PDA

View Full Version : Walmart...update

Darth Chicken Head
04-30-2005, 05:24 PM
some walmarts are starting to discount early birds for $5 !!! keep an eye out so you can keep one unopened and mic .;)

moulman
04-30-2005, 05:51 PM
show me a receipt and maybe ill believe ya ;)

Darth Chicken Head
04-30-2005, 06:55 PM
sorry mole man no reciept cuz i didnt buy one . heres a link , start believen , if not who cares ;) ;) http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1156040&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2#Post1156137#1156040

moulman
04-30-2005, 07:31 PM
wow, if true, i will defiently pick up another. That way ill have one set to keep in the plastic wrap, and one set to display!:D

Sith Lord 0498
04-30-2005, 08:20 PM
sorry mole man no reciept cuz i didnt buy one . heres a link , start believen , if not who cares ;) ;) http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1156040&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2#Post1156137#1156040

Checked the link, and it's sooo refreshing to see a scalper actually announce their intentions right off the bat!! Way to go, tk421_1_2 :rolleyes:

As long as SW figures are around, so shall the scalpers. An event like this makes me happy that I'll be moving on to higher-end collectibles (MR, GG, Koto, Code 3, etc.) once the summer is over. For the most part, you don't have to hunt for weeks or worry about scalpers just to get them. At most, it's being in the right place at the right time (e.g. - my chrome Jango Fett bust that was on SWShop for about a day).

moulman
04-30-2005, 10:01 PM
well if anybody happens to come upon five dollar kits, pick me up one and ill paypal ya the moeny and shipping :D

Darth Alex
04-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Checked the link, and it's sooo refreshing to see a scalper actually announce their intentions right off the bat!! Way to go, tk421_1_2 :rolleyes:

As long as SW figures are around, so shall the scalpers. An event like this makes me happy that I'll be moving on to higher-end collectibles (MR, GG, Koto, Code 3, etc.) once the summer is over. For the most part, you don't have to hunt for weeks or worry about scalpers just to get them. At most, it's being in the right place at the right time (e.g. - my chrome Jango Fett bust that was on SWShop for about a day).

Ah, my friend, we think alike.
tk421....that's real cute, that part about the $50 sell back on ebay. Unless that's some sort of dig at scalpers, you should go work for a joint like Bryans, you'd fit right in.

THAT is the type of attitude that ruins perfectly good things.
While this is still a free country, it's a shame that people see SW merch as some sort of stock market-type investment and not something to be appreciated for the qualities and fun it holds.
Sure, it's nice to get limited stuff...but if I bought everything that was supposed to be worth $$$ down the line in Star Wars land, I'd go bonkers.

If you can find an early bird kit for $5, that is a cheap and GREAT way to get some more fine figures. If yer buying them to get $50 down the line, you ARE a scoundrel, a meatWAD, and deserve to sit on em for the rest of your natural life until as a spirit you see your sister's offspring put the dusty EB kits in a goodwill bag.

And yes, these kits should've cost $5 for the re-sculpt mania within.

:beard: . 'Nuff said.

Kidhuman
05-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Damn, I am 30 minutes from that Salem WM and cant get there....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Fluke Skywalker
05-01-2005, 07:21 AM
These babies are long gone at all local Walmarts, so no dice for me. Oh well, I didn't damage mine when I opened it, so it's OK. :D

Darth Chicken Head
05-01-2005, 07:26 AM
damn , i really hadnt thought of scalpin' them , so thanks for the idea ..hehe . really though i just wanted one extra to hang up. well, maybe 2 so i can " play " with one set of the birds!!lol

moulman
05-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Last I remember, the WM near my house was way overstocked with them (knock on wood), so hopefully they have alot of them clearanced.

Darth_Bane
05-01-2005, 10:09 AM
My local Wal-Mart has them for $15.99 and they have TONS of them, I hope they do drop down to $5 if so, I will grab two for sure.

moulman
05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Hmm..someone in that thread off RS said that theyll probably only be clearanced in the Southern States. dont know why that would be tho..

jimmymiro12
05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
CAn someone please pick up one for me. I really want one but I don't want to pay 30.00 so if someone can get it for 5.00 plus shipping I will take it and IF I buy it from you please have the reciept with it and don't rip me off.

thanks,
jimmy M

beckmen
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I didn't see this thing AT ALL. Never showed up at my WM, and it wasn't at the WM I went to out of town the other day. I didn't really want it that much anyway, though.

Sith Lord 0498
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
I didn't see this thing AT ALL. Never showed up at my WM, and it wasn't at the WM I went to out of town the other day. I didn't really want it that much anyway, though.

Only the Wal-Marts that participated in the "48 Hours of the Force" tent sale (and I won't even get into a rant about how awful that was...) received the Early Bird kits. The closest Wal-Mart to me that had them must've had 50 or more of them.

moulman
05-02-2005, 08:46 PM
I think that in time theyll drop the price of the kit on wm.com-im sure they don't wanna be stuck witha bunch of empty boxes...

but hey, maybe theyll just give em away for free:D

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know if WM.com will offer a refund if they lower the price of something that you purchased? I know the actual stores will, but I don't know about online. As for the tent sales, don't get me started on that, Sith Lord. :mad: There wasn't even one WM in the state of WV that participated.

Sith Lord 0498
05-03-2005, 05:38 AM
As for the tent sales, don't get me started on that, Sith Lord. :mad: There wasn't even one WM in the state of WV that participated.

You didn't miss anything ...trust me on that.

beckmen
05-03-2005, 01:37 PM
My WM had ads for it, but they didn't do it. They had in-store stuff and a guy dressed as Vader taking pictures with kids.

But it sounds like it wasn't that bad. Didn't they give away Attacktix for FREE???

Slicker
05-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Didn't they give away Attacktix for FREE???Yes sir they did. I wasn't able to get any but that's no biggie.

I went to my WM today and scanned one of the MANY they had and it rang up at $29.99 so no price cut here.

BTW, I live in Virginia so if it is only southern states then it hasn't hit yet.

dindae
05-03-2005, 02:24 PM
It really depends on the store on how lame the event was. Frankly I hope WM does have to clearance them to $5 a piece. The sad thing is that if they even tried to get these to every store they would have sold more. In Nashville not a single Wal-mart got these in even the one that had the lame event. The fact that someone made a list of Wal-mart and neglected to add at least one from every major city. I saw the figures at C3 and was not impressed. Granted it would take a lot to get me excited about another set of those character in those outfits.

Kidhuman
05-03-2005, 06:27 PM
BTW, I live in Virginia so if it is only southern states then it hasn't hit yet.

Actually the Salem store 30 minutes from em had em for 5 bucks according to RS.

moulman
05-03-2005, 06:38 PM
30 mins away is just a local call-might as well see if they are really marked down....I would do it, but im preety sure calling from Indiana to Salem would be considered long distance:p

Kidhuman
05-03-2005, 06:54 PM
30 minutes = 40 miles though, its all highway driving.

aceguide
05-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Ditto on Slicker's Virginia post. At least 30 sets on the shelf - rang up $29.97. It's cheaper on their website...

Side note - I actually enjoyed the WM MM event. 3 free Attacktix (which was like giving me some crack - I now have the starter set + 3 boosters) food samples, video games. Of course the 8 year-old was along for the ride which certainly adds to the enjoyment of something like that.