PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive SP CloneTrooper

AmanaMatt
04-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Is this supposed to be out on a certain date or just whenever? Over on Galactic Hunter, many think there is a specific date for this fig....just trying to see if I can save myself some early mornings...thanks.

Hellboy
04-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Actually I've been reading reports of people finding it already. Nothing in my area though. :cry:

Here is a pic from CIII if you haven't seen it yet.
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10663&cat=3087&page=7

4-Q-2
04-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Actually, if you look 2 pictures down the line from the one linked by Hellboy, you'll see Hasbro's figure description card, which says it is available now. I check Target virtually daily, and my Target lady (Irene, who is the best) said she knows nothing about it. She is watching for it, though. She'll call me when she gets them. (See, I told you she was the best!)

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10667&cat=3087&page=7

Also, it does say the SRP is $9.99, but the rumor has it listed as $12.99.

Fwad
04-21-2005, 09:15 PM
There are a crapload of these being released. Get ready for the higher prices. The VOTC was the 1st test then the Lava Vader then the Early Bird thing. Keep buying them and guess what's going to happen?

Blackened88
04-21-2005, 09:20 PM
What do you mean crapload, do you mean it might actually be easy to find these.

AmanaMatt
04-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks, everyone. I sure hope Hasbro makes a decent amount of these....even at the 'oh-so' reasonable price of $13 or whatever it is, I'll get two.

Hellboy
04-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I seriously doubt these are going to be easy finds for two reasons:
A) It's an Exclusive
B) It's a Clone Trooper which = Army buliders buying multiples regardless of the price.

As for there being a "crapload," who knows. Until Hasbro releases more information everything is pure speculation at this point. The Lava Vader had a run of 50,000, which is actually quite a lot and those were gone fairly quickly so if the Clone has a similar production run expect these to disappear fast.

Blackened88
04-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Wonderful, more stuff to buy and find.

Fwad
04-21-2005, 09:40 PM
This $13 for a figure with 5 dabs of red paint is stupid. After all the years of complaining that we wanted the super poseable trooper they are going to stick it to us. I dont want a custom star case or Target exclusive sticker. Just put the figure on a regular card and next time dont over pay for a toy license.

KIDD
04-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Target dpci # for my fellow collectors 087061489 12.99
5 pack of protechs 087061490 9.99

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/kidd_/DSC00169.jpg

Blackened88
04-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Do you guys know what time Target opens, I might be able to make it tomarrow before school.

KIDD
04-21-2005, 10:45 PM
8:00 am they open

Blackened88
04-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey thanks, I'll go and look for these Clones tomarrow hopfully i'll find them, probably not though with my luck.

KIDD
04-21-2005, 10:57 PM
if you dont see them on the floor which most likely you wont have them do a location check dpci # 087061489

Blackened88
04-21-2005, 11:53 PM
What do you mean location check, what is that?

Kidhuman
04-21-2005, 11:59 PM
They can see if any are in the stock room

Blackened88
04-22-2005, 12:03 AM
How do they do it computer, who exactly should I ask and should I just ask for them to do a Location Check. I don't want to go in tomarrow looking like a retard.

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 12:12 AM
ASk them if they can run the DCPI and see if they are in the back or on order. They should be able to tell you.

Blackened88
04-22-2005, 12:15 AM
OK, does DCPI stand for anything or just simply D C P I. Also if they do have them are they allow to sell them yet?

mrpauldeeds
04-22-2005, 01:17 AM
My buddy who works at target and knows the manager very well tells me they are putting it out tomarrow or the next day. The store only has 23 in stock, thats all they are getting in. Soo im sure it will be very diffaclut to find, at least in my area. im not worried, cuz i already have on on rain check.:)

eshulmire
04-22-2005, 01:46 AM
i hate exclusive figures they are hard to find and they cost a hell of a lot more then normal. Say hight to your local comic book store when you buy them at 25.00 each from those bastards :mad:

BoPs
04-22-2005, 06:27 AM
this sux.. kinda wish they'd do it lava vader style, and let us all go there early on sunday so we're all assured we'll get one :(

Fluke Skywalker
04-22-2005, 09:00 AM
I didn't see it or the Star cases last night when I went. This is one that if I see it I'll get it, but I'm not standing in line for it, not arm wrestling scalpers for it and not losing any sleep if I don't get it. It beats BALCO Vader and Tarnsporter room Yoda IMHO though.

samskull
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Looks like a good figure...not a $13 figure...but a good $6 figure. Revenge of the $ith!

sithspider
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Has anybody gotten any word form target about the release date of this figure?I wonder if its going to be like vader (with the ticket) or they are just going peg it. I have called a couple targets ( i am in mass) and they have no idea what I am asking for. I not one form buying from scalpers or other sources I think most of the fun is getting yourself. I have no prob waiting in the morn at target to get it just wanna make sure I have the day right. Any info would be great thanks

mm74md
04-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey thanks, I'll go and look for these Clones tomarrow hopfully i'll find them, probably not though with my luck.

You won't find them when people like KIDD buy them all up. Look at the picture he posted & see what I mean. I went to my local Target yesterday & the lady in toys said a guy bought all 12 of them. There is nothing Target can do to stop scalpers from buying all of them unless they do the ticket thing like Lava Vader. I guarantee you won't find them.

mm74md
04-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey, if you want to buy one...just go and get one!!! (http://search.ebay.com/target-clone-trooper-cup-glass_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40QQsatitleZtargetQ20clone Q20trooperQ20-cupQ20-glass)

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey, if you want to buy one...just go and get one!!! (http://search.ebay.com/target-clone-trooper-cup-glass_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40QQsatitleZtargetQ20clone Q20trooperQ20-cupQ20-glass)

Geez, people are idiots if they pay that much.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2005, 10:49 AM
You won't find them when people like KIDD buy them all up.

Are you sure he bought them? Maybe he's a Target employee who was nice enought to give us the DCPI and took a pic of what was in the storeroom.

Lazer Brain
04-22-2005, 10:54 AM
HOLY SITH! another exl. at target, my friend at target says that they are getting all their stuff on the the 1st. but he might just be blowing smoke.
later

mm74md
04-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Are you sure he bought them? Maybe he's a Target employee who was nice enought to give us the DCPI and took a pic of what was in the storeroom.

No, but I doubt that Target employees carry around digital cameras to take pictures of stock to post on SSG

kool-aid killer
04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Crap, another figure i have to worry about now. Im hoping we get some sort of date (if there is one at all) for this to be released, so that those of us who really want one for ourselves have some shot at obtaining one without having to resort to ebay.

Fwad
04-22-2005, 03:32 PM
All this figure has is 5 small dabs of red paint on it. Just by figure #41 instead. If people keep buying this $13 crap you are going to continue to get this stuff. The Vader was junk and this is stupid also. Buy the $5 one and make your own customs. Do not lose any sleep over this stuff.

evenflow
04-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I hit up a couple of Target's yesterday. No one had any idea what I was talking about.

BoPs
04-22-2005, 05:29 PM
the # that that one guy posted on here seems to help . . altho when they did locate the figures (all 4 targets had them in the back) every single store told me since they haven't reached the shelves yet theres nothing they can do for me . . in all honesty, i want the figure card protectors more than this . . just so my yoda doesn't look so naked =\ <prays that sundays target ad will advertise this figure and it'll be like lava vader>

MaquisWarrior
04-22-2005, 07:38 PM
The figure should be the MAMA Clone. IT'S Mother's Day! Unless you didn't have someone to call mom (like Asthon Kutcher now does) or you have a Jerry Springer mom that never speaks to you again or is on drugs, etc. then forget about the stupid figure. Long Live the Empire..... Remember the Motherland !!

El Chuxter
04-22-2005, 07:49 PM
This looks like a job for DarthChuckMC!! Where are ya, bud? :)

Does the red insignia on this guy actually mean anything? Is this some special platoon of Clonetroopers, or just something one random Clonetrooper decides to paint on his armor?

MaquisWarrior
04-22-2005, 08:10 PM
YO! What happened to the camera statement I left??

"Did Fred cut us off again? Ay,ayay,ay, I can't wait until I get to ER-EET-EM," -Howard Stern.

bkeddinger
04-22-2005, 08:20 PM
KIDD,

Thanks for the DCPI# :D It worked like a charm! I asked one of the employees in the electronics department if they had them in stock and he brought out a whole case (12 figures). I picked up 4 right out of the case and the employee was going to put the rest out on the floor. If anybody is interested, there should be 8 on the shelves of the Target in Howell, NJ. Better hurry before the Record Store owner gets wind of this information and picks the store clean. He's at the store every morning at 8:00AM. Good luck!

By the way, they rang up $12.99 each.

ThePurpleSaber
04-22-2005, 08:35 PM
I work at a Target and we have a sign up that says we are not allowed to go in the back and get any Star Wars figures at all so everybody has a chance at them. I dont know if this works at all the stores but the DPCI the kid gave could possibly work at anyone of these stores. you can also type the DPCI in yourself at the scanners and it will say if they are in stock or not.

jimmymiro12
04-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Well I am goin to go to Target tomorrow and find out. Do you think this is a figure to keep in the package or let it loose:) . The "policy" at Target is that they can bring out more figures if they can fill some of the pegs. If you get an answer from the toy department saying no just go ask someone else. Sometimes people know they aren't getting paid anymore to do extra work. If you have to tell the manager. They should have empty pegs because of the lava vader was supposed to have a little section. So I'll let you know later tomorrow because after Target it's 24 HOUR COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

Master Koon
04-22-2005, 11:54 PM
What is the 24 hour comic book day?

DarthChuckMc
04-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Here I come to save the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, not really, but.......

Yes....$12.99

Yes...DPCI 087-06-1489

NO...OFFICIAL Release Date, but MAY 8TH does have a revision to the ROTS aisle....adding the SA CLONE and 5 pack Collector Cases.

These can pop up at ANY TIME, as you've seen on here and EBAY :frus:

Right now, there are 25,000 ON ORDER.....this does NOT mean ONLY 25,000....that is just the CURRENT ORDER.......

