PDA

View Full Version : A little help for the non-spoiled

princethomas
04-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Hello. I have ventured into your spoiler forum with my eyes closed. I was wondering if one of you might be so kind as to help me out. On the front page of aint-it-cool-news theres an article about how Kevin Smith saw the movie and loved it. So maybe one of you spoiled-yet-saintly Star Wars fans might read that article and then, in the non-spoiler ROTS forum, post a brief non spoiler review of his review. I am dying to know what he said, but Im three weeks away and still almost completly spoiler free. Thanks a lot.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=20046

-T

sith_killer_99
04-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Well, Kevin loved the film almost as much as he appeared to relish spoiling ever major plot point of the film. Believe me if you want to stay spoiler free do not read the article.

He had nothing but praise for the film and calls it Dark, Dark, Dark. Which we all knew it would be. He also said that this is the film that all the naysayers (PT haters) were waiting for.

He also made mention that he "heard" there was a television series in the future. wink wink. I'm still willing to bet Kevin Smith will be involved in a big way.

princethomas
04-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks a lot. Man I can t wait for this movie.

El Chuxter
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
He also made mention that he "heard" there was a television series in the future. wink wink. I'm still willing to bet Kevin Smith will be involved in a big way.

How else would Kevin, who's essentially a fanboy to George, have the privilege of seeing ROTS three weeks early? :confused:

sith_killer_99
04-28-2005, 04:10 PM
No kiddin' also the fact that he goes out of his way to defend Hayden Chrisitansen's acting in ROTS, he must be on George's payroll. LOL ;)

2-1B
04-29-2005, 12:38 AM
I defend Hayden's acting and I've never worked with nor will I ever work for George Lucas.

Jargo
04-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Hayden's a pouting girly. just happens to be handy with a cheerleaders baton. The ability to drawl and scowl and pout does not an actor make. Harrison Ford is a perfect example of this. He appears in the movies he's in but that's not acting. It's an approximation of a take on what he thinks acting should be. With a twist of 'move there, hit the mark, say your line, keep your eyeline.'

Personally i think kevin Smith is a no mark. Vastly overrated. And anyone who submits anything to the ginger slug's site is a schmuck.

My advice is screw what any review says and go see for yourself. chances arew you were going to see it anyway so it makes no odds what anyone says about the movie. However describing the movie, (which to all intents and purposes is a quasi comic book/soap opera) as, "dark, dark, dark.", seems laughable. These movies have the depth of a wafer. Intellectualising them is pointless. George Lucas is hardly an Issacc Asimov now. If the movie were really dark, or really intelligent it might possibly be worth discussing in terms of themes and motifs. as it is its barely above the level of mighty morphin power rangers. and twice as ridiculous.
Yes we've all been waiting for this movie how astute kevin, point is your assertion that it'll impress everyone including the 'naysayers' as you so quaintly put it is highly erroneous. For al the images, trailers, tv spots, books, clips, script, story breakdown, leaked footage I've seen i fail still to be anything remotely near impressed.

Fact is, this movie is too little too late. It may make a bundle at the box office but it won't ever be a great movie.

El Chuxter
04-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Personally i think kevin Smith is a no mark.

Emperor Jargo. . . ? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time. :)

Out of curiosity, have you seen Jersey Girl? Or just the Jay & Silent Bob movies?

Bantha274
04-29-2005, 03:12 PM
No matter how hard-core a SW fan you are (and I consider myself pretty hard-core), it's still just a movie. I'm one of the few that liked both Ep I and II and so far, from what I've seen/heard, I think I am going to love ROTS. So to each his own. Opinions are like a-holes, we all have them. Some people just fart louder than others.:crazed:

Jargo
04-29-2005, 08:23 PM
*smiles in a vaguely enigmatic way and waves force weilding hand nonchalantly*

You don't need my justification......

2-1B
04-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Fair enough Jargo, then I'll restate it as:

I defend Hayden's "approximation of a take on what he thinks acting should be."

lol lol lol

Jargo
05-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes I'm particularly proud of that lumberingly clumsy sentence. One of my better efforts I must say. ;)

So glad we don't fight Caesar old chum. Differing opinion from a much more chivalrous age perhaps. Antsy shouty bickering is so tiresome.

And I do accept your defense of the boy's 'acting'. It wouldn't do if we all thought the same. How dull would life be without dissent and debate? But it is the ability to maintain ones sense of decorum that marks one out as a human being and not a mere ape that can form words and type. How happy am I that you and I and certain others have at least the distinction of being human. :beard:

2-1B
05-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Lumbering ? Clumsy ? Why, I thought it to be perfectly Jargonian ! ;)

I am so honored that you find me chivalrous but "human", I ain't. lol