PDA

View Full Version : Target Clone is really...Clone Wars SA Clone!?

CrunchyNug
04-28-2005, 02:49 AM
After cracking open one of my Target Exclusives, I began to notice that he looked rather familiar. I flipped him over to discover a 2003 date stamp on his foot. Strange, I thought...until I dug up one of my Super Articulated Clones from the Clone Wars line. Identical, except for the updated helmet, and the silly red paint which apparently cost an extra $7.

Strange to think that Target recycled this old guy and then almost tripled the price on us!!! So if you don't like the Quickdraw Action on #6, simply swap out the new heads with your SA Clones from '03. Now your old Troopers aren't so obsolete!!!

I must also note that the Target Clones have a foot hole now, whereas the '03 versions did not.

ace2005
04-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Nice observation, you are right, thanks for the pics. Definitely helps some of us on whether to pick these up or not. Guess you could count the star case it comes in as the extra cost.

thanks,

samskull
04-28-2005, 10:30 AM
But for that extra seven dollars you get the TARGET LOGO on him.

Just wait til the come out with the ultra-exclusive $30 Red Cape Royal Guard with white bullseye on his chest. Now that would be a commercial tie-in!:D

Kidhuman
04-28-2005, 10:37 AM
What a bunch of trash. ALl the more reason I am not getting this.

tagmac
04-28-2005, 10:48 AM
The Target logo? I thought this Clone Trooper had joined COBRA. :D

anti-hero
04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I never found the sa clone. Is that one superior to the quick draw clone? I seem to remember someone saying that quick draw has a better range of motion. Just wondering because I want more clones but I don't know if I should wait for 41's (which I believe is the same as the target one without the red) or just go for more quickdraws.

Scackmgack
04-28-2005, 11:28 AM
I think army building is the only motivation for getting these...either that or scalping. I got six, myself, because I like the unit markings on them. Heck, I would get sick of every variation I could if and when they are released. I love building clone armies.

If I was not an army builder, however, I would probably have only purchased one if given the opportunity, and wouldn't have cared much if I never found one at all...

jedi master sal
04-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Quick draw is a good representation of the ROTS clone. If you don't feel like waiting or don't want to pay the extra for the "Cobra" clone (Target Exclusive clone), then I'd reccommend getting more of the #6 clone.

-Sal

Lazer Brain
04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
fyi, here are some more pics of target SA clone trooper.
later

JEDIpartner
04-28-2005, 12:18 PM
The Target logo? I thought this Clone Trooper had joined COBRA. :D

I would be happy to find one if I could. Jedi Drew already found two... *shrug* perhaps I should hold his C3 Vader for ransom until he gives one over! LOL

I thought it was kinda cool that they dressed him up like the 12" version of the figure.

beckmen
04-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Looks like the #41 Clone is differant than the Clone Wars SA Clone and this Exclusive. The waist is kind of ball-jointed. #41 blows away the Quick-Draw Clone IMO.

Bacta Beast
04-28-2005, 08:37 PM
So how much is Target gouging us on this one?

Slicker
04-28-2005, 08:41 PM
This one is going for the same as the Lava Vader, $12.99.

Hellboy
04-28-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure I understand why anybody would be upset that this is the SA Clone with red insignias. That is the best Clone Trooper mold to date so why not use it. The fact that its $13 might be a good reason to limit the amount you buy but the only reason it retails for that much is due to it's exclusivity. This is actually one exclusive I don't mind paying extra for, much better than the Vader, Yoda and the EB 4-pack errr. . . certificate.

beckmen
04-30-2005, 12:01 AM
It's not the best mold, the ROTS SA is the best mold whereas this uses the Clone Wars SA mold...

JediTricks
05-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Strange to think that Target recycled this old guy and then almost tripled the price on us!!! So if you don't like the Quickdraw Action on #6, simply swap out the new heads with your SA Clones from '03. Now your old Troopers aren't so obsolete!!!I posted about the head-swapping I did with the CT#6 onto the CW SAClone a while back, the head is a little tight on the SA body but it does work.

beckmen, how is the CT#41 body different from the CW SAClone?

Bossk77
05-01-2005, 08:19 PM
How many promo troopers are each Target getting? And i have been told $9.99 on the price.

2-1B
05-02-2005, 01:27 AM
I found a slew of them tonight and they were 12.99

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Well, I purchased mine today and it cost me $12.99. Hopefully they will have them for sale in Sunday's ad or maybe part of some kind of promotion. $13 is entirely too much for a repack with a new head and paint job.

Also, Slicker, I thought the Lava Vader sold for $9.99?

Slicker
05-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Also, Slicker, I thought the Lava Vader sold for $9.99?You had me double think myself so I went back and checked my receipt and it was indeed $12.99. I hope I didn't get ripped off.