So far, each store in the ORLANDO METRO AREA is scheduled to receive 24 in the next few days...with MORE on the way......

BTW....to the kid that said his store only got 23....guess what????? Someone already has one stashed for himself......they come 12 to a case, not 10, 11, 11 1/2, 11 3/4 etc......

evenflow
04-23-2005, 11:39 AM
There is some guy on ebay selling a sealed case. Has to be a manager or something. i really wish Hasbro would do soemthing about that.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-23-2005, 11:45 AM
All this figure has is 5 small dabs of red paint on it. Just by figure #41 instead. If people keep buying this $13 crap you are going to continue to get this stuff. The Vader was junk and this is stupid also. Buy the $5 one and make your own customs. Do not lose any sleep over this stuff.

Or you can get the 12" version. Looks to be the same thing with the red insignia, and cheaper than some of the eBay prices.

I'll certainly buy #41 when it shows up.

Slicker
04-23-2005, 12:12 PM
In the Hasbro Q&A the Hasbro rep says the release date is May 5th but it's pretty much up to the stores discretion on when to put them out.

tagmac
04-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Ahh...so it's that one Clone Trooper who left the Empire to join COBRA. :D

Seriously though, looks like I'll be hitting Target when they open on May 8th, cuz around here, stuff goes pretty quickly with hte overabundance of scalpers. :ermm:

Kidhuman
04-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Tagmac, they are out now in some stpores, so if you want it, I would check regularly.

Kenobi
04-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I picked up 4 of these today at a Target in SoCal.

I called about 12 Targets before I found one that actually had them.

Good luck, they are out there.

eg45
04-23-2005, 04:52 PM
KIDD,

Thanks for the DCPI# :D It worked like a charm! I asked one of the employees in the electronics department if they had them in stock and he brought out a whole case (12 figures). I picked up 4 right out of the case and the employee was going to put the rest out on the floor. If anybody is interested, there should be 8 on the shelves of the Target in Howell, NJ. Better hurry before the Record Store owner gets wind of this information and picks the store clean. He's at the store every morning at 8:00AM. Good luck!

By the way, they rang up $12.99 each.

Yesterday i did what u did but asked a lady in the toy department to look up the dpci# but she nicely told me to go to the customer service and have them look it up for me cause she really didn't know. so i gave c.s employee the number and she ask me what i was looking for and i said a star wars action figure and she replied "are u won of those star wars freaks!! "I was kind of ****ed off when she ask me this question but i bit my tounge cause she was a nice person and if they had the figures she could possibly hook me up. So on the computer it pop up the clone trooper figure. i was soo happy when she ask me if thats what i was looking for but unfortunatly the only targets that had them were close to the bay area. I live is the sacramento area so i was bum that if i want won i would have to drive 80 miles. but she was a big help she gave me the # of figures they have in each store. I just got a clone trooper exclusive from ebay for $30. which is da best thing if i want a figure because gas is expensive here and i would have spend well over the extra $15 dollars that i paid on ebay on gas, so in a way for me it was worth it.

beckmen
04-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Uck, why do they have to charge so much? Evil!

Strategist
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info KIDD it was perfect this makes up for not being able to get a Lava Vader.

jimmymiro12
04-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Well the code worked. The first guy I asked said they have them but they haveto wait until somemore of the figures are sold to put them out:( . Then I saw another guy and asked him, he said that he would go get me one and was very nice and even picked out the best figure (without any priblems with the package.) The figure is awesome and I will probably go back to the store later and get another one to open and put in with my collection.:D :D

evenflow
04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Ok well I got one today. I called Target yesterday and got a sorry we can't put them out until May 19th. Today I went in, found a guy who looked like he had no interest at all in the toy department, gave him the DCPI #, and he came out from the back with a figure in hand :) Very awesome!

Hellboy
04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
I used the DPCI # to get mine too. None of the stores had them on the shelves but most of them were willing to pull a case out of the back so I could grab a few. I also had the customer service guy check to see how many of these figures went out to other stores in my area and found that most stores received 2 cases (24 figures) but a few only had 1 case while others received none.

So don't wait until May 8th when they're all gone, if you really want these be diligent and go out there and get them. If they say they can't sell them because they're not on the shelf yet tell the employees other stores are already putting them out so why can't they. Might or might not work but its sure worth a try as it worked for me.

Does the red insignia on this guy actually mean anything? Is this some special platoon of Clonetroopers, or just something one random Clonetrooper decides to paint on his armor?

I can't say if the red insignia has any actual meaning behind it but judging from pictures of the ROTS Clone Commanders these Clones seem to be part of Commander Neyo's crew. Hopefully Hasbro has plans to produce Commander Neyo at some point as well.

evenflow
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
I think the marking is kind of a play off of Targets logo, i think thats why they picked up the exclusive.

rust
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Picked one of these up today. Its staying in its nice Star Case.

Blackened88
04-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey KIDD thanks alot, the DCPI # worked like a charm. I can't even begin to thank you enough, if it wasn't for that I would of never of gotten these figs for sure. So heres my story, I go look nothing on the shelves, then I go put the number in the machine it says it's in stock, I then find some guy. The guy was very nice, he went in the back and brought out the case and picked the figs I wanted and I was done in the first Target I went to. If theres anyone in the Northern Jersey or New York State region near the Palisades Mall Center the figs are in that area.

aceattorney
04-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks Kidd!

sease9
04-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Picked one up today...they had at least 12 of them left!!

Would've probably bought more, but at $12.99 per figure, it can get a bit pricey, considering I also found and bought:

12" General Grevious
12" Barriss Offee
12"Shaak Ti

Deluxe Operating Vader
Deluxe Clonetrooper with Jet Pack

So my pocket was hurting... :D

dindae
04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I picked up 3 today. They had about 15 left or more I even pointed out to a lady that if her son was going to get a figure toady she might want to pick up that one but she obviously wasn't concerned. Oh well.

bobafrett
04-25-2005, 11:15 PM
I went in today after I got home from a field trip to the Zoo with my son and his 8th grade class. I went in and entered the DCPI # on one of the price scanners in the store, and it said they had the figure in stock in the backroom. I went and asked one of the employees, and he told me that they couldn't get collectibles from the backroom. I told them that they didn't even have a peg to stock them on. I talked with 4 people total at the store including the manager, and they all gave me the same B.S. answer. I told them I only wanted one figure. They said they had to keep it fair for all collectors. I said, "How fair is it for a collector like myself who works 75 hours a week, and can't get there when the store opens?" They just said "sorry". I came home and fired off a letter to the corporate headquarters. I might possibly never shop at a F***ing Target store ever again.

Peed of in Illinois

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2005, 01:07 AM
I was under the impression that they stocked collectibles at anytime, thus 'making it fair'. That way, the scalpers that show up early won't necessarily get them if they aren't put out until later in the day. I haven't asked at my store yet. I didn't see any there on Friday. I know they always have those signs that say they can't check the back room for items. I was more angry with them on 4/2 when they would only allow 3 basic figures.

Sith Lord 0498
04-26-2005, 06:45 AM
Based upon the experiences that Darth Alex and I have had at our local Target over the past year and a half, I believe that Target has become more collector-hostile.

Back when wave 2 of the CW Animated figures and the Bail Organa Saga wave were out, I regularly asked stockpeople to check the back room for me in the evenings, and I never got any rude employees.

Nowadays, the toy dept. manager breaks into a profane tirade just from a phone call inquiring about SW toys.

I can't understand why it's happening now--especially with Target trying to tout themselves as the "collector's store for SW" with their exclusives. If this is their idea of being collector-friendly, then KB Toys is doing a better job than they are!!

Like I said, that's just our local Target. Maybe the situation really does go store-by-store.

Or maybe you guys are simply finding all the scalper employees... ;)

Lazer Brain
04-26-2005, 11:09 AM
holy SITH! this actually worked! i uesed the dpci# and they popped up on there computer as in stock, then the guy went back ,i told him i wanted 2 but he brought up 3 so i took them. he said thay only had 8 in back. i noticed on the screen that the sale price will be 9.99, so i will take back my reciept when they go on sale.
later

Scackmgack
04-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I just happened, by pure luck, to make friends with the manager of the local Target. I couldn't really tell you how it happened other than she was trying to get me to sign up for one of their RedCard Visa cards b/c her store was trying to win a district contest for the most applications for the card...

Anyway, now she has my number plugged into her cell phone and she promised to call me if anything new came in, and she actually did, once, though they weren't figures.

Thanks for the DPCI, Kidd. Major, major points to you. She's been telling me to get some of these codes so she could check in the computer for me.

Can anyone share the codes for the Clone Pilot and Clone Commander while we are at it?

aricajade
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
HighLordDave and myself went to the Huntington Target yesterday and the guy that looked up the number went to the back and stated that they didn't have them....even though the little scanner said they did.

We went to the Charleston Target today and were told that they weren't allowed to sell them until May 8th.

AmanaMatt
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Of the four local Tagets in my area, one of them put out the Target exclusive trooper today...must have had at least 20 of them out - all on the end of an aisle for the whole store to see.....glad I scored this when I did, which will help save on gas......good luck to all of those looking for this fig. Something tells me this will not be hard to score.

DarthDiablo22
04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Got my local target to put out their supply of clones =). Thanks for the code number!!:D Worked like a charm!

KIDD
04-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey guys glad i could help my fellow collectors before all the scalpies get em.
these days you have to be ahead of the game in the collection wars against the scalpers :D

Hey KIDD thanks alot, the DCPI # worked like a charm. I can't even begin to thank you enough, if it wasn't for that I would of never of gotten these figs for sure. So heres my story, I go look nothing on the shelves, then I go put the number in the machine it says it's in stock, I then find some guy. The guy was very nice, he went in the back and brought out the case and picked the figs I wanted and I was done in the first Target I went to. If theres anyone in the Northern Jersey or New York State region near the Palisades Mall Center the figs are in that area.

