PDA

View Full Version : Boycott TV Guide

wedge1968
04-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Yesterday, I fired off a very angry letter to TV Guide for their reveailing article about the new Star Wars film. There was one thing that I was looking forward to learning in this film, and I had done a good job up to this point not to learn it. In Mr. Logan's article, however, he revealed this spoiler without any warning at all. I sent a scathing letter to TV Guide and informed them that I would no longer be patronizing their magazine. I hope that anyone reading this feels compelled to do the same thing (if not the boycott, at least a nasty letter). Please, send them feedback letting them know that revealing key elements to films is one of the worst things that they can do. In my opinion, they've ruined Revenge of the Sith for me.

They can be reached at letters@tvguide.com

Kidhuman
04-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Ummmm....what was the spoiler?

wedge1968
04-27-2005, 09:10 AM
I'd rather not say, for fear of doing the same thing to others that they did to me. It involves the fate of a character, and has been the subject of endless speculation and debate between myself and leagues of others for a long time now.

Kidhuman
04-27-2005, 09:11 AM
You do know I have to buy a TV guide now, or a mod could move it to spoilers...

wedge1968
04-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I'll send you a message.

wedge1968
04-27-2005, 09:26 AM
I take it back; I can't send messages. REGARDLESS, don't buy TV Guide. If you've been reading spoilers, you won't be surprised by the revelation. If you were, like me, waiting to see the movie, then this was a pretty big plot giveaway.

James Boba Fettfield
04-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Now where would a topic like this go? Not really television talk. Does deal with SW, but more about how a magazine published a spoiler and upset an unsuspecting fan.

I'm going to sit this one in General Discussion for now. Best place as any for it right now.

stillakid
04-27-2005, 12:11 PM
I think it was that Anakin becomes Darth Vader.... :p

Rocketboy
04-27-2005, 12:11 PM
If by boycott you mean not buying it, then I've been boycotting TV Guide for years.
:D

2-1B
04-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I've been boycotting them for about 15 years. :p

Jamyz IMO this would go under comics/books which also includes magazines.

As to the point of the thread, now why would you even read a magazine article this close to the film's release ? I mean come on, we're less than a month away and there is tons and tons of stuff coming out now with spoilers attached, so why not just STAY AWAY from it ? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and why is TV Guide writing articles about a movie ? :crazed:

General_Grievous
04-27-2005, 01:39 PM
One part of my brain is saying "Isn't this getting a bit too out of control? Boycotting a magazine for one stupid spoiler? Big deal!" but then the other part of my brain is saying "I don't care. I don't buy TV Guide. I have digital cable".

Rocketboy
04-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh yeah, and why is TV Guide writing articles about a movie ? :crazed:The only reasons I can think of are the upcoming tv series (can't start the promotion early enough!) and the other one is $.

moulman
04-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Its preety easy to boycott tv guide considering theres tvguide.com and the preview channel....stillakid that comment made my day :p

InsaneJediGirl
04-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I use the DirecTV little remote control guide,but still wouldnt boycott TV Guide.Spoilers are everywhere,without warning,so you just have to live under a rock until May 19th :D

bobafrett
04-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Is it the TV guide with the 4 covers? I usually pick them up if they have anything Star Wars on them, but I watch so little television, I don't even bother to read the content inside. Not to mention, I have read enough on the spoiler sites that I know more than I wanted too already?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-29-2005, 05:56 PM
This reminds me . . . I need to buy a SW TV guide! The other films had great covers and I haven't seen these ones yet.

SPOILER ALERT! BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

What was the spoiler? About Padmé dying? Or Mace? Whom?

plasticfetish
05-03-2005, 05:49 AM
TV Guide always has spoilers. That horoscope page is downright amazing. :Ponder:

bobafrett
05-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I bought all 5 of the special SW cover issued TV guides. I did not read them though, even though I have read and seen enough about the movie to ruin my unspoilered self silly.

Edit, left off a "t"

Slicker
05-05-2005, 02:16 AM
I was only able to find 2 of the covers but I'll hopefully find the rest of them.

BTW, it took me about 5 damn minutes to even find the EP III article with all of the stupid cardboard inserts. I didn't even read the article but if you don't want spoilers you should really know better than to even read about the movie.

Darth Chicken Head
05-06-2005, 09:16 PM
thats a great reason to boycott something..i mean really , reading an interview with a guy whos seen the movie AND gives a review of it !!!!! damn , a spolier!!!??? youve got to be posting this for the attention , right ?? ( man , i fell for it AGAIN !!) oh well , hey btw , stay away from the novel . you know , just in case lollol and my mommy bought me all the diff. versions and gave me her special one sent to subscribers only ( hope its true and i wont see it at walmart ):p