PDA

View Full Version : Slow Down1!!1

Joshkj
04-29-2005, 11:38 PM
GEEEZE Im being overwhelmed with the onslaut of ROTS stuff:cry:
I think they should slow down, all this mad wild goose chase hunting and damn exclusives are killing me:frus: Luckly I have a friend who is helping me find exclusives. I AM NOT GETTING THAT STUPID TRU REPAINT, I hate that thing it looks like crap...
Everything past 33 and later waves of delux and exclusives are killing us dont yyou agree...:bored:

kool-aid killer
04-30-2005, 12:03 AM
To an extent, i agree with you. It seems like there is so much out there and so little money. But then, its also very exciting. Just about every time i go to a store i find or see something that i want, and thats much better than continually hitting up the stores just to find the same old things still there. Sit back and enjoy, this is probably the last time we are going to see so much Star Wars merchandise available.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Just about every time i go to a store i find or see something that i want, and thats much better than continually hitting up the stores just to find the same old things still there.

Every time I go to the store I see the same old things there, though I did find some new deluxe figures this week and a #34 Clone Pilot and #36 Grievous. They were the only ones there though. Nothing else above #32 yet. And still no blue guard.

WesleySr
04-30-2005, 05:04 AM
I feel your pain. I just picked up the 2 Arena playsets from KBToys.com for $40 and I am still trying to locate the Gunship and the AT-TE Gunners. So far I have probably spent $500 on just ROTS 3" merchandise.

Val Da Car
04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
I am at $900 and climbing.....Army building...of course includes army building...EE Troopers

Old Fossil
04-30-2005, 10:10 AM
GEEEZE Im being overwhelmed with the onslaut of ROTS stuff:cry:
I think they should slow down, all this mad wild goose chase hunting and damn exclusives are killing me:frus: Luckly I have a friend who is helping me find exclusives. I AM NOT GETTING THAT STUPID TRU REPAINT, I hate that thing it looks like crap...
Everything past 33 and later waves of delux and exclusives are killing us dont yyou agree...:bored:

I'm having fun fiddling with the stuff I bought a couple of weeks ago. I got so many new and cool figures then, I guess it sated my appetite for new things for a while. Guess it helps that I quit being a completist sometime around Episode I.

I figure everything coming out now and in the next few weeks will be fairly easy to find over the course of the summer, save perhaps the red Royal Guard. Might be time for you to step back from the hunt a little and enjoy what you have. Know what I mean? :)

JetsAndHeels
04-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I agree with Twodot Tatooine. Just have fun and enjoy all of the great toys you have gotten so far. Sure, I know that it is discouraging when you cannot find that new or hot item, but just remember not to lose sight of what the hobby is really about, and that is to enjoy yourself. You may want to re-think being a completist. I used to be one, and it was just too overwhelming and expensive. Just learn to pace yourself, enjoy what you have, and have fun!!

PS-You can always use my strategy--If you cannot find anything new anywhere, just pick up an extra clone or two for your army. That way you go home with something and you can add to your collection. :)

DarkArtist
04-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Being on a budget I can only afford so much and since my soon to be wife helps every now and then I almost have all of the figures to date. I still have to pace myself for the next two months because I ordered the EE clone army builder set.
But I too agree with everyone in the forum that the true joy of the hunt is the satisfaction of going home and battling with your toys. Enjoy them, play be a kid again and don't worry about the onslaught of product. Give it two years and we will be hurting for new product. :)

Slicker
04-30-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm with you Halo. I've normally got tons of money to waste on toys but of course when all of these new toys come out I've got my money invested elsewhere. I realize that it'll be in stores for a while but I'd rather get it when it first comes out.

Kidhuman
04-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Lay-a-way my friend. Helps lighten the burden on the wallet.

WesleySr
04-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Oops. I forgot all about the EE Troopers. Well, put me @ $600 and climbing. I haven't started army building yet. I've gotten 2 of the army builders so far, and 3 pilots. I am really enjoying the thrill of the hunt, I just wish they would not have released so much at once. Good idea about the layaway, but I am one of those people that I have to have it when I see it.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, after complaining about not finding new stuff, today I hit it big. Deluxe Vader on operating table at Target, Droid Tri-Fighter at Wal-Mart, and #33-#40 at TRU. I already had #34 and #36, so I didn't get #36 Grievous today, but I got another #34 Clone Pilot. I also got an extra Clone Commander, as they had at least a peg full of them. They had one Red guard, so I got him to open. Still no blue guard though. Now, except for the Target Clone, I think I can take a break from hunting until after the movie comes out.

2-1B
04-30-2005, 02:26 PM
I say keep bringing it out, keep bringing out the goods. I'm not a completist and I think about half of the figures on the pegs are garbage, so I'd like some more product flow to pick and choose some new stuff.

kool-aid killer
04-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Lay-a-way my friend. Helps lighten the burden on the wallet.

I used Walmarts lay-a-way and within three days i said forget it and pulled them out. It was the newer figures, like the Clone with removable helmet, Vaders medical droid, and Mass Amedda. I didnt like having them, yet not having them so i picked them up much quicker than i planned to. Hit the wallet, but i was happy so it was worth it.

Sith Lord 0498
04-30-2005, 08:41 PM
I've found myself using a variety of options to cope with the onslaught of merchandise.