Hellboy
04-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Sorry, I forgot to thankyou as well KIDD. I wouldn't have been able to obtain mine without the DPCI # you provided. :beard:

dindae
04-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Went back to the same Target today and no surprise they were sold out.

bobafrett
04-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Got mine tonight, just by being nice, sounding a little panicked, but the store employee went and got me two of them from the back room. God bless her, she made my day. Bought two, one to leave in it's case, the other to...........not sure if I can release him from his prison, he looks so darn cute in the bubble.

jaxx
04-27-2005, 12:03 AM
OK... so am I understanding this correctly? The exclusive Clone Trooper IS avaialbe already??? This very site states that it won't be carried until May 5th. I'm a little confused.

My Target is just as strict as others that I've been hearing about in previous posts. When I call in to ask them a question about figures, they really get an attitude with me. If I'm at the store, the employees simply blow off my question and respond with, "we can't check in the back. You'll just have to come back or call when we open." When I tell them that I can't come in at 8AM because I have to be at work (40 miles away from my home) at 8AMish, or that when I call I get blown off, they simply say, "sorry... but that's what you'll have to do." I agree that Target employees, for the most part, have turned into little arrogant bitc*es when it comes to our beloved figures. They have their little "we can't check the back room for collectibles" notes pasted to all the Star Wars pegs. So... when you do ask someone, they can point to he sign like a thoughtless drone. I think what I like the best (note the sarcasm) is when an employee clearly sees that you're looking at the big ol' Star Wars section (as you fumble through every figure on the pegs), and they ask you if they can help you... knowing that if you ask them about the Star Wars, they "aren't allowed" to help you. It's such a little set up. It kinda pi**es me off. I am in the Chicagoland area, and every Target that I go to is exactly the same.

Blackened88
04-27-2005, 12:07 AM
It depends on the store when to put them out really, but May 5th seems to be the official date.

TFMyriad
04-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Interesting read!

Target has had this policy about collectable figures for 10 years. This is when Hotwheels started making Treasurehunts. Target employees not going in the back looking for figs, are just following company policy. Stores that are not following this policy should get on the ball. Don't the stores you people shop at have the collectable figure policy signs up? This is Targets way of fighting the scalpers. Unfortunately the whole company is not on the program and the guy looking for just one of a certain fig gets shafted. Complain to HQ that this store or that store is not on the program. You complaining that they are on the program could be a good thing for the store too. Shows the people working there don't have their heads in their bums.
It really sounds like Target missed the ball with a cordinated rollout with the fig. There must be a miscommunication somewhere within the company.
Star Wars is really big again. Those poor people working at Target probably get a lot of calls about certain this or certain that. They are also fully aware of the scalper situation. That is probably the reason for the frankness on the phone and in the store. People treating store employees like crap is not a good thing. Store employees treating customers like crap is a bad thing too. The policy should be posted though....
I saw some store employees getting treated like crap about this subject today. I think it is too bad. The employees were trying to explain that the fig had a street date. The two collectors were throwing a fit about it. Evidently one of their buds had snuck a few out the night before. They wanted theirs after hearing about it. The collectors did not get their way. I thought the poor manager was going to have to call the police. They were being extremely rude to her. They finally left though.
Me personally....... I don't think toys are a good investment. Toys can be reissued any time. Look what has happened to the value of old Transformers after the reissues started coming out. Oops sorry i did not mean to change the subject. Just enjoy your toys. Open them and play with them.
Happy hunting from an
Ex Target employee......

Always remember Target deals with volume not details. :crazed:

AmanaMatt
04-27-2005, 01:55 AM
In a perfect world, Target would be uniform from one store to the next....that being said, I am happy to have found the exclusive already...hell, I did not get a Lava Vader cause I had work and can't go to Target at 8am....if their exclusives were put out on a specific date, that would make life a lot easier for everyone. What I do not understand is the need to have an exclusive only have 50,000 figs or whatnot. Exclusives used to be about getting people to go to your store, so making them hard to get is pointless from a business pov.

1st Prime
04-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Tues nite 4/26 i went to my local target. an employee looked up that dtci something # it was in stock, he went in the back, came out w/1 & asked if i needed 2. nope just 1, i thanked him for a job well done. he was a nice guy. :D

KIDD
04-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Jaxx where and what Targets in chicago did u got to ill tell u which ones to avoid. lmk if u need a clone i have a couple xtras

OK... so am I understanding this correctly? The exclusive Clone Trooper IS avaialbe already??? This very site states that it won't be carried until May 5th. I'm a little confused.

My Target is just as strict as others that I've been hearing about in previous posts. When I call in to ask them a question about figures, they really get an attitude with me. If I'm at the store, the employees simply blow off my question and respond with, "we can't check in the back. You'll just have to come back or call when we open." When I tell them that I can't come in at 8AM because I have to be at work (40 miles away from my home) at 8AMish, or that when I call I get blown off, they simply say, "sorry... but that's what you'll have to do." I agree that Target employees, for the most part, have turned into little arrogant bitc*es when it comes to our beloved figures. They have their little "we can't check the back room for collectibles" notes pasted to all the Star Wars pegs. So... when you do ask someone, they can point to he sign like a thoughtless drone. I think what I like the best (note the sarcasm) is when an employee clearly sees that you're looking at the big ol' Star Wars section (as you fumble through every figure on the pegs), and they ask you if they can help you... knowing that if you ask them about the Star Wars, they "aren't allowed" to help you. It's such a little set up. It kinda pi**es me off. I am in the Chicagoland area, and every Target that I go to is exactly the same.

Darth Chicken Head
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D gigantic thanks to KIDD for posting the dcpi # !!! I got mine after reading this ! I went straight to my target ( 5min drive ) and went back to the same guy who handed out the lava vader coupons and got him to go back and get me a CASE !!! He said they didnt even have a floor plan for them !! Well here i come , Ebay !! :crazed::crazed::crazed::crazed::crazed:

Scackmgack
04-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah, dude, this is so up in the air it's crazy. Whether or not you get your SA Clone Troopers depends on who you know and where you are. I am friends with a Target Manager so I had her run the DCPI and then had to drive like 40 minutes away to where they were holding 6 SA Clones for me (for army building, not eBay), and I don't feel bad about it one whit because if I hadn't had her track them down for me the scalpers would have gotten them.

Scalping around Boston is much worse than I thought, I am learning. Much, much worse. I always thought the problem around here was poor supply, reading here on SSG about people finding all the good figs and me finding squat but seeing plenty of Boston sellers on eBay.

It's the scalpers getting to stores at 7 a.m. when I have to go to work.

74Nova
04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Just picked one up today in Beaverton, Oregon. Bummer part is that it was $12.99! They had it listed as the Lava Vader. Was on my lunch so I did not have time to argue or get details. Oh well, I would have spent the extra $4 driving around anyway...

Much better figure than the Lava Vader! It says nothing about a limited edition or anything about 1 of 50k like the Vader does

Hellboy
04-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Just picked one up today in Beaverton, Oregon. Bummer part is that it was $12.99!

Beaverton Oregon?!? I thought I cleaned that store out. Just kidding ;) nice to see another fellow Oregonian on the boards, not to many of us representin' here. :)

74Nova
04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Well they sure had a butt-load of 'em.

Have been more of a viewer than a poster over the years.

If you ever see an Unleashed Stormtrooper let me know.

Hellboy
04-27-2005, 05:02 PM
If you ever see an Unleashed Stormtrooper let me know.

Haven't seen one for awhile now but Fred Meyers would probably be your best bet. That was the last store I saw them at seeing as they're usually a bit behind the other retailers. You might try Toybliss (formerly Timeless Toys) in Lake Oswego and/or downtown Portland though, that is if you don't mind paying a bit more than retail. :)

hestep99
04-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Much better figure than the Lava Vader! It says nothing about a limited edition or anything about 1 of 50k like the Vader does

I think I read somewhere that it was actually limited to 50,000. I could be wrong so don't quote me on that. But it does seem like I read or heard that somewhere.

AmanaMatt
04-27-2005, 09:28 PM
I think I read somewhere that it was actually limited to 50,000. I could be wrong so don't quote me on that. But it does seem like I read or heard that somewhere.

Galactichunter.com in one of their C3 updates had a comment from a Hasbro rep that he thought the number would be similar to Lava Vader. I went back to my Target that had at least 20 Clone excl figs yesterday...they were down to two. I am in the middle of nowhere, and they still sell. Scalpers really s***** some *****- censored for the kiddies here.

sith_killer_99
04-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Welcome to year of Star Wars exclusives!

All of these exclusives are very frustrating! Everyone get's an exclusive this year; Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, K-Mart, Best Buy even Entertainment Earth! Not to mention all the Celebration III exclusives! It really is enough to drive a collector insane!

I spoke to my local Target today. I went to the scanner and checked the dpci code, it showed "In Stock" yet the customer service desk went in the back to check and no luck. They told me that it was probably on the truck and would most likely be out on the floor Saturday morning. :rolleyes:

KIDD
04-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Anyone having problems finding these lmk i have a few xtras

AmanaMatt
04-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Everyone get's an exclusive this year.... K-Mart...even Entertainment Earth!

What was the K-mart exclusive? As for Entertainment Earth, I love the exclusive, but at that price I feel the fans are being taken advantage of - so much so that I hope EE never gets another.

stillakid
04-28-2005, 12:57 AM
What was the K-mart exclusive? As for Entertainment Earth, I love the exclusive, but at that price I feel the fans are being taken advantage of - so much so that I hope EE never gets another.

Here are all the Exclusives I've heard of so far. No Kmart though. Anybody have any ideas what that could be?

Toys R Us Exclusives:

Jedi Starfighter with Anakin - May 15
Jedi Starifighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi - August/September
Carrying Case with 2 Bonus Figures - September
Classic X-Wing with Wedge - October
5 Piece Figure Value Pack - October
Holographic Yoda (Kashyyyk Transmission)
Anakin Skywalker Hologram (Promo similar to Holographic Yoda) - November

OTHER OUTLETS:
Lava Reflection Darth Vader (Target)
Clone Trooper (Target exclusive)

Early Bird box (Wal-Mart)

Hasbro Holographic Leia Prototype (Comic-Con 2005 Figure) (StarWarsShop.com exclusive)

Exclusive Celebration III Darth Vader

Hasbro 2005 Toy Fair Star Wars Darth Vader Press Kit

sease9
04-28-2005, 02:07 AM

I second that... :neutral:

Hellboy
04-28-2005, 02:28 AM
As for Entertainment Earth, I love the exclusive, but at that price I feel the fans are being taken advantage of

Yeah I've gotta agree with you. The thing that kills me is I ordered 2 cases, one for myself another for a friend, and the shipping total was $51. :eek: and thats supposedly their "Super Saver Shiping" rate. Some savings eh? :rolleyes:

K M Toydarian
04-28-2005, 03:43 AM
K-Mart had the repackaged Palm Talkers. Vader, Chewy, R2, 3PO, no new ones, but in ROTS packages.

