PDA

View Full Version : Tarkin's position/rank in ROTS

1st Prime
04-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Is there a title or rank for Tarkin in ROTS? I thought the figure has a title of governor. However I assume he was an officer & his rank of that time would be colonel or higher perhaps? thx. :ermm:

BanthaPoodoo
04-28-2005, 02:53 PM
He is a regional governer in ROTS (according to novel).. which I think is the same as a grand moff.

Anyways, a Moff rules a sector of space like a Knight, or Baron etc.
He then answers to a Grand Moff, who rules several sectors or a region, and would
then be analogous to a Duke. The Grand Moffs fall under rule of the
Government, in the role of King (until the senate is dissolved, then
the Emperor has the power of a king or a, well, an emperor) :)

In other words:

type - ruler

Planet/System - Planetary Governor
Sector (Group of Systems) - Moff
Oversector (Group of Sectors) - Grand Moff
Galaxy - Emperor Palpatine

Found this in the groups as well:

"but I think Tarkin's role wasn't exactly that of a Grand Moff anymore, but that was
his previous title, and no one had come up with a title for "Guy who runs the Death Star and Commands Darth Vader."

1st Prime
04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
He is a regional governer in ROTS (according to novel).. which I think is the same as a grand moff.

Anyways, a Moff rules a sector of space like a Knight, or Baron etc.
He then answers to a Grand Moff, who rules several sectors or a region, and would
then be analogous to a Duke. The Grand Moffs fall under rule of the
Government, in the role of King (until the senate is dissolved, then
the Emperor has the power of a king or a, well, an emperor) :)

In other words:

type - ruler

Planet/System - Planetary Governor
Sector (Group of Systems) - Moff
Oversector (Group of Sectors) - Grand Moff
Galaxy - Emperor Palpatine

Found this in the groups as well:

"but I think Tarkin's role wasn't exactly that of a Grand Moff anymore, but that was
his previous title, and no one had come up with a title for "Guy who runs the Death Star and Commands Darth Vader."

Thanks for the info, this was bugging me a little. :)

Slicker
04-28-2005, 07:23 PM
So is Moff Jerrjerrod from ROTJ a true Moff even though he commands the Second Death Star?

MaquisWarrior
05-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Slicker: Yes he is! See the CCG!

Everyone else: Tarkin is a governor even in ROTS I remember in one of the novels made after TPM, in which Obi-Wan and Anakin are now Master and Apperentice, Tarkin appears as a governor who has Palpatine's ear and is making plans to have to galaxy be all human and using the Death Star as a weapon to make it possible. Of course Palpatine gave it to the aliens in ATOC so that they can make it for him. I don't believe that's a spoiler because it is all in that book!

evenflow
05-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Well I think Tarkin must have had a pretty important rank to be standing with Palpatine and Vader at the end.

Veers
05-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Tarkin looks cool!

QLD
05-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Tarkin's head looked so bizarre!

QLD
05-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Holy crap, I just found out that Tarkin in ROTS was played by Wayne Pigram. He was on the tv show Farscape, as Scorpius. Holy crap! He still looked freaking bizarre though.

Slicker
05-20-2005, 02:57 AM
I was talking with my brother and we both kinda concured that Tarkin looks CG. I know I have a picture with the actor in makeup so they did have someone done up like Tarkin but he just looked out of place in the scene like he was added later.

JediTricks
05-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Holy crap, I just found out that Tarkin in ROTS was played by Wayne Pigram. He was on the tv show Farscape, as Scorpius. Holy crap! He still looked freaking bizarre though.
A friend pointed that out to me last month but I forgot while watching the film. Even forgetting how cool an actor was playing him, I was ITCHING for Tarkin to say something important/interesting and REALLY felt let down by that absence, instead having him be a living set piece.

2-1B
05-20-2005, 05:31 AM
I would also describe him as a set piece.

I didn't feel like he came across as CG but I'll definitely take another look at him next time. My first impressions are that they used the dude in the mask, it's just so creepy looking because of how skeletal Cushing was.
Gross.

evenflow
05-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Well kind of back on topic, after a second watching i am pretty sure i heard them refer to him as Captain Tarkin.

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Well kind of back on topic, after a second watching i am pretty sure i heard them refer to him as Captain Tarkin.

That scene was music-only. There was no dialogue. Perhaps someone in the audience said that, and it seemed like part of the surround mix. Also, his action figure lists him as Governor Tarkin, so he's either a Moff or Grand Moff.