PDA

View Full Version : Lego Designer Interview

landodapimp
04-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Millionaireplayboy has an interview with LEGO designer Jens Kronvold Frederiksen. He discusses building Star Wars LEGO sets and even shows a great photo of the Super Star Destroyer he built. This thing is massive.

http://millionaireplayboy.com/toys/jenslegodesigner.php

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Nice interview. Great work on the sets BTW.

Can you disclose what the future holds and possible sets upcoming?

landodapimp
04-30-2005, 08:23 AM
He wouldn't answer about the future of Star Wars sets. There are things planned since they have the contract with Lucasfilm. The Death Star set is what I am waiting for.

There are a lot of really cool thing coming out that are non-Star Wars related.

The Harry Potter Goblet of Fire is awesom looking and the Man Vs Dinosaur original LEGO line is also sweet

http://millionaireplayboy.com/images/tf05/index.php?list=LEGO

LusiferSam
05-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Great interview. Some of the answer are pretty funny. The new dino set do nothing for me. In fact I think they're down right lame. Have paid too much attention to the new HP set. What I'm really looking forward to are the Viking sets. I can't wait until this fall.

landodapimp
05-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks

I was really curious about who picked up the LEGO pieces.

I think the Dino stuff looks great.

JediTricks
05-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Cool interview! I put a link to it up in the news here.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Interesting interview, though he ducked out of fully answering some of the questions. I wonder if Lucas Licensing schools both Lego and Hasbro people on doing their interviews. ;)

landodapimp
05-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I am sure that they sign disclosure agreements but as for schooling I doubt it. I asked a few question trying to find what was next for Star Wars sets after Episode III but he couldn't discuss it. I tried.

I also gave him suggestions of toy lines that I would love to see LEGO cover including Lord of the Rings. All the people that I deal with at LEGO are actually LEGO enthusiests. They love the toys and collect them themselves which is really cool.

Thanks for linking the article by the way.