BoPs
04-28-2005, 04:37 AM
im in the dark here.. whats entertainment earths exclusive?

JawaJoe
04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Anyone having problems finding these lmk i have a few xtras.

I would gladly take one off your hands Kidd. They either havent show up yet here in SD or their already gone.

sith_killer_99
04-28-2005, 09:29 AM
K-Mart had the repackaged Palm Talkers. Vader, Chewy, R2, 3PO, no new ones, but in ROTS packages.

Yeah, they got the Palm Talkers on April 2nd. I hadn't heard about these prior to April 2nd, but that morning someone from the KYSWCC mentioned it while we were waiting in line for the Lava Vader.

Sure, it was a lousy exclusive, a simple re-pack of four the ones that were out a few years ago, and the price was $9.99 each, but hey, at least they got an exclusive. I guess they only re-packed the figures that were going to be in ROTS, hence no Boba Fett. Also the lines are the same as they were for the first release, either they didn't have time to put in new lines, or they just figured we wouldn't notice that all the lines were from the OT. :rolleyes:

Either way I passed, well, I did pick up a C-3PO without all that green gunk on him.

BanthaPoodoo
04-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks to the person that gave the UPC #!!!! I wrote an email to my Dad in GA & he went to Target & picked me up some for my small army!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Still trying to track down #'s over 32 to finish my set!

AmanaMatt
04-28-2005, 10:36 AM
im in the dark here.. whats entertainment earths exclusive?

Those are the EP II clone trooper four packs - just go to their site and you will see it.

I order two sets only - both the clean with color ranks - shipping and tax $22...they wonder why I do not give them my business.

Thanks, Stillakid, for the exclusives list clarificaton.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Apparently Jedi Drew found a couple. I'm sure I won't be quite so lucky... *sigh*

sith_killer_99
04-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Well, one of the Target's I hit today confirmed the street date for the SA Clone is May 8th (Mother's Day). :rolleyes:

I still managed to grab a couple from a different Target! :D

I also went ahead and bought a pack of protective cases for the same Target. I know these things are overpriced and less than stellar, but I wanted one with the background insert for my Holo Yoda. :crazed:

I plan on going with Star Case 3 for the rest of my ROTS collection.

sithspider
04-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Like most people I have already gotten my clone trooper (Target) My question is do you think Target will handle things diffrently if they were to get another exclusive seeing Lava Vader got out early and the clone is out early every where?

sith_killer_99
04-28-2005, 08:33 PM
It all depends. My local Target handeled the Lava Vader perfectly. Also, none of the Targets around me have the Clones out on the floor, though I did mange to get them to pull from the back at least one told me they couldn't because it has a street date of 8 May. :crazed:

Veers
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I have not heard anything on this at my local Target. :confused:

sith_killer_99
04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Try taking down the dpci code and running it through the price scanner at the store, you will probably find that it says something like:

Asile: N/A
Stockroom: In Stock

Or something like that. You can also take the number to the Customer Service desk and ask 'em to pull them for you. Some Target employees are helpful enough to get you what you want. :D

KIDD
04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Whoever was the one that needed a clone from target email me kidd54331@sbcglobal.net ill be glad to sell for c+s i have extras if anyone needs any

jbudich
04-29-2005, 08:58 AM
I called Target twice...one time they told me they no idea what I was talking about and they had no "official" date for anything in their "books"...Anyway, I called back again the next day and the guy they connected me with seemed as though he might have been a collector like myself, so he had tons of very specific info for me...

He said that, Lucas has NO official date for the release of this figure, so, if I were to come into the store and SPECIFICALLY request that figure, since they have some in the back, they ARE allowed to go get me one...just one, per person...so, needless the say, I rushed over there after work, and my wife and I both one for each of us...well, both for me, but who's counting!! :)

good luck!

samskull
04-29-2005, 09:23 AM
I hit my Target front desk with the DCPI number for Mr. Exclu$ive Bullseye Mega-clone and it was in the computer but they had none in stock. Thanks Mr. Scalper for geeting there early! But I did find a dozen Pilots on the pegs and the Jet Pack Clone Trooper - bought two JPC and 4 Pilots for my two Gunships!

Quickie review:
The Jet Pack Trooper is a strange one. Has parts (legs, feet, maybe groin) from the 2003 SA Clone with a new torso and molded arms (only right arm bends at elbow and only in a 90 turn). Still he looks good in the "guarding" stance holding a weapon. The jetpack looks cool on without the missles and they fire like sheet, mang! Paint is not as good as #6 Clone, but he looks better standing up. For $9.99 it makes a descent alternative to the $13 Exclusive I didn't find.

ndjedi
04-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Thank you KIDD for the DCPI #, it worked this morning finally after several days of punching the # at my local Target! I asked one of the guys stocking if he could go back and get me a few, and he brought out the whole box! Got two for 12.99. I asked if they went on sale if i could get them at the sale price of 9.99, they said no, i should have know better that cashiers don't know much about stuff like that. But oh well, at least I got the new Super Articulated Clone Trooper! Thanks again KIDD for your help!

plokoon421
04-29-2005, 12:19 PM
I just got 2 of these target exclusive clone troopers today. It looks like they had alot more too. I still haven't opened one yet, I am waiting to see what #44 looks like.

Dark Helmet
04-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Sir Steve says that the figure will be available May 5th but when I picked up the 4 new deluxe figures at Target, a random guy told me that Hasbro and rebelscum say it is on the 8th. Anyone have a definite date.....adjusting work schedule accordingly!!!!!1

Slicker
04-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Obviously it's being sold right now but the date that I saw in some sorta offcial looking thing said May 5.

jedi master sal
04-30-2005, 04:12 PM
If you find teh DCPI number within the pages of this thread, take it to Target.

I did last night and politely asked if they had it in stock. They said yes and that it was in the stock room. They had 24 of them. (two cases worth). They asked how many I wanted. I said all of them, so I could sell them to my friends on Sirstevesguide....no...okay I only asked for two of them and got them.

They didn't even bat an eyelash and tehere was NO talk of a specific release date. So TRY it. You've got nothing to lose and a Target Exclusive Clonetrooper to gain by it. Just please don't be greedy...

-Sal

JetsAndHeels
04-30-2005, 04:48 PM
I picked one of these up today. Went to the nearby Target and showed an employee the dcpi #. They did not have it in stock at that store, but he ran a search to see which stores in the area did have it. As soon as they located a store with them, he asked them to hold me one and I went over there and picked it up, no questions asked.

Hellboy
04-30-2005, 05:00 PM
...okay I only asked for two of them and got them.

Only two sal? I figured you of all people would probably be good for at least a half dozen of these things. ;)

Dark Helmet
04-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Where to I get teh DCPI number???? I'm going tomorrow to look!!
Please help!!

Slicker
04-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Here's the DCPI from one of the first couple of posts in this thread. 087061489

Dark Helmet
04-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Thank you all!!!!! Wish me luck....I think I'll need it. By the way, does any one have a DV Target Exclusive for sale??? I'can't see paying $65.00 or $60.00 for one.

Dark Helmet
04-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Are the SA and SP Clone Troopers two different figures? One being #41 and the other an exclusive?:confused:

Slicker
04-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the same figure.
SA=Super Articulated
SP=Super Poseable

BTW, if you need a Vader try putting something in your sig or listing it in the classifieds.

Darth Alex
05-01-2005, 12:39 AM
I picked one of these up today. Went to the nearby Target and showed an employee the dcpi #. They did not have it in stock at that store, but he ran a search to see which stores in the area did have it. As soon as they located a store with them, he asked them to hold me one and I went over there and picked it up, no questions asked.

In NE Pennsylvania, all 3 Targets won't hold toys anymore...they site being fined(!) for holding collectibles. Good to hear other Targets haven't lost their minds.
Seriously! If I'm gonna drive to a Target to pick up a toy, the least they can do is hold it outta courtesy for the sale!:stupid: Anyway, good find. 5/8 cannot get here soon enough if that is INDEED the actual stock date for the Clone...

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 04:23 AM
Well, after calling my local Target and finding out they had them in stock, I made the trip to the store. The employee working toys was more than happy enough to go get them out of the back. He asked how many I wanted and I told him 1. He brought out the entire case and opened it up and let me get one. Nowhere on the case did it have any kind of shelf date stamped on it. I just hope that the Sunday ad has them for $9.99 or part of some kind of promotion, because $12.99 is a little high (escpecially for a repack).

ace2005
05-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks,

for the info, it seems most of the Targets are not putting them out until May 8, but if you ask for it they don't seem to have any problems getting it for you. I was lucky enough to see the box sealed when I got mine and did notice some notation with the date May 8, 2005. Also, they don't seem to have limits either I got two without a fuss.

Thanks, again for the insight being I would have been out of town when they are supposed to be on the shelf, but if people keep asking them and picking them up before May 8, most likely they will not have any for their ad if that is what they intended.

Good Luck, :D

steeltormentor69
05-04-2005, 07:30 PM
I called them up yesterday and asked if they had any in stock. I gave her the DCPI # and everything. I described what the figure was and described the packaging to her. She said they had them in stock and she would put one on hold for me to pick up today. I drove the 30 miles to the target and found out that she had the clonetrooper with the cup held back for me. How nice of her... idiots.

ace2005
05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I seem to have that problem to at the service desk. It seems they can look it up, but they get a lot of star wars stuff on their screen because the first time I did it she was asking me what size I wanted and I said, "What?". I had to explain what it was, but what seemed to help was the price of 12.99, which help her narrow it down. Its bizarre that their computer will give them a list of stuff and that dcpi number is the unique number for that item. Everytime I used the scanner it came up right.

