PDA

View Full Version : C3 Regrets

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Now that the convention has been over for a few days, does anyone wish they had done something differently? I myself have a had a few regrets, minor ones, but if I could go back and do things differently, here is what I would have done.

1) Left earlier & later - I didn't get in to Indy until Thursday afternoon, due to circumstances beyond my control. The whole first day was a washout for me considering a took a nap upon getting into the hotel room. I went later that night with the SSG gang but were denied access to the opening ceremonies due to heavy crowds.
I also left Sunday afternoon on a jet plane when I could have left on Monday. Another wasted day :stupid:

2) Saw Lucas - George met with the fans on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, that was the last chance for me to get figures at the C3 store, and I had an obligation to fulfill with those figures, so I couldn't have skipped that portion of the day. It was a tough choice, but I knew I had to wait to get to the store. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have liked to gone on Friday.

3) Saw the musical and the one-man show - I hear that both of the shows were great, especially the performer for the one-man show. Due to time limitations, I couldn't get to them. If I followed through on regret 1, then this problem would have been solved.

Regrets, I've had a few, then again, too few to mention :) But my eyes are not stinging in the bitter tears of disappointment. I had a blast and hope to attend some similar future event. :classic:

sith_killer_99
04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
1. Not meeting up with everyone from SSG or spending more time with those that hung out together. :( Time was a big factor, plus lousy cell phone reception. :mad:

2. Not buying my figures sooner, I missed out on the exclusive Star Case for the Vaders. :mad:

3. Not being able to get a second Sandtrooper bust to sell for $1,000,000.00 on Ebay. JK LOL I was hoping to grab one for Turbowars.

4. I missed George Lucas.

Ahhh, scratch number 4, I didn't really care about seeing him that much. :cry:

Anyway, I was happy to be able to bring my daughter for one day and glad she had the opportunity to go into Star Wars overload. I hope she will remember the event when she is older. I really enjoy sharing my love of Star Wars with her and hope she will take to it like her old man some day. Lord knows I encourage her. :D

moulman
04-27-2005, 10:40 PM
lets see...
1) Only going on Friday

2) Not getting into the c3 store

3) not realizing everyone from SSG was meeting up

wedge1968
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I regret spending all day in the celebration store to get that action figure. I should have just spent my day at the convention and bought it on ebay.

Dar' Argol
04-27-2005, 11:31 PM
I regret:

Not getting into the Opening Ceremonies expecially after The 'Xir told me there was more seats left AFTER THE FACT :D.

Spending 6+ hours in the store line . . but then again I also DON'T regret that as well

Leaving my camera back at the motel on Thurs . . . . D'oh!

Spending time outside in line when there was other ways in . . . :sur:

Not seeing Lucas . . . although my daughter cannot wear Lucas nor will he hang on my wall . . . .

Not having more money!!!

LBC . . remember though, we did get to see Star Wars in 30 . . that show was AWESOME!!! The one man show was great too . . . didn't see the musical . . . maybe that's a good thing :beard:

Jayspawn
04-27-2005, 11:33 PM
I have a few....

1. Not getting to meet up with more SSG Members. Time was also a big factor for me. I was busy as hell.

2. Taken a digital camera. I used a disposable. The pictures (there were a lot) and they turned out like crap!

bobafrett
04-27-2005, 11:38 PM
I regret not going.

After I spent 12 hours "volunteering" for CII, I was planning on just attending a convention like everyone else, and getting to see more events, costumes, props. I missed a lot of that working as a badge check person at CII. There were also more of the Stormtroopers/bad guys at CIII than at CII. Maybe the next convention will be better.

Dar' Argol
04-27-2005, 11:39 PM
I have a few....

1. Not getting to meet up with more SSG Members. Time was also a big factor for me. I was busy as hell.

2. Taken a digital camera. I used a disposable. The pictures (there were a lot) and they turned out like crap!

I regret that you did not stick around after meeting you in the Autograph hall. I could have taken you out to see some of the SSG'ers . . . . Ahhh well . . . .

QLD
04-28-2005, 12:05 AM
I guess my main regrets are:

-Not getting into the store to get a Vader figure. :(
But, on the upside, I got to see the 1-man show, 30 minute show, and the musical.

-Letting my wife come along. While I love her, and enjoy her company, her not being a Star Wars fan really put a damper on some of my enjoyment. The lines put her in a real foul mood, which in turn, put me in a foul mood.

-Not getting into the Lucasfilm archives. Everytime I tried, the line was insane.

-Not taking more pictures

-Not getting to hang out with the SSG'ers more.

The 'Xir
04-28-2005, 12:50 AM
1) I think I could have waited a day before going out to CIII, like LBC did! It would have given me a chance to work one more day, and bring more money out to the event!

