair Vader,
Silver sandtrooper, and Silver Fett all were offered. Making a list of people who came but didn't get a figure would require even more time and effort. They were even vigilant enough to punch the badges. Why? They use volunteer labor. These people could care less. And every person who go to them and whined "this line is too long" just ticked them off more. If the had a celebation every year maybe in 5 years they could get it right but we will probably never see that.

sithspider
04-28-2005, 09:07 PM
I have to disagree with you on this. I don't think sws.com should have offered this figure to the general public. I don't know how they would have done it, but they should have offered the extras to the people who attended C3 and did not get the opportunity to buy them. I mean, how is this considered an exclusive if they are going to sell it online to everyone afterwards.

I was there for 4 days. I got everyones autograph who was there signing, including Warwick Davis. There were several things that I did not get to do that I would have liked to. I would have liked to have seen George Lucas, but I wasn't about to camp out overnight to do so. There were several shows that I would have liked to see, but I spent most of my time in the autograph lines.

There were several people that I talked to that had 1 day passes that were upset over the fact that they could not get into the store. There were people that I talked to that waited in line to get into the store, only to have the store closed before they got in there. How do you think they would feel over the fact that people who didn't spend the money that they did on tickets (plus hotels, travel, etc.) and didn't wait in the lines only to come up empty handed are being given the chance to purchase something that they wanted and that they should be given the opportunity to purchase first?

It is not right. Period. If you were not at C3, then you should not have the opportunity to purchase this figure anywhere else than the seconday market. That is the whole point of the figure being "exclusive". I wasn't able to go to C2, nor was I given to opportunity to purchase Jorg Sacul from sws.com. I had to trade someone to get him. I did not get upset about it then, because I knew that he was an exclusive. Isn't sws.com the 2nd market? If C3 was the orginal place to buy them. So just because I could'nt make it there. I should be able to have one? So only real fans went? So my holo yoda should I be mad that I got one at midnight madness and then they gave them away a week later? Most of those people were not there at mm the TRU i went to only had 12. Am I mad no. Why should I have to pay more beacuse I did'nt go. I guess most people are not going to agrre on this. Nor does it matter cause its just my opion. I would be mad at the people that bought more them they needed just to sell them. ONLY FANS SHOULD HAVE THEM NOT JUST PEOPLE THAT WENT TO C3.

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Isn't sws.com the 2nd market? If C3 was the orginal place to buy them. So just because I could'nt make it there. I should be able to have one? So only real fans went? So my holo yoda should I be mad that I got one at midnight madness and then they gave them away a week later? Most of those people were not there at mm the TRU i went to only had 12. Am I mad no. Why should I have to pay more beacuse I did'nt go. I guess most people are not going to agrre on this. Nor does it matter cause its just my opion. I would be mad at the people that bought more them they needed just to sell them. ONLY FANS SHOULD HAVE THEM NOT JUST PEOPLE THAT WENT TO C3.

No, sws.com is not the 2nd market. They were selling the leftovers that were not sold at C3. Ebay, hobby shops, & online retailers are the secondary market. I'm not saying you should not be able to have one, but you should not be able to buy the ones that were left over from C3, when there are people that are still wanting them, who were there and unable to get them. As for the TRU Holo Yoda, it was not just a MM exclusive, because they had already planned on giving them away with a $25 purchase even before MM.

sithspider
04-28-2005, 09:31 PM
I should'nt have said 2nd market I should have said 2nd chance. LIke you said about the yoda they did plan to do it again and hasbro said the same thing about that Vader that there would some available on line after the show. Now weather or not you should be a Hyperspace member or people who had passes or badges from C3 should have been able to get them 1st is another discussion. Now I agree with what some have said that people who had badges should have been able to prepay for one. And get it at the show with having to stay in line. If you wanted more ou could get in ine but at least you got your one per badge so to say. But i guess not matter how you look at no one is going to be happy how they handle it. I assume they figured that they could get it to more people this way.

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 09:51 PM
I agree. But here is my opinion on how they should have done it. First of all, if you pre-ordered your passes, then you should have been given your ONLY opportunity to pre-order your Vaders. You could then pick them up during the convention. On-site registation & will-call should have been given their ONLY opportunity to purchase their Vaders when they purchased and paid for their passes. This would have cut down on alot of the people that wanted in the store. Also, they would not have had to worry about punching the badges. I, for one, am glad that when I purchased my Vaders on Sunday that I got someone who did not punch my badge. I did not want my badge punched because of wanting to keep it.

Veers
04-28-2005, 09:54 PM
I think the lava Vader would be more rare, but Celebration Vader is harder to get since you had to be at the convention to get it.

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 09:57 PM
I think so too. I would love to know how many C3 Vaders were actually made. I saw tons of people walking around the convention with full cases of them.

sithspider
04-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Well hopfully there will be a C4 an I will have a chance to go and the horror stories I am hearing from this one will be corrected I hear you about the badge though I actually got to keep my ticket for my lava vader (ticket #1) and taped on the back of his case. Also glad we agree on something lol. I hope all that wanted a C3 Vader got one and they enjoy it.

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 10:06 PM
They took my ticket for my lava Vader. Dont remember what # it was. Hopefully I can help out some of the people who did not get a C3 Vader, if they can help me out. :)

sithspider
04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I hear that. I was talking to some fellow Mass. people seeing if (know it sounds childish) but hide figures for each other. But it works. I would much rather help some one out then seem them have to resort to eaby or elsewhere and pay to much. Like me I needed help with swimming Jar Jar and the BD Destroyer Droid. the only 2 i am missing 49 out 51

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I here ya. Now I just hope I can trade all of my C3 Vaders for things that I actually need. I missed out on alot of the OTC due to being in the KebCo *almost "One-Of-Every-Figure" club. I am also still missing a couple of the store exclusive vehicles from the previous lines.