Good Luck, :evil:

Scackmgack
05-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I seem to remember someone saying something about these figures going on sale for $9.99 at some point, but now I read it is just a hope...

I got mine like a week and a half ago through a friend who manages a Target. I had to drive 40 minutes away to get them, but I figured this was the only way I could assure myself of the squad of six I wanted. Yes, expensive, but I adore the unit markings.

ANYWAY, I haven't opened them because I seemed to remember something about them going on sale - but as soon as I know, for sure, that $12.99 is the price they are remaining at, I am tearing them all open.

So...does anyone know anything, for real, about a sale, or is it time to put these boys into active duty?

JediCole
05-05-2005, 12:31 PM
The Target stores in the Fort Worth/Arlington, TX area are peopled by an aggragate of idiots. Mrs. JediCole called and/or visited several stores and was given a different story at each one! One would not even entertain looking up the item number for her. Another told her, "Oh we had that about a month ago and it sold out". Obviously the mindless automoton was thinking of the Lava Reflection Vader, but you cannot convey such concepts to the inept. I called another Target and at least got someone helpful. He looked up the number and found a notation, "Revision 5/8/05". This is suggestive of the May 8 release so we will try anew on Sunday.

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Here is why (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5973532677&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) you cant find them at retail.

AmanaMatt
05-05-2005, 12:46 PM
This ultimately is up to Hasbro to make sure enough of the fig is made and sold to their partner, in this case, Target....I am sorry everyone is having a bee-yotch of a time finding this piece. Exclusives are cool in theory, but finding them is well beyond frustrating.

DarthDiablo22
05-05-2005, 12:52 PM
i picked up 5 more of these guys...building a super clone army! these guys are cool. I like how the body moves and all makes for great poses!they are out there i have seen them at the same store on the shelf for a few weeks now i ipicked up 2 at first then 4 then got 1 more the next day....i can find these but not regular #6 clones...weird..but i am building my army no matter what the cost...=) Now if i can just find a gunship..........

Sith Lord 0498
05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Here is why (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5973532677&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) you cant find them at retail.

At least he's not making much profit right now. Current bid is $151. That's $15.10 per figure. He's only making around $13 profit on the whole lot as of now.

Gotta love that "Impossible to find in stores!!" tag.

Yeah...because of people like you, you a**wipe!!! (followed by bouncing a Target Clonetrooper off his horned skull) :p

trandoshan666
05-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I read an item description on the exclusive clone the other day in which the seller actually admitted that he was a Target employee who snatched these up before they hit the shelves. He was bragging about it! And to rub it in a little more, the photo of the figure showed it propped on top of an unopened case of exclusive clone troopers. That's crap no matter how you look at it.

Dark Helmet
05-06-2005, 01:01 PM

Sounds like scalpers at work! They suck....it screws the dedicated collectors like us.

rbaumhauer
05-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I'll consider myself lucky - went to my local Target today with the DCPI, went to the Customer Service desk, and the system showed 11 in stock. The very helpful employee contacted back room staff, who confirmed the count and told her where she could find them in the back room. A few minutes later, I had the figure and was on my way. Along with the AT-TE Gunner I found an hour earlier at WallyWorld (they had multiples of 37-40, plus the only 2 Red Guards I've seen at retail), it was a pretty decent morning :)

Good luck to everybody who wants this figure and hasn't been able to track it down - it's easily the best exclusive figure so far, and one that every collector should have the opportunity to add to their collection.

Rick

piratefett
05-06-2005, 08:48 PM
I consider myself lucky as well. Went today, one lone figure hanging on the peg because the star case was dented. I love all the clone variants so I shelled out the $12.99. Has the same markings as Commander Neyo. I would have preferred Neyo's actual helmet though so that it would really be worth the $12.99.

Darth Chicken Head
05-07-2005, 04:04 PM
i consider me lucky too...i bought a moc silver boba for 25$ from brian toys ..then i see a target clone for 40 + shipping !! christ brian ?!!? wth !?!:frus:

WesleySr
05-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I read an item description on the exclusive clone the other day in which the seller actually admitted that he was a Target employee who snatched these up before they hit the shelves. He was bragging about it! And to rub it in a little more, the photo of the figure showed it propped on top of an unopened case of exclusive clone troopers. That's crap no matter how you look at it.

Hey trandoshan, can you find that auction again and send it to me or post it here. Thanks in advance.

Hellboy
05-07-2005, 04:40 PM
i consider me lucky too...i bought a moc silver boba for 25$ from brian toys ..then i see a target clone for 40 + shipping !! christ brian ?!!? wth !?!:frus:

He's only selling them for that much because they haven't "officially" come out yet. Seeing as how most stores have already broken the street date many collectors are worried that they won't get this figure on the 8th of this month so that drives up the demand and you can bet Brians Toys will capitalize on that. I'd expect that price to come down after this weekend but then again you never know ole' Brian could still have it at 300% above retail since that seems to be about the average mark up for his scalping business. :greedy:

piratefett
05-07-2005, 05:55 PM
I saw aquote in one of the threads that went something like desperate buyers create scalpers. I defintely think there's some truth to that. i know I'm guilty of tha.t always wanting to snag something first. if collectors didn't feed into it they would have no market.

Sith Lord 0498
05-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I saw aquote in one of the threads that went something like desperate buyers create scalpers. I defintely think there's some truth to that. i know I'm guilty of tha.t always wanting to snag something first. if collectors didn't feed into it they would have no market.

I agree. As I see it, collectors need to do either or both of these two things in order to undermine and destroy a scalper's livelihood.

First, they need to band together with other collectors in an area and forge a network that can spot and grab these figures for everyone. It's like shrimping in a sense: use a bigger net and you'll catch more. That's what Darth Alex, MottiMearl, and I have done up here in Northeastern PA. So far, it's worked fantastically.

Second, collectors need to train themselves to let go of the items they can't get. Completists would have the hardest time of this. Remember that this hobby should be fun not frustrating. If you drive yourself crazy over the figure you can't find or give in to paying high prices, is the item really worth it all in the end? Will your life be incomplete to any extent if you can't find one thing out of a hundred?

I know that's a hard thing to do. I've been there myself. Take pride in what you have found. More than likely, you already have a great collection that's unique and reflective of your tastes and personality. Ask yourself: what's the worst that will happen if you can't find the Target exclusive Clonetrooper and how is that going to affect your life?

Chances are you will mourn it for a few seconds and then move on to looking for different figures.

And of course, this means you won't resort to buying from a scalper, they'll lose money (which does affect their lives greatly) and move on from Star Wars, and the future won't be as frustrating because the scalpers won't be hoarding all the figures. Scalpers would become the 100% operable cancer in collecting.

Plus, there's a good chance a year down the road that you'll be able to snag that figure which alluded you for cost from that scalper trying to recover what they lost. Or maybe they'll give up earlier, return the items to the store, and then they're all yours!

Just something on which to meditate.

JEDIpartner
05-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Went out to get a second one this morning. I came home with nothing. One Target claimed they were never notified of such an item and didn't have any in stock. Another Target remembers selling a whole case to someone a couple weeks ago and didn't recall what happened to the other one. I went back to the Target where a manager so kindly sold the one to me because I had come asking for it with their DCPI number. They also claimed to have never received any in stock.

Whatever.

Monstermile
05-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm really surprised this hasn't popped up on target.com yet. Apparently they have been hitting stores for a few weeks now. Didn't take the Lava Vader long to be up ther (and sell out).

Oh and nothing in this weeks sale ad.

bats1990
05-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I was a bit surprised by that. I thought for sure there would be something in the ad this week. Weird.

steeltormentor69
05-08-2005, 01:29 PM
I called the Target in Joplin, MO this morning to see what the status on the clone troopers was and they said they sold out. The dude said they had them but since the date to sell them wasn't specified they sold them early. BUT, he said they were to be coming in 2 waves and that they get shipments of stuff in on mondays, wednesdays and fridays and to check back tomorrow and if they had them they would put one on hold for me. I just hope its not like the idiot that put the clone trooper with the cup on hold for me. I'm thinking right now I could probably wring her neck since now I know that when I did call before they actually DID have them in.

Scackmgack
05-08-2005, 04:46 PM
I finally opened one of mine.

Indeed, it is a "yellowed" figure. Kind of dissapointing. And the waist articulation is very loose.

Another dissapointment which you could always see, but which bothers me more now that it is off the card - why is the unit insignia on the chest not complete? There is that chunk missing on the left side. It wouldn't be so bad if the same unit insignia was not complete on the helmet, arm, and leg.

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Compared to #41, they both are the same except color of the markings. I've decided to go against all that I know is holy and open the Tgt exclusive and pose him on my desk. I do feel it was cheap way to get the collectors going by making a repack an exclusive.

Disappointed. I am!

spang2005
05-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Good things come to those who wait.

I, foolishly, thought that if I just waited until the official release date (today) these would be easy enough to find. I couldn't have been more wrong. I originally intended to get out to Target for opening this morning, but overslept. I didnt get there until 10:30, only to find three empty pegs labeled "SW Artic. Clone 12.99". Went to the second Target @ 11:00, and found two empty pegs with the same label. Apparently a lot of people in the Knoxville area used the DCPI method to get these early. I had to go to lunch then until about 1:15. On my way home, I decided to drive about 1/2 an hour out of my way to go to the last Target I knew of. Though I originally planned to get two (one to open and one to keep in package), I now prayed to find just one. I went into the Target, and as I approached the Star Wars aisle, I began to speed up. I immediately saw this brilliant figure hanging at the end of the aisle, but it was not alone. I got, what I assume, to be the last two Clones in Knoxville, unless more get shipped. Thank you for reading, and best of luck finding these if you haven't yet.

tagmac
05-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Was very lucky to get one this morning. I got to Target about 10 minutes before they opened, and there were only 3 others waiting in their cars. By the time we get out to line up, about 6 other show up at the last second, and they all grab baskets and fast-walk to the toy section. Luckily, the clones weren't actually on the pegs, although I was never so happy to have already gotten the Tank Gunner two weeks ago, as some guy darted in front of me and grabbed the only one on the pegs (no sign of the Guards - glad I already got one of each on 4/2). One of the employees then walked over with an open case of the clones, and handed them to those of us in the aisle. The guy only had 5 or 6, as he told us that, while they were supposed to wait until today, they had already sold some during the week (I know for a fact at least one was sold two weeks ago, cuz a kid in the school I work at showed me the one he got....and opened - glad to see one go early to someone who would actually PLAY with it).

