PDA

View Full Version : My TRU SUCKS!!

sease9
05-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Here is my story...I go to Walmart on Thursday night on my hunt for figures 41-44, I was there for a while just waiting for them to put the pallets out...no Star Wars, no biggy.

A fellow collector sees me waiting, and we start talking about collecting, I told him what I was looking for.

He tells me that earlier in the day he had stopped by TRU, and was able to find figures 41-44, plus the At-Te Tank Gunner wave, and that they had plenty available.(they received 21 cases, all mixed though)

He told me the case numbers for both, and said that it wouldn't be a bad idea to check on Friday.

So I get up today, stopped by 2 Targets, and picked up an extra Clone Commander, and Pilot, went to get a haircut, and finally stop by the TRU.

I get there and check the pegs, and there are absolutely no signs of any new figures. I start getting frustrated, and start walking away, but as I look to my right, I see a bunch of boxes just laying around. I quickly rush to see what they are, and indeed, I find a lonely case just sitting there.

I remember what this guy had told me about the case #'s, so I tear open the case(boy I tore it fast),and I find the Tank Gunner wave!! ( I was still missing him, and Polis, since I bought on ebay a few weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for it )

So really happy that I found those figures, I go to the Guest Service and politely ask, if I can purchase figures 41-44 because I was told they had them in yesterday from a good source who purchases figures there frequently.

They look at me like I'm crazy.

Then some idiot goes," we can't put out anything because we have plenty on the floor and they are not selling".

I tell him that I saw plenty of space where to hang them. They start giving me every [censored] excuse you can think of, then some guy suppousedly goes to check the back; he even came back with a case but tells me that all they have are Collection Wave 1, and that he himself stocked the figures yesterday, and that he' s never ever seen that wave.(Implying that I was making the story up)

I tell him, then how did I know that this wave was gonna be here available today? and I show him the figures I grabbed, and I even tell him about the case numbers this guy gave me.

Could't really answer me anything back, but suppousedly went back there again to check one more time for the figures, and comes back saying the same thing. "We only have the same figures that we've had since 4/2".

Well, I left without figures 41-44, but at least I was able to grab the Tank Gunner, which I probably wouldn't have been able to, if it wasn't for them slippin' and leaving it out. Talk about shady employees...

Btw, I posted this on Rebelscum first, but ended up getting my thread locked, so I figured I would post it here, to see what you guys thought.

Sean the Hutt
05-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Uhhh, Toys R Us has always sucked!
well it was cool when I was a kid. It was just a warehouse of toys stacked to the rafters.That was cool.

BoPs
05-01-2005, 06:17 AM
wow.. my posts got deleted again :(

plasticfetish
05-01-2005, 06:27 AM
So, what your trying to say is that they're hiding the new stuff in the back for themselves? They're "shady" because they wouldn't bring out merchandise that a person--who doesn't work there--said they'd have?

I mean, no doubt they probably blew you off because they're constantly being asked about newer stuff, and for sure they could care less about your (or my) toy collection, but it's a bit harsh just to asume there's a conspiracy of some sort going on. ;) Face it, you come in all excited about the toys, and they look at you and think, "Man, I'm making minimum wage working for a company that's gonna restructure pretty soon and fire my lazy a** if they're smart. So what do I care about this guys plastic toy fetish?"

Yeah, they're lame, but like Sean the Hutt just said, it's not a new thing. Just go look some place else. Viva la caza!

Btw, I posted this on Rebelscum first, but ended up getting my thread locked, so I figured I would post it here, to see what you guys thought.I can see this thread moving to the general discussion section. It's really more about your TRU sucking than ROTS toys.

Clonetrooper1131
05-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty disapointed in TRU here in Visalia. I think I've gone atleast three times a week ever since the ROTS toys came out, and I've found nothing. It kind of concerns me because I swear it looks like no one even comes in to buy stuff or even look at it. Because if that's the case then there's no way that they're going to put out any of the new figures. Heck I even found a bunch of the Hologram Yoda's just sitting around. It had looked if they had been just been placed on the shelf, two days later I went back and none of them have moved.

It seems like Target and Walmart has been the best bet so far.

moulman
05-01-2005, 07:11 PM
If that was me, I woulda just gone up to the checkout and tried to buy em. Theres no harm in that, the barcodes were probablly already in their system, so you prolly coulda gottem w/o asking about it.

