PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Commander Cody

Darth Mall
04-24-2005, 01:53 PM
I've been searching this forum and others for a while now, and I've been unable to find an answer to my question.

When will we get a figure of Commander Cody?

I bought the Red Clone Commander #33 the other day and I must say, I was extremely impressed. It's one of the best figures in the Revenge of the Sith figure line.

After buying the Red Clone Commander figure and seeing a pic of Commander Cody, I believe it would make an awesome figure!

Who wants a Commander Cody figure?

I've attached a photo for anyone who doesn't know who Commander Cody is.

beckmen
04-24-2005, 02:03 PM
I am sure he's on the short list for possible ROTS figures in production. We already have Commander Bacara on the way...

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 02:06 PM
I'd buy one, and I have no doubt in my mind that Hasbro will make one. Now whether it will have a removable helmet or not is a completely different story.

Darth Mall
04-24-2005, 02:15 PM
I am sure he's on the short list for possible ROTS figures in production. We already have Commander Bacara on the way...

Yep, I'm definitely getting Commander Bacara.

I wasn't as keen on the ARC Troopers. I thought the design was overkill and didn't like the rangefinder on them.

As for Cody having a removeable helmet... I would want that, only if it didn't compromise the look of the figure when he was helmeted. I wouldn't care too much if he didn't have a removeable helmet.

spang2005
04-24-2005, 02:23 PM
In my book, removable helmet is a must. All the clones we have so far are nice, but I really just want them all to have a Morrison head sculpt. It's the main reason I'm so desperate to to get the AT-TE gunner. Kind of off topic, but when I watched ESB on DVD today, I noticed Boba Fett had a New Zealand accent. I checked, and sure enough just found out Morrison did dialogue for the DVD. Now i need a Boba Fett w/ removable helmet.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-24-2005, 02:34 PM
If they make Commander Cody, they should make all of his Lost Planet Airmen as well.

"My pappy said 'son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln.'"

:D

Sith Lord 0498
04-24-2005, 02:54 PM
All the clones we have so far are nice, but I really just want them all to have a Morrison head sculpt. It's the main reason I'm so desperate to to get the AT-TE gunner.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the AT-TE gunner doesn't have a Temuera Morrison head sculpt. It's the Bodie Taylor/"younger clone" head sculpt that Hasbro used on the Clonetrooper that came with the speeder bike.

spang2005
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh well, it's better than nothing.

Frizz_himself
04-24-2005, 08:02 PM
iam getting all of them anyway so

beckmen
04-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Thinking about it, Cody's armor is really, really cool and I'd love a fig of him.

And a Boba Fett with removable helmet would be sweet as well. A Hasbro first as well...

Make him nice and scarry. Maybe he'd even have a missing eye...?

JON9000
04-25-2005, 05:07 PM
I always wondered what "The Commander" Cody Carlson did after his career with the Oilers was over.

http://www.misterink.com/AL'S%20STORE%20-%20PRO/Cody%20Carlson%20Oilrs.jpg

beckmen
04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Actually, I suspect the character is named after the 50s serial Commander Cody: Sky Marshall of the Universe (which I think The Rocketeer was based off of). I used to have a tape of this show, not bad for it's time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045382/

JON9000
04-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Actually, I suspect the character is named after the 50s serial Commander Cody: Sky Marshall of the Universe (which I think The Rocketeer was based off of). I used to have a tape of this show, not bad for it's time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045382/

I'm pretty sure that's how Cody Carlson got the moniker as well

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2005, 06:16 PM
I bet we'll get Commander Cody soon. We already have some Clone Commander I don't know, with Commander Bacara and Commander Bly (in the Evolutions Set) on the way, and Hasbro knows how much we all love clones. It's a win-win situation for all - we get new clones, they get more money. :D

Old Fossil
04-26-2005, 07:23 PM
And a Boba Fett with removable helmet would be sweet as well. A Hasbro first as well...

Make him nice and scarry. Maybe he'd even have a missing eye...?

Bad idea. Keep the helmet on, keep the mystery -- and the menace. :cool:

MaquisWarrior
04-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I would buy a Commander Cody figure IF it came with a hologarphic Sidious and Ben's lightsaber.

darko666
04-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Bad idea. Keep the helmet on, keep the mystery -- and the menace. :cool:

what mystery? according to Mr. Lucas, Boba Fett is just another clone. he looks just like Jango. there goes the mystery of what he looks like. it would be better to make a Expanded Universe Fett with damaged armor(from the Sarlac) and bandages on his body. it could be called Boba Fett - Sarlac Encounter. but it will never happen.