As I'm walking out to pay for my figure, I see people racing with shopping carts to the toy aisle. I'm pretty sure they were scalpers, especially one guy I saw really racing, or why waste time getting a cart first. I had to smile to myself, cuz if they were scalpers, they weren't getting anything, while the lucky few of us collectors (at least, I think the guys I was talking to were)who did got one each.

Monstermile
05-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Just read this little tidbit of info:

Things to know about the Target Clone Trooper:
1. May 8th was the revision date, not the release date. That means that the 8th is when the Clone officially replaces the Lava Vader on the pegs. A revision date is the first day of the week that this is to be completed. So stores have all this week to make that change.
2. This item has/had no official "release" date. Unlike the Lava Vader (which had special handling instructions), and the other E3 toys, which did.
3. We received word that the item could be placed for sale upon receipt, (to fill the Lava Vader hole). It is really at the discretion of each store to hold the item for the revision, or put it out right away.
4. This item is again limited to 50,000, with a second wave due to show up.

So while minimal, there is still a glimmer of hope for those (including me) that have so far missed out.

sith_killer_99
05-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah it sucks that this thing will be limited to just 50,000! Scalpers on Ebay will be using that to drive up the price, and unfortunatly this was not as well executed as the Lava Vader. :mad: At least, it wasn't as well executed as the Lava Vader was around my area.

El Chuxter
05-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Three Targets yesterday knew nothing of it.

A fourth had empty pegs marked for it.

The fifth had a helpful employee who said there'd been an e-mail saying it would be received by the 11th, but hadn't come in yet.

I'm going to have to check every Target around daily. :mad:

kool-aid killer
05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I think the manner in which this exclusive is being put out totally blows. It would have been so much easier for a lot of people if there were an official date for these to be put out. For the past two weeks ive been going to various Targets near me just about every day of the week and i have yet to see one. Ive even used the product # whenever possible (some Targets here dont have the boxes were you can punch it in yourself) yet nothing to indicate they will come in. Aarrgghhh!

abell748
05-09-2005, 04:08 PM
I gambled and waited till Sunday to try. I was there when they opened and three of us went straight back to the SW section. There were no Clones!!!! After a few minutes, the Hot Wheel losers came over searching for the Clone Trooper. One asked us and a Target worker if they had any and he said no. After the HW guys left, he told the three of us to wait a second. When he returned he had an unopened case of the Clones. Each of us took one and he returned them to the back. He then asked if we were looking for anything else. When it was said and done, he brought out figures 37-44, the new deluxe, and the Clone Trooper!!!! Very cool, but damn it was expensive. FYI- The price was 12.99 at our Target. They must not have a set price, it must depend on your Target.

Hellboy
05-09-2005, 04:34 PM
When it was said and done, he brought out figures 37-44, the new deluxe, and the Clone Trooper!!!! Very cool, but damn it was expensive. FYI- The price was 12.99 at our Target. They must not have a set price, it must depend on your Target.

Thats the MSRP at every Target, same as the Lava Vader. :)

tagmac
05-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Nice job by the employee, waiting for the losers/scalpers to clear out, then bringing out the new stuff for you guys. Reminds me of the old guy I saw speeding to the aisle with a shopping cart as I was heading to the register with my clone - thankfully that loser got nothing, as the employee had brought out a few clones and handed them to us few collectors who were there first.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I checked the 5th. Asked at the customer service desk and was told that they were expecting them but didn't know when they would arrive. I checked first thing on the 8th, and nothing. I didn't see anything later that day either. Did not check today though. Perhaps I will check again tomorrow.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-09-2005, 08:32 PM
At my Target today, they had pegs with the correct labels and all, so hopefully they'll come in soon. I bet I already missed them though . . .

spang2005
05-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Can anyone relate with me? I feel guilty for getting two of these, but I'm really glad I have one opened and one in the package. But since I did get them both the "real" way, I don't think I feel as bad.

Sith Lord 0498
05-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Can anyone relate with me? I feel guilty for getting two of these, but I'm really glad I have one opened and one in the package. But since I did get them both the "real" way, I don't think I feel as bad.

You don't have anything to feel guilty about. Considering the combination of collectibility/display potential in the package and the playability out of the package, I can imagine that most collectors would want two for those reasons. As for myself, I'm keeping it in the package.

It's not your fault if Target and Hasbro are setting such ridiculous limits (isn't the rumor a production run of 50,000 only??). I think your purchase was entirely reasonable.

tagmac
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
If two is all you got, don't feel too guilty. I got two of the Holo Yodas on 4/2, even though they were limited to the first 12 people in the store, cuz my g/f was with me, and I didn't feel too bad. One to open, one to keep sealed. If that's what you're doing with your two, nothing wrong with that. Now, if you went and got a case of them, or tossed them both up on ebay, that's a whole other story. Considering all the scalpers racing into Targets yesterday to get them, kudos to you as a collector getting two instead of them. Heck, if some of the scalpers saw the opened Target Clone I saw a kid at my school playing wiht, they'd flip out as badly as they did when the little kids were ripping open the exclusive Jedi Luke fiugre at theaters accross the country back in '97.

DarthZylek
05-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a friend at the Target corporate headquarters and he looked up the figure and was able to guide me to a store that still had stock. When I got to the store they still had one hanging on the peg. He also saw that there is a second shipment due to the distrubutions centers and will be in the stores in the next week or so. I'll post if I get more definate dates.

Dark Helmet
05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Just read this little tidbit of info:

So while minimal, there is still a glimmer of hope for those (including me) that have so far missed out.

I did not know all that you wrote. Learned something did I. The package on the exc. CT does not read 1 of 50,000 though. I take it that you have some inside scoop as to the 50,00 is true. I hope it is though!!!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Here's what I don't get about these new exclusives: why are they imposing such a limited production run??? There were no limits on the TIE Interceptor. There were no limits on the Princess Leia/Boushh 12" figure. The fact that only one store has them will drive up the secondary market value and ensure collectors come to that store.

The smart thing to do would be mass-produce as many exclusive Clonetroopers as possible, drop the price to $6-7 range, and keep pumping them into stores. They'd make a lot more money that way instead of infuriating consumers when it becomes a treasure hunt rat race trying to find them.

Dark Helmet
05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
If two is all you got, don't feel too guilty. I got two of the Holo Yodas on 4/2, even though they were limited to the first 12 people in the store, cuz my g/f was with me, and I didn't feel too bad. One to open, one to keep sealed. If that's what you're doing with your two, nothing wrong with that. Now, if you went and got a case of them, or tossed them both up on ebay, that's a whole other story. Considering all the scalpers racing into Targets yesterday to get them, kudos to you as a collector getting two instead of them. Heck, if some of the scalpers saw the opened Target Clone I saw a kid at my school playing wiht, they'd flip out as badly as they did when the little kids were ripping open the exclusive Jedi Luke fiugre at theaters accross the country back in '97.

I purchase 2 or more of exclusives. One to open and the 2nd for display. I do that for a couple others I just think look cool. I f I luck onto 3-4 , I'll trade with a true collector so the collectors (diehards that we are get all the figures). I don;t feel guilty and I've nevr posted any SW figure on E-Bay. I do it for the love and thrill of finding figures and apotential investment I can give to my children. I can;t take them with me when I die but I would rather have my children benefit from my love of SW than scalpers in for the quick buck.

sith_killer_99
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM

Don't feel bad, I bought 2 as well, one to keep carded and one to open. This thing just begs to be opened and played with, unlike the Lava Vader. What is the "real" way? I went to Target and ran the DCPI code KIDD posted and it said they were in the stock room. I went to the counter and explained to the Customer Service person that I had the code and it was showing "In Stock" but none were on the shelves. She called the back and they brought out a case of them. A less scrupulous person might have bought the whole case. In any event, I got my 2 and went home happy. If I manage to find more I am willing to help out anyone on the boards that I can.

BTW, the 1:50,000 thing was posted here:

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=92171

4. This item is again limited to 50,000, with a second wave due to show up.

Dark Helmet
05-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Here's what I don't get about these new exclusives: why are they imposing such a limited production run??? There were no limits on the TIE Interceptor. There were no limits on the Princess Leia/Boushh 12" figure. The fact that only one store has them will drive up the secondary market value and ensure collectors come to that store.

The smart thing to do would be mass-produce as many exclusive Clonetroopers as possible, drop the price to $6-7 range, and keep pumping them into stores. They'd make a lot more money that way instead of infuriating consumers when it becomes a treasure hunt rat race trying to find them.

Good point..I guess it is to ensure that Hasbro has us serious collectors spending huge amounts of time and going to ALL stores Hasbro wants...I'm sure the retail stores want that as well. It just makes frustrating to get all the figures. I don;t buy the Brarc w/Obi or any others like it until X-mas because they will deop from $24 down to $5.

Dark Helmet
05-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Don't feel bad, I bought 2 as well, one to keep carded and one to open. This thing just begs to be opened and played with, unlike the Lava Vader. What is the "real" way? I went to Target and ran the DCPI code KIDD posted and it said they were in the stock room. I went to the counter and explained to the Customer Service person that I had the code and it was showing "In Stock" but none were on the shelves. She called the back and they brought out a case of them. A less scrupulous person might have bought the whole case. In any event, I got my 2 and went home happy. If I manage to find more I am willing to help out anyone on the boards that I can.

