PDA

View Full Version : I like the articulation!

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 05:26 PM
I actually like the articulation of the Power Of The Jedi Figures, there great, there like minature replicers, because in all honesty, we're all adults (nearly), what would we want to be playing with them for!
More articulation Less Detail!

PloKoon2385
01-08-2002, 05:37 PM
NO! We need detail! I mean we don't want to have POTF3! I think that we should have equality between the two and by the way, I am 16 and I still play with them:rolleyes:
So, We need detail still!

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 05:39 PM
I don't understand you people, how can you play with them?

bigbarada
01-08-2002, 06:13 PM
It's easy you put one figure in one hand, another figure in another hand and just start banging them together until they are reduced to nothing more than multi-colored sludge.:)

General Veers
01-08-2002, 07:42 PM
I don't play with my figs I'm too old for that:D I just mainly look at them and display them, but if adults paly with them that;s fine with me.

yaddle yodas love pu
01-08-2002, 09:33 PM
POTF2 proved that Hasbro can give us both articulation AND deatil when they want to. Look at Bespin Guard-- finely sculpted in great detail and extra articulation on the arms. Same with Sandtrooper, Comm tech Stormtrooper, even Plo Koon has extra arm aticulation. What is a real crime is these E2 figures which have ZERO articulaiton and have very little detail -- they look like they are goofy toy biz comic book characters.

Jayspawn
01-09-2002, 01:25 AM
I play with mine every now and then. But I mostly use mine for dispay, set up and scene building. The articulation really comes in handy. We still need it. I don't like 'statue' or 'one pose' figures even if I don't play with them.

JEDIpartner
01-09-2002, 08:34 AM
Oh... here I go...

All right... I still play with mine from time to time. I'm 34 years old and when i am having a really bad day... I like to have the escape. It's great stress relief and makes me feel like a kid again. After a hour of this... I am ready to be an adult again.

Darth Evil
01-09-2002, 01:17 PM
I sometimes play with them, when I'm really bored.

LTBasker
01-09-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm 15 and I love playing with them! Especially the LEGOs! Currently, the Rebels are waiting to rebuild their secret base and the Imperials are waiting for a squadron of TIE Bombers and TIE Interceptors (still need to get some Interceptors, haven't had the chance. :( ) while they've taken over the Mos Eisley cantina 3-D background playset and R2-Q5 shows off the plans for the Death Star III! :D And on my Carbon Freeze Playset, Bespin Luke and Dagobah Vader are dueling it out against MOTDS 2-pack Maul! Even if you don't play with your figures, don't you think it's fun to put them in dioramas of your own imagination? Like say for instance wouldn't you want a diorama of an off-corridor in which the Rebel Troopers are fighting Stormtroopers and you want them in several posistions. Detail + Awesome articulation sells and is possible....just check out those new Spider-Man figures that are coming out, I'd love to get some Stormtroopers done with THAT articulation!

derek
01-10-2002, 12:00 AM
i bought the 25th anniversary han/chewy and luke/leia, opened them and set them on my dashboard in my car. they fit in a groove perfectly and stay put. i've now been driving around with them there for about a week,looking at them while sitting in traffic, and while the sculpts are really good, the articulation is really useless. if hasbro is going to continue with these posed figures, i say drop the articulation all together and mold the figure in one piece and drop the price about 75%. i know some would hate this, but we're paying for useless joints. i feel this is an all or nothing issue. either we get super-articulated figures, or little plastic statues. i just can't justify the prices as they are now.

humsup
01-10-2002, 03:25 AM
There is still a need for articulations which was mentioned that in a diorama, the extra movement will come in handy to pose the figure more naturally. So far, I think the CTC Han Solo has the BEST articulations among the lot.
And yes, I still plays with my SWAFs and I'm 29 this year. But somehow, the joy of a child is no longer there....
I also used the figs to do mini comic strips like what they always do in the TOYFARE mag :)

PloKoon2385
01-13-2002, 02:08 PM
There needs to be a balance between the two. Detail and Articulation are both important, you can't have too much of either though. If you have too much detail, you sacrifice the articulation (usually), if you have too much articulation you have to sacrifice detail. So there must be balance. Us collectors do tend to whine a lot though. We want something and Hasbro gives it to us, then we whine about something else. There is only so much they can do to a 3 3/4" hunk of plastic. Give Hasbro a break. Atleast we are GETTING some figures. And they are MUCH improved over the older ones.

GNT
01-13-2002, 09:22 PM
If I was to play withy them I'd probably break them with my big oversized fingers and then I'd have to replace them :(

hamsterboy
01-14-2002, 12:51 AM
I've always thought they would be better if they had bodies like the old 3 3/4" G.I. Joe figures.