PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow to produce 12 inch line?

sith_killer_99
04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I heard a rumor from a couple of vendors that Sideshow was going to get the 12 inch license for Star Wars, or that they would at least be producing some 12 inch figures. Given the work they have done of the 18 inch stuff I say this could be a very good thing.

Remember this is all just speculation and rumor at thing point, but here are a few 12 inch figures I would love for them to do:

Darth Vader OT style with cloth capes and 3 piece removable helmet
Stormtrooper with lots of articulation
Bounty Hunters (ESB)
Boba Fett

Sideshow has shown what a wonderful job they can do with the 18 inch stuff, I can't wait to see what they can do with the 12 inch line.

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Where do you purchase Sideshow products.....retail stores or online at their website?

dalekjedi
05-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Yes I Think Its A Good Think As Well If Sideshow Gets The 12" Line To. I Think Hasbro Sould Stick The 3/4" Range.

Ji'dai
05-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Sideshow would probably do a better job than Hasbro with the alien or armored/helmeted characters such as Vader or Fett. But I think they would still struggle with capturing accurate likenesses of the actors like most toy companies do, including Hasbro.

I was tempted to collect Sideshow's 12" Buffy the Vampire Slayer line but I was disappointed with poor likenesses on the Alysson Hannigan (Willow) and Eliza Dushku (Faith) figures. I have a feeling Sideshow would also have problems capturing likenesses of the human characters in Star Wars. Plus their 12" line is really over priced at $40 each.

Sideshow's 18" Han and Luke look pretty good but they have low production runs. I've noticed a drop in quality in figures that are produced in larger quantities as they go from prototype to production. Look at Hasbro's 12" VOTC Luke prototype photos and what we eventually got. The mass produced figure looked like a Ken doll with a goofy smile. I honestly don't think Sideshow would fare any better and they would charge twice as much.

dalekjedi
05-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Well As I Said Before I Think Sideshow Would Do A Better Job Then Hasbro, As I Collect Their James Bond 12" Range And X Files And They Are Superb Likenesses

Dark Helmet
05-22-2005, 08:24 AM
I have never heard of sideshow....do they sale in a retail storew or are they an online shop only? Anyone!!:confused:

Ji'dai
05-22-2005, 12:57 PM
DH, Sideshow does offer their product through their webstore. You can also find their stuff in comic shops and some online toy/collectible stores.

They occasionally offer some figures exclusively at comic conventions. For those collectors who can't make the con, Sideshow runs a 'lottery' and those that enter might win a chance to buy the exclusive.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=0

Dark Helmet
05-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the information. I checked out their website briefly but need to navigate through it more!! Thanks for the link you posted!!

megaprime33
05-23-2005, 10:20 AM
They have really good statues and such and I'm sure if they did do 12" figures that would be at the same calibur, so I am totally on board for them to do the figures as well. Will it happen though? I doubt it.

drfunkyv
06-11-2005, 08:30 PM
You should see the quality on their James Bond line... most of the figs are dead on (at least the male figures)... thus I would love to see them make a 12" line. However, Medicom seems as if they have the license right now (although it could just be for the Asian markets)... their new Vader and Stormtrooper figs are sweet.

Dark Helmet
06-11-2005, 11:18 PM
DH, Sideshow does offer their product through their webstore. You can also find their stuff in comic shops and some online toy/collectible stores.

They occasionally offer some figures exclusively at comic conventions. For those collectors who can't make the con, Sideshow runs a 'lottery' and those that enter might win a chance to buy the exclusive.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=0

What about the holo leia? It is selling for 14.99 at the conventions. How to sign up for the lottery????:confused:

Ji'dai
06-12-2005, 05:15 PM
The exclusive Holo Leia is made by Hasbro, not Sideshow. If you want the Leia, you'll have to go to a con and buy it yourself or find someone who is going and ask them to pick one up for you. However, a few Holo Leia figures may eventually be sold through StarWarsShop.com or to Hyperspace members after the convention season ends.