I am trying to do thr same...I have acouple extra and one person oont he boards talking about a trade...help a true fan i will....scalpers in for the money only i do not want to help. Trouble....knowing who is true collectors or who are BS artists. I can learn but you the old aying, screw me once, shame on you but scew me twicw shame on me....anyting to help a fellow true SW diehard fans for the story, graphics, and extraordinary imagination of George "the man" lucas. I'll check out your link from rs. Thanks for that as well!!!

Trying to submit but it says I need 10 more caracters. Not sure why but I;m just trying to talk to people that know about "the love of the saga". A lot don't care if you start a conversation wth someone lookking for items but don;t go to the extremes we true collectors and fans too.

kool-aid killer
05-10-2005, 01:23 AM
I gambled and waited till Sunday to try. I was there when they opened and three of us went straight back to the SW section. There were no Clones!!!! After a few minutes, the Hot Wheel losers came over searching for the Clone Trooper. One asked us and a Target worker if they had any and he said no. After the HW guys left, he told the three of us to wait a second. When he returned he had an unopened case of the Clones. Each of us took one and he returned them to the back. He then asked if we were looking for anything else. When it was said and done, he brought out figures 37-44, the new deluxe, and the Clone Trooper!!!! Very cool, but damn it was expensive. FYI- The price was 12.99 at our Target. They must not have a set price, it must depend on your Target.

That was awesome on the employees part, getting the Hot Wheel fans to leave other toy lines alone and letting you three get the clone. Id a bought the man a drink just to show my gratitude. Then to bring out a bunch of new stuff on top of that, you guys made out with a nice haul.

spang2005
05-10-2005, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=sith_killer_99] What is the "real" way?

I just meant that I got them off the pegs on the 8th, which I thought was an actual "release" date, not knowing there was not a designated release day. In other words, I didn't get them "early".

spang2005
05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
What is the "real" way?

Even though we know now that the 8th wasn't really a "release date", I thought it was. So what I meant was that I waited and bought them off the pegs on that day instead of using the dcpi to get them "early".

sith_killer_99
05-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Kewl, I wasn't sure if you meant that you didn't buy 'em off a scalper, or have a buddy of yours working at Target snake a few for you or whatever.

Yeah, it's too bad Target didn't have an official "release" date, it would have made it much easier on collectors.

DarthZylek
05-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Kewl, I wasn't sure if you meant that you didn't buy 'em off a scalper, or have a buddy of yours working at Target snake a few for you or whatever.

Yeah, it's too bad Target didn't have an official "release" date, it would have made it much easier on collectors.

They are supposed to have a couple more exclusive figures this year, so hopefully they learn from this one.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Well, I went to Target after work today. I didn't see the Clone Trooper. I asked an employee and she said they got them in last week and sold out right away. I was there on Thursday and the courtesy desk told me they were expecting them but didn't know when they were coming for sure. So either they were wrong or they came after that. Good thing I'm not a Wookiee.

ThePurpleSaber
05-11-2005, 08:37 AM
I work at a Target in Lexington, Ky. and we just got our second wave in today. I was off last Thurs. when they put the figure out early and didn't get one. Today though I went by the toy section before we opened and there were about 24 of them on the pegs. I grabbed my one and am now happy for the rest of the day. Good Luck in finding these fellas.

Dark Helmet
05-11-2005, 02:09 PM

When you say a second wave is coming, what do you mean? Do you mean an assortment that includes the same exclusive clonetrooper in a case? Or do you mean a whole other figure? I read the quote about the 1 in 50,000. Why not advertise that??? When we collectors find figures like that in the retail stores, our adrenaline goes through the roof. Marketing Dept. screwed that up...or.....it was purposeful so that we wouldn't know it was a limited edition until later and thus driving up the demand??? Opinions?:confused:

DarthZylek
05-11-2005, 02:39 PM
The target by me put out their second wave today. I picked up two, one for MOC and one to open. It really sucks that they made an army builder such a limited edition. Hope the other Target exclusives slated for this year are one of the named clone commanders (Bree, Bly, Cody, Neyo). A commander Neyo would go quite nicely with the exclusive trooper since they have the same red markings.

ThePurpleSaber
05-11-2005, 02:42 PM
second wave means the same clone just more arriving at a later date.

Casual George
05-11-2005, 03:14 PM
My local target told me that according to computer the exclusive clone trooper had been discontinued. I believe that they may had the barcode scanner mismatched to the clear cases that have been recalled. Has anyone else encountered this problem at Target?

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 08:30 PM
I can't remember if this has been mentioned already but I noticed that there are two different versions of the clamshell for this Clone Trooper. The difference is minor but all of the Clones I bought have the same symbol as the Lava Vader inside the circles at the top of the case. The clamshell I saw today had the Clone Trooper insignia that is present on the figure inside the circles. Like I said its minor but a clamshell variation none the less.

DarthChuckMc
05-11-2005, 08:37 PM
The Clone Trooper is DISCONTINUED because the order for 50,000 has been received from HASBRO.

After each store receives their 2nd shipment, they will NOT get anymore.....basically, if you don't find the Clone Trooper by this weekend, don't expect to EVER find it....not saying you WON'T, but Corperate told us once the 2nd shipment sells out, replace the pegs with BASIC figures.

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I can't remember if this has been mentioned already but I noticed that there are two different versions of the clamshell for this Clone Trooper. The difference is minor but all of the Clones I bought have the same symbol as the Lava Vader inside the circles at the top of the case. The clamshell I saw today had the Clone Trooper insignia that is present on the figure inside the circles. Like I said its minor but a clamshell variation none the less.

I can see it now...

"Target exclusive Clonetrooper - Sith clamshell insignia!!! Ultra-rare!!! Found only by a few lucky people and scalp...er...entrepeneurial businessmen!!!"

"Starting bid only $299.99!!!!!!!!!"

Hasbro, Hasbro, Hasbro...why oh why only 50,000??? They're army builders for Pete's sake!!!

And Target!! You could've made a fortune if you ordered so many more and lowered the price a bit.

Dark Helmet
05-12-2005, 01:15 PM
What is the clamshell? I have the lava vader and clone and still can't figure out what the clamshell is? Maybe..stupid I am? Little help on this one please!

Dark Helmet
05-12-2005, 01:17 PM
second wave means the same clone just more arriving at a later date.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

steeltormentor69
05-12-2005, 02:04 PM
What is the clamshell? I have the lava vader and clone and still can't figure out what the clamshell is? Maybe..stupid I am? Little help on this one please!
The shell in which clams live in.

Actually it's the plastic case that the lava vader and the clone trooper come in.
The VOTC line also live in "clam shells".

Dark Helmet
05-12-2005, 08:11 PM
The shell in which clams live in.

Actually it's the plastic case that the lava vader and the clone trooper come in.
The VOTC line also live in "clam shells".

Thank you very much. I'll check mine out to see if I have the clone insignia.

AmanaMatt
05-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Horrible news; why make an army builder so bleeping hard to get!?!? I mean, is it not enough to gouge us on a $13 price tag; here's a thought: make 100,000 and charge $6.50 - that way, everyone wins. I mean, this aint rocket science!

ThePurpleSaber
05-12-2005, 10:06 PM

I just checked mine and the clamshell circles had the Clone Trooper insignia inside the circle. Maybe the first wave of them had the same symbol as the Vader and the second wave has the Trooper insignia.

Sith Lord 0498
05-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I just checked mine and the clamshell circles had the Clone Trooper insignia inside the circle. Maybe the first wave of them had the same symbol as the Vader and the second wave has the Trooper insignia.

The first wave was the "Sith" insignia. That's the one I have on my wall.

Dark Helmet
05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
The clone with the sith insignia was very much still in stock at a Target in Columbus OH. There were 6 of them hanging on the pegs. They all had the different clamshell than the previous wave. They even had 41-44 there as well. Couldn't believe it. I picked a destroyer droid #44 since my original one was sliced by a boxcutter used by a Target employee. I was nice and only picked up 2 of the exclusives and left 4. I may have found a "honeyhole" where not too many collectors go...or.....they were just put out. My luck, they were just put out.

Strategist
05-13-2005, 07:07 PM
My stores still don't have there second wave yet. I wish I would have bought 2 more whne they first had them. (im making a special squad for these guys I have one and need 2 more)

Veers
05-13-2005, 08:39 PM
None around here yet.

trandoshan666
05-14-2005, 12:48 AM
After weeks of (politely) hounding an area Target, I finally got hooked up with one of these. Very nice figure, and what a relief. Now I just have to track down the elusive 41-44.

Clonetrooper1131
05-14-2005, 01:18 AM
I went to the local Target, and I found the Clone Trooper. It had either looked like they had just put them on the pegs, or no one knew they were there. They weren't easily seen. I was kind of shocked to find them, seeing how everyone on the boards are saying they can't find them. I'm probably going to regret this, but I didn't pick one up. I dunno, it just seemed like $12.99 was a bit much for one figure. I would have been much happier if I could find the darn Tank Gunner. :mad:

kool-aid killer
05-14-2005, 01:27 AM
You could have used the Clone as trade bait for the Tank Gunner, i would have bit.

VaderhitsJarjar
05-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Free at last! Free At Last!!
The Target In McDonough, GA put out a box around 6:30Pm. I picked up two Clone Troopers and left the rest for hopefully children and collectors. There happens to be a fleamarket across the street on Saturday and Sundays with a action figure booth and hopefully he will only get a couple - he really is a nice guy and dosnt hoard stuff.

Scalpers hit Atlanta hard and I've yet to see 41-44. The color variation for the wookie seems cool. It appears the Red Guards come random two at a time - I got my first one opening day at TRU - and found two more at a K-Mart. But Ive seen them in twos twice now at Walmart.

I believe this second wave with the clone trooper marking in the clam-shell will be the one to find as this second wave is pretty much come and gone. Yet I've heard rumblings that they (Hasbro/Target) only released 50,000 of these puppies for right now with more comming later. (Marketing guys)
Good luck on the Hunt!

Clonetrooper1131
05-14-2005, 05:38 AM
You could have used the Clone as trade bait for the Tank Gunner, i would have bit.

MUTHA F*CKER!!! :mad: Why didn't I think of that?!!? I'm going to go back tomorow and see if they do have it. With my luck probably not.