As a result 2) Not seeing Geroge Lucas!! I had the chance to get out of the Toy/Store line(and out of the rain) to see him and I didn't take it!!! Why?, because I didn't bring a ton of cash out with me to CIII and because my Badge never got punched the first time I bought figs I was able to buy 4more figs and thought that I could sell them to have enough/more money for CIII and to get back to Da'Cuse! When In hindsight, I had brought some of my Companies merchandise out with me and If I had not spent the $72bucks on four more figs & cases and worked my way back to the Cuse like I did, I would have been able to see George and still have enough money!!! :dis:

3) Take More Photos! I don't have a digital camera, and once again I didn't have a ton of money to throw around! Although I could have from the onset I didn't buy a disposable until Sunday, last day and only got about 1/4 to 1/2 of the pics I wanted!

Hey Doc!!! I'll send you "you know who's" email addresses if you send me a good pic of the best Ventress of CIII! You know which one! I wish I had gone up and asked her, her name, 'cause she really did an AWESOME job and really knew how to work the crowd!

2-1B
04-28-2005, 02:34 AM
I kind of regret not going.

As it is, I make it to several cons a year (the biggest being WizWorld Chicago) so I just didn't have the means to go since I already allocated my summer trips . . . I should have just said **** it and did the roadie to Indy.

At the same time though, I HATE long lines and I don't know how much of that I could have handled. :crazed:

CooLJoE
04-28-2005, 03:55 AM
I regret...

1) Not getting tickets to the Celebration and Celebration III. It looked like it would have been rather fun. Instead we went back to the hotel early, changed to regular clothes, and headed to the Ram bar and grill (501st hangout).

2) Not getting into the Opening Ceremonies. We got done with the store on Thursday around 8pm and didn't know that the Hall wasn't full (and probably could have squeezed in). On the other hand, our feet were sore and all we wanted to do was sit or lay down so we could rest our feet.

3) Not seeing Lucas. I think that would have been cool to see. Of course, by not going we did do other things to pass the time, including actually eating lunch while at the convention center. Our usual meals the entire weekend were at night, so lunch was a first.

4) Not taking more pictures. I left with 30 or so possible pictures available on my digicam. I also had many opportunities for more pics of great costumes. I also wish I had a smaller digicam, as mine took up space and annoyed me wearing it around my neck while in my Jedi costume.

5) Not seeing the Archives. I heard the stuff looked amazing. But we refused to get in line just for that. It was always like 100 people long or more.

6) Not getting a locker. That has to be one of the bigger regrets. People seemed to be holding a locker the entire weekend, as I never saw one that wasn't in use. There is nothing like being able to hit the store or exhibit hall and then be able to drop it off at a locker for the rest of the day. I am definetely getting a locker right when the doors open next time.

Overall, I still had a blast at the event. Can't wait for C4.

dr_evazan22
04-28-2005, 09:23 AM
- Not seeing george Lucas

- Not seeing SW in 30

- Not getting autographs of the pre vis team (Tiemans, Church, McCaig....)

- Not hanging with other SSG'ers (other then those I was rooming with)

- Missing the Opening Ceremonies. Why it wasn't made available for all to see I don't know

- getting Tim Zahn's autograph. I wanted to get everyone's autograph in my ROTS novel, and he wouldn't since it wasn't his novel (Aaron Allston and the lady that wrote Republic Commando did). He ended up signing 2 stickers he keeps with him that I can stick in his novel.

And 'Xir - I'll get that pic emailed over. I have a couple of her.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-28-2005, 10:40 AM
3) Take More Photos! I don't have a digital camera, and once again I didn't have a ton of money to throw around! Although I could have from the onset I didn't buy a disposable until Sunday, last day and only got about 1/4 to 1/2 of the pics I wanted!

I can count that as a regret also. But the bad part is that I do own a digital camera that works quite well, it was that I didn't trust myself to bring it down to Indy without it getting damaged, lost or stolen. I did buy a disposable, but like others have said, the picture quality probably sucks :nerv:

And Dar, the trilogy in 30 minutes was indeed a blast. I laughed my keester off pretty much nonstop during the whole performance. It was very fast-paced and the troupe did a nice job.

QLD
04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
For anyone that regrets missing the Celebration at Celebration III, don't, at least IMO.

It was basically like a lame carnival. Lots of dumb ring-toss type games, which all had lines out the wazoo. The last thing I felt like doing Saturday night was standing in more huge lines. The lines to buy food or drink were also humongous. Not to mention that the line for the free food was out of this world. My wife and I stayed for about 15 minutes, and then we ditched it in favor of driving around Indy, since we hadn't really seen the city.

xwing_5
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
1.)Not buying 10 of the Code 3 ESB convention exclusive 3d movie posters. Just kidding, but in all reality, I was the stupid guy who only bought 1, ONE, UNO, YEDEN, UN. . . While in line on Thursday, I literally saw people walking off with 6 or 8 of them each!!!!!

