PDA

View Full Version : C4? Would it, should it, could it????

Sentinel18725
04-29-2005, 06:00 PM
I know, it's early but.....should this happen? Will it happen?

Any opinions. I'm divided on this. I feel that it would be wonderful, I was a little misty eyed thinking that this would be the last one that could happen. Everyone together because of one reason, STAR WARS. Everyone there because they like it and that is awesome. However, these have been before the movies and this isthe last one. What was the final Attendance? I'm sure it is more than C2.

QLD
04-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, I would like to see them do one on the average of every 3 or 4 years. This was my first one, but I had a great time, in spite of the weather and insane lines. I would definately do it again, and it would give us an excuse to meet up again.

Darth Grifter
04-29-2005, 07:05 PM
you know...sal had a good point on sunday night. in two years is the 30th anniversary and there most likely will be a c4 then...i'll be there...

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Well, after seeing the pics of everyone and all, I will be at the next one even if I have to sneak in by hiding in someones pocket.

And yes, thye should do another.

JetsAndHeels
04-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, after seeing the pics of everyone and all, I will be at the next one even if I have to sneak in by hiding in someones pocket.

And yes, thye should do another.

I plan on being right there with you bro!!

Jayspawn
04-29-2005, 11:29 PM
I think it would be great if they did another and that GenCon have nothing to do with it. Creation Entertainment would do a better job at it. I'd go again! If they did one in another few years, I'd definatly go!

Hellboy
04-29-2005, 11:52 PM
I think quite a few people wanted to go to C3 but just couldn't afford the trip mainly due to the amount of money they spent or were planning on spending on SW collectibles in the months surrounding the event. I really wanted to go as I've never been to any SW convention but feel my chances of being able to attend something along these lines would increase dramatically if it was to be held in a few years. The main reason I would attend would be to meet many of the friends I've made here on the boards over the past few years, the SW stuff would be a bonus.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-30-2005, 10:53 AM
I would be very surprised if this was the last official Star Wars convention. Too many people came, too much fun was had and too much money was made for Celebration III to be the final one. Rick McCallum at one of the fan Q & A sessions alluded to the strong possibility of a future Celebration event. A 30th Anniversary gathering would be a good start or as QLD said, just have them every couple of years.

Slicker
04-30-2005, 11:46 AM
I'd love for 'em to have a C4. Obviously they wouldn't have one for a new movie because, well, he's not making anymore SW movies. It could be a gathering of fans to meet and greet and to be honest I was disappointed that I couldn't go to meet all of you there. I look through the pictures in the "What happens in Indy..." thread and would've loved to be there.

CooLJoE
04-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Like I said in another thread. C4 will liklely happen. If not because its the 30th anniversary, then because they want to celebrate the TV series. Most likely it will happen and be because of both.

rust
04-30-2005, 05:37 PM
It should just be every 3 years, and be called Star Wars Celebration. Numbering the Celebration would get tedious every three years.

Sentinel18725
04-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Posted on theforce.net (Can I say that here?)

C3: Celebration 4 in 2007?

Posted By Joshua on April 29, 2005
Lucasfilm is by no means ready to announce it, but it appears there's another Celebration planned for 2007. According to our sources, fans are expected to gather officially once again for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. Lucasfilm denied the rumors, saying nothing official has been said yet. We've hear reports on television and received rumors from fans that this might not be entirely accurate. Warwick Davis was reported to even have said, "See you at Celebration 4!" at the end of his time as MC on stage.

It is generally accepted that Indy would probably be the logical choice yet again for the next Celebration, especially since in a non-movie year attendance would be expected to be lower. Of course, there could easily be the first season of the live-action TV show complete and the 30th anniversary complete DVD collection to contend with for fans attention.

Either way, we're expecting that once the Episode III DVD is out the door this fall, you'll begin to see a shift in focus on the part of Lucasfilm. It will be time to talk about TV, the ultimate DVD set and getting together with Star Wars fans for another big party.

Stay tuned to TFN for everything that may be related to Celebration 4 and the new Lucasfilm direction, coming soon to a television near you.

Just someone else's opinion on it! Sounds good!

dr_evazan22
05-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Sign me up!

I wouldn't mind seeing it in another city, as there have been 2 in Indy now (although I don't mind returning to Indy either). Just get a different company to handle it.

gsr-jedi
05-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I think there will be, and I'll definitely go again. The 30th Anniversary would be great, and it would be awesome if they were to premiere either the 3D versions of the films there, or the TV show there.

I think if they continue with these, they should do them about every 3 years or so. It could be cool, if they had a sort of traveling Celebration and every one was in a different city, which might give some more people a chance to go; on the other hand, there's not much to do in Indy, but it is easy to find food around the convention center.