Spinosaurus2004
05-14-2005, 09:40 AM
I went to Target on my lunch break from work not expecting to find any Clone Troopers but I found one and bought it. I'm not an army builder or anything so even though there were a few more left I only wanted one. I don't see how those army builders justify paying 13 bucks for multiple figures anyway.

As for the figure, he is super cool. I love all the articulation. Top notch figure!

DarthAngel
05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I really don't like people in my area.

I went to my local Target yesterday, figuring that it had been a few days since the Clonetrooper had been released, all the scalpers must have had gotten their grubby hands on the figures they wanted. Boy was I wrong.

I was walking down by where they had the Star Wars toys and I noticed that they only had one Clonetrooper left. So I went to grab it, and the guy standing to my left who was searching some of the other pegs, reached over and grabbed the figure. I looked at him, only to notice his cart, which was filled with at least 15 Clones, all of the #41-44 figures, and all of the new deluxe figures.

I asked ever so nicely if he would be willing to let me have one of each item that was in his cart, and he told me in a rather nasty tone, that I could have them once he put them on sale in his store. So I said fine, and walked over to the sale associate that was watching everything that was going on between the rude guy and me. The sales associate didn't even seem to care that this guy had taken all the new stuff and left the peg warmers for the rest of us collectors and kids.

I am starting to think that this guy and the Target associate were working together from the beginning, and that is why the guy was able to get his hands on all the new merchandise. Grr...

Blackened88
05-14-2005, 01:54 PM
wow that sucks

ronhudy
05-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I really don't like people in my area.

I went to my local Target yesterday, figuring that it had been a few days since the Clonetrooper had been released, all the scalpers must have had gotten their grubby hands on the figures they wanted. Boy was I wrong.

I was walking down by where they had the Star Wars toys and I noticed that they only had one Clonetrooper left. So I went to grab it, and the guy standing to my left who was searching some of the other pegs, reached over and grabbed the figure. I looked at him, only to notice his cart, which was filled with at least 15 Clones, all of the #41-44 figures, and all of the new deluxe figures.

I asked ever so nicely if he would be willing to let me have one of each item that was in his cart, and he told me in a rather nasty tone, that I could have them once he put them on sale in his store. So I said fine, and walked over to the sale associate that was watching everything that was going on between the rude guy and me. The sales associate didn't even seem to care that this guy had taken all the new stuff and left the peg warmers for the rest of us collectors and kids.

I am starting to think that this guy and the Target associate were working together from the beginning, and that is why the guy was able to get his hands on all the new merchandise. Grr...

I'm not suggesting anything illegal or anything, but if you were to follow him out to his car and "accidentally" run your shopping cart into it, I wouldn't tell...;)

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2005, 05:14 PM
As a Target person, I wonder, what did you expect the Target guy to do?

These are toys folks.

If the guy had a cart full of Dooku, Chancellor Palpatine, or Mon Mothma, would you have given a crap?

Probably not.

I am in NO WAY condoning SCALPING, but as employees of a retailer, in business to make money, our hands are kinda tied.

To be honest, I'd PROBABLY get in trouble if I said anything SLIGHTLY negative to the scalper/hoarder, like "Hey, how about saving some for the next guy.".....I'd probably get a verbal warning for being rude to a Guest.

We CAN limit purchases (ie. Target Clone), but basic figures come in an assortment, and are pretty much fair game.

It's the reality of retail, and it kinda sucks.

DarthAngel
05-14-2005, 10:13 PM
As a Target person, I wonder, what did you expect the Target guy to do?

These are toys folks.

If the guy had a cart full of Dooku, Chancellor Palpatine, or Mon Mothma, would you have given a crap?

Probably not.

I am in NO WAY condoning SCALPING, but as employees of a retailer, in business to make money, our hands are kinda tied.

To be honest, I'd PROBABLY get in trouble if I said anything SLIGHTLY negative to the scalper/hoarder, like "Hey, how about saving some for the next guy.".....I'd probably get a verbal warning for being rude to a Guest.

We CAN limit purchases (ie. Target Clone), but basic figures come in an assortment, and are pretty much fair game.

It's the reality of retail, and it kinda sucks.

I know its the reality of retail, after all I work in retail myself, however the clone troopers that this guy was hoarding were the Target exclusives, as well as well as the other figures. That is why I approached the Target employee, even after I mentioned to the employee that the sign mentioned a limit on how many this guy could buy (like the limit Target had with the Lava Vader), the Target employee still did not seem to care.

Yes you are right, they are only toys, but for a good number of us it is a hobby, and our hobby is becoming no fun because of the Target employee and the rude scalper.

It wouldn't have mattered if it was Dooku, Mon Mothma, or the Supreme Chancellor, or if was Wookie Warrior, Nemoidian Warrior, or Destroyer Droids. The simple fact that someone would hoard all the action figures and not leave any for other collectors (or kids for that matter), it is just rude, and not very considerate.

DarkCloud
05-14-2005, 11:41 PM
yea i agree with wut DarthChuchMc said, its very sad that scalpers take everything like the Target SP CLoneTrooper and leave none behind for others who have no time to come in the morning or kids who dont drive. its not the employees fault since its their responsible to sell the merchandise and not tell a customer not to buy as many he/she desires.

we just have to say to ourselves about these scalpers that they have nothing else to do but to wake up early just to buy toys for their enjoyment and leave others emptyhanded. sadly, i've seen these scalpers all the time when i visit target in the morning on my way to school and everytime something is new out, they would buy all of them :ermm:

i guess the old saying, the early bird gets the worm may describe our star wars toys hunting. i know it sucks and we just have to live with it but dont blame the employees of the store, its really not their responsiblity but to make customers happy.

darth_robb
05-15-2005, 12:45 AM
I don't know the production numbers of the Target Clone, but it has to be a lot more than the Darth Vader as we received two more cases of the figure today. It was in the newer plastic case with the updated symbol. The figures are still sitting in the back room as no one on the stock team put them due to the pegs being filled up with tons of basic figures as we got cases and cases of the 41-44 wave in for the sale that starts tomorrow.

Dark Helmet
05-15-2005, 08:37 AM
I don't know the production numbers of the Target Clone, but it has to be a lot more than the Darth Vader as we received two more cases of the figure today. It was in the newer plastic case with the updated symbol. The figures are still sitting in the back room as no one on the stock team put them due to the pegs being filled up with tons of basic figures as we got cases and cases of the 41-44 wave in for the sale that starts tomorrow.

Darthchuckmc and darth_robb, as employees of Target, have either of you seen any figures past #44 in the stores? I have only seen the assortment lists per case but not any actual figures. Are they (Hasbro+Lucasfilm) waiting until the picture has been released a while or x-mas to arrive? Any word?

darth_robb
05-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Darthchuckmc and darth_robb, as employees of Target, have either of you seen any figures past #44 in the stores? I have only seen the assortment lists per case but not any actual figures. Are they (Hasbro+Lucasfilm) waiting until the picture has been released a while or x-mas to arrive? Any word?

I haven't seen any figures beyond #44 at work or anywhere for that matter nor have I even come across the re-released #2 Anakin with the lightsaber correction. Like I said before we now have tons of the last wave #41-44. I have also only seen one case of the new deluxe wave with the operating table Vader assortment.

Sith Lord 0498
05-15-2005, 03:51 PM
I haven't seen any figures beyond #44 at work or anywhere for that matter nor have I even come across the re-released #2 Anakin with the lightsaber correction.

I've only seen the corrected lightsaber Anakin once at TRU. They had nearly a dozen, but now they're nowhere to be found.

DarthChuckMc
05-15-2005, 04:36 PM
I have 16 cases of 41-44 in backstock right now...all Collection 1 Wave 4, ratios 2 and 4

The breakdown sucks....

Wave 4 Ratio 2:
1x Yoda (#26)
1x Clone Trooper (#6)
1x Darth Vader (#11)
1x Tarfful (#25)
1x Clone Commander (#33)
1x Clone Pilot (#34)
1x Palpatine (#35)
1x General Grievous (#36)
1x Clone Trooper (#41)
1x Neimodiau Warrior (#42)
1x Wookie Warrior (#43)
1x Destroyer Droid (#44)

Wave 4 Ratio 4:
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (#1)
2x Clone Commander (#33)
2x Clone Pilot (#34)
1x Palpatine (#35)
1x General Grievous (#36)
1x Clone Trooper (#41)
1x Neimodiau Warrior (#42)
2x Wookie Warrior (#43)
1x Destroyer Droid (#44)

I also have 6 cases of Collection 2 Wave 3, but I can't remember what the Ratio # is right now.

1x Bail Organa (#15)
1x Padmé (#19)
1x Kit Fisto (#22)
1x Royal Guard (#23) BLUE
2x Vader's Medical Droid (#37)
2x AT-TE Tank Gunner (#38)
2x Polis Maasan (#39)
2x Mas Amedda (#40)

I wouldn't expect to see #45-50 for another few weeks. Maybe after the first week of June or so.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I also have 6 cases of Collection 2 Wave 3, but I can't remember what the Ratio # is right now.

1x Bail Organa (#15)
1x Padmé (#19)
1x Kit Fisto (#22)
1x Royal Guard (#23) BLUE
2x Vader's Medical Droid (#37)
2x AT-TE Tank Gunner (#38)
2x Polis Maasan (#39)
2x Mas Amedda (#40)

I wouldn't expect to see #45-50 for another few weeks. Maybe after the first week of June or so.

Looking at the Entertainment Earth catalog, that appears to be Collection 2 Wave 3 Rev. 1.

tagmac
05-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Believe it or not, these figures are still out there! I went to my local Target this morning to see if they'd gotten in the Tarkin wave yet, and while the pegs looked pretty empty (a good sign), with figures like the Wookiee Warrior and Clone Pilot semi-warming the pegs (another good sign), I got an even bigger surprise. About 10 exclusive clone troopers were hanging on the pegs! :sur: :) Must have been that random second shipment people had talked about. Anyway, I picked up just one, so I now have one to keep sealed and one to open. I had picked up a second Clone #41 last week, but I think now I'll return it to save a couple $$, since the Target Clone is basically the same figure, minus the antennae.