2.) Missing out on Opening Ceremonies.

3.) Hasbro giveaway. This really ticked me off. On Thursday, since we decided not to wait in the 8 hour line to get into the CIII store, we hit all of the vendors, including Hasbro. I even asked, are you guys doiing anything exclusive for the convention? and the guy behind the desk hands me a free attacktix figure and draws a circle on the back of my badge. and said "here you go, have a great time at the convention!!" And that was it. Well aparently, if you signed up for the new hasbro club one of every figure thing, which the hasbro guy neglected to tell us, you got a free gold XWING for the first 1000 to sign up!!! That really chaps my hyde. I was right there and the guy said nothing!!!!!

scruffziller
05-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Boy, I am really glad I didn't try to get into the Cele at Cele 3. SOunded like the whole nightmare of lines of the Con crammed into a small room.

1. Regret not seeing Lucas. Bummed too because it seems that it wasn't that hard to get into if you were in the building. So many people probably thought there was no chance to get in so lots didn't show up and then resulting lots of seats available too. Why did they have to have it so early in the morning in which the first 2 sessions were only open to the fan members?:confused: :(
2. Not being able to have hung out with more of SSG posse
3. Also, one that some of you guys may not have been aware of. An event seperate from the Con. The Star Wars Galaxies breakfast, I missed. Sold Out. Which was going on about the same time as Lucas at one of the hotels.

4. Not getting to meet any of the SW actors.

5. Also that one event called CONTINUITY.....something...something. That went on Saturday during the 1-man-SW show. Did anyone go to that? DAR!!!??? you wers suppose to be my point man on that did you go!!??
Give me a synopsis.

CooLJoE
05-10-2005, 04:20 AM
3.) Hasbro giveaway. This really ticked me off. On Thursday, since we decided not to wait in the 8 hour line to get into the CIII store, we hit all of the vendors, including Hasbro. I even asked, are you guys doiing anything exclusive for the convention? and the guy behind the desk hands me a free attacktix figure and draws a circle on the back of my badge. and said "here you go, have a great time at the convention!!" And that was it. Well aparently, if you signed up for the new hasbro club one of every figure thing, which the hasbro guy neglected to tell us, you got a free gold XWING for the first 1000 to sign up!!! That really chaps my hyde. I was right there and the guy said nothing!!!!!

Just so you know, the hasbro deal was like $400-500. You got all 52 figures (including red guard), the gold xwing (if one of the first 1000 to signup), and some other small bonuses.

Honestly, unless that gold Xwing turns out to be worth $150 or so, it wasn't worth it. For me, I didn't get it because I already had figures 1-32, so I'd have bought 32 double figures. so I passed on it.

BTW, you can get the gold Xwing on ebay for like $50.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
1. Not having a bigger umbrella.

2. Signing up both myself AND my girlfriend for Hyperspace, when I could have just given her the guest passes issued with the membership.

3. Not making sure my girlfriend had her pass when we left at 5 a.m. to get in line for the store.

dr_evazan22
05-10-2005, 11:39 PM
- It ended

- I was running out of money

- I didn't hang more with those I wasn't staying with

Dar' Argol
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
5. Also that one event called CONTINUITY.....something...something. That went on Saturday during the 1-man-SW show. Did anyone go to that? DAR!!!??? you wers suppose to be my point man on that did you go!!??
Give me a synopsis.

Ahhhhh . . .. ummmmm . . . . no, missed it. I think I was getting David Prowse's signature at the time . . .or something. But I know I missed it . . . . LBC was with me and I really cannot remember what we were doing at the time . . . sorry mate :(.

I wish we could have had a bit better organization for the SSG crew. Not that Dr Evazan didn't do his best, without what he did half of use would never have met up. But I wish there was a definitive meet and greet for all of us and all of us were aware of it. Those I did hang with, we had a blast! I would have liked to meet more of you!

LBC, the SW in 30 was a friggin RIOT!! I wish someone video taped it and would distribute it. Its soo hard to explain without the visuals!

I also regret not getting a better pic with the really HhhooooOOooootttTT!! Slave Leia. Granted, Chris did a good job without really knowing how to operate my camera . . but I would have liked a closer, picture . . . in many ways :D.

All in all I had a blast though . . so its not too many regrets.

The 'Xir
05-17-2005, 12:51 PM
- I didn't hang more with those I wasn't staying with

Sorry we bored you so much there Doc! ;) j/k! I guess We'll just have to work harder to please ya next time! :p :D