Layaway has been a big help, especially for army building. I don't believe in buying more than 2 of a figure at a given time b/c I want to leave some behind for everyone else. Layaway helps because I can keep adding to it as I find more figures.

Another has been trading with other collectors for items. I got the new deluxe Vader and Clonetrooper essentially for free b/c I'd previously traded items to Darth Alex and applied the "credit" he owed me to those. It worked out for him too b/c I ended up "writing off" about $5 worth and called it even with those two figures. I know it sounds a bit complicated and maybe snooty, but it's a system that works great for us and hasn't failed yet.

The biggest way I'm handling the massive amounts of ROTS merchandise is that I've stopped buying everything that's not nailed down. The checking account can't handle it, and my credit cards are already astronomical from other expenses. Lack of display and/or storage space is also a huge factor.

Besides, I'd rather streamline my collection to give a more accurate depiction of my tastes. When I lived with my parents, I had a large room to display my collection, and it was nearly all toys. Yeah, that's what I liked to collect and show off when I was in high school, but I've changed. My favorite pieces now are collectibles like MR's Emperor Palpatine cane and clasp, Riddell Darth Vader helmet, MR mini lightsabers, and GG mini-busts. I've matured, and so have my tastes in SW collectibles. Don't get me wrong: I've spent hundred on the ROTS toy line already, but I don't need to have it all anymore.

Ji'dai
04-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Abstinance works too. It's tough to resist buying something, but I usually see the same toys in large quantities every time I visit a store. So it's not like they're going anywhere anyway.

So far I've bought:
32 basic figures (16 of the first 40 basic figures + 16 multiples of army builders)
2 Deluxe (Operating Table Vader & Clone w/ Jetpack)
2 Exclusives (Early Bird & Holo Yoda)
1 12" Figure (Grievous)

Fluke Skywalker
05-01-2005, 07:12 AM
My problem isn't that the new stuff is coming too fast, it's that too much was released intitially, and the worst figures were front loaded IMHO.

With 32 figures out at once, and with so many of each produced, there is no urgency on the part of Kids, Parents and some Collectors to buy them right away. Now they now clog up the pegs.

I have only bought one figure since MM, the Red Clone Commander and that was at a non-traditional outlet like Kohl's.

I think that if Hasbro had only released the first 24, and mixed in some more army builders into those collections, the pegs would have cleared and we would have seen a nice, steady pace of new figures throughout the Summer. Now, when I think how many local stores are jammed with the secondary Jedi, Anakin and Obi figures, I can't imagine them clearing enough space to put new figures out for a long, long time. :frus:

Veers
05-01-2005, 12:19 PM
It does get old when looking at older stuff. I just look forward until this stuff goes on clearance. They will go on clerance. Especially the deluxe stuff.

Sith Lord 0498
05-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I think that if Hasbro had only released the first 24, and mixed in some more army builders into those collections, the pegs would have cleared and we would have seen a nice, steady pace of new figures throughout the Summer. Now, when I think how many local stores are jammed with the secondary Jedi, Anakin and Obi figures, I can't imagine them clearing enough space to put new figures out for a long, long time. :frus:

It's a mixed bag where I live. My two local Wal-Mart are running dry on the initial figures (one of them only has two pegs worth of figures left and the other 24+ are stripped clean), Target can't move them to save their life even with their WM price match of $5.24, and TRU is somewhere in between.

What I have noticed are these two figures are pegwarmers at all places with the remaining warmers varying amongst stores): Chewbacca and Obi-Wan Kenobi (both versions).

Old Fossil
05-01-2005, 03:07 PM
But I too agree with everyone in the forum that the true joy of the hunt is the satisfaction of going home and battling with your toys. :)

Or just trying to get them into a decent pose. I spend hours just trying to get a believable stance out of Ki-Adi Mundi. :D

Fluke Skywalker
05-01-2005, 09:18 PM
By Sith Lord 0498 It's a mixed bag where I live. My two local Wal-Mart are running dry on the initial figures (one of them only has two pegs worth of figures left and the other 24+ are stripped clean), Target can't move them to save their life even with their WM price match of $5.24, and TRU is somewhere in between.

I went to one Walmart tonight and it finally looks like they're clearing
them out :D It looked like mostly Bail Organa and Mon Mothma's.

Scackmgack
05-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I've just been trying to set priorities. I originally got every figure #1-#32 on April 2nd along with vehicles and Deluxe Figures, and wound returning a bunch of it when it had gone unopened for a week.

Basically, I check into the stores pretty often, and I only pick up what is rare around here. Anything I see at all the stores sits on the pegs, and I won't pick it up until I see them going off the pegs - or if there are sales.

Darth_Bane
05-01-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm still looking for 41-44, anyone seeing these? I went to two Wal-Marts, one Target, and one K-Mart today, (why I even try K-Mart I don't know) and have found nothing.

aceguide
05-02-2005, 09:27 AM
I agree that there was too much too fast in the first few weeks. It does show a brillaince on the part of Hasbro/Lucas. I have steadily been spending between $10 & $50 per week on SW stuff. And I am continuing to hunt - so there is little hope of it slowing down. I haven't even begun with the legos yet! :greedy:

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 02:54 AM
I don't know about showing brilliance, they still have a crapload of the 1-32 figures (minus army builders) that they need to sell. I haven't seen anything above 32 since I originally found 33-40 (minus 38) and I don't even want to think about trying to find 41-44.