Sentinel18725
05-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I actually liked Indianapolis. It's close, which is good for me but the area isn't congested, lots to eat around there, not a far drive to various shopping venues, lot's of hotels, central location in the United States. It is great. Hope it is there again.

InsaneJediGirl
05-02-2005, 01:09 PM
I didnt go to C3,but I would most likely go to a C4. The only problem for me would it would have to be held in the summer non-schools months.I think there would be a lot more attendance during that time,instead of April or May.

CooLJoE
05-03-2005, 03:56 AM
As much as the Indy Convention Center annoyed me (layout wise, it sucks), I'd still prefer a central location like Indy. Even Chicago works for me (although that isn't as central).

Personally, I think Chicago could do a better job. The McCormick Place is HUGE (inside and out), and could easily do a better job than Indy's convention center. The tough part is that Indy has 5-6 hotels within walking distance of the convention center (3 of which have crosswalks to it.....although Crowne Plaza's walkway is worthless since it leads outside and you couldn't get into the convention center from the doors at the end of the walkway). Chicago has 1 hotel that is attached to the McCormick Place, and another 1 or 2 that are basically within walking distance, but thats about it (that I can remember). There are others close by, but I wouldn't walk from them to the McCormick Place. On the plus side, Chicago has alot more for night-life and shopping than Indy does.

Sentinel18725
05-03-2005, 09:08 AM
There are numerous problems with having the convention in Chicago. The first is we like to tax the beegeezus out of everything. You see our mayor, Daley, likes to beautify the city so there are entertainment taxes, "pop" taxes, film taxes, etc. The location of McCormick place is another problem. With it being on the lake, it really kills your points of access and egress. Parking would be difficult, there would be serious traffic congestion. It would be easy for me because of living here, but I enjoy taking the trip.

Dar' Argol
05-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I was talking to one of the locals and they said that they are planning on building a new convention center and dome because they are losing a lot of conventions. So hopefully by the time the next Celebration comes around, there's a new center for it.

I think indy is the best spot right now b/c its very central to everyone. I'd hate to have to drive more west then that . . 11 hours in the car was bad enough . . and I don't like to fly.

Rick McCullum said at the Episode III Spectactular that he's ready to party again if we are . . so that to me sounds like a positive sign that there will be another Celebration. If there is I will be there and in costume this time . . . . :D

darko666
05-03-2005, 11:48 PM
C3: Celebration 4 in 2007?

Posted By Joshua on April 29, 2005
Lucasfilm is by no means ready to announce it, but it appears there's another Celebration planned for 2007. According to our sources, fans are expected to gather officially once again for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. Lucasfilm denied the rumors, saying nothing official has been said yet. We've hear reports on television and received rumors from fans that this might not be entirely accurate. Warwick Davis was reported to even have said, "See you at Celebration 4!" at the end of his time as MC on stage.

It is generally accepted that Indy would probably be the logical choice yet again for the next Celebration, especially since in a non-movie year attendance would be expected to be lower. Of course, there could easily be the first season of the live-action TV show complete and the 30th anniversary complete DVD collection to contend with for fans attention.

Either way, we're expecting that once the Episode III DVD is out the door this fall, you'll begin to see a shift in focus on the part of Lucasfilm. It will be time to talk about TV, the ultimate DVD set and getting together with Star Wars fans for another big party.

Stay tuned to TFN for everything that may be related to Celebration 4 and the new Lucasfilm direction, coming soon to a television near you.

TFN has another update on C4. if they do happen to do another Celebration, it might be in Vegas. and GenCon will most likely not be in control this time. since they botched up the event with horrible time slots and lines that lead into other lines just to get in line for the event you wanted to see. but, i will def. go to C4 if it happens. http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Rumblings_of_New_Location_for_C4_91952.asp

i guess the whole "what happens in indy, stays in indy" quote from you guys was a foreshadowing for the future event.

Hellboy
05-04-2005, 06:20 PM
If this thing does indeed end up being held in Las Vegas I'll be there for sure.

"Vegas baby Vegas, daddys gettin' the Rain Man suite!!" :D

CaptainSolo1138
05-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I think C4 should be in Detroit. Let the 501st really earn their stripes! :D

CooLJoE
05-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Vegas? Eh. I'm not a big Vegas person. I'd still go, but I'd rather it not be in Vegas. Too much already goes on in that place to be cluttered with StarWars fans. Atleast Indy didn't have much going on so we could go anywhere with little traffic or wait times.

C4 in Detroit? LOL. I live right above Detroit. I don't think we have a good convention center for it. If anything, it would be in one of the cities just outside of Detroit instead. Crazy enough, I'd still get a Hotel, even if the convention was 10 minutes away. I tell ya, there is nothing like being able to walk a short distance to the lines without having to park a car.