But like what others have said, if they help you or if they dont, they're still getting paid, and thats what matters the most to them :(

terman123
05-01-2005, 07:43 PM
I have to agree with you guys But would also add that TRU isn't the only store that doesn't seem to care. My Target won't even put out product during the day even if the space is empty. My Wal-mart had a few of the 12" Barriss Ofee, and Shaak Ti on an overstock when I asked someone if they could get them down for me they pretty much blew me off. Went to find the manager and he pretty much told me the shelf was already full so they wouldn't pull them down, so obviouslly my money doesn't matter to them. The TRU situation yes part of it is a big change is comming to the company they just got rid of all full time postitions, including some management positions, obviouslly they think that it only takes two managers to run a store. I work for one of the TRU in a higher position and realize that even in these uncertain times for TRU that my guests are what matters. So I apoligize if the company is censored you. I have no problem looking for figures or merchandise in the back. It is the right thing to do and in the end you will make a loyal customer. Lately the distrubution has sucked on ROTS merch. we have just recieved more of the merchandise into the warehouses( the buyers excuse we didn't anticipate the sales of the merchandise). So just know that there are a few TRU people, fighting for you guys.

Terman123 out

Scackmgack
05-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I think the word "conspiracy" is strong, but I have been learning more and more about the scalping community here around Boston, and I have every faith that there are, indeed, workers at Targets and Wal-Marts and TRUs who either take the pick of the litter for themselves to sell on eBay, or who have established relationships with scalpers who come in in the mornings and they let them go through the case assortments first.

This is why it is so important that we support HasbroShop.Com as strongly as we can as soon as it goes online. I am willing to pay the extra $1 a figure and forgoe retail buying EVER again if it means I can get what I want, when I want it.

If enough of us buy online, Hasbro will make sure to divert enough supply to their online store to make sure they have enough product to sell. The trick, now, is to see if Hasbro enforces purchase limits to prevent the scalpers from taking advantage, or else the problem will get worse, not better, for the rest of us.

Darthmarc
05-01-2005, 10:36 PM
I responded to your post on Scum...TRU does stink.

Reason 1 why they are getting killed by Target/Walmart for toys sales: Price/Selection

They had a crappy Holo Yoda. Whoopiedo. They have restocked very little at the TRU's around me since 4/2...They are still only offereing figures up to the high 20's (poor selection on their part-overstocked on earlier figures), whereas Target/Walmart and even KOHLS has been upt to 40....TRU has come up short for me this time...

terman123
05-02-2005, 02:47 AM
I agree. I do work for TRU and I do agree they have dropped the ball on the ROTS toys. I mean it's TRU they should have the best selection. The buyers should have been more agressive in ordering different waves. We are still seeing the first sets of figures. They should have distributed each wave to each store. On 4/2 we had 30+ cases of Collection 1 but they were all the same wave. Pricing some of the prices are higher and some are about the same. The buyers once again should have gotten a better price from Hasbro, I mean in an off movie year TRU is one of the only places to find half the product. When it costs TRU almost $5.00 for a basic figure from Hasbro(it's a molded piece of plastic). It's hard to sell it for cheap. Another problem is the exclusives. TRU should have the best exclusives. Yoda was a disapointment, the next one Anakin with a jedi starfighter, come on we already have two of those ships out now. Rumor is there will be another X-wing latter in the year(how many x-wings do we need). No doubt these will still sell out they seem to always. Why they couldn't go to hasbro and have them make a Twin Pod Cloud Car(Hasbro says it would be too costly). Since they would have to make a new mold for it. They have to do that with all the ROTS ships. If it was done with say Two Cloud Car Pilots, I would be willing to pay more than the regular exclusive price of $29.99. I would pay 35-40 for it. Since the remake exclusives alway sell out I'm sure a brand new ship would to. TRU could double their usual order for it. Just my thoughts.

Terman123

sease9
05-02-2005, 04:30 AM
I appreciate all the positive feedback.

I posted this on Rebelscum, and I got a lot of negativity back.

And I wasn't trying to say, that there is a conspiracy going on, but more like they were aware that I knew they had received a shipment(especially after I showed them the figures I got there on my own), so they had the figures available in the stockroom, but chose not to sell them to me for what ever reasons, to be pricks I guess.

@Moulman...I did buy the figures, the ones I found there on my own( the case that I opened), it was 41-44 that I couldn't, cause they weren't on the floor.

I have more stories about another TRU in my area...but I'll leave that for another day, I'm a bit tired now. :o

Btw I picked up an extra Red Royal Guard, and Mas Ammedda to trade tonight, anyone interested contact me... ;)

WesleySr
05-03-2005, 04:14 AM
Well, I will chime in on this thread too. My TRU here has not gotten anything new in either. They have yet to get anything above 32. Also, no Gunships or Battle Arenas. I have a friend that works at the store and he told me that they have hardly gotten much in since 4/2. Also, the stuff they have gotten in seems to be more of the stuff that is clogging up the pegs. Hopefully, 1 of the 3 major retailers will have their figures on sale in the next couple of weeks/months and can